BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

GT Haus
View Poll Results: Separate Corporations from the Government?
Yes, This has gone too far! 2 100.00%
No, Corporations rule the world 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

05-28-2008, 03:02 PM   #1
RIP-A4
estudioG design+interiors

Drives: 2007 335i coupe

separate corporations from government

How many think that Corporate America has been ruling the US Government for years, and eventually will be the downfall of our great Nation because of greed and power. Just as Church was separated from the government (so policies wouldn't be affected by religous beliefs) I believe corporations should be separated completely from the government. Then and only then will we see the real politicians who don't have their own political agendas for their corporate buddies. Surface people who want to help people not for fame and power but for what this Government was founded on "for the people, by the people"

Our founding fathers would be ashamed at what is the US today, the same tyrant they fled from many, many moons ago.
      05-28-2008, 03:07 PM   #2
caudalM3

Drives: 2008 AW M3 6MT

What are you talking about, how do you separate Corporation and State? this doesn't even make sense.

I think I understand the point you are making about the balance of power, but welcome to America, we are a commercially based society.. get used to it.

I do agree that certain industries can gain a disproportionate amount of power in society and in those unique circumstances laws may be enacted for the welfare of the country as a whole (such as limiting the big coal/oil tycoons in the past, telecom giants in the 80s, and I'd say today's big oil companies)
caudalM3 is offline   United_States
      05-28-2008, 03:12 PM   #3
ganeil
Colonel

Drives: 328i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIP-A4 View Post
How many think that Corporate America has been ruling the US Government for years, and eventually will be the downfall of our great Nation because of greed and power. Just as Church was separated from the government (so policies wouldn't be affected by religous beliefs) I believe corporations should be separated completely from the government. Then and only then will we see the real politicians who don't have their own political agendas for their corporate buddies. Surface people who want to help people not for fame and power but for what this Government was founded on "for the people, by the people"

Our founding fathers would be ashamed at what is the US today, the same tyrant they fled from many, many moons ago.
First of all, the idea that the Church was separated from the state was to avoid having policies influenced by religious beliefs is wrong on multiple levels.

The state under the Constitution is forbidden from establishing a religion and from interfering with the free exercise of religion. There is nothing that impedes a man of faith from serving in government and having his religious beliefs inform his policy decisions.

Secondly, the idea that corporations are overly involved in government has it exactly backward. Government is far too involved in corporations. Bill Gates used to be proud of the fact that he employed only a single Washington lobbyist. That only changed when the government started involving itself in Microsoft's business. If you want to remove the corporate influence from government, remove the government from the corporations.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
ganeil is offline   United_States