BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

E92-lighting

06-11-2008, 12:33 PM   #89
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2006 330xi Titanium Silver

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
This was a pretty good post by Amy46:
How can you possibly expect to be taken seriously when you post crap like this.
330xi/TiAg/Black/Alum/6sp/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/CA/CW/PDC/Sirius Satellite Radio/OEM Spoiler/Blacklines/19" Axis Hiro Hyper Silver/Toyo Proxes 4 Ultra High Performance all season F 235/35/19 R 265/30/19/10mm spacers F/15mm spacers R/M3 front bumber/M-tech rear bumper
      06-11-2008, 12:53 PM   #90
scottwww
Brigadier General

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKsBimmer View Post
How can you possibly expect to be taken seriously when you post crap like this.
The first part of it was funny (paranoid-like), and the second part raises a reasonable question about what kind of security clearance would Barack Obama even be able to get if he were applying for a job rather than trying to get elected president.

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
scottwww is offline   United_States
      06-11-2008, 01:11 PM   #91
Papa13
Go Gators!

Drives: e82 / e90 / e53 / e46

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
They are all liars.

What's new this time around?

That's right, nothing.

If Obama wins because of the word "change" it just shows how gullible the US is.

I won't be voting for him.
n54 135i JB/CR JB4 FBO - tc kline coilovers - 1/4 mile and dyno PENDING
Papa13 is offline   United_States
      06-11-2008, 01:24 PM   #92
scottwww
Brigadier General

Here's some equal time from the LA Times:

The secret friendship of Hillary Clinton and John McCain
Quote:
According to several sources, including The Atlantic's respected Marc Ambinder, McCain came within a breath of publicly promising last year that his would be a one-term presidency. Aides convinced him it was an unnecessary chip to discard then.

Meanwhile, Clinton appears to be delivering early on her commitment to help Obama, steering her financial supporters to assist him in recent days, though some demur.

She's promised "to do all that I can" to help ensure his election, which sounds good but is practically hard to define. There will be some grand unity event soon. And at the Denver convention. But we'll see about the fall come fall.

The fact is, many of her 18 million supporters may not go for Obama. Wouldn't it be an amazing end scenario to an amazing political season if the working class supporters, especially women, of the Clinton so many Republicans love to hate help elect the GOP senator from Arizona that so many Republicans have their own doubts about?

Such a Republican win, even a narrow one, as unlikely as it seems right now, would erase the present presidential hopes of the usurper Obama and could clear the way in the Democratic party for 2012 for another try by that same Clinton, who'll only be 64 then.

06-11-2008, 01:51 PM   #93
JOSG328I
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2007 328I Sedan

Garage List
2007 328I  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
Big f'n deal -- I'd rather pay extra 5% in taxes and know my kids have a chance, then blow through those 5% and watch another 4/8 years of mad spending and wasting...and building other countries while ours is falling apart...
JOSG328I is offline   United_States
      06-11-2008, 01:56 PM   #94
ganeil
Colonel

Drives: 328i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSG328I View Post
Nothing is stopping you from writing a check to the US Treasury.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
ganeil is offline   United_States
      06-11-2008, 02:27 PM   #95
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
I guess you would rather pay at the pump. Or better yet just write your check directly to Dick Cheney c/o Haliburton. That's where it will end up anyway.
330xi/TiAg/Black/Alum/6sp/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/CA/CW/PDC/Sirius Satellite Radio/OEM Spoiler/Blacklines/19" Axis Hiro Hyper Silver/Toyo Proxes 4 Ultra High Performance all season F 235/35/19 R 265/30/19/10mm spacers F/15mm spacers R/M3 front bumber/M-tech rear bumper
      06-11-2008, 02:28 PM   #96
scottwww
Brigadier General

LA Times:
First, Obama gets the $. Then the nomination. Now, Scarlett Johansson

06-11-2008, 02:45 PM   #97
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
I'm enjoying the show scotty but your credibility is hovering right around zero and falling fast with each of your posts lately.
      06-11-2008, 02:46 PM   #98
ganeil
Colonel

Quote:
I guess you would rather pay at the pump. Or better yet just write your check directly to Dick Cheney c/o Haliburton. That's where it will end up anyway.
If you are asking whether I would rather pay my money to the people who did the actual work to get the gasoline to the pump so I could use it, the answer is yes.

Your Cheney/Haliburton comment is just ignorant and not worthy of you.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
      06-11-2008, 03:12 PM   #99
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
I'm enjoying the show scotty but your credibility is hovering right around zero and falling fast with each of your posts lately.
People don't pay much heed to the serious topics. After all, in the Panama John thread, I recently provided good support from the U.S. Supreme Court that John McCain is not a natural born Citizen, but nobody even made a comment about it. It is a huge issue about the basic requirements of the U.S. Constitution that gives us pre-requisites for who can be the president. There are few requirements. McCain doesn't meet one of those basic requirements.

Maybe just having fun in politics is the better approach. Probably better than shouting about something that people will not listen to. [Although, I will likely keep shouting the truth on serious issues as well.]

06-11-2008, 03:18 PM   #100
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
If you are asking whether I would rather pay my money to the people who did the actual work to get the gasoline to the pump so I could use it, the answer is yes.
I was more wondering what happened to the sub $30 per barrell oil and the subsequent lower gas prices we were promised for our "efforts" in Iraq. It was supposed to be one of the "bennefits" of this misguided war. Perhaps you don't remember, it was such a long time ago, and the reasons for going to war have changed alot since then.

Quote:
Your Cheney/Haliburton comment is just ignorant and not worthy of you.
Why is it ignorant to point out that Halliburton, Cheney's former company, overcharged the government by as much as sixty-one million dollars in the course of buying and transporting fuel from Kuwait into Iraq. The Last I checked Cheney is still receiving differed compensation from Halliburton.

I guess that's okay with you.
      06-11-2008, 03:28 PM   #101
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
I was more wondering what happened to the sub $30 per barrell oil and the subsequent lower gas prices we were promised for our "efforts" in Iraq. It was supposed to be one of the "bennefits" of this misguided war. Perhaps you don't remember, it was such a long time ago, and the reasons for going to war have changed alot since then.
Who said the war was about oil? I though it was the Democrats. From the beginning, I and every Republican I can recall hearing said it wasn't about oil. The purpose was not to lower/maintain the price of oil. That was supposed to happen with drilling ANWR.

The Democrats stopped the drilling of ANWR and were the only ones talking about oil in regard to Iraq. Ask your own buddies about it.

06-11-2008, 03:35 PM   #102
ganeil
Colonel

Quote:
Care to point out who made such a claim and when?

What reason for the war is operative now that was not before the war?

Quote:
Why is it ignorant to point out that Halliburton, Cheney's former company, overcharged the government by as much as sixty-one million dollars in the course of buying and transporting fuel from Kuwait into Iraq. The Last I checked Cheney is still receiving differed compensation from Halliburton.

I guess that's okay with you.
If you actually took the time to look into the overcharge incident you would find that it was Halliburton who brought the overcharges to the attention of the government, they actually made no money on the overcharges since they resulted from their being overcharged by a Kuwaiti subcontractor, and they lost money because of the incident because they paid the gov't back but were unable to recover it from their subcontractor.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
      06-11-2008, 04:40 PM   #103
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Care to point out who made such a claim and when?
"The greatest thing to come out of this war for the world economy...would be $20 a barrel for oil. That's bigger than any tax cut in any country."

Rupert Murdoch Feb 2003

Quote:
What reason for the war is operative now that was not before the war?
I reject your question as it's designed to illicit a certain response.

But please do let me know when those WMD finally turn up. I'm sure a lot of people will be interested to know about it.

Quote:
If you actually took the time to look into the overcharge incident you would find that it was Halliburton who brought the overcharges to the attention of the government, they actually made no money on the overcharges since they resulted from their being overcharged by a Kuwaiti subcontractor, and they lost money because of the incident because they paid the gov't back but were unable to recover it from their subcontractor.
So you would have us believe that Halliburton's priviledged contractor status in the Iraq war has been very uprofitable for them and for the VP????
      06-11-2008, 05:09 PM   #104
JOSG328I
First Lieutenant

Garage List
2007 328I  [0.00]
Quote:
Trust me I pay my just desserts for something I do not support. Now if my taxes were doing a better job at funding education and helping support our youth and guiding them for our future I would gladly pay more. Instead our gov't finds ways to make cuts and not support our infrastructure.

Also need I say I would gladly pay more taxes for socialized medicine because there is a reason why so many other countries fair better than us. Why not make our elected officials work at setting up systems to better benefit there people not the corporations that are padding there pockets.

The problem with America is we are a Wal-Mart nation and always want something for nothing. So how does cutting taxes better the economy when you make more money and spend it to have the cycle continue with less and less funding building our infrastructures and more padding pockets of CEO's and government officials.
      06-11-2008, 05:44 PM   #105
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
Trust me I pay my just desserts for something I do not support. Now if my taxes were doing a better job at funding education and helping support our youth and guiding them for our future I would gladly pay more. Instead our gov't finds ways to make cuts and not support our infrastructure.

Also need I say I would gladly pay more taxes for socialized medicine because there is a reason why so many other countries fair better than us. Why not make our elected officials work at setting up systems to better benefit there people not the corporations that are padding there pockets.

The problem with America is we are a Wal-Mart nation and always want something for nothing. So how does cutting taxes better the economy when you make more money and spend it to have the cycle continue with less and less funding building our infrastructures and more padding pockets of CEO's and government officials.
Have you written a donation check directly to your local public school district? They would probably accept it. Have you written a donation check to other school districts that concern you so? They would probably take it. Donate enough and maybe they will name an elementary school after you. The same goes for the hospitals.

A slower method that will get your money to the schools is to vote in favor of school bonds in your school district. The money for the bonds will come from your property taxes on real estate.

You should be happy!

06-11-2008, 06:06 PM   #106
ganeil
Colonel

Quote:
"The greatest thing to come out of this war for the world economy...would be $20 a barrel for oil. That's bigger than any tax cut in any country."

Rupert Murdoch Feb 2003
Rupert Murdoch? When did he join the administration?

Quote:
I reject your question as it's designed to illicit a certain response.
Yes, a response that shows the ignorance of your previous assertion.

Quote:
So you would have us believe that Halliburton's priviledged contractor status in the Iraq war has been very uprofitable for them and for the VP????
I am not aware that Halliburton enjoys a "priviledged" status as a contractor. I would hope Halliburton has made a profit as they provide invaluable services in theater. I also believe that they are a publically traded corporation so if you are interested in their profits, I am sure you could find out.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
      06-11-2008, 06:22 PM   #107
JOSG328I
First Lieutenant

Garage List
2007 328I  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
Have you written a donation check directly to your local public school district? They would probably accept it. Have you written a donation check to other school districts that concern you so? They would probably take it. Donate enough and maybe they will name an elementary school after you. The same goes for the hospitals.

A slower method that will get your money to the schools is to vote in favor of school bonds in your school district. The money for the bonds will come from your property taxes on real estate.

You should be happy!
Only if I had Real Estate but damn California is tough. As a joke I donate daily every time I use my Target Red card.

I find it funny that is always the counter point - why don't you donate? I myself have not donated directly to a school district but I have donated to my local Firefighters, Police and my wife donated to the Idol gives back deal and I have provided food and clothing for a local shelter as well as numerous donations to Good Will. But that really is not the point.

I would like to think that our Government is accountable for something but what it seems our Government Republican or Democratic only cares for the corporations and spending on the military industrial complex and not education & health. You look at other countries and they are so far ahead of the curve on both healthcare/education and we manage to flounder. Our freedom binds and our arrogance holds us back from using these successful systems and instituting them in away that benefits us.

Instead we focus on war, and oil and spreading democracy. We need to take a time out on the world and focus on us and our infrastructure is all I am saying. If it takes some taxes I am on board to rebuild the dollar and the tarnished face of America. I honestly feel Republican & Democrats are both equally at fault for this mess and our electoral system is a waste anyways because we only have the opportunity every time to vote for the lesser of two evils.

I still have not decided on my vote yet to be honest but I think both candidates are the same BS that we get every election.
      06-11-2008, 06:40 PM   #108
ganeil
Colonel

Quote:
I honestly feel Republican & Democrats are both equally at fault for this mess and our electoral system is a waste anyways because we only have the opportunity every time to vote for the lesser of two evils.

I still have not decided on my vote yet to be honest but I think both candidates are the same BS that we get every election.
Do I understand you correctly? You are dissatisfied with how the government performs the tasks it is currently responsible for but you want to give the same people more money and do more tasks??

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
      06-11-2008, 07:22 PM   #109
Solonng
Captain

Drives: Monacco Blue 335i coupe

stop robbing people of their money..damn liberals!
      06-11-2008, 09:56 PM   #110
JOSG328I
First Lieutenant

Garage List
2007 328I  [0.00]
Quote:
Do I understand you correctly? You are dissatisfied with how the government performs the tasks it is currently responsible for but you want to give the same people more money and do more tasks??
I guess if you read it that way,that is not my intention. I am saying that I am dissatisfied with our governments performance in the tasks they are responsible for, or should I say the tasks I feel they are responsible for like Education, Healthcare. But how are you getting that I am looking to give more money to do more tasks? Are these not tasks they should already be focusing on? Key word in my statement is "if" it takses more money.

I am willing to give money for a return on a better healthcare system and more stable funding for our education system and more available resources for education in inner cities that lack funding our children are our future are they not? If it is possible off of our current taxing than great but if I lose 5 dollars on a paycheck to see these things help revamp our falling infrastructure I will gladly join in for your future, my future and our kids future.

I feel our elected officials can do this job if we washed this party line BS and worked together but until then I will say that I am very dissastified in there performance as a government and looking out for there fellow countrymen.

I guess I would like to say I have hope which seems like there is definitely a lack of in our country right now.