BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

E92 Lighting

06-05-2008, 05:41 PM   #45
scottwww
Brigadier General

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndon_h View Post
I suppose you are talking about the difference in net delegates when winning states? If so, its not as hard to understand as the whiny man on the audio is suggesting. The name of the game is delegates, not popular vote in a state. Arguing about the popular vote is like saying that your team should have won the basketball game because they had more rebounds than the other team. As you are aware, each state is divided by congressional districts, for simplicity's sake like pretend that the state of Texas has 2 congressional districts (district A and B).
Lets say that somehow the district of A contains Dallas and district B contains alot of rural districts.

Lets also pretend that district A has 2 million people and district 4 million. For sake of argument, lets say that 100% of people in district A voted Democratic in 2004 and only 50% voted democratic the same year. In this case district A would get X delegates (lets say 10). District B would also get 10 eventhough there are more people. They would get the same amount based on the concentration of democratic voters. If 100% of the democrats vote democrat in 2008, and 75% of people vote democratic in district B, then you have a situation where the winner of district A is allotted 10 delegates (with 2M votes) and the winner of district B only gets 7.5 delegates.

I agree that its more complicated that it has to be, but the rules were set a long time ago. And someone with the experience to lead on day 1, like HRC, should have devised a smarter strategy. HRC's biggest mistake was to count on the race being finished by Feb 5th.

I hope i didnt' ramble too much. I had alot of interuptions during the writing of this explanation.
Part of what you wrote didn't seem to follow the way the electoral college system works, though there were similarities. Do you support the electoral college?

Do you recognize the guy's voice? I didn't, but it would be interesting to know if he is any kind of prominent person in the Democrat party, or if he is nothing. He spoke passionately about his point of view (though I wouldn't want to have children around when listening to that).

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
scottwww is offline   United_States
      06-05-2008, 05:46 PM   #46
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
Part of what you wrote didn't seem to follow the way the electoral college system works, though there were similarities. Do you support the electoral college?

Do you recognize the guy's voice? I didn't, but it would be interesting to know if he is any kind of prominent person in the Democrat party, or if he is nothing. He spoke passionately about his point of view (though I wouldn't want to have children around when listening to that).
His voice sounds a little familiar , but Im not sure. it kinda sounded like the voice the older CNN analyst (i dont know his name). I'm not really fond of the electoral college, but i understand that the rules are based on it. I'm not one who complained that Gore had more votes than GWB. Rules are rules while the game is playing. Its all good to change rules afterwards.
      06-05-2008, 07:01 PM   #47
dr335is
Brigadier General

Drives: GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
The 70's were a sad chapter in our history. We surrendered to an enemy that could not defeat us on the battlefield, abandoned our allies to be slaughtered because we lacked the will to complete what we started, and elected an inexperienced politician who promised hope and change to the most powerful office in the world and watched him fail miserably.
what an idiot -- he keeps cheering to go and fight the wars.
I bet you have never seen the real battle (as you claim), otherwise, you would never want any person of your beloved country to see the horrors of it!

I feel so sorry for you and your fam...
      06-05-2008, 07:06 PM   #48
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
How anyone can support an inexperienced, freshman senator, not even four years out of the Illinois state legislature with zero legislative achievements for the highest office in the land kills me.

Talk about low expectations.
But didn't we just have 8 years of "experienced"
Governor and politician that comes from even more experienced politician family???

And was it even possible to have worse 8 years??? NO!

Proof that experience with no brains, or with old ideas means nothing in today's world...
      06-05-2008, 07:10 PM   #49
tek818
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2012 135i

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Have we fallen behind? I'd say so... When US citizens that travel abroad say that they are Canadian in order to get some respect or treated fairly-- that is pretty pathetic. No offense Canadians...
      06-05-2008, 07:55 PM   #50
Solonng
Captain

Drives: Monacco Blue 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
I bet you have never seen the real battle (as you claim), otherwise, you would never want any person of your beloved country to see the horrors of it!

Why do you keep calling people idiots? Do you think that its cool to trash people without knowing them? Come on, stop being a jackass

Btw. me and the posters are still waiting on your version of a perfect U.S. Please indulge us with your intelligence. Thank you so much.
      06-05-2008, 08:07 PM   #51
Solonng
Captain

Quote:

au contraire, my dad has seen war at first hand. you're sitting comfortably in boca raton while these awesome individuals went out there and protect our freedom so you sit in paradise florida and bitch. Would you care to talk to the families that lost their loved ones in the world trade centers. Citizens that know nothing of weapons and know nothing of armed forces. What do you think the military should do? Workout, shoot random stuff and sip martinis until retirement? Do tell us more about what its like to have a martini watching the sunset on the beach. Thanks!
      06-05-2008, 08:14 PM   #52
Solonng
Captain

For those who do not know the wealth in boca, take a look at this hotel. Tell me if this middle class!

http://www.bocaresort.com/
      06-05-2008, 08:36 PM   #53
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solonng View Post
au contraire, my dad has seen war at first hand. you're sitting comfortably in boca raton while these awesome individuals went out there and protect our freedom so you sit in paradise florida and bitch. Would you care to talk to the families that lost their loved ones in the world trade centers. Citizens that know nothing of weapons and know nothing of armed forces. What do you think the military should do? Workout, shoot random stuff and sip martinis until retirement? Do tell us more about what its like to have a martini watching the sunset on the beach. Thanks!
I thought I explained to you once why I'm here and not in my mother land...
War -- yes. I was in it, I have seen it and therefore wish no one else to experience it...
Our military belongs to the Department of Defense, and what we did in Iraq has nothing to do with DEFENSE...
      06-05-2008, 08:38 PM   #54
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
For those who do not know the wealth in boca, take a look at this hotel. Tell me if this middle class!

http://www.bocaresort.com/
you're judging the wealth of a city by the resort in it???
How old are you man?
I think I am done with you -- either use your brain before typing, or stop embarrassing yourself...
      06-05-2008, 08:42 PM   #55
Solonng
Captain

Quote:
How old are you man?
I think I am done with you -- either use your brain before typing, or stop embarrassing yourself...
There you go talking shit about people again. Do you have an fetish for smart people?
      06-05-2008, 08:45 PM   #56
Solonng
Captain

Quote:
How old are you man?
One of the many factors bro, you don't put a ritz carlton in the middle of the ghetto. Geez, lets see the atlantic ocean is a few miles east of I95. Limited supply of water front properties. Unless you're in the island of Rotan, a beach based city in the U.S is poor? I think not. You're just angry because I'm right and you know that I'm right. You're done with me? What am I your bitch? lol, i have some extra prozac some where. But guess what, I believe in the free market so I'm not going to share unless theres an accounting profit for me. HAHA!
      06-05-2008, 08:46 PM   #57
Solonng
Captain

Quote:
I thought I explained to you once why I'm here and not in my mother land...
War -- yes. I was in it, I have seen it and therefore wish no one else to experience it...
Our military belongs to the Department of Defense, and what we did in Iraq has nothing to do with DEFENSE...
So are you saying that soldiers shouldn't do anything? and the Department of Defense is comprised mainly of robots.
      06-05-2008, 08:47 PM   #58
Solonng
Captain

Quote:
One of the many factors bro, you don't put a ritz carlton in the middle of the ghetto. Geez, lets see the atlantic ocean is a few miles east of I95. Limited supply of water front properties. Unless you're in the island of Rotan, a beach based city in the U.S is poor? I think not. You're just angry because I'm right and you know that I'm right. You're done with me? What am I your bitch? lol, i have some extra prozac some where. But guess what, I believe in the free market so I'm not going to share unless theres an accounting profit for me. HAHA!
Besides, you're a doctor. write yourself a prescription. i heard that they have a low cost prescription plan at Walmart.
      06-05-2008, 08:48 PM   #59
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
So are you saying that soldiers shouldn't do anything? and the Department of Defense is comprised mainly of robots.
WOW, how would one draw that conclusion...
You keep adding and adding to your misery...
Just take a break, think, then type (instead replying 15 times to the same line of mine...)
      06-05-2008, 08:49 PM   #60
Solonng
Captain

oh im sorry, walmart should be given out medicine not charge a low fee for them. damn, i should have listed more careful to senator obama.
      06-05-2008, 08:49 PM   #61
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
Besides, you're a doctor. write yourself a prescription. i heard that they have a low cost prescription plan at Walmart.
      06-05-2008, 08:50 PM   #62
Solonng
Captain

Quote:
WOW, how would one draw that conclusion...
You keep adding and adding to your misery...
Just take a break, think, then type (instead replying 15 times to the same line of mine...)
same to you..you have not said anything to prove your intelligence level at all. why do you think that everyone is stupid except you? i'll move on to the next topic once i'm satisfied with your answer.
      06-05-2008, 08:51 PM   #63
Solonng
Captain

okay, i'm promoting you from a jackass to a dumbass.. there, i am following your example!
      06-06-2008, 07:49 PM   #64
ganeil
Colonel

Drives: 328i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndon_h View Post
I agree, co-sponsoring a bill is not that big of deal. But what of the 890 bills he authored in 2 years? The fact is that he has been one of the most accomplished senators since 2005. Its like saying that Tiger is not as good because he hasn't won as many majors as Jack Nicolas. Does he have the most experience of anyone in the senate, no. If that were the best qualifier for President then Senator Byrd would win the presidency.

The things you must know to be a good senator are:
1. parliamentary procedure (I learned this in high school. I have an idea that was probably able to grasp this concept in the Ill state senate.
2. how to get you agenda passed by working with others. (this includes the ability to figure out the major players)

He has shown that he has mastered those abilities. And i would expect him to be a much better president than Bush. I think we can look at his past accomplishments from childhood to now and tell that he is an over achiever. The same cannot be said about GWBush. I'm not sure how anyone could look at GWBush's past and expect anything but what we are witnessing now.
I do not know where you got the 890 bills in two years. I am not even sure Obama has cast that many votes in the US Senate.

Neither I nor anyone I have heard believes he needs to be the most experienced Senator, just one with a modicum of experience that he simply has not demonstrated. I do not know if you are old enough to remember what the reaction was among Democrats and the press when George Bush named Dan Quayle to be his running mate in 1988. Quayle was pilloried for his lack of requisite experience to be a heartbeat away from the presidency. This was a man with four times the federal elective experience than Obama and an actual legislative record with a history of working across party lines. By any objective measure, Quayle was more qualified than Obama (or Clinton for that matter) is today.

Quote:
I think its a disgrace for you to even try to make the naive comparison of pre-war Iraq and whats going on Congo where almost 6Million people have died since 1998. Really, you should be ashamed.
Who mentioned pre-war Iraq? I questioned Obama's desire to support democracy in the Congo while advocating abandoning those fighting and dying for it in Iraq. Are the people of the Congo somehow more entitled to freedom and representative government than the Iraqis?

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
ganeil is offline   United_States
      06-06-2008, 10:09 PM   #65
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:

Who mentioned pre-war Iraq? I questioned Obama's desire to support democracy in the Congo while advocating abandoning those fighting and dying for it in Iraq. Are the people of the Congo somehow more entitled to freedom and representative government than the Iraqis?
I was waiting for this response...

So, Are North Koreans less important than Iraqis (plus, he made the WMD while W was busy chasing empty rusty shells in Iraq...)? What about Somalia, Zimbabwe people, Congo...
Are Iraqis really way more important than the rest???
Answer your own question...
      06-08-2008, 12:30 AM   #66
Solonng
Captain

Quote:
I do not know where you got the 890 bills in two years. I am not even sure Obama has cast that many votes in the US Senate.

Neither I nor anyone I have heard believes he needs to be the most experienced Senator, just one with a modicum of experience that he simply has not demonstrated. I do not know if you are old enough to remember what the reaction was among Democrats and the press when George Bush named Dan Quayle to be his running mate in 1988. Quayle was pilloried for his lack of requisite experience to be a heartbeat away from the presidency. This was a man with four times the federal elective experience than Obama and an actual legislative record with a history of working across party lines. By any objective measure, Quayle was more qualified than Obama (or Clinton for that matter) is today.

you're a dumbass..stop making yourself sound smart!