BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos
 
Lux Angel Eyes
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-17-2008, 08:31 AM   #1
hks786
Major General
 
Drives: *
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK

Posts: 5,348
iTrader: (0)

Exclamation Audi TT RS spied on Nürburgring

Pics:
Attached Images
       
__________________
hks786 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2008, 08:32 AM   #2
hks786
Major General
 
Drives: *
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK

Posts: 5,348
iTrader: (0)

Guys this is firm proof that we havent seen the TT-R body yet. First Audi used TT-Sline prototypes and now they are using the TT-S. They clues that indicate we are seeing the TT-R in testing are the exhausts and the honeycomb mesh used for intakes.
__________________
hks786 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2008, 09:32 AM   #3
Hampi
Private First Class
 
Drives: 335 XI
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Switzerland

Posts: 184
iTrader: (0)

Great looking car, this TTS . Lowered and with RS4 style exhaust tips, it just gorgeous. I hope miltek will come out soon with such an exhaust for the TTS.
__________________
Cobb, BMW PP, ETS FMIC, BMC, KW3, AC Schnitzer sway bars, M6 replicas, Riss CDV
Hampi is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2008, 09:35 AM   #4
Year's_End
RWD only.
 
Year's_End's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Pete, FL

Posts: 12,198
iTrader: (0)

Looks good. A bit chunky, but strong stance nonetheless.
__________________
E92 335i: Space Grey|Coral Red|Aluminum Trim

Future Ride: 2015 Mustang GT Premium |Guard|401A|PP|Recaros|6MT
Year's_End is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2008, 09:41 AM   #5
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
 
OBI_agent's Avatar
 
Drives: ABS,American bargain supercar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dubai

Posts: 2,094
iTrader: (0)

Looks good...'strong presence' look
__________________
11 corvette C6
OBI_agent is offline   United Arab Emirates
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2008, 10:24 AM   #6
!Xoible
Banned
 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

Posts: 46,037
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
i've seen better titties
!Xoible is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2008, 11:27 AM   #7
e92leon
我的車車有Turbo&!!!
 
e92leon's Avatar
 
Drives: 빠른차
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: ?????

Posts: 2,599
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [5.00]
2006 RX-8 (SE3P)  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to e92leon Send a message via MSN to e92leon
how much would this car be?
__________________
e92leon is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2008, 01:02 PM   #8
footie
Major General
 
footie's Avatar
 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

Posts: 7,507
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
I see some are saying the RS5 is to get a 4.0L supercharged unit instead of the 4.2FSi used in the last RS4. Output is thought to be 444hp and being forced induction that will mean more torque as well, maybe as much as 400ft/lbs.

This could be the M3's biggest challenge.

Sorry for going OT.
footie is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2008, 01:09 PM   #9
hks786
Major General
 
Drives: *
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK

Posts: 5,348
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
I see some are saying the RS5 is to get a 4.0L supercharged unit instead of the 4.2FSi used in the last RS4. Output is thought to be 444hp and being forced induction that will mean more torque as well, maybe as much as 400ft/lbs.

This could be the M3's biggest challenge.

Sorry for going OT.
Valid point. RS6 went the FI route and the S4 will go the same route. It's expected that the TT-R will also have FI and there is a good chance the RS5 could be too.
__________________
hks786 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2008, 01:18 PM   #10
footie
Major General
 
footie's Avatar
 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

Posts: 7,507
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
Valid point. RS6 went the FI route and the S4 will go the same route. It's expected that the TT-R will also have FI and there is a good chance the RS5 could be too.
Is the S4 confirmed with either a turbo or supercharger? Different sites and magazines seem to have different opinions on this.
footie is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2008, 01:26 PM   #11
Neema
Major General
 
Neema's Avatar
 
Drives: a few BMWs
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SoCal

Posts: 7,186
iTrader: (11)

This only says S man. . . . . not RS
__________________

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Neema is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2008, 01:29 PM   #12
!Xoible
Banned
 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

Posts: 46,037
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
Guys this is firm proof that we havent seen the TT-R body yet. First Audi used TT-Sline prototypes and now they are using the TT-S. They clues that indicate we are seeing the TT-R in testing are the exhausts and the honeycomb mesh used for intakes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
This only says S man. . . . . not RS
!Xoible is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2008, 01:36 PM   #13
footie
Major General
 
footie's Avatar
 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

Posts: 7,507
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mantis View Post
i've seen better titties
But they are usually attached to a beautiful girl.
footie is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2008, 01:37 PM   #14
Neema
Major General
 
Neema's Avatar
 
Drives: a few BMWs
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SoCal

Posts: 7,186
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mantis View Post
__________________

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Neema is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2008, 02:06 PM   #15
EVO_S4
Colonel
 
EVO_S4's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Golf R
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: TN

Posts: 2,203
iTrader: (28)

Garage List
2009 BMW  [4.12]
car look great
__________________
2013 Lexus RX350 F-Sport
2012 VW Golf R
EVO_S4 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2008, 02:20 PM   #16
hks786
Major General
 
Drives: *
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK

Posts: 5,348
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
Is the S4 confirmed with either a turbo or supercharger? Different sites and magazines seem to have different opinions on this.
will be supercharged but named "TFSI".
__________________
hks786 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2008, 03:14 PM   #17
footie
Major General
 
footie's Avatar
 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

Posts: 7,507
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
will be supercharged but named "TFSI".

Is that confirmed by Audi?
footie is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2008, 04:02 PM   #18
audiprotein
Lieutenant
 
audiprotein's Avatar
 
Drives: Audi a4
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chicago Burbsss

Posts: 439
iTrader: (0)

By the "unofficial" officials ))
__________________
L.E.T.S. G.O. H.A.W.K.S.
audiprotein is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2008, 04:08 PM   #19
hks786
Major General
 
Drives: *
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK

Posts: 5,348
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
Is that confirmed by Audi?
unofficial sources but should be reliable!
__________________
hks786 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2008, 05:24 PM   #20
milk242
Private First Class
 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Irvine

Posts: 132
iTrader: (0)

aren't they going to use a 2.5 turobcharged engine in the TT-RS? I heard the power would be estimated to be in the 350-360hp range.
__________________
14 S4
14 X5 35i (on order)
milk242 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2008, 05:38 PM   #21
hks786
Major General
 
Drives: *
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK

Posts: 5,348
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by milk242 View Post
aren't they going to use a 2.5 turobcharged engine in the TT-RS? I heard the power would be estimated to be in the 350-360hp range.
That's the most likely case. That's why the Clubsport TT had a wider body, to fit this engine.
__________________
hks786 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2008, 06:28 PM   #22
Year's_End
RWD only.
 
Year's_End's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Pete, FL

Posts: 12,198
iTrader: (0)

I would love to voice my full opinion hks but I'm on a euro trip haha. You've posted up a lot of stuff. I've got to play catch up lol.
__________________
E92 335i: Space Grey|Coral Red|Aluminum Trim

Future Ride: 2015 Mustang GT Premium |Guard|401A|PP|Recaros|6MT
Year's_End is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:56 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST