BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-26-2008, 10:24 AM   #1
bills742
Second Lieutenant
 
bills742's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ellicott City, MD

Posts: 284
iTrader: (2)

Front sunshade

Is the front windshield on a e92 M3 the same size as a e92 335? I want to get a covercraft uvs100 sunshade for the front and they don't have the new M3 listed yet. Also, anyone know the cheapest place to get these online? Thanks.
__________________
'08 M3 JB DCT Coupe /// DTEC Cree LED Angel Eyes / Mtech Super White Cornering Lights / Matte Black Kidneys & Gilles / 35-40% FormulaOne Pinnacle / VRS Boot / VRS II Diffuser / AA exhaust / Fabspeed HFC & X-pipe / Eibach Springs / RDSport Front Bumper / 19" Satin Charcoal HRE P40 / RPI Scoops / PSW (Non-electronic) / BMW Stainless Steel Pedals / LeatherZ Alcantara Boots
bills742 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2008, 10:44 AM   #2
dunkarooos
New Member
 
Drives: e92 M3, Hummer H2, BMWz3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY

Posts: 29
iTrader: (0)

bought mine off of ebay for 45...http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...spagenameZWDVW
dunkarooos is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2008, 11:15 AM   #3
SlammedR8
Brigadier General
 
SlammedR8's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Audi R8 V10 +2013 Audi S4
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 4,936
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via MSN to SlammedR8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bills742 View Post
Is the front windshield on a e92 M3 the same size as a e92 335? I want to get a covercraft uvs100 sunshade for the front and they don't have the new M3 listed yet. Also, anyone know the cheapest place to get these online? Thanks.
Yes it is...i dont usually hate on questions but come on man..do you really think BMW would design a whole new dashboard/windshield and whatever else for the M3? Obvs not..it would be way too costly.
SlammedR8 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2008, 11:29 AM   #4
Keto
Major
 
Keto's Avatar
 
Drives: 550i M-sport AW
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: N'awlins

Posts: 1,233
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedm3 View Post
Yes it is...i dont usually hate on questions but come on man..do you really think BMW would design a whole new dashboard/windshield and whatever else for the M3? Obvs not..it would be way too costly.
Considering so many parts are different on the two cars, it's nice to know before making a purchase that there are not subtle differences that would make your purchase useless, especially a "custom cut" item that probably has a draconian return policy.

Covercraft for the win, much better quality than that eBay item. EDIT: I went with autogeek.net for my wife's covercraft shield.
__________________
'11 550i, but it's too big for me
Prev: '08 E92 M3, '04 E46 M3
On Order: 2015 F80 M3
Keto is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2008, 11:36 AM   #5
SlammedR8
Brigadier General
 
SlammedR8's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Audi R8 V10 +2013 Audi S4
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 4,936
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via MSN to SlammedR8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keto View Post
Considering so many parts are different on the two cars, it's nice to know before making a purchase that there are not subtle differences that would make your purchase useless, especially a "custom cut" item that probably has a draconian return policy.

Covercraft for the win, much better quality than that eBay item. EDIT: I went with autogeek.net for my wife's covercraft shield.
Ya engine and drivetrain are different...and the obvious stuff such as hood/bumpers/fenders etc.. but its the same car as a regular e90. the frame is the same, the doors are the same, the lights are the same etc..

There is no reason to even think that the size of the dashboard would be any different in an M.
SlammedR8 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2008, 11:26 PM   #6
skierman64
Brigadier General
 
skierman64's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 Space Gray M3 & E36M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Greater St Louis Metro area

Posts: 3,068
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
1998 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2008 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to skierman64
Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedm3 View Post
Yes it is...i dont usually hate on questions but come on man..do you really think BMW would design a whole new dashboard/windshield and whatever else for the M3? Obvs not..it would be way too costly.
Well the windshield on the verts in the E36 was different than the E36Coupe/Sedan windshields, so really the answer to the question wasn't that obvious.

I had the same question for the very same reason.

The M3 only shares just a few body panels with the normal 3, like the doors, the windshield could easily be different as well.
__________________
Get a professional motorsports full featured stopwatch app for your Blackberry here: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/19464
Invest Wisely...The best mod for your money?? BMWCCA high performance driver's school. The mod that lasts a lifetime and improves the performance of any car you drive
skierman64 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-27-2008, 01:51 AM   #7
Keto
Major
 
Keto's Avatar
 
Drives: 550i M-sport AW
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: N'awlins

Posts: 1,233
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedm3 View Post
Ya engine and drivetrain are different...and the obvious stuff such as hood/bumpers/fenders etc.. but its the same car as a regular e90. the frame is the same, the doors are the same, the lights are the same etc..

There is no reason to even think that the size of the dashboard would be any different in an M.
How is this so inherently obvious that even asking the question is stupid? Is there an explicit statement somewhere that it is the same?

Next time try for a helpful post.
__________________
'11 550i, but it's too big for me
Prev: '08 E92 M3, '04 E46 M3
On Order: 2015 F80 M3
Keto is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-27-2008, 08:21 AM   #8
SlammedR8
Brigadier General
 
SlammedR8's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Audi R8 V10 +2013 Audi S4
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 4,936
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via MSN to SlammedR8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keto View Post
How is this so inherently obvious that even asking the question is stupid? Is there an explicit statement somewhere that it is the same?

Next time try for a helpful post.
Somethings dont need to be said man, and like I said Im not one to hate on questions and tell people to search but I just thought it was an obvious answer. But everyone is different

cheers!
SlammedR8 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-03-2011, 04:25 PM   #9
mot
Banned
 
Drives: e92 AW M3 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bay Area, California

Posts: 941
iTrader: (8)

do any of you guys happen to know the dimensions of the oem bmw sunshade? i want to buy one but not for $50...

tia!
mot is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-03-2011, 10:54 PM   #10
skierman64
Brigadier General
 
skierman64's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 Space Gray M3 & E36M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Greater St Louis Metro area

Posts: 3,068
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
1998 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2008 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to skierman64
A $60K plus car deserves a $50 sunshade. A custom fit shade is worth the dough.
__________________
Get a professional motorsports full featured stopwatch app for your Blackberry here: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/19464
Invest Wisely...The best mod for your money?? BMWCCA high performance driver's school. The mod that lasts a lifetime and improves the performance of any car you drive
skierman64 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-03-2011, 11:35 PM   #11
aznclickster
Second Lieutenant
 
aznclickster's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 ///M
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 239
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011.5 E92 M3  [0.00]
i reused my $15 sunshade from wally mart

__________________
aznclickster is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-04-2011, 03:34 AM   #12
eisenb11
Major
 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 SSII
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Redondo Beach, CA, USA

Posts: 1,121
iTrader: (0)

Pardon my ignorance, but why not just use the oem BMW sunshade? I currently have one in my car and it seems pretty nice and fits well. Was thinking of carrying it over to the m3 if I order one in Oct.
eisenb11 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:04 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST