BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion
 
GTB Performance
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-07-2008, 10:25 PM   #1
PLAYON
Major
PLAYON's Avatar
United_States
46
Rep
1,414
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 550i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: East Coast

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW 550i  [0.00]
2003 Audi A4  [0.00]
Barack and Roll ---> "Change We Can Believe In"

Perhaps the best words ever spoken by Barack Obama:

"Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."




Last edited by PLAYON; 06-08-2008 at 09:11 PM.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2008, 11:14 PM   #2
ybbiz34
Moderator
ybbiz34's Avatar
181
Rep
4,714
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (1)

"Change" is merely a buzzword used by Obama to sucker thousands of people into giving him their support because it sounds nice and catchy. Smoke and mirrors. He's just like every other politician, full of crap and eager to spew what people want to hear. However, countless people seem to be ignorant of that fact.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2008, 11:15 PM   #3
PLAYON
Major
PLAYON's Avatar
United_States
46
Rep
1,414
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 550i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: East Coast

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW 550i  [0.00]
2003 Audi A4  [0.00]
Just curious. . .How old are you?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2008, 11:38 PM   #4
e90im
Brigadier General
e90im's Avatar
United_States
120
Rep
3,118
Posts

 
Drives: f30
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
"Change" is merely a buzzword used by Obama to sucker thousands of people into giving him their support because it sounds nice and catchy. Smoke and mirrors. He's just like every other politician, full of crap and eager to spew what people want to hear. However, countless people seem to be ignorant of that fact.
Weren't you the one kissing Romney's ass on another thread?

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148055
__________________
'13 f30 328i | P7ACA | S563A | S4DLA | Jet Black |

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2008, 12:31 AM   #5
Solonng
Captain
32
Rep
829
Posts

 
Drives: Monacco Blue 335i coupe
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

whats with the pimple? I love Osama btw..going to vote for him!
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2008, 01:16 AM   #6
Bobby_Light
Major
Bobby_Light's Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
1,353
Posts

 
Drives: E36 M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
"Change" is merely a buzzword used by Obama to sucker thousands of people into giving him their support because it sounds nice and catchy. Smoke and mirrors. He's just like every other politician, full of crap and eager to spew what people want to hear. However, countless people seem to be ignorant of that fact.
+1

Obama is an eloquent speaker. That's it. Ask his supporters what he's done as a politician, and they can name anything because he hasn't done anything. He is not the answer.

Great, short video about Obamas lack of accomplishments


1. Obama
2. McCain
3. None of the Above.

I chose None of the Above. I wish Jesse Ventura and Ron Paul would run on a ticket together.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2008, 01:17 AM   #7
Bobby_Light
Major
Bobby_Light's Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
1,353
Posts

 
Drives: E36 M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solonng View Post
whats with the pimple? I love Osama btw..going to vote for him!
What do you love about him? What's he done to make him the leader of a country?
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2008, 01:24 AM   #8
Negotiator
Lieutenant
Negotiator's Avatar
Ukraine
9
Rep
539
Posts

 
Drives: 07 GTI
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Fairfax, VA

iTrader: (0)

What requirements (be as specific as possible, please) do you consider appropriate for the office?
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2008, 01:28 AM   #9
PLAYON
Major
PLAYON's Avatar
United_States
46
Rep
1,414
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 550i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: East Coast

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW 550i  [0.00]
2003 Audi A4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_Light View Post
+1

Obama is an eloquent speaker. That's it. Ask his supporters what he's done as a politician, and they can name anything because he hasn't done anything. He is not the answer.

I chose None of the Above. I wish Jesse Ventura and Ron Paul would run on a ticket together.

You're contradicting yourself. . .You harp on Obama's inexperience and yet you support a Jesse Ventura/Ron Paul ticket. Excuse me for a moment. . .HAHAHAHAHA . . . (What is going through your head by the way? What have they done to prove themselves?) Now back to my point:

It is no secret that Obama is a relative "newcomer", (if you can go so far as to say that ) to the political game but America is in need of a comprehensive reworking when it comes to politics and the presidency (you clearly do not doubt this) and that is precisely what Barack Obama offers. Just accept the fact that he is going to be our president and support him. This one is a wrap.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2008, 02:23 AM   #10
Bobby_Light
Major
Bobby_Light's Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
1,353
Posts

 
Drives: E36 M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLAYON View Post
You're contradicting yourself. . .You harp on Obama's inexperience and yet you support a Jesse Ventura/Ron Paul ticket. Excuse me for a moment. . .HAHAHAHAHA . . . (What is going through your head by the way? What have they done to prove themselves?) Now back to my point:

It is no secret that Obama is a relative "newcomer", (if you can go so far as to say that ) to the political game but America is in need of a comprehensive reworking when it comes to politics and the presidency (you clearly do not doubt this) and that is precisely what Barack Obama offers. Just accept the fact that he is going to be our president and support him. This one is a wrap.
Jesse Ventura has experience running a state as a governor. Ron Paul has been a Congressmen since the 70s and ran for president in 1988. Obama hasn't run anything and he hasn't done anything. Both Ventura and Paul have a backbone (they stick to their beliefs and principles) and don't flip flop like most politician including Obama.

Obama isn't going to rework or change anything. He is for more government spending and an increase in taxes. Not the solution. This presidential race is anything but a wrap. The democrats are a divided party. If he choses Hillary as his running mate, Americans will have a hard time voting for a woman and an African American on the same ticket.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2008, 02:29 AM   #11
ptan55
Private First Class
Canada
1
Rep
105
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 BMW F10 535i M Package
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 535i  [0.00]
Having Hitler run America is also change...
Not all change is good...

Under Obama, almost all of us here can expect a tax increase.
Watch closely how he defines middle class when refers to his tax policies...
Most people who are here dont qualify as middle class.

-- A Democrat voting for McCain. --
__________________
2011 BMW F10 535i w/M-pkg Jet Black 6-speed manual transmission.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2008, 03:06 AM   #12
PLAYON
Major
PLAYON's Avatar
United_States
46
Rep
1,414
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 550i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: East Coast

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW 550i  [0.00]
2003 Audi A4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptan55 View Post
-- A Democrat voting for McCain. --
I'm sorry you feel the way you do. . .that really is a shame. . .
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2008, 07:24 AM   #13
dr335is
Brigadier General
54
Rep
4,974
Posts

 
Drives: Some Mazda junk...
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptan55 View Post
Having Hitler run America is also change...
Not all change is good...

Under Obama, almost all of us here can expect a tax increase.
Watch closely how he defines middle class when refers to his tax policies...
Most people who are here dont qualify as middle class.

-- A Democrat voting for McCain. --
Big f'n deal -- I'd rather pay extra 5% in taxes and know my kids have a chance, then blow through those 5% and watch another 4/8 years of mad spending and wasting...and building other countries while ours is falling apart...
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2008, 09:45 AM   #14
ybbiz34
Moderator
ybbiz34's Avatar
181
Rep
4,714
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90im View Post
Weren't you the one kissing Romney's ass on another thread?

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148055
I wasn't kissing his ass, I just cited one of his actual accomplishments, rather than just saying while Romney was the Governor, he "changed" things.

What does that thread have to do with anything anyway?

When it comes to the economy, I'm all for capitalism. I guess you could say I'm economically conservative. Not a fan of Obama/Clinton and their socialist tendencies.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2008, 09:59 AM   #15
scottwww
Brigadier General
scottwww's Avatar
United_States
166
Rep
4,759
Posts

 
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_Light View Post
+1

Obama is an eloquent speaker. That's it. Ask his supporters what he's done as a politician, and they can name anything because he hasn't done anything. He is not the answer.

Great, short video about Obamas lack of accomplishments


1. Obama
2. McCain
3. None of the Above.

I chose None of the Above. I wish Jesse Ventura and Ron Paul would run on a ticket together.
That's a great clip. The voice of the questioner sounded like Chris Matthews. He's a big Obama fan, so it's hard to believe he would even ask such a question.

Obama has no accomplishments. What do the Obama supporters have to say about that? So far, none have cited an accomplishment... at least not in this thread. So, what is it? Do all of you accept a blank slate? Well, I think he is worse than a blank slate. He has no accomplishments, but we can know him by his words, and the friends he keeps.
__________________
2007 BMW 335i E92, Montego Blue on Cream Beige, MT, ZSP, ZPP, CA, PDC, CWP and Style 188 for winter

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2008, 10:21 AM   #16
TMNT
Captain
41
Rep
875
Posts

 
Drives: 330ci ZHP
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negotiator View Post
What requirements (be as specific as possible, please) do you consider appropriate for the office?
To be a great president you must be a great manager.

You must...

1. Have great judgement
2. Be a great communicator
3. Surround yourself around the right people (staff)
4. Be able to inspire and motivate people to take action
5. Be able to understand the real root cause of a problem

And most importantly...

6. Have the ability to hold two opposed ideas at the same time and still retain the ability to function.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2008, 11:02 AM   #17
PLAYON
Major
PLAYON's Avatar
United_States
46
Rep
1,414
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 550i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: East Coast

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW 550i  [0.00]
2003 Audi A4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_Light View Post
If he choses Hillary as his running mate, Americans will have a hard time voting for a woman and an African American on the same ticket.
And Americans are going to have an incredibly hard time voting for McCain. . .he offers no break from the Bust administration. In addition saying it will be hard for people to vote for an African American/Female VP ticket is ignorant. Please explain to me (with detail) why this is harder then choosing a candidate that offers no new ideas and continues to support a war that has been an epic failure. If you're going to say its because he's "black" then you are not in tune with the way American is going. This has been an historic election thus far, and the momentum he has gained does not appear to be slowing (regardless if he is black or chooses a female VP) I hope you can step away from your biases and see the candidates for what they are.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2008, 11:35 AM   #18
WaZZZZman
WaZZZZman
WaZZZZman's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
21
Posts

 
Drives: 2004 Z4
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Near OZ

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Skype™ to WaZZZZman
Senator Obama seems like a nice young man. He obviously has not done anything of major consequences in his personal life or we would have known about it by now considering the Clinton machine. He is an eloquent speaker and maybe he will inspire others to do good works and maybe bring some respect for our country from others around the world.

However there are some major problems ahead for him. I talk to many folks around the country and I can assure you that in most of the red states, except for many of the black population he is not only not liked, he is hated. I would hope in this day and age that it is not because of race, but I am afraid it is.

He is a one term Senator with little active leadership. He has stood in the corner many times saying “me too, me too”, but that is all I can think of at this time. I can not think of any major program or Bill that he is the driving force behind. He has stood by others but I can not think of anything that stands out. Maybe someone here can tell me about the Obama/?????? bill that is a major piece of legislation. I am sincerely asking this question not as a smart ass but as a question for me and my decision.

In my life, I have had the privilege to hire many bright young people into management positions. Many have had educational levels on par with Senator Obama and his opponent. Neither in my estimation, would I want as the CEO of a major corporation, yet we are about to trust one with the future of our country and our futures.

My sincere hope is that if Senator Obama does become President of the US that we respect him and the office. I would hope that we as citizens can give him as OUR elected leader a chance to at least put his programs in place. I would hope that he will find the very best people to advise him and that he will listen to their advise. I would hope they will be people from both sides of the isle not just old stogy Demarcates who’s time has passed. I would hope that for the last time in my life, that I will never again hear a young black boy say to me, I do not have to study, I may as well play basketball because white people will not give me a chance. I hope I will never again have some black person tell me that white people must give them something because of slavery. I hope we will finally be forgiven for that so long ago.
__________________
The Wizard " Nobody gets in to see the Wizard, not nobody!
2004 BMW Z4 2.5i Titanium Silver http://www.w3oz.com/my2004z4.htm
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2008, 11:43 AM   #19
Bobby_Light
Major
Bobby_Light's Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
1,353
Posts

 
Drives: E36 M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLAYON View Post
And Americans are going to have an incredibly hard time voting for McCain. . .he offers no break from the Bust administration. In addition saying it will be hard for people to vote for an African American/Female VP ticket is ignorant. Please explain to me (with detail) why this is harder then choosing a candidate that offers no new ideas and continues to support a war that has been an epic failure. If you're going to say its because he's "black" then you are not in tune with the way American is going. This has been an historic election thus far, and the momentum he has gained does not appear to be slowing (regardless if he is black or chooses a female VP) I hope you can step away from your biases and see the candidates for what they are.
I don't like McCain either. I am not pro war. Get us out now. He is a long-time politician that will do little as far as change, but he does have experience and has done something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_Light View Post
1. Obama
2. McCain
3. None of the Above.

I chose None of the Above.
Unfortunately, many American are not as open minded as you think they are. Some males will have a hard time voting for a women to take a leadership position of one of the most powerful countries in the world. If you think racism is dead, you are sorely mistaken. It is unfortunate that people will not vote for someone based off skin color, but this will happen. Of course, this will work both ways as some people will overlook their policies and vote for them based solely off their color or gender.

Obama's momentum was slowing. He was trading wins with Clinton in the democratic primaries, and the victories certainly weren't by a landslide.

http://news.aol.com/elections/primary/main/democrats

He ended the campaign with a big win in Montana! Next step the White House, right?

Democrats are a divided party. That will hurt in the general elections. I don't like Obama or McCain. I wish we had three more choices. I pray for our country's future.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2008, 12:41 PM   #20
scottwww
Brigadier General
scottwww's Avatar
United_States
166
Rep
4,759
Posts

 
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_Light View Post
I don't like McCain either. I am not pro war. Get us out now. He is a long-time politician that will do little as far as change, but he does have experience and has done something.
I think I am with you on this. I am not pro war. However, I supported - and do support - the war in Iraq and the war in Afghanistan. We went to war under the right circumstances. Unfortunately, we didn't have as much support from some allies as is desirable, but when you are doing the right thing, you do it whether your are alone, or all together. I do not support further escalation of these wars. It would be best if Congress started exercising it's constitutional obligation to declare war, rather than authorizing the use of force.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_Light View Post
Unfortunately, many American are not as open minded as you think they are. Some males will have a hard time voting for a women to take a leadership position of one of the most powerful countries in the world. If you think racism is dead, you are sorely mistaken. It is unfortunate that people will not vote for someone based off skin color, but this will happen. Of course, this will work both ways as some people will overlook their policies and vote for them based solely off their color or gender.

Obama's momentum was slowing. He was trading wins with Clinton in the democratic primaries, and the victories certainly weren't by a landslide.

http://news.aol.com/elections/primary/main/democrats

He ended the campaign with a big win in Montana! Next step the White House, right?

Democrats are a divided party. That will hurt in the general elections. I don't like Obama or McCain. I wish we had three more choices. I pray for our country's future.
There certainly is racism and sexism on BOTH sides. I believe those traits are less in many places than before. I also tend to think they will boil up again (from both sides) if Obama were elected (and perhaps in the run up to the election). I am not racist or sexist, though I wouldn't vote for either Obama or Clinton because their stated positions are anathema. In addition to that, it is likely we will have Democrats in control of both houses of congress. That is a fearful thing. It might even drive me to vote for McCain though he is among the worst of Republicans. At least then, there would be some check to the most liberal party.

In the meantime, I support change - less federal government. The states should make most of their own decisions. The presidency is too big a job for any one man today. Were the federal government much smaller, that job would not be so much larger than that of governor of a populous state.

With states rights in most matters that are not specifically enumerated in the Constitution being returned to the states, we would have fair and free competition between the states. We would learn from the successes and failures of our competitors. As it is, we all fail together.
__________________
2007 BMW 335i E92, Montego Blue on Cream Beige, MT, ZSP, ZPP, CA, PDC, CWP and Style 188 for winter

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2008, 01:33 PM   #21
ptan55
Private First Class
Canada
1
Rep
105
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 BMW F10 535i M Package
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT View Post
To be a great president you must be a great manager.
Didnt George Bush make that claim as well? And look what that got us...

I am not Pro-war, and I was against this war in Iraq.

However, now that we are in there, we need to have a responsible way of exiting without causing even more instability in the Middle East. McCain's plan is the most responsible. The Surge (which was also McCains Idea) IS working, and represents the best way of us exiting Iraq. And please dont give me the 100 years policy of McCain, it is the intentional policy of the BO campaign to distort McCains position.

Furthermore, I fear that under an Obama administration, the US will sway to the other extreme and be so dovish as to become cowardly in defending America's interest by resorting to military actions to defend itself.

We know that McCain as a POW, will not take us to war unless it is absolutely necessary.
We cannot say that about Bush/Chenny: People who have never served in the military. (discounting Bush's absentee record)
Nor can we say that about Obama, who not only has not served in the military, but also seems to be appeasing all the unsavory leaders of the world.

A weak America makes an unsafe world.


- A Democrat voting for McCain -
__________________
2011 BMW F10 535i w/M-pkg Jet Black 6-speed manual transmission.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2008, 02:01 PM   #22
dr335is
Brigadier General
54
Rep
4,974
Posts

 
Drives: Some Mazda junk...
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptan55 View Post
Didnt George Bush make that claim as well? And look what that got us...

I am not Pro-war, and I was against this war in Iraq.

However, now that we are in there, we need to have a responsible way of exiting without causing even more instability in the Middle East. McCain's plan is the most responsible. The Surge (which was also McCains Idea) IS working, and represents the best way of us exiting Iraq. And please dont give me the 100 years policy of McCain, it is the intentional policy of the BO campaign to distort McCains position.

Furthermore, I fear that under an Obama administration, the US will sway to the other extreme and be so dovish as to become cowardly in defending America's interest by resorting to military actions to defend itself.

We know that McCain as a POW, will not take us to war unless it is absolutely necessary.
We cannot say that about Bush/Chenny: People who have never served in the military. (discounting Bush's absentee record)
Nor can we say that about Obama, who not only has not served in the military, but also seems to be appeasing all the unsavory leaders of the world.

A weak America makes an unsafe world.


- A Democrat voting for McCain -
1) Why do you have Canadian flag if you're talking about voting inthe USA?
2) The best exit strategy is not a surge as you claim. The best strategy is to get the hell out of the place we were not supposed to be in, and diplomatically help the government take care of it. Surge = more lives lost on all sides...
3) McCain was for the war from the very beginning, he still supports it, and what is there to tell us that he would not take us to the war with Iran or any other unjust war???
4) It is so clear to me (and many others) that Obama is a diplomat and that he would definitely try to resolve world issues that way before any action, including economic embargos that only hurt the regular masses in the country, and so on. I am also hoping that he would look at the Middle East situation the realistic way (Carter), not the way others have looked for decades...
5) You sound like one of those (white trash) "Democrats" that could not accept the fact that either a woman or a black person would be sitting in the WH...
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:10 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST