BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge
 
ESS Tuning
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-31-2008, 03:02 AM   #1
krnshinsa
Captain
14
Rep
606
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: el ay

iTrader: (2)

OFFICIAL((((LAKERS VS CELTICS)))) discussion thread

One of best rivalries in the NBA takes place on June 5


Congrats to LA winning yesterday.
Congrats to Boston on winning today.


I say Laker's in 6!

Last edited by krnshinsa; 05-31-2008 at 11:44 AM.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2008, 03:54 AM   #2
DDL
DDL
United_States
0
Rep
50
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Laker in 6?

That's not bad at all!
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2008, 08:02 AM   #3
gonzo
Brigadier General
gonzo's Avatar
United_States
132
Rep
4,994
Posts

 
Drives: as many as possible
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TeXXXas

iTrader: (0)

I don't really care for either team but LA looks like too much for Boston. Too much for anyone really. They are peaking at just the right time.
__________________
Crazy Diamond
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2008, 08:41 AM   #4
J BONE
The Boss
J BONE's Avatar
United_States
55
Rep
4,884
Posts

 
Drives: '13 F10 535xi, '15 F15 X5
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2008 E92 335xi  [4.00]
Great point but can Kobe put this team on his back for yet another series?? Should be a great series
__________________
2011 E92 M3- Retired
2011 E90 335- Retired
2008 E92 335- Retired
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2008, 11:42 AM   #5
chris335i
Private First Class
11
Rep
101
Posts

 
Drives: Red E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Miami, Florida

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J BONE View Post
Great point but can Kobe put this team on his back for yet another series?? Should be a great series
uhhh yea...lol hes KOBE!!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2008, 11:52 AM   #6
Spool
******
Spool's Avatar
Vietnam
179
Rep
6,164
Posts

 
Drives: A few
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: DC Metro

iTrader: (24)

both teams are gay...Suns 4lyfe
__________________


MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2008, 12:10 PM   #7
Digital.James
Colonel
Digital.James's Avatar
39
Rep
2,610
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NC

iTrader: (7)

The NBA got the best match up. With everything thats happened in the NBA the past year this is exactly what they needed.

The Lakers are way too deep for the Celtics. Their bench sucks, and they have a big time liablity at the point with Cassel/Rondo/Allen who have all been playing horribly in the playoffs. The Lakers can throw too many bodies at them at point, Fischer/Farmar/Vujacec.

Pierce will go off, but so will Kobe. Gasol and KG are even I think because neither have been playing that well in the playoffs. Lakers have a big advantage in forwards with Odom/Radmanovic/Walton/Ariza/Turiaf. So many people they can throw at KG.

I think Kobe, point gaurd play and the bench win it for the Lakers in 6.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2008, 12:20 PM   #8
JBZ4
Private
JBZ4's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
65
Posts

 
Drives: 2003 Z4
Join Date: May 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital.James View Post
The NBA got the best match up. With everything thats happened in the NBA the past year this is exactly what they needed.

The Lakers are way too deep for the Celtics. Their bench sucks, and they have a big time liablity at the point with Cassel/Rondo/Allen who have all been playing horribly in the playoffs. The Lakers can throw too many bodies at them at point, Fischer/Farmar/Vujacec.

Pierce will go off, but so will Kobe. Gasol and KG are even I think because neither have been playing that well in the playoffs. Lakers have a big advantage in forwards with Odom/Radmanovic/Walton/Ariza/Turiaf. So many people they can throw at KG.

I think Kobe, point gaurd play and the bench win it for the Lakers in 6.
You speak the truth, but strange things can happen!

Appreciate 0
      05-31-2008, 12:33 PM   #9
Digital.James
Colonel
Digital.James's Avatar
39
Rep
2,610
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NC

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBZ4 View Post
You speak the truth, but strange things can happen!

lol they do have the luck of the Irish behind em
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2008, 12:34 PM   #10
BeeEmDubU
Captain
BeeEmDubU's Avatar
9
Rep
719
Posts

 
Drives: AW 325i
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (2)

Lakers in 6. Lakers are just too good for the celtics at this time. No one on the celtics is capable of stopping Kobe. Kobe lit it up against the supposed "Kobe stopper" Bowen. Kobe doesnt need to, but I wouldnt be surprised if he averages 35-40 pts/game this series.

Lakers ftmfw!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2008, 01:25 PM   #11
davedave
Captain
davedave's Avatar
16
Rep
790
Posts

 
Drives: Godzilla
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Somewhere

iTrader: (7)

Laker in 5, Fisher FTW
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2008, 01:32 PM   #12
ADHD
Brigadier General
ADHD's Avatar
United_States
73
Rep
4,057
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 328i
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Magic Mountain

iTrader: (38)

Garage List
07 e90 335  [0.00]
07 335  [0.00]
06 325i  [0.00]


Lakers should take it in 5 IMO! Boston may win one at home u gotta count on that one!

DigitalJames speaks TRUTH!!! They really dont have much to throw at us..
That said Im getting on Bodog and betting on my lakers!!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2008, 03:11 PM   #13
Mondolemite
Second Lieutenant
Mondolemite's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
272
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Wilmington, DE

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital.James View Post
The NBA got the best match up. With everything thats happened in the NBA the past year this is exactly what they needed.

The Lakers are way too deep for the Celtics. Their bench sucks, and they have a big time liablity at the point with Cassel/Rondo/Allen who have all been playing horribly in the playoffs. The Lakers can throw too many bodies at them at point, Fischer/Farmar/Vujacec.

Pierce will go off, but so will Kobe. Gasol and KG are even I think because neither have been playing that well in the playoffs. Lakers have a big advantage in forwards with Odom/Radmanovic/Walton/Ariza/Turiaf. So many people they can throw at KG.

I think Kobe, point gaurd play and the bench win it for the Lakers in 6.
Don't forget about Kendrick Perkins, he's liable to go off on the soft Laker front line (outside of Turiaf).

KG and Gasol are not even, KG is considerably better. That being said, KG only has one gear and can't take it to another level in crunch time.

Lakers do clearly have the bench advantage... Sam Cassell's NBA funeral was like 3 years ago. Don't sleep on James Posey though, he's been around a while and is sneaky good. Doc Rivers has effectively destroyed the confidence of Big Baby and Powe... non-factors.

Ray Allen might be back and able to shoot the Celtics to a couple of victories.

But, ultimately, who the heck is gonna guard Kobe? If Pierce guards Kobe then the series is over because he won't be able to do that and score 25-30/game (despite what he did in game 7 v. LeBron). If I were a good coach (which Doc Rivers is not) I would consider starting Posey over Allen and putting his length on Kobe as a defensive stopper (or slow-downer, can't really stop Kobe, ask Bowen) and 3 point shooter.

Also, if Smush Parker... err, I mean Rajon Rondo, doesn't play out of his mind it's gonna be a short series.

I hate to agree with everyone but they're right, Lakers in 6.
__________________

2008 335i Coupe|Sparkling Graphite|Black Dakota|Dark Burl Walnut
2011 X3 35i M Sport|Carbon Black|Black Nevada|Brushed Aluminum
My European Delivery Journal
My PCD Pictures
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2008, 03:46 PM   #14
.:bHd:.
Major
.:bHd:.'s Avatar
Armenia
71
Rep
1,149
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i MT
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (0)

Lakers 4-0 haha
__________________

Appreciate 0
      06-01-2008, 01:03 AM   #15
SpecC
Completely obsessed with detailing
SpecC's Avatar
170
Rep
15,442
Posts

 
Drives: E90 SG 330i, white Scion tC
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Francisco and Davis

iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to SpecC
i hope celtics win but i think lakers will take it
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2008, 01:08 AM   #16
Digital.James
Colonel
Digital.James's Avatar
39
Rep
2,610
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NC

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondolemite View Post
Don't forget about Kendrick Perkins, he's liable to go off on the soft Laker front line (outside of Turiaf).

KG and Gasol are not even, KG is considerably better. That being said, KG only has one gear and can't take it to another level in crunch time.

Lakers do clearly have the bench advantage... Sam Cassell's NBA funeral was like 3 years ago. Don't sleep on James Posey though, he's been around a while and is sneaky good. Doc Rivers has effectively destroyed the confidence of Big Baby and Powe... non-factors.

Ray Allen might be back and able to shoot the Celtics to a couple of victories.

But, ultimately, who the heck is gonna guard Kobe? If Pierce guards Kobe then the series is over because he won't be able to do that and score 25-30/game (despite what he did in game 7 v. LeBron). If I were a good coach (which Doc Rivers is not) I would consider starting Posey over Allen and putting his length on Kobe as a defensive stopper (or slow-downer, can't really stop Kobe, ask Bowen) and 3 point shooter.

Also, if Smush Parker... err, I mean Rajon Rondo, doesn't play out of his mind it's gonna be a short series.

I hate to agree with everyone but they're right, Lakers in 6.
KG is clearly the better player, but he hasnt played that way in the play offs. Like Jay Crawford always says, he turns into Kevin Gar-not when the going gets rough. Always willing to settle for jumpers when no one can clearly guard him. It's laughable.

Gasol has the same situation, but not as extreme since he's not strong enough to directly attack certain centers/power forwards. Likes to settle for too many jumpers. He has been sliding to the basket well when Kobe drives though.

They both have shrank considerably in the play offs, which is why I consider their play even at this point.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2008, 01:23 AM   #17
cm3rc
Colonel
cm3rc's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
2,221
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 E90
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ferndale MI

iTrader: (8)

Garage List
06 325i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to cm3rc
Lakers vs Celtics.. thats Old School fo'yah
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2008, 01:46 AM   #18
rce90
Private
rce90's Avatar
0
Rep
61
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 328i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Rancho Cucamonga

iTrader: (0)

Who won the series during the regular season between L.A. and Boston? But then again this is the Finals, anything can happen. I want L.A. to win, but Boston deserves to win it too (except for Cassell). What a turn around from last season.

They were saying that Kobe won the MVP this year, and if the Lakers win the Finals, he's also got a chance to get Olympic gold. The last player to do that was none other than Michael Jordan.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2008, 02:00 AM   #19
thr33fivei
Captain
thr33fivei's Avatar
10
Rep
772
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: LA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bHd:. View Post
Lakers 4-0 haha
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2008, 02:12 AM   #20
krnshinsa
Captain
14
Rep
606
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: el ay

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rce90 View Post
Who won the series during the regular season between L.A. and Boston? But then again this is the Finals, anything can happen. I want L.A. to win, but Boston deserves to win it too (except for Cassell). What a turn around from last season.

They were saying that Kobe won the MVP this year, and if the Lakers win the Finals, he's also got a chance to get Olympic gold. The last player to do that was none other than Michael Jordan.
In the regular season Lakers were 0-2 with Boston but at that time they didn't have Casol. However I still think that the Lakers have a very good chance with beating Boston factors such as Kobe, a better bench, better player match ups, as well as a better coach will take them all the way.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2008, 02:32 AM   #21
rce90
Private
rce90's Avatar
0
Rep
61
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 328i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Rancho Cucamonga

iTrader: (0)

Anybody going to the games at Staples?? Man I wish I could score some tix.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2008, 04:10 AM   #22
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
asdflkijd's Avatar
South Korea
132
Rep
5,507
Posts

 
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (14)

Garage List
Celtics all the way baby1!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:21 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST