BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

OneEighty
Closed Thread

06-28-2008, 07:44 PM   #67
michaeldorian
Captain
United_States

Drives: Beater Nissan Truck

For those who own or have driven the RS4 what do you think of the car in terms being a better car for wetter conditions. I'm debating between picking a used RS4 and saving the 10+ K's compared to the new M3 thinking it will be the better overall car in the pacific north west - Seattle where it rains a ton. I mean the M3 is only so great when its dry? Opinions?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2008, 04:14 PM   #68
footie
Major General
No_Country

Drives: ????????????

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldorian View Post
For those who own or have driven the RS4 what do you think of the car in terms being a better car for wetter conditions. I'm debating between picking a used RS4 and saving the 10+ K's compared to the new M3 thinking it will be the better overall car in the pacific north west - Seattle where it rains a ton. I mean the M3 is only so great when its dry? Opinions?

The RS4 will be the easier car to drive in the wet, of that there is no doubt what so ever. I wouldn't say that it corners that much quicker if at all but where it will really score against the M3 is coming out of the corner, it will find far more traction and pull yards out of the M3 through this.

The surprise to some here is that while the M3 is clearly the more entertaining and enjoyable in the dry the RS4 reverses this in the wet, quattro is a real laugh in the wet because the tail comes into play a lot more and because it's awd it's that bit more easily controlled. The M3 in the wet you really need to know what you are doing to have fun and drive quickly, most will leave the DSC on and rightly so because it takes balls to use 420hp to the full on a wet surface, it even takes balls in the dry.

Don't know if this is what you wanted but there you are.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2008, 05:43 PM   #69
6SpeedMan
Poor rich kid working

Drives: 335i soon to be M3

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Well if he was a really good driver, then the guy in the audi must have been a god.
      06-30-2008, 06:12 PM   #70
STIto335
Private First Class
United_States

Drives: a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6SpeedMan View Post
Well if he was a really good driver, then the guy in the audi must have been a god.
Yea you got that right, he's my hero.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread