BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

ESS Tuning
View Poll Results: Is PCD worth the extra wait or Just get an earlier Dealership delivery
a. By All Means Take the Late Performance Center Delivery, Worth it 31 62.00%
b. No, Take an Earlier Delivery Date at Your Dealership 11 22.00%
c. Doesnt matter which one, its an M3 you'll love driving it 8 16.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

06-03-2008, 02:56 PM   #1
ase2dais
//Mdicted

Drives: a Cop Magnet

Garage List
Is PCD worth it or should I just take earlier delivery at the dealership

I just now received a PCD notification of my e92 M3 at the port of exit in Germany. But the date is kinda disappointing that I have to wait much longer if I decide to still have it PCD.

Is PCD really worth it? Can anyone taken PCD delivery pls chime in, or anyone that bypass PCD and later regret it chime it ASAP.

I need to make a decision before the car gets boarded on a vessel.

///quote
Thank you for submitting your recent Performance Center Delivery reservation for Mr. ase2dais. Based upon the production number of your customer's vehicle, the only available date for Performance Center Delivery is 7/14/2008. They would arrive the evening before.

***Due to the overwhelming demand for Performance Center Deliveries, we are completely booked and this is the only available date that we can offer. If your customer cannot attend on this date, please complete a Cancellation Form which can be found on BMW CenterNet.

//unquote
ase2dais is offline   United_States
      06-03-2008, 03:45 PM   #2
Patricius
Lieutenant

Drives: 04 325xi, 05 M3 cpe, 08 M3 cpe

I will be posting a comprehensive thread on my PCD from last Thursday in the coming week. If you have any specific questions, send me a PM and we'll chat. Anyone who DOESN'T choose to take PCD is missing out on something real special.
Patricius is offline   United_States
      06-03-2008, 06:00 PM   #3
KINGLEH
Major

Drives: 00 GTR - 09 E92 M

i voted dont take it...

ive been to the facility in SC... its is very cool...

but ide rather have the car earlier.... but im on the track alot.. so its a lil dif situation... maby
      06-03-2008, 06:46 PM   #4
man02195
Lieutenant

Drives: e90 M3 M-DCT, SG-status 111

What's the difference in days between taking delivery at dealer and doing the VPC? back in 2004, with my e46, it was 14 days after the boat docked in Charleston. My PCD for my e90 M3 looks like it's 10 days or so after the boat will dock in Charleston (car at status 151, so I'm guessing on enroute and boat schedules).

It's worth and incremental 1-2 weeks of waiting.
E90 M3 Sedan | M-DCT | SG | Black Leather | Carbon Leather Trim | Premium | Technology | Enhanced Sound | 19's | Moonroof | Fold Down | Heated | iPod | Parkdist | Sunshade |Week 22 | Just unloaded from Emden | Performance Center Delivery July 17th (Great Experience!)
      06-03-2008, 07:29 PM   #5
zkM3
Enlisted Member

Drives: E92 M3 6MTAW (05/20)

Have the same problem two weeks ago, My car is also at the port in Germany awaiting for a ship, I'm guessing it will be stateside in two to 3 weeks, Earliest sched PCD, is July 11...another 2-3 wks wait, I think it's worth it...
      06-04-2008, 05:11 AM   #6
ase2dais
//Mdicted

Garage List
+1 same!

and I guess Im wondering how much track time will be offered during the delivery and if their is any structured classes given prior. cant wait to see Pats report

Last edited by ase2dais; 06-04-2008 at 05:32 AM.
      06-04-2008, 07:10 AM   #7
Patricius
Lieutenant

Drives: 04 325xi, 05 M3 cpe, 08 M3 cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ase2dais View Post
+1 same!

and I guess Im wondering how much track time will be offered during the delivery and if their is any structured classes given prior. cant wait to see Pats report
I'm hoping to have it up by the weekend. How much time do you have to make your decision? You get about a 20 minute debrief on basic vehicle dynamics, weight transfer, etc. The entire "Track" experience is about 2 hours total. You have about 30 minutes on the autocross area, 20 minutes during the skidpad exercise, and another 20 minutes on the emergency braking exercise. Then X5 off-road experience was also another 20 minutes. You then get to take a "hot lap" or two with the professional drivers in an M5 - which is insane.

We beat the living snot out of their M3, and that helps you contain yourself (slightly) the next 1,200 miles. I picked up the car last Thursday, drove it home Friday, and now have 1000 miles on the car - can't be more delighted aside from when I get it back from break-in maintenance
Patricius is offline   United_States
      06-05-2008, 06:36 PM   #8
ase2dais
//Mdicted

Garage List
I couldnt move the PCD date fwd or back, its a take it or leave it deal... I decided to do it.
Thks to the good folks here, lets hope that food is just as good as the track experience
...so I'll have a great time driving my baby home
      06-05-2008, 08:56 PM   #9
KINGLEH
Major

Drives: 00 GTR - 09 E92 M

another thing for me is i live in Charleston... so if the car gets ported in Chas.. theres no way im letting my baby go up state.. then i go get it and bring it back!!!
      06-16-2008, 10:20 PM   #10
ase2dais
//Mdicted

Garage List
Sierra Nevada dock Thurs the 19th then PCD

On Board Sierra Nevada Highway &
Finally got an email from Performance Center today

Dear Mr. asedais,

We are excited you have chosen to take delivery of your new vehicle at the BMW Performance Center. Your delivery experience will be unlike any other in the automotive industry.

Your Performance Center Delivery for production number "blahblah" is scheduled for 7/14/2008. You will stay the evening prior to your delivery at the Greenville Marriott as our guest.

Please do not make any travel arrangements until three weeks prior to your delivery date. Due to production schedules, weather, or other unforeseeable circumstances, your delivery date may need to be changed prior to that three week window. In the unlikely event we are notified of a delay for your vehicle, we will contact you immediately to arrange a new date.

A tour of the BMW Manufacturing facility is part of the delivery program. However, BMW Manufacturing occasionally closes to visitors and tours when sensitive operations are taking place. Should this occur on the day of your delivery, you will still have the opportunity to visit the BMW Zentrum museum and experience a virtual tour of the BMW plant. Once public tours resume, you are welcome to tour the facility as our guest if you re-visit the area.

Please note the following information:

· You and one guest are entitled to participate in the delivery program.

· Participants must present a valid driver’s license (participants 15 to 17 years of age must be accompanied by a legal guardian).

o If you are bringing a child under the age of 12, please note that you or your guest will be required to accompany them in our café and will not be able to participate in any driving activity or the BMW factory tour.

· Dress code is casual and comfortable. Completely enclosed shoes (no high heels, sandals, or clogs) are required for the factory tour.

· We provide hotel accommodations for the night prior to your delivery date at the Greenville Marriott (including meals for dinner and breakfast).

o Although all gratuities are given at your discretion, it is customary to tip your bellmen and drivers for services received from the hotel. The BMW Performance Center staff does not accept tips.

· Childcare services are not available through us or the hotel.

· If you do not plan to arrive the night prior to your delivery, please refer to the Helpful Reminders sheet for directions to our facility. We start promptly at 8am, so be sure to arrive before then.

· Your day will conclude around 3 p.m.

· Although laws vary from state-to-state, South Carolina requires all vehicles driven in-state to be registered and insured. Therefore we highly recommend that you bring the bill-of-sale as well as proof of insurance for your new vehicle.

· A helpful reminders sheet is attached which gives you instructions on how to contact the Marriott for transportation to the hotel once you arrive at the GSP airport. It also provides you with the most common driving directions that may be needed.

· Please submit the attached Travel form three weeks prior to your delivery date. We will make all necessary hotel arrangements for you.

We hope your trip here will be a highlight in your automotive experiences and we look forward to meeting you soon. If you have any questions regarding your delivery, please contact us at (864) 968-3000. To visit us on BMWUSA.com click here.

Please view the attached documents:

- Helpful Reminders Sheet

- Travel Form (to be completed three weeks prior to your delivery date)

- South Carolina Use Tax Information

Floor Mats

Please note that the following vehicles do not come equipped with floor mats from the factory: X3, X5, Z4, 1 & 3 series vehicles.

- If you would like floor mats to be in your vehicle at delivery, please contact your BMW Client Advisor from whom you ordered it. They can submit an order for floor mats and other accessories through our parts department no later than 2 weeks prior to your scheduled delivery date.

Cancellations

If you need to cancel your Performance Center Delivery, notify the BMW Center from whom you ordered the vehicle immediately. They will have to submit a cancellation form for your vehicle. Please note the following two situations:

- If the vehicle has already been shipped to the BMW Performance Center, you are responsible for any shipping charges that apply to transport the vehicle back to your selling BMW Center. Vehicles are normally delivered to our facility approximately 2 weeks prior to your delivery date.

- If the vehicle has not been shipped to the BMW Performance Center, the vehicle will simply be re-routed to be transported to your selling BMW Center at no additional cost.

* posting all PCD information I gather for future M3 owners doing the same delivery
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Customer%20Tax%20Letter%20%28email%20attachment%29[1].pdf (72.6 KB, 145 views)
File Type: pdf Delivery%20Day%20Itinerary[1].pdf (49.1 KB, 189 views)
File Type: pdf Visitor%20Information[1].pdf (344.0 KB, 158 views)

Last edited by ase2dais; 06-27-2008 at 09:02 PM.
      06-27-2008, 07:26 PM   #11
ase2dais
//Mdicted

Garage List
Got My Welcome Kit from Willie Hammons PCD Delivery and Product Advisor Today

2 Weeks and Counting ! then I CRY NO MORE

Attached Images

06-27-2008, 07:36 PM   #12
Socale92
DCT Test Pilot

Drives: ????

wow i didnt get a welcome kit - stay away from michael kellison @ center bmw...

willie is who i met with when i got my car - she's nice but was pretty careless with my car when showing me it i.e. tapped the nav glass w/her fingernails...
      06-27-2008, 08:07 PM   #13
ase2dais
//Mdicted

Garage List
well I'll make sure that she cuts her fingernails before she touch my car, thks for the headsup

anyway, you didnt missed much after reviewing everything its basic'ly the same video you'll see at the BMW site, but the personal card with her card is useful for POC
http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte.../Delivery.aspx

whats funny was I read wrong the CD packet, thinking it had a Driving School Gift certificate. I peek and peek and search inside, Nada! Zilch! Wala! NULL! Zero! certificate. I reread the cover again and it miss the words "give the gift of confident driving with a...." BMW Performance Driving School Gift Certificate"

Ghee! you took PCD and you're from SoCal. Wow!

Last edited by ase2dais; 06-27-2008 at 08:47 PM.
      06-27-2008, 08:11 PM   #14
seb
Private

Drives: E92 M3 M-DCT - Lotus Esprit

I just came back from it last week. IF YOU CAN DO IT, ITS WELL WORTH IT!!!!! I was doubting it, but came out loving every minute of it!!! What an amazing way to pick up up such a sublime car.
seb is offline   United_States
      06-27-2008, 08:41 PM   #15
ase2dais
//Mdicted

Garage List
yeah! I can see it by the photos posted by man02195 from NC, who owns a e90 M3

http://www.bmwtransact.com/microsite...ter/index.html

Attached Images

Last edited by ase2dais; 06-28-2008 at 05:59 AM.
      06-28-2008, 01:44 AM   #16
Socale92
DCT Test Pilot

Quote:
yeah! I can see it by the photos posted by man02195 from NC, who owns a e90 M3

oh another tip is when you go out to get into your track car, there is kind of a jockeying of people who ordered the same car - one other guy had an m3 and he was trying to get into the black one (since that was the color i ordered) but I cut in front of him so he wound up w/interlagos - anyway it may not bother you but just another friendly heads up also, the factory is loud, hot, stuffy, and imo kinda boring but everything else is great - any other questions feel free to hit me up I had a blast, here are pics from my pcd:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147949
      06-28-2008, 05:36 AM   #17
ase2dais
//Mdicted

Garage List
thks for sharing the photos SoCal, looks like a mini-vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGLEH View Post
another thing for me is i live in Charleston... so if the car gets ported in Chas.. theres no way im letting my baby go up state.. then i go get it and bring it back!!!
Looking at the BMW site photos, I love to overnight at Charleston, but not quite sure how far off track my trip would be going up North.

I like to do want SoCal did, make it like a Summer tour vacation. I thought about Nags Head Outer Banks - Williamburgs detour too. I like to make the best of the trip, for after this its back to Campbells Pork and Beans and rice
      06-28-2008, 12:41 PM   #18
Socale92
DCT Test Pilot

Quote:
thks for sharing the photos SoCal, looks like a mini-vacation

Looking at the BMW site photos, I love to overnight at Charleston, but not quite sure how far off track my trip would be going up North.

I like to do want SoCal did, make it like a Summer tour vacation. I thought about Nags Head Outer Banks - Williamburgs detour too. I like to make the best of the trip, for after this its back to Campbells Pork and Beans and rice
i actually flew back to cali...
      06-28-2008, 10:28 PM   #19
Ian335i
BMW Lover

Drives: E53 X5, E93 M3

Send a message via AIM to Ian335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by man02195 View Post

It's worth and incremental 1-2 weeks of waiting.
+1
'03 E46 325i TiAg/Grey - retired 1/08
Ian335i is offline   United_States
      06-29-2008, 03:19 AM   #20
mdrobc13
Major

Drives: '12 BMW 550i

Garage List
2012 BMW 550i  [5.00]
Send a message via MSN to mdrobc13 Send a message via Yahoo to mdrobc13
I am set for my PCD on 11 July 08; so i'll let you know also how it goes. Yeah like you said it delayed my car about 2-3 weeks but to me that's not that long when you consider how long I plan to keep the car (at least 5-8 yrs) and also that its a personalized experience that is basically for free it you just ask for it.

wife and I plan to fly down day prior and then leisurely drive back the next day likely. Unfortunately I have to work on the 13th evening-time and the following monday otherwise I'd love to get lost with the car. Isn't the Tail of the Dragons around there?
'08 e92 M3 coupe (Sparkling Graphite) -Gone
mdrobc13 is offline   United_States
      06-29-2008, 06:21 AM   #21
ase2dais
//Mdicted

Garage List
OMG you're not only getting your car a few days earlier than me, but luck out to get a Friday delivery.... thats one of the most sought after days. I tired to change mine, but if I do it would be a much later days of August. I dont expect to prolong the agony.

Enjoy your drive back and hope to see you in DC Metro sometime.

Last edited by ase2dais; 06-29-2008 at 09:38 AM.
      06-29-2008, 09:00 AM   #22
man02195
Lieutenant

Drives: e90 M3 M-DCT, SG-status 111

You could drive from PCD to Tail of the Dragon
http://www.tailofthedragon.com/maps_dragon_road.html
Then on to Knoxville and I81
E90 M3 Sedan | M-DCT | SG | Black Leather | Carbon Leather Trim | Premium | Technology | Enhanced Sound | 19's | Moonroof | Fold Down | Heated | iPod | Parkdist | Sunshade |Week 22 | Just unloaded from Emden | Performance Center Delivery July 17th (Great Experience!)