BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion
 
European Auto Source
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-24-2008, 02:54 AM   #23
spacedogg
Colonel
 
spacedogg's Avatar
 
Drives: Debadged
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC

Posts: 2,819
iTrader: (0)

Fitting...
Attached Images
 
spacedogg is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2008, 07:41 AM   #24
dimisa1977
Major
 
dimisa1977's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW Specialist (exhaust)
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: USA

Posts: 1,141
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
2008 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoo View Post
Dude, the guy in front of me at Costco just spent $115.83 to fill up his tank of his SUV (Ford Expedition) ............damn, I guess it is the beginning of the end for those big SUVs.................. can't wait until there are no more of those big gas guzzlers on the road (and they've driven mostly by latinos with those huge rims, WTF???)................as for me, I only drive my E90 on weekends, the rest of the week I drive my corolla..........
man, that's a tough pill to swallow.

folks have to remember that they should just suck it up and don't panic and sell your SUV. It makes more sense (in many cases) to spend a couple extra bucks at the pump, than to take a bath on your current ride.
dimisa1977 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2008, 10:46 AM   #25
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
 
Crimson92's Avatar
 
Drives: Like a boss
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Whales Vagina

Posts: 28,639
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoo View Post
Dude, the guy in front of me at Costco just spent $115.83 to fill up his tank of his SUV (Ford Expedition) ............damn, I guess it is the beginning of the end for those big SUVs.................. can't wait until there are no more of those big gas guzzlers on the road (and they've driven mostly by latinos with those huge rims, WTF???)................as for me, I only drive my E90 on weekends, the rest of the week I drive my corolla..........
why does it have to be latinos? bit sterotypical dont you think?

i could say look at all the dumb rednecks in their v8 lifted trucks....but i dont.


get a clue man
__________________
Quote:
Some people are like slinkies...not really good for much but you can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs"
Crimson92 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2008, 11:06 AM   #26
Kloogy
Major
 
Kloogy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW X5 Sport
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Escondido, Ca

Posts: 1,266
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Kloogy Send a message via Yahoo to Kloogy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoo View Post
Dude, the guy in front of me at Costco just spent $115.83 to fill up his tank of his SUV (Ford Expedition) ............damn, I guess it is the beginning of the end for those big SUVs.................. can't wait until there are no more of those big gas guzzlers on the road (and they've driven mostly by latinos with those huge rims, WTF???)................as for me, I only drive my E90 on weekends, the rest of the week I drive my corolla..........
You're a racist idiot. Some of us "latinos" don't really care what the price of gas is , because we can AFFORD it.
__________________
2011 X5 Sport
Black Sapphire w/ Black Perforated Nevada/ DK Bmboo
Technology/ Vented Seats/ Cold & Convenience / Multi Contour seats/ 20" wheels and more...
2004 Mustang GT Vert. - Modded
Kloogy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2008, 11:13 AM   #27
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
 
Crimson92's Avatar
 
Drives: Like a boss
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Whales Vagina

Posts: 28,639
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloogy View Post
You're a racist idiot. Some of us "latinos" don't really care what the price of gas is , because we can AFFORD it.
Escondido...damn youre far bro

but +1

i spend 500+ a month on gas...sucks but we gotta do it
if i drive my benz its worse haha....
__________________
Quote:
Some people are like slinkies...not really good for much but you can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs"
Crimson92 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2008, 11:14 AM   #28
Dubbedoutbimmer
Banned
 
Drives: 335XI Coupe Loaded w/body kit
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Boston

Posts: 1,313
iTrader: (-1)

Send a message via AIM to Dubbedoutbimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1WickedE90 View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stereotype

Tell me again how you're not stereotyping?
chill out and get over it bro! the kid is calling it like he see's it I see the same shit in Boston "it is what it is" jesus why are ppl so sensitive really I am Italian and yes my family own like 5 cady's all tinted is that a stereotype? YUP is it the truth YUP
Dubbedoutbimmer is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2008, 11:18 AM   #29
Dubbedoutbimmer
Banned
 
Drives: 335XI Coupe Loaded w/body kit
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Boston

Posts: 1,313
iTrader: (-1)

Send a message via AIM to Dubbedoutbimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloogy View Post
You're a racist idiot. Some of us "latinos" don't really care what the price of gas is , because we can AFFORD it.
again why are you ppl taking to the next level did he not say I am not trying to stereo type??? is it his fault that statistic stack that way? I thought he was being very considerate! these are forums and meant to be taken with a grain of salt
Dubbedoutbimmer is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2008, 11:49 AM   #30
///MD
Private First Class
 
///MD's Avatar
 
Drives: F06 640 M-SPORT
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thousand Oaks, Ca

Posts: 196
iTrader: (0)

Wow....lighten up people. sounds to me like there are 2 latinos with SUV's and 1 latino with possibly a bmw on this thread that are WAY too sensitive. Lets realize that many stereotypes have some truth behind them. For example, i will never go to an arcade and put my quarter into a street fighter II machine when there's already an asian person there....i'll get my ass kicked and lose my money. Opps maybe i shouldn't have said that. now all the asians in the OC will kick my ass. RELAX PEOPLE.

Sincerely,
Camel Jockey
__________________
'13 F06 640GC M-Sport AW

'13 F25 X3 35i M-Sport AW
///MD is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2008, 11:53 AM   #31
///MD
Private First Class
 
///MD's Avatar
 
Drives: F06 640 M-SPORT
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thousand Oaks, Ca

Posts: 196
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
why does it have to be latinos? bit sterotypical dont you think?

i could say look at all the dumb rednecks in their v8 lifted trucks....but i dont.


get a clue man
he didn't say dumbass borderhoppers.......he said latinos......which is probably what he saw. 4 big ass SUV's with 4 different latino drivers. SOOOOOO FUCKING WHAT. you sensitive people are lame
__________________
'13 F06 640GC M-Sport AW

'13 F25 X3 35i M-Sport AW
///MD is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2008, 11:57 AM   #32
///MD
Private First Class
 
///MD's Avatar
 
Drives: F06 640 M-SPORT
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thousand Oaks, Ca

Posts: 196
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1WickedE90 View Post
Sure I have and it's completely irrelevant to my point which is "stereotyping" a certain ethnicity as opposed to "advertising". For your convenience, here is a link which explains what advertising is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advertising
wow enough with the wikipedia definition already. and actually the advertisers are just playing up to you're "racially charged" stereotypes. so really it's not that different.
__________________
'13 F06 640GC M-Sport AW

'13 F25 X3 35i M-Sport AW
///MD is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2008, 11:57 AM   #33
possible335i2008
Captain
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: united states

Posts: 980
iTrader: (9)

This the latino with the BMW and either way the comment was stupid...I am not raising some awareness are trying to fight for any rights...I am not taking anything to another level..I did not like the comment and apparently several others didn't either we are sounding off to the original op and perhaps he should watch his tone when making sweeping generalizing comments...So you can RELAX when someone says something about your "Race" that you find offensive I WILL NOT
possible335i2008 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2008, 12:07 PM   #34
possible335i2008
Captain
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: united states

Posts: 980
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbadiei View Post
he didn't say dumbass borderhoppers.......he said latinos......which is probably what he saw. 4 big ass SUV's with 4 different latino drivers. SOOOOOO FUCKING WHAT. you sensitive people are lame

Wow border hoppers and where is your family from...because ther are a lot more than latinos hopping the border...man you have some issues..And we are the lame people but here you are throwing out an ignorant and stupid comment like that...that is taking crap to another level...That was ridiculous , you are prick and I hope you ASS GETS BANNED, I bet your wouldn't say crap like that around us Border Hoppers I bet you would stay real quiet...
possible335i2008 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2008, 12:09 PM   #35
Dubbedoutbimmer
Banned
 
Drives: 335XI Coupe Loaded w/body kit
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Boston

Posts: 1,313
iTrader: (-1)

Send a message via AIM to Dubbedoutbimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by possible335i2008 View Post
This the latino with the BMW and either way the comment was stupid...I am not raising some awareness are trying to fight for any rights...I am not taking anything to another level..I did not like the comment and apparently several others didn't either we are sounding off to the original op and perhaps he should watch his tone when making sweeping generalizing comments...So you can RELAX when someone says something about your "Race" that you find offensive I WILL NOT

no really you guys pulled out the flame thrower over a mild comment simmer down and dont be so deffensive!
Dubbedoutbimmer is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2008, 12:10 PM   #36
///MD
Private First Class
 
///MD's Avatar
 
Drives: F06 640 M-SPORT
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thousand Oaks, Ca

Posts: 196
iTrader: (0)

so if i were to say that mostly mexicans eat tostadas and tacos and rice and beans you'll be offended? that's a sweeping generalizing comment. are you gonna lose your shit about that one too? what about this one.....a lot of latinos like to wear staw hats and cowboy boots? will you go home and cry to mommy about the racism of this shitty world? you guys took some think that probably wasn't the most PC statement in the world and instead of having a little class and dignity, realizing this is a bmw forum, taking it with a grain of salt and moving on, a bunch of you decided he's KKK and want him arrested? sensitive personalities like that are what is keeping humanity/man kind/civilization from advancing beyond the garbage that it is now.

so to all you hot headed latinos (oops possibly another stereotype?), the boy didn't chose his words carefully and he's sorry
relax
__________________
'13 F06 640GC M-Sport AW

'13 F25 X3 35i M-Sport AW
///MD is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2008, 12:19 PM   #37
possible335i2008
Captain
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: united states

Posts: 980
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbadiei View Post
so if i were to say that mostly mexicans eat tostadas and tacos and rice and beans you'll be offended? that's a sweeping generalizing comment. are you gonna lose your shit about that one too? what about this one.....a lot of latinos like to wear staw hats and cowboy boots? will you go home and cry to mommy about the racism of this shitty world? you guys took some think that probably wasn't the most PC statement in the world and instead of having a little class and dignity, realizing this is a bmw forum, taking it with a grain of salt and moving on, a bunch of you decided he's KKK and want him arrested? sensitive personalities like that are what is keeping humanity/man kind/civilization from advancing beyond the garbage that it is now.

so to all you hot headed latinos (oops possibly another stereotype?), the boy didn't chose his words carefully and he's sorry
relax
NO the hot-headed part is not a stereotype its a reality...And your examples are stupid...your are talking about clothes and food...Cry to my mommy I guarantee you that if this were a face to face conversation you wouldn't be acting like this...Some people found something offensive and we are sounding off..No one said crap about KKK we just didn't like the comment..and then comes along you and then it gets elevated I feel sorry for you..you have to use stupid ignorant comments in a conversation to prove a dumb mute point...SOME PEOPLE DID NOT LIKE A COMMENT..NO ONE CRUCIFIED HIM..WE SOUNDED OFF...
possible335i2008 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2008, 12:24 PM   #38
///MD
Private First Class
 
///MD's Avatar
 
Drives: F06 640 M-SPORT
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thousand Oaks, Ca

Posts: 196
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by possible335i2008 View Post
Wow border hoppers and where is your family from...because ther are a lot more than latinos hopping the border...man you have some issues..And we are the lame people but here you are throwing out an ignorant and stupid comment like that...that is taking crap to another level...That was ridiculous , you are prick and I hope you ASS GETS BANNED, I bet your wouldn't say crap like that around us Border Hoppers I bet you would stay real quiet...
FYI, i was using that as an example, because someone had to the nerve to take the word "latino" which had no derogatory connotation to it and equate it to redneck hick, which obviously does, and only shows that persons ignorance. and secondly, it doesn't matter who's in front of me, if i have sometime to say i'll say it.
__________________
'13 F06 640GC M-Sport AW

'13 F25 X3 35i M-Sport AW
///MD is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2008, 12:26 PM   #39
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
 
Crimson92's Avatar
 
Drives: Like a boss
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Whales Vagina

Posts: 28,639
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbadiei View Post
he didn't say dumbass borderhoppers.......he said latinos......which is probably what he saw. 4 big ass SUV's with 4 different latino drivers. SOOOOOO FUCKING WHAT. you sensitive people are lame
not being sensitive at all..just slapping sense into people that have none.

im sure you like it when people refer to you as osama right?
__________________
Quote:
Some people are like slinkies...not really good for much but you can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs"
Crimson92 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2008, 12:26 PM   #40
Dubbedoutbimmer
Banned
 
Drives: 335XI Coupe Loaded w/body kit
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Boston

Posts: 1,313
iTrader: (-1)

Send a message via AIM to Dubbedoutbimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by possible335i2008 View Post
NO the hot-headed part is not a stereotype its a reality...And your examples are stupid...your are talking about clothes and food...Cry to my mommy I guarantee you that if this were a face to face conversation you wouldn't be acting like this...Some people found something offensive and we are sounding off..No one said crap about KKK we just didn't like the comment..and then comes along you and then it gets elevated I feel sorry for you..you have to use stupid ignorant comments in a conversation to prove a dumb mute point...SOME PEOPLE DID NOT LIKE A COMMENT..NO ONE CRUCIFIED HIM..WE SOUNDED OFF...
there is making a "sound off " then there is which you guys hit dead nuts!! seriously simmer and back to the original post befor it was by a bunch of angry latino's
Dubbedoutbimmer is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2008, 12:27 PM   #41
///MD
Private First Class
 
///MD's Avatar
 
Drives: F06 640 M-SPORT
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thousand Oaks, Ca

Posts: 196
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by possible335i2008 View Post
NO the hot-headed part is not a stereotype its a reality...And your examples are stupid...your are talking about clothes and food...Cry to my mommy I guarantee you that if this were a face to face conversation you wouldn't be acting like this...Some people found something offensive and we are sounding off..No one said crap about KKK we just didn't like the comment..and then comes along you and then it gets elevated I feel sorry for you..you have to use stupid ignorant comments in a conversation to prove a dumb mute point...SOME PEOPLE DID NOT LIKE A COMMENT..NO ONE CRUCIFIED HIM..WE SOUNDED OFF...
agreed but not everyone was just sounding off.....even after he apologized he was still getting it from the same person. so actually some were crucifying him. the overlying point is that everyone is too sensitive......he put his foot in his mouth and you guys should be over it
__________________
'13 F06 640GC M-Sport AW

'13 F25 X3 35i M-Sport AW
///MD is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2008, 12:31 PM   #42
///MD
Private First Class
 
///MD's Avatar
 
Drives: F06 640 M-SPORT
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thousand Oaks, Ca

Posts: 196
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbedoutbimmer View Post
there is making a "sound off " then there is which you guys hit dead nuts!! seriously simmer and back to the original post befor it was by a bunch of angry latino's
and one angry persian.....
__________________
'13 F06 640GC M-Sport AW

'13 F25 X3 35i M-Sport AW
///MD is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2008, 12:33 PM   #43
chuck92103
Major
 
chuck92103's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 535i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Socal

Posts: 1,209
iTrader: (0)

I have been watching the financial news this AM and something does not seem right.

Is it me, or is there a lot of Americans who do not understand basic finance?

With oil prices inching upward, there seems to be a mad frenzy to trade out the truck or big car for a Prius or some other fuel efficient vehicle.

People understand fuel efficiency. However, they do not seem to understand financial efficiency.

Yeah they can trade that SUV that gets 10-15MPG for a 40MPG car. But they are paying $30k plus for the Prius with interest, maintenance, etc. How long will it take before the recoup trade in loss?

It seems that emotion is playing into a lot of this and folks do not understand that transportation costs include more than the cost of fuel.

Car purchase/lease
Insurance
Maintenance
Interest
depreciation at trade in or sale
etc.

Also, if someone owns a car like a Prius and they also own an SUV like an X5, the true fuel costs and MPG is the avergae of the total monthly fuel costs between the two vehicles.

Anyway, just like bad mortgages of the past, I see Americans making the same mistake again and going further in debt to get increased fuel economy.

If Joe has a Suburban that gets 12MPG and drives enough each month where his fuel bill at $4 per gallon is $400 per month

and

Sally sold her SUV for a Civic that gets 40MPG, she is only spending 1/4 for fuel for $100 per month to drive the same distance. A savings of $300 per month. Not including trade in loss, and interest on the loan, maintenance, etc. it will take her 4-5 years to break even. And if gas goes back down which it is expected to do once the dollar goes up, the picture is even worse. Plus, sally cannot haul her family and all their gear in a Corolla so their lifestyle has to change as well. The car becomes basic transportation rather than a vehicle for hauling, camping, etc.
__________________
2011 535i
2008 VW GTI
chuck92103 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2008, 01:36 PM   #44
chuck92103
Major
 
chuck92103's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 535i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Socal

Posts: 1,209
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo View Post
It's a great spin to get consumers to boost the economy by buying a new car...
I am not sure the economy will get boosted when Ford/GM/Chrysler have SUV's and minivans sitting on the lots and taking huge losses.

Massive job losses coming in the automobile industry if things don't turn around soon. This will ripple to parts suppliers, tire manaufacturers, and home sales as well.
__________________
2011 535i
2008 VW GTI
chuck92103 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:47 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST