BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis
 
INDustry distribution
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-31-2009, 12:27 PM   #1
KiokenM3
Lieutenant Colonel
 
KiokenM3's Avatar
 
Drives: LIFTED JEEP JK!
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: LA

Posts: 1,507
iTrader: (4)

rdo sports installed. problem

i just installed my rd sport springs. everythings cool except the left front sits at least 3/4" higher than the rigth front. its very noticeable if your looking at it. any suggestions?
KiokenM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-31-2009, 12:42 PM   #2
Kev
Resident Anesthesiologist
 
Kev's Avatar
 
Drives: VW bug with a misplaced engine
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle, WA

Posts: 8,815
iTrader: (24)

Garage List
Have the shop check and see if the springs are correctly seated. I had the AC Schnitzer springs installed Monday and the drop were equal left and right.
__________________
kev { divinum est sedate dolorem }
Kev is offline   Hong Kong
0
Reply With Quote
      01-31-2009, 05:36 PM   #3
KiokenM3
Lieutenant Colonel
 
KiokenM3's Avatar
 
Drives: LIFTED JEEP JK!
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: LA

Posts: 1,507
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
Have the shop check and see if the springs are correctly seated. I had the AC Schnitzer springs installed Monday and the drop were equal left and right.
i'll have the shop check it on monday. everything else looks good except the left front. hopefully its just not seated properly.
KiokenM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-31-2009, 06:03 PM   #4
Technic
Lieutenant General
 
Technic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, 2014 528i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

Posts: 10,783
iTrader: (16)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiokenM3 View Post
i just installed my rd sport springs. everythings cool except the left front sits at least 3/4" higher than the rigth front. its very noticeable if your looking at it. any suggestions?
I bet $1.58 that the left shock is not fully seated into the mounting sleeve of the suspension carrier (item #2):

Technic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-31-2009, 11:45 PM   #5
KiokenM3
Lieutenant Colonel
 
KiokenM3's Avatar
 
Drives: LIFTED JEEP JK!
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: LA

Posts: 1,507
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
I bet $1.58 that the left shock is not fully seated into the mounting sleeve of the suspension carrier (item #2):


thanks for the diagram. i'll show the guy on monday.
KiokenM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-02-2009, 01:59 AM   #6
mdrobc13
Major
 
mdrobc13's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 BMW 550i
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: On a base somewhere near or afar!

Posts: 1,474
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2012 BMW 550i  [5.00]
Send a message via MSN to mdrobc13 Send a message via Yahoo to mdrobc13
Hey guys what did you pay for your springs and install if you don't mind? Any pros or cons? Pics?
__________________
'12 F10 550i (Dinan Stage 5, LSD, Intercoolers, CF Intake/Brace, Shockware, Springs, Eisenmann Race Exhaust, CF rear difuser, Giovanni "Lindo" Graphite 20" wheels)
'10 e71 X6 35iDrive SAV (Space Gray) - Gone
'06 e85 Z4 M Roadster (Black Metallic) -Gone
'08 e92 M3 coupe (Sparkling Graphite) -Gone
mdrobc13 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-03-2009, 10:23 AM   #7
KiokenM3
Lieutenant Colonel
 
KiokenM3's Avatar
 
Drives: LIFTED JEEP JK!
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: LA

Posts: 1,507
iTrader: (4)

good news. took the car back to the shop. showed him the problem and totally took care of it. car now sits pretty level at all four corners. thanks guys
KiokenM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-03-2009, 10:54 AM   #8
Technic
Lieutenant General
 
Technic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, 2014 528i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

Posts: 10,783
iTrader: (16)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiokenM3 View Post
good news. took the car back to the shop. showed him the problem and totally took care of it. car now sits pretty level at all four corners. thanks guys
So... what was it?
Technic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-03-2009, 11:46 AM   #9
Kev
Resident Anesthesiologist
 
Kev's Avatar
 
Drives: VW bug with a misplaced engine
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle, WA

Posts: 8,815
iTrader: (24)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
So... what was it?
+1, what was the problem?
__________________
kev { divinum est sedate dolorem }
Kev is offline   Hong Kong
0
Reply With Quote
      02-03-2009, 11:47 AM   #10
KiokenM3
Lieutenant Colonel
 
KiokenM3's Avatar
 
Drives: LIFTED JEEP JK!
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: LA

Posts: 1,507
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
So... what was it?

I showed him the suspension diagram in the above post. told him to look at the car again. he said all suspension is gonna be off, i said ya but not by this much. so i left the car, came back a few hours later and everything was all good. he said he compressed the spring for a few hours to let is settle??? but in all honestly, i think maybe he didnt properly seat the spring cuz i didnt see a spring compressor anywhere. hahaha. maybe just his pride, but oh well. car is fixed so im happy
KiokenM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-04-2009, 04:14 AM   #11
SECRET M
Engineer
 
SECRET M's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Northern California

Posts: 276
iTrader: (1)

glad you got it fixed. figured it was an issue with where the spring was seating or the caps by the gap you were describing. funny how some idiots will tell you that's the way suspensions are. one finger difference? don't think so. ( :
__________________
2012 Range Rover Sport Autobiography :: Sumatra Black|Tan.Ebony
2008 BMW ///M3 :: Space Gray|Black
SECRET M is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-04-2009, 04:25 AM   #12
badfish
Major
 
badfish's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 AW M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SoCal

Posts: 1,035
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
I would have left the suspension the way it was after the drop and named the car Ilene or Irene if you're Chinese...
__________________
badfish is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-04-2009, 11:06 AM   #13
KiokenM3
Lieutenant Colonel
 
KiokenM3's Avatar
 
Drives: LIFTED JEEP JK!
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: LA

Posts: 1,507
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECRET M View Post
glad you got it fixed. figured it was an issue with where the spring was seating or the caps by the gap you were describing. funny how some idiots will tell you that's the way suspensions are. one finger difference? don't think so. ( :

ya i can understand how suspension can be off by lets say 1/4", but it was more like an 1" off.
KiokenM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-04-2009, 11:19 AM   #14
Technic
Lieutenant General
 
Technic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, 2014 528i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

Posts: 10,783
iTrader: (16)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiokenM3 View Post
I showed him the suspension diagram in the above post. told him to look at the car again. he said all suspension is gonna be off, i said ya but not by this much. so i left the car, came back a few hours later and everything was all good. he said he compressed the spring for a few hours to let is settle??? but in all honestly, i think maybe he didnt properly seat the spring cuz i didnt see a spring compressor anywhere. hahaha. maybe just his pride, but oh well. car is fixed so im happy
That's some Food Channel explanation right there...
Technic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-04-2009, 03:52 PM   #15
gixxer_kidd
Major
 
Drives: e92 m3
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NNJ

Posts: 1,401
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2008 m3  [5.00]
Glad everything worked out. I'm thinking about getting the rdsport springs as well. Do you have any pics of your car?
gixxer_kidd is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-04-2009, 04:26 PM   #16
tmntmn
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: e92 M3/M-DCT
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bay Area

Posts: 1,886
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer_kidd View Post
Glad everything worked out. I'm thinking about getting the rdsport springs as well. Do you have any pics of your car?
i had the RDspring on my 08 m3 here are some pictures before i strip the car!!




I cant wait for my 09 new idrive!!!
tmntmn is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-04-2009, 04:34 PM   #17
gixxer_kidd
Major
 
Drives: e92 m3
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NNJ

Posts: 1,401
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2008 m3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntmn View Post
i had the RDspring on my 08 m3 here are some pictures before i strip the car!!

I cant wait for my 09 new idrive!!!
Thanks for sharing. I can't really tell from the angles you took, but was there any gap? It looks like the top of the tires sits flush with the fender which is exactly what I'm looking for. Not going for the slammed/tucked look for this car.
gixxer_kidd is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-04-2009, 05:10 PM   #18
KiokenM3
Lieutenant Colonel
 
KiokenM3's Avatar
 
Drives: LIFTED JEEP JK!
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: LA

Posts: 1,507
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer_kidd View Post
Glad everything worked out. I'm thinking about getting the rdsport springs as well. Do you have any pics of your car?

no pics of the car. kinda hate to post pics of another stock alpine white m3. will def post pics when the car done. so i guess that'll be sometime in march
KiokenM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-04-2009, 07:30 PM   #19
tmntmn
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: e92 M3/M-DCT
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bay Area

Posts: 1,886
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer_kidd View Post
Thanks for sharing. I can't really tell from the angles you took, but was there any gap? It looks like the top of the tires sits flush with the fender which is exactly what I'm looking for. Not going for the slammed/tucked look for this car.
i went with RDsports because it drop the car little more then h&r without tucking the tires. i said there about half a finger gap between the tire and fender the last time i remember. i dont have the car anymore so i cant take anymore pictures for you, if you can wait a couple weeks when i get my 09 and put back the springs ill take more pix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiokenM3 View Post
no pics of the car. kinda hate to post pics of another stock alpine white m3. will def post pics when the car done. so i guess that'll be sometime in march
yea i feel you man, i have all these parts waiting at SonicMS to be installed and i dont have a car at the moment
tmntmn is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-26-2009, 05:55 AM   #20
MrHarris
yodog
 
MrHarris's Avatar
 
Drives: '86 Corolla
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Diamond Bar, Ca

Posts: 5,035
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2009 BMW  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to MrHarris
I just got my car dropped on H&R's. I noticed my front drivers side has like 1cm more fender gap than the front passenger side, should I take it back to the shop?
__________________

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
MrHarris is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:31 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST