BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....
 
EclipsisNA
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-05-2008, 03:40 PM   #89
Flyingfart
Just as when I found my car, they changed it.
 
Drives: e90-330i
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Where the Sun dont shine

Posts: 408
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck View Post
Thankfully I have a dedicated track car so I don't have to take my C63 on the track... although I plan to take it out for a few laps to play.

:
We are glad to hear that too Hans and acknowledging the fact that the c63 is not a track car. We understand the AMG cars short-comings, no excuses have to be made if you made a boo-boo

Is all good
__________________
2006 e90 Sparkling Graphite 330i Steptronic Heated Seats Xenons Logic 7 250 HP Machines - Pure Joy!
Flyingfart is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-05-2008, 03:49 PM   #90
ybbiz34
Moderator
 
ybbiz34's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 4,090
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingfart View Post
We are glad to hear that too Hans and acknowledging the fact that the c63 is not a track car. We understand the AMG cars short-comings, no excuses have to be made if you made a boo-boo

Is all good
And again.
ybbiz34 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-05-2008, 04:30 PM   #91
ruff
Conspicuous consumption
 
ruff's Avatar
 
Drives: 987 S .2, Lemond Zurich
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The mountains of Utah

Posts: 1,184
iTrader: (0)

Hans,

Beautiful car and talk about a monster for a motor. Nice choice. No worries about the stereotypical responses from those blinded by flying propellers. I would like to hear more details about your decision to switch from the E90 M3. What did your dealership say when you informed them of the bad news? What has your mileage been so far? Any buyers remorse or regrets? What will likely be your next car purchase? Keep posting frequently on this forum. Your insight is needed here.
ruff is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-05-2008, 05:06 PM   #92
Hans Delbruck
BMW & MB - friends in my garage
 
Hans Delbruck's Avatar
 
Drives: C63, 135i, 1959 BUICK
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Posts: 1,285
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruff View Post
Hans,

Beautiful car and talk about a monster for a motor. Nice choice. No worries about the stereotypical responses from those blinded by flying propellers. I would like to hear more details about your decision to switch from the E90 M3. What did your dealership say when you informed them of the bad news? What has your mileage been so far? Any buyers remorse or regrets? What will likely be your next car purchase? Keep posting frequently on this forum. Your insight is needed here.
Thanks ruff! I plan to hang around (sorry FlyingFart!) since this board, as others have said, is more active and there seem to be more car nuts here. I took a look at the C63 as I got tired of waiting for the M-DKG M3 Sedan. I also felt that if I was going to stick with the M3, I'd best wait for an '09 since there will be some changes to the E90's. So... in the end, I didn't want to wait any more. It wasn't about being impatient or frustrated or angry anymore.... I was just ready to move on, ready to buy. I wasn't excited about the M3 anymore and seeing lots of people on M3post take delivery kind of bummed me out.

I test drove the C63 and was blown away by the engine. The forward thrust is amazing. I was mildly disappointed in the steering. There was more boost at parking lot speeds than I am used to (I drive my Evo everyday so that's where my expectations are ) After I thought about it some more, and test drove the M3 at Susan Komen drive, taking it up to redline, my mind was made up. For the way I drive, and for what I want to do with the car, and how I want my "toy" to feel.... the C63 was a better choice. The early feedback on M-DKG didn't help. I really didn't want to be an early adopter (yes naysayers, I know other manufacturers have done it, but this is BMW's first..) The M3's handling is stellar for a car of its size and luxury. As others have said, the feel is very intuitive and I was immediately comfortable with it. I think the C63's power may intimidate some drivers a bit. With the M3, you don't question what will happen when you drop the hammer, because the power builds slowly. The C63 goes warp speed in an instant, and has you hanging onto the steering wheel .... that could intimidate some drivers (not me of course ) and perhaps make them feel that the car is "uncontrollable" .. when in fact, they really just aren't used to having that much thrust at their command. I'm thinking back to my Z06 ownership, and you do get used to the power and learn to expect it. It's not so intimidating then.

I think I got just over 19mpg on the way to work today, which is about 75% freeway speeds. Around town, it's 16ish but that will go down quickly once I start playing a bit more

My CA at New Century BMW was very cool about it. They pulled some strings to get my car built the first week of DKG Sedan production, and now they are apparently excited they will have my car for stock. My CA says they may already have a buyer for it... so that's good. They never cashed my deposit check so there was absolutely no hassle. I called my CA when the check engine light came on on my C63... I knew he'd have a good laugh. He's really cool. My car is now fixed, but it had a bad "cam position sensor", likely from the factory. It wasn't fun having it in the shop for 2 days, but I never thought "damn I should have bought the M3" while it was there.

The weirdest thing in the first week of ownership is... owning my first automatic. I've always driven stick, and if I didn't still have my Evo/S2K and other cars, I would really miss the involvement of shifting. My brain just lights up more and I am more aware of the entire driving process when I am shifting the car myself. The C63's auto is very good though and downshifts quickly with a paddle pull. Upshifts using the paddles take a little longer. In "comfort" mode it starts off in 2nd gear, in "sport" it starts off in 1st. It holds each gear longer depending on how much throttle you're giving it.

The "hardest" driving I've done is going to 4000 rpm with part throttle, and even doing that, I am off the line much faster than any other traffic. I think it's going to be a great car. No, it's not a track car IMO... but a $70K M3 isn't a good track car IMO either. I need something that is low-cost, low-maintenance and that I don't mind breaking and can stomach "bending." Everyone I know who is serious about track doesn't track their street car anymore....

Enough rambling!
__________________
2009 135i 6MT Euro Delivery 9/5/09
BMW Performance Power Kit - Exhaust - Short Shifter
Hans Delbruck is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-05-2008, 05:15 PM   #93
consolidated
Major
 
consolidated's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas

Posts: 1,367
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck View Post
Thanks ruff! I plan to hang around (sorry FlyingFart!) since this board, as others have said, is more active and there seem to be more car nuts here. I took a look at the C63 as I got tired of waiting for the M-DKG M3 Sedan. I also felt that if I was going to stick with the M3, I'd best wait for an '09 since there will be some changes to the E90's. So... in the end, I didn't want to wait any more. It wasn't about being impatient or frustrated or angry anymore.... I was just ready to move on, ready to buy. I wasn't excited about the M3 anymore and seeing lots of people on M3post take delivery kind of bummed me out.

I test drove the C63 and was blown away by the engine. The forward thrust is amazing. I was mildly disappointed in the steering. There was more boost at parking lot speeds than I am used to (I drive my Evo everyday so that's where my expectations are ) After I thought about it some more, and test drove the M3 at Susan Komen drive, taking it up to redline, my mind was made up. For the way I drive, and for what I want to do with the car, and how I want my "toy" to feel.... the C63 was a better choice. The early feedback on M-DKG didn't help. I really didn't want to be an early adopter (yes naysayers, I know other manufacturers have done it, but this is BMW's first..) The M3's handling is stellar for a car of its size and luxury. As others have said, the feel is very intuitive and I was immediately comfortable with it. I think the C63's power may intimidate some drivers a bit. With the M3, you don't question what will happen when you drop the hammer, because the power builds slowly. The C63 goes warp speed in an instant, and has you hanging onto the steering wheel .... that could intimidate some drivers (not me of course ) and perhaps make them feel that the car is "uncontrollable" .. when in fact, they really just aren't used to having that much thrust at their command. I'm thinking back to my Z06 ownership, and you do get used to the power and learn to expect it. It's not so intimidating then.

I think I got just over 19mpg on the way to work today, which is about 75% freeway speeds. Around town, it's 16ish but that will go down quickly once I start playing a bit more

My CA at New Century BMW was very cool about it. They pulled some strings to get my car built the first week of DKG Sedan production, and now they are apparently excited they will have my car for stock. My CA says they may already have a buyer for it... so that's good. They never cashed my deposit check so there was absolutely no hassle. I called my CA when the check engine light came on on my C63... I knew he'd have a good laugh. He's really cool. My car is now fixed, but it had a bad "cam position sensor", likely from the factory. It wasn't fun having it in the shop for 2 days, but I never thought "damn I should have bought the M3" while it was there.

The weirdest thing in the first week of ownership is... owning my first automatic. I've always driven stick, and if I didn't still have my Evo/S2K and other cars, I would really miss the involvement of shifting. My brain just lights up more and I am more aware of the entire driving process when I am shifting the car myself. The C63's auto is very good though and downshifts quickly with a paddle pull. Upshifts using the paddles take a little longer. In "comfort" mode it starts off in 2nd gear, in "sport" it starts off in 1st. It holds each gear longer depending on how much throttle you're giving it.

The "hardest" driving I've done is going to 4000 rpm with part throttle, and even doing that, I am off the line much faster than any other traffic. I think it's going to be a great car. No, it's not a track car IMO... but a $70K M3 isn't a good track car IMO either. I need something that is low-cost, low-maintenance and that I don't mind breaking and can stomach "bending." Everyone I know who is serious about track doesn't track their street car anymore....

Enough rambling!
That's a fair assessment Hans. I hope to not meet you at a red light with your C63. I took my shots at the C63, those of us still waiting for our cars are just getting a bit grumpy.
consolidated is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-05-2008, 05:27 PM   #94
ruff
Conspicuous consumption
 
ruff's Avatar
 
Drives: 987 S .2, Lemond Zurich
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The mountains of Utah

Posts: 1,184
iTrader: (0)

Hans,

Thanks for your excellent and detailed response. I was actually hoping you would ramble some more. Good mileage early on for such a monster. You made a great case for getting the C63 over the M3. Sounds like the perfect family racer for your needs. Considering you just laid down $60k+, this question is premature to say the least, but I can't resist: what vehicles do you possibly see yourself owning in the future?
ruff is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-05-2008, 05:40 PM   #95
Hans Delbruck
BMW & MB - friends in my garage
 
Hans Delbruck's Avatar
 
Drives: C63, 135i, 1959 BUICK
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Posts: 1,285
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruff View Post
Hans,

Thanks for your excellent and detailed response. I was actually hoping you would ramble some more. Good mileage early on for such a monster. You made a great case for getting the C63 over the M3. Sounds like the perfect family racer for your needs. Considering you just laid down $60k+, this question is premature to say the least, but I can't resist: what vehicles do you possibly see yourself owning in the future?
Me... I don't know. Evo X or 135i to replace my Evo 8 at some point. Spousal Unit wants a Ferrari

What cars are you thinkin' for yourself, btw?
__________________
2009 135i 6MT Euro Delivery 9/5/09
BMW Performance Power Kit - Exhaust - Short Shifter
Hans Delbruck is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-05-2008, 07:18 PM   #96
ruff
Conspicuous consumption
 
ruff's Avatar
 
Drives: 987 S .2, Lemond Zurich
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The mountains of Utah

Posts: 1,184
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck View Post
Me... I don't know. Evo X or 135i to replace my Evo 8 at some point. Spousal Unit wants a Ferrari

What cars are you thinkin' for yourself, btw?
Hans, a Ferrari? You really are loaded.

I am looking at either the face lifted e90, M3 or 335 variant or the face lifted Cayman S. Speaking of Ferrari, mid engine Caymans remind of the Ferrari Dino and Ferrari in general. With the skyrocketing fuel prices the face lifted Cayman S may be the ticket. It will reportedly get a 20 hp boost and probable LSD option with hwy mileage likely around 20/28. I love the E90 M3 but knowing me, I probably wouldn't drive it enough to justify it if fuel prices continue to escalate.
ruff is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-05-2008, 09:58 PM   #97
Hans Delbruck
BMW & MB - friends in my garage
 
Hans Delbruck's Avatar
 
Drives: C63, 135i, 1959 BUICK
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Posts: 1,285
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruff View Post
Hans, a Ferrari? You really are loaded.

I am looking at either the face lifted e90, M3 or 335 variant or the face lifted Cayman S. Speaking of Ferrari, mid engine Caymans remind of the Ferrari Dino and Ferrari in general. With the skyrocketing fuel prices the face lifted Cayman S may be the ticket. It will reportedly get a 20 hp boost and probable LSD option with hwy mileage likely around 20/28. I love the E90 M3 but knowing me, I probably wouldn't drive it enough to justify it if fuel prices continue to escalate.

The Cayman S with direct injection and an LSD is going to be good! Can't go wrong with the M3 either. I love the Cayman... it feels good to drive, and very solid. The only thing I remember not liking was that a lot of tire noise was transmitted into the cabin. But it's the perfect sports car for the street and track.

I'm not loaded. I wish! I do OK I guess, Spousal Unit does well, nothing crazy though. We keep things separate and buy our own cars, which is why my car budget is a little different than the S.U.'s SU has wanted an F-car since childhood. Me, I have loved cars since I could walk but never did set my sights that high. I can't imagine spending more than what I just did for the C63!

Stay on the board and go take some test drives -- report back!
__________________
2009 135i 6MT Euro Delivery 9/5/09
BMW Performance Power Kit - Exhaust - Short Shifter
Hans Delbruck is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-06-2008, 12:35 PM   #98
Flyingfart
Just as when I found my car, they changed it.
 
Drives: e90-330i
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Where the Sun dont shine

Posts: 408
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck View Post
Stay on the board and go take some test drives -- report back!
pls try not to kill yourself with that axe untamed murderer, just remember not to make any turns and you'll be aight!

<grin>
__________________
2006 e90 Sparkling Graphite 330i Steptronic Heated Seats Xenons Logic 7 250 HP Machines - Pure Joy!
Flyingfart is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-06-2008, 10:04 PM   #99
monsta
Brigadier General
 
monsta's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bergen County, NJ/Y.O, NY

Posts: 3,591
iTrader: (2)

c63's are for posers, ///M3's are for drivers
__________________

'08 E92 M3 6MT | IB | FR | RAC RG63's | VRS Ti Exhaust | Fabspeed HFC & Xpipe
'09 X5 35d SG/SB
'11 X3 28i AW/CN/FW (wife's car
monsta is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-06-2008, 10:38 PM   #100
bruce.augenstein@comcast.
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: Subaru Legacy GT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Manheim, PA

Posts: 1,797
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsta View Post
c63's are for posers, ///M3's are for drivers
Another high-schooler heard from - of whatever age.

All of these cars are drivers' cars. The M3, C63, IS-F, RS4 are all first-class efforts, along with the new CTS-V, I'm sure.

Bruce
bruce.augenstein@comcast. is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-07-2008, 12:20 AM   #101
swamp2
Major General
 
swamp2's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego, CA USA

Posts: 9,596
iTrader: (1)

^ +1.

The C63 has come a long way in the handling department over the years. Calling it a posuers car based on the M3 besting it in that department and winning magazine tests (marginally) is a joke. Sure I prefer the M as well, but I am not that ridiculous.

Hans: Congrats on the car. You went to the dark side in some way but indeed we still want to hear more and want you to stick around. How are the MB forums? Still want to do a little test driving swap and sample the M-DCT (hint, hint, I'd love to drive your car!). Enjoy the beast.
swamp2 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-07-2008, 02:11 AM   #102
footie
Major General
 
footie's Avatar
 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

Posts: 7,507
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Hans,

May I say that what you have got is a mega machine in every sense of the word. It looks a million dollars, goes like it's powered by the sun and sounds like what I imagine hell would sounded like.

I was surprised that you weren't as impressed with it's steering as it one area that most European mags rate it better than the M3 but then realised that you are coming from an EVO.

I haven't got to drive one yet (the sample in the showroom was already sold) but I did get to sit in it and the whole build quality and choice of materials seemed to be higher than the M3 (might be just perception), but one area where it's felt miles better than the M3 was in the seats, they are super comfy and seems to grab in all the right places.

Anyway I hope you love it and please post plenty of pics in the future.
footie is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      06-07-2008, 03:53 PM   #103
blkfast3
New Member
 
blkfast3's Avatar
 
Drives: Jet Black E46 BMW M3
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chicago

Posts: 9
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mantis View Post
congrats on ur choice. if you make ur choices based on other people then you have obviously made the wrong decision unless ur friends actually pay for your car. your cars is YOUR car, not your friends. they'd have to drive around lol

congrats, like a ferrari or louder? hmmm
It does not sound like a Ferrari its much deeper and its not louder either. My cousin just bought his like 1 week ago. It sounds great but not Ferrari great.
blkfast3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-07-2008, 04:13 PM   #104
Hans Delbruck
BMW &amp; MB - friends in my garage
 
Hans Delbruck's Avatar
 
Drives: C63, 135i, 1959 BUICK
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Posts: 1,285
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Hans: Congrats on the car. You went to the dark side in some way but indeed we still want to hear more and want you to stick around. How are the MB forums? Still want to do a little test driving swap and sample the M-DCT (hint, hint, I'd love to drive your car!). Enjoy the beast.
Yes, of course! I would love to trade cars. I hope I don't have buyers remorse after playing with M-DCT though.... ! I should be finished with the breakin in another week. We should definitely meet up. First, I have to make sure my car is actually fast though. The car I test drove and redlined felt like a rocket.... but will mine?

The MB forums are pretty slow.... not as many addicts as we have here. Good people there though! It's weird how we compared the M3 to the GT3 and the C63 to the Z06. In reality (is the internet reality?) both crowds have an interesting parallel. The M3 crowd is more interested in road course (seems), and the C63 crowd more interested in the dragstrip. Just like the P-car and Vette crowds, in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
Hans,

May I say that what you have got is a mega machine in every sense of the word. It looks a million dollars, goes like it's powered by the sun and sounds like what I imagine hell would sounded like.

I was surprised that you weren't as impressed with it's steering as it one area that most European mags rate it better than the M3 but then realised that you are coming from an EVO.

I haven't got to drive one yet (the sample in the showroom was already sold) but I did get to sit in it and the whole build quality and choice of materials seemed to be higher than the M3 (might be just perception), but one area where it's felt miles better than the M3 was in the seats, they are super comfy and seems to grab in all the right places.

Anyway I hope you love it and please post plenty of pics in the future.
Thank you Mr. Footie! Yeah, it does sound (and will go, hopefully past breakin) like Hades. It's very much a refined muscle car. The V8 sound it makes is nothing too exotic. The M3's V8 sounds more "special" for sure, but I do love the classic "big burly" noise the C63 makes. And it makes it all the time.... SWEET.

After more time behind the wheel, the steering is pretty good. I think what raised my eyebrows is that the wheel doesn't unwind as "naturally" as I'm used to. I have to unwind it a bit more myself, after making a turn. Just a perception... otherwise, the ratio is perfect and I can change lanes on the freeway with a small twist of the wrist, just like in the Evo. I like it. It certainly stiffens up at higher speeds and takes more effort. The variable assist is more noticable in this car than any car I've felt before.

The seats are very good. It didn't take too long for me to find a comfortable position and set it. The M3's seat cushions are softer and so, a bit more comfortable, but the C63's seats are still excellent IMO, and built very stout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce.augenstein@comcast. View Post
All of these cars are drivers' cars. The M3, C63, IS-F, RS4 are all first-class efforts, along with the new CTS-V, I'm sure.
Totally agreed!



BTW, here are some new pics I took yesterday!





SHARK!
SHARK!





The Nav system is really good... it tells you what lanes to be in for your next move!




The whole album is here, if anyone's interested:
http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m...sDelbruck/C63/
__________________
2009 135i 6MT Euro Delivery 9/5/09
BMW Performance Power Kit - Exhaust - Short Shifter
Hans Delbruck is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-07-2008, 04:22 PM   #105
RealSanaii
Lieutenant
 
RealSanaii's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: US

Posts: 452
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to RealSanaii
Congratz Hans!!!

I was going to get the C63 AMG too but:

1. I do not need 4 door sedan and really wanted a 2 door coupe.
2. Dealers around me had presold everything and it would have taken 3+ months to get the C63 AMG.

Also, Hans, Can you elaborate on the supposedly 'bone shattering' harsh ride?
__________________
I get it now... BMW FTW!
RealSanaii is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-07-2008, 04:48 PM   #106
ruff
Conspicuous consumption
 
ruff's Avatar
 
Drives: 987 S .2, Lemond Zurich
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The mountains of Utah

Posts: 1,184
iTrader: (0)

Hans,

Great pics in a idyllic setting with such a mean car. Perfect color for this car. I want to be on Huntington Beach right now.
ruff is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-07-2008, 04:52 PM   #107
ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General
 
ALPINE6SPD's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Highland Lakes NJ

Posts: 10,410
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to ALPINE6SPD
Nice car but no manual = no sport sedan IMO. There is no way I coudl drive a c63 because of the transmission alone. Give me a 6 speed and the M3 is wayyyyyyyy more fun to drive than any automatic car regardless of HP.
__________________
2010 AW e90 328i: 6 speed, Black Leather, Dark Wood trim, ZPP, ZCW, ZVP,ZSP, Nav, Xenon
BMW Performance CF Rear spolier and Gloss black grills
2008 Candy White MKV GTI 2.0T 6 Speed Manul Gone
2008 AW X3 3.0si: 6 speed Returned
2006 AW e90 330i: 6 speed Dinan Stage 1 Returned
ALPINE6SPD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-07-2008, 07:11 PM   #108
ybbiz34
Moderator
 
ybbiz34's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 4,090
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsta View Post
c63's are for drivers, ///M3's are for drivers
Fixed. As for the non-revised version of what you said, I expected you to be above such comments.
ybbiz34 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-07-2008, 07:12 PM   #109
ybbiz34
Moderator
 
ybbiz34's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 4,090
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck View Post
Yes, of course! I would love to trade cars. I hope I don't have buyers remorse after playing with M-DCT though.... ! I should be finished with the breakin in another week. We should definitely meet up. First, I have to make sure my car is actually fast though. The car I test drove and redlined felt like a rocket.... but will mine?

The MB forums are pretty slow.... not as many addicts as we have here. Good people there though! It's weird how we compared the M3 to the GT3 and the C63 to the Z06. In reality (is the internet reality?) both crowds have an interesting parallel. The M3 crowd is more interested in road course (seems), and the C63 crowd more interested in the dragstrip. Just like the P-car and Vette crowds, in general.



Thank you Mr. Footie! Yeah, it does sound (and will go, hopefully past breakin) like Hades. It's very much a refined muscle car. The V8 sound it makes is nothing too exotic. The M3's V8 sounds more "special" for sure, but I do love the classic "big burly" noise the C63 makes. And it makes it all the time.... SWEET.

After more time behind the wheel, the steering is pretty good. I think what raised my eyebrows is that the wheel doesn't unwind as "naturally" as I'm used to. I have to unwind it a bit more myself, after making a turn. Just a perception... otherwise, the ratio is perfect and I can change lanes on the freeway with a small twist of the wrist, just like in the Evo. I like it. It certainly stiffens up at higher speeds and takes more effort. The variable assist is more noticable in this car than any car I've felt before.

The seats are very good. It didn't take too long for me to find a comfortable position and set it. The M3's seat cushions are softer and so, a bit more comfortable, but the C63's seats are still excellent IMO, and built very stout.



Totally agreed!



BTW, here are some new pics I took yesterday!





SHARK!
SHARK!





The Nav system is really good... it tells you what lanes to be in for your next move!




The whole album is here, if anyone's interested:
http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m...sDelbruck/C63/
ybbiz34 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-07-2008, 07:36 PM   #110
markdds
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 39
iTrader: (0)

I might be going in to test drive the C63 on Monday. Hmmm, I wonder if my M3 order will still be safe after I'm done... :/
markdds is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST