BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion
 
PYSPEED
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-26-2008, 09:14 PM   #1
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
161

 
scottwww's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA


Posts: 4,759
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
More money for war

The U.S. Senate just approved $160 billion for the war. President Bush is expected to sign it.
__________________
2007 BMW 335i E92, Montego Blue on Cream Beige, MT, ZSP, ZPP, CA, PDC, CWP and Style 188 for winter

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2008, 09:15 PM   #2
Robertbog
Lieutenant
19

 
Robertbog's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dallas


Posts: 526
iTrader: (1)

Marching to Iran, following Israel.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2008, 09:24 PM   #3
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
161

 
scottwww's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA


Posts: 4,759
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Congress Passes Iraq War Spending Bill

Congress Passes Iraq War Spending Bill

Thursday, June 26, 2008

WASHINGTON Congress has approved a $162 billion spending bill for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The bill, given final approval Thursday in the Senate, also provides veterans a free college education and extends expiring unemployment benefits for another 13 weeks. It provides $2.7 billion in emergency flood relief in the Midwest.

The House passed the bill last week, and President Bush says he will sign it.
__________________
2007 BMW 335i E92, Montego Blue on Cream Beige, MT, ZSP, ZPP, CA, PDC, CWP and Style 188 for winter

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2008, 10:54 PM   #4
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
17

 
Bobby_Light's Avatar
 
Drives: E36 M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal


Posts: 1,353
iTrader: (14)

Fire up those printing presses.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2008, 06:37 AM   #5
dr335is
Brigadier General
54

 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX


Posts: 4,973
iTrader: (4)

Ah...luckily my kids have dual citizenship...
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2008, 10:25 AM   #6
e90im
Brigadier General
United_States
113

 
e90im's Avatar
 
Drives: f30
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA


Posts: 3,108
iTrader: (8)

Bomb..bomb...bomb...

__________________
'13 f30 328i | P7ACA | S563A | S4DLA | Jet Black |

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2008, 10:54 AM   #7
TMNT
Captain
38

 
Drives: 330ci ZHP
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: VA


Posts: 875
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90im View Post
Bomb..bomb...bomb...

bombing is the answer to all of our problems
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2008, 11:39 AM   #8
ironjw
Major
United_States
14

 
ironjw's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 818


Posts: 1,417
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to ironjw
This shit is never gonna end!!
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2008, 01:06 PM   #9
ganeil
Colonel
United_States
35

 
ganeil's Avatar
 
Drives: 328i Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Georgia


Posts: 2,050
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironjw View Post
This shit is never gonna end!!
Yeah, this must be the longest, costliest war in history!
__________________
_____________

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2008, 04:16 PM   #10
dr335is
Brigadier General
54

 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX


Posts: 4,973
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
Yeah, this must be the longest, costliest war in history!
Nah, everything is great!
WHere's DOW...15,000...ups...
Where's the gas...$1, $2, $3....$4...
WHat about inflation (real one)...

We're fighting a "bad" enemy that is taking us longer than the WW2...
We threw 5 MILLIOON homes down the drain in Iraq...10 MILLION Heart transplants... We want more!

Shame...
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2008, 04:17 PM   #11
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
548

 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .


Posts: 46,037
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
war? what war? we just there chillin'... our economy is booming what money? we dont need nah money
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2008, 03:04 AM   #12
ra2fanatic
Lieutenant General
United_States
149

 
ra2fanatic's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 AW E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SoCal


Posts: 11,826
iTrader: (29)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to ra2fanatic
i kno u guys r against the war and wat not, but hey, it helps pay for our soldiers too u kno? just realize all those soldiers need a paycheck too like u and i. i just came bak in april, so i kno it all...besides, seein this bill pass really excites me cuz part of the bill included better GI Bill for soldiers. that GI Bill is really gonna help me wen i apply for skool. increased pay for my time of service while goin to skool. i was really glad this bill was not vetoed by bush. i'd hav to thank him for this bill...
__________________


Camden S...Stg4
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2008, 10:32 AM   #13
dr335is
Brigadier General
54

 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX


Posts: 4,973
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra2fanatic View Post
i kno u guys r against the war and wat not, but hey, it helps pay for our soldiers too u kno? just realize all those soldiers need a paycheck too like u and i. i just came bak in april, so i kno it all...besides, seein this bill pass really excites me cuz part of the bill included better GI Bill for soldiers. that GI Bill is really gonna help me wen i apply for skool. increased pay for my time of service while goin to skool. i was really glad this bill was not vetoed by bush. i'd hav to thank him for this bill...
what?
Please re-write all this...it is a shame that the Army "educated" you with the taxpayer's money...

On the other hand, I am all for it to pay for you guys, but to stay at home close to your families and DEFEND our country. That is what our Army is for, not what Bush is using you all for.

Stay safe!
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2008, 10:44 AM   #14
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
548

 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .


Posts: 46,037
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ra2fanatic View Post
i kno u guys r against the war and wat not, but hey, it helps pay for our soldiers too u kno? just realize all those soldiers need a paycheck too like u and i. i just came bak in april, so i kno it all...besides, seein this bill pass really excites me cuz part of the bill included better GI Bill for soldiers. that GI Bill is really gonna help me wen i apply for skool. increased pay for my time of service while goin to skool. i was really glad this bill was not vetoed by bush. i'd hav to thank him for this bill...
it doesnt take all these trillions and bills paying billions of dollars almost every quarter of the year to pay you guys. sad but actualy soldiers arent getting shit from all that dude.

on another note that only tells us that dems = reps. we rushed into voting for dems for a change, and they "pretended" to pressure G.W. for the first 2 months then here they are doing everything he wants.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2008, 10:55 AM   #15
ra2fanatic
Lieutenant General
United_States
149

 
ra2fanatic's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 AW E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SoCal


Posts: 11,826
iTrader: (29)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to ra2fanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mantis View Post
it doesnt take all these trillions and bills paying billions of dollars almost every quarter of the year to pay you guys. sad but actualy soldiers arent getting shit from all that dude.

on another note that only tells us that dems = reps. we rushed into voting for dems for a change, and they "pretended" to pressure G.W. for the first 2 months then here they are doing everything he wants.
tru tru, we really weren't really gettin paid shit out there, i agree. some joes were barely crackin 1.5k a month, pathetic, but they got cheated u kno.

either way tho, i'm still glad new GI Bill got passed, thats the only positive note that came outta that new spending bill..
__________________


Camden S...Stg4
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2008, 03:45 PM   #16
e90im
Brigadier General
United_States
113

 
e90im's Avatar
 
Drives: f30
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA


Posts: 3,108
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra2fanatic View Post
i kno u guys r against the war and wat not, but hey, it helps pay for our soldiers too u kno? just realize all those soldiers need a paycheck too like u and i. i just came bak in april, so i kno it all...besides, seein this bill pass really excites me cuz part of the bill included better GI Bill for soldiers. that GI Bill is really gonna help me wen i apply for skool. increased pay for my time of service while goin to skool. i was really glad this bill was not vetoed by bush. i'd hav to thank him for this bill...
WTF?
__________________
'13 f30 328i | P7ACA | S563A | S4DLA | Jet Black |

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2008, 03:50 PM   #17
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
67

 
ArmyBimmerDude's Avatar
 
Drives: Lola
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Georgia


Posts: 5,504
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to ArmyBimmerDude Send a message via Yahoo to ArmyBimmerDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by ra2fanatic View Post
tru tru, we really weren't really gettin paid shit out there, i agree. some joes were barely crackin 1.5k a month, pathetic, but they got cheated u kno.

either way tho, i'm still glad new GI Bill got passed, thats the only positive note that came outta that new spending bill..
Thats true. I'm loving the new GI Bill. Goes to my pocket when I start ROTC in a few months.
__________________
2007 E92 Montego Blue 335i
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2008, 04:17 PM   #18
ra2fanatic
Lieutenant General
United_States
149

 
ra2fanatic's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 AW E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SoCal


Posts: 11,826
iTrader: (29)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to ra2fanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyBimmerDude View Post
Thats true. I'm loving the new GI Bill. Goes to my pocket when I start ROTC in a few months.
__________________


Camden S...Stg4
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2008, 03:33 PM   #19
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
161

 
scottwww's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA


Posts: 4,759
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Hasn't dr325i stated on various occasions that 200,000 or 500,000 or a million people have died in Iraq due to the war (with the implication that it is at the hands of U.S. forces)?

Documented civilian deaths from violence
85,318 – 93,060


What are the sources of Iraqi civilian deaths? It seems that quite a lot are from the acts of Al Quaeda and other militant Islamist groups.

Keep them fighting on their own turf until we can really secure U.S. borders and deport illegals. We see 93,060 Iraqi civilian dead due to terrorists fighting against those who would have peace with the U.S. That's much better than to see 93,060 U.S. civilian dead due to terrorists fighting on U.S. soil.
__________________
2007 BMW 335i E92, Montego Blue on Cream Beige, MT, ZSP, ZPP, CA, PDC, CWP and Style 188 for winter

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2008, 05:03 PM   #20
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
161

 
scottwww's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA


Posts: 4,759
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Never forget.







Some words borrowed from TacomaJoe:
Quote:
Muslim Extremists sure as hell demand obediance without Question. Will you fight their intolerance?

They hang homosexuals you know, after they stone them half to death.
__________________
2007 BMW 335i E92, Montego Blue on Cream Beige, MT, ZSP, ZPP, CA, PDC, CWP and Style 188 for winter

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto

Last edited by scottwww; 06-29-2008 at 05:28 PM.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2008, 05:37 PM   #21
dr335is
Brigadier General
54

 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX


Posts: 4,973
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
Hasn't dr325i stated on various occasions that 200,000 or 500,000 or a million people have died in Iraq due to the war (with the implication that it is at the hands of U.S. forces)?

Documented civilian deaths from violence
85,318 93,060


What are the sources of Iraqi civilian deaths? It seems that quite a lot are from the acts of Al Quaeda and other militant Islamist groups.

Keep them fighting on their own turf until we can really secure U.S. borders and deport illegals. We see 93,060 Iraqi civilian dead due to terrorists fighting against those who would have peace with the U.S. That's much better than to see 93,060 U.S. civilian dead due to terrorists fighting on U.S. soil.
Documented by who?
How many missing?
I can find you at least 15 other links that "document" more than 300,000...

Again, empty wish Scotty...
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2008, 05:43 PM   #22
dr335is
Brigadier General
54

 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX


Posts: 4,973
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
Never forget.







Some words borrowed from TacomaJoe:
INDEED!!!

http://emperors-clothes.com/images/rem.htm

http://technorati.com/videos/youtube...%3DQlwhjeH6DE8

You want more?
First look at your own before critisizing others...
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST