BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

PYSPEED

05-20-2008, 10:43 AM   #23
Keto
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [5.00]
Make sure you get SSII or SG.
Keto is online now   United_States
      05-20-2008, 12:25 PM   #24
ersin
Brigadier General

Drives: 08 IB E92 M3

M3 as a DD FTW!

The only that might change this would be snow. Do you think there is a good chance that you will need to drive it in the snow? Once or twice a winter is not too bad if it's not too deep. But I know in some parts of PA I wouldn't get on the road with such a car in the winter. Just one thing to consider. If that's not a consideration for you then go for it.

I've been assimilated. 6MT/ZPP/18"/PS extended.
ersin is offline   United_States
      05-20-2008, 12:29 PM   #25
Davinhci
Colonel

Drives: 08 M3 E92 & 08 E70 X5 4.8

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by batchelorc View Post
My M3 will be daily driver. Drive the hell out of it!

+1

08 E92 AW M3 | HRE P40 19" | APE Air Filter | BMW Performance Grills | White Side Gills | CF Mirror Covers | BMW Performance Pedals | F1 Pinnacle Tint | V1 Hardwire | Dinan Performance Software | Gintani Exhaust | H&R Sports Springs | RPI Scoops | BMW CF Spoiler | Challenge Diffuser | Lux H8 V3 | LCI Tail Lights |
Davinhci is offline   United_States
      05-20-2008, 03:41 PM   #26
aggie57
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2.0d X3, 2009 997 Carrera S

like someone said its just a car. Paint and metal. Just a good one! Seriously, having a nice car should be enjoyed all the time. Sometimes you get in grumpy and it makes you smile.
aggie57 is offline   Australia
      05-20-2008, 06:20 PM   #27
apw2607
Major

Drives: 2009 X5 35d

Just make sure if you choose the m3 for your daily drive, that theres plenty of gas stations on route.
      05-21-2008, 07:10 AM   #28
msquaredserver

Drives: 2004 BMW X3 2.5i

Send a message via AIM to msquaredserver
i know, the cigarette boxes are the only garbage that i realy contribute, cause they fall under the seat and get hidden in the back and everything - it pisses me off to high hell when anyone brings any food in my car or anything like that, cause it always spills and leaves some sort of blemish on the car. i am very anal about cleaning and making sure the car always looks its best, but there are times (such as this summer, leaving my apartment at 5:45 am and getting back at around 7 pm) that i am just too tired to even clean out the inside of my car. i'm pretty sure i'd quit smoking if i wound up getting an m3 (i'd say i do 80% of my smoking right now during my 2 hour commute to nj for an internship, and i would never subject the interior of that car to the smell of smoke) which hey, +1 for myself? or can i not give myself points. i dunno.

haha the snow will be an issue - to give you an idea as to how cold it gets (even with old window regulators) my windows freeze closed after sunset when it gets dark and really cold in the winter in my x3. so yeah... it gets kinda cold.

i love the responses i've got - within 1 day it's been pretty much confirmed that i'll be springing for an m3, i love the car too much not to bankrupt myself buying it

on that note, i dont want to change the topic of this thread, but is the e92 (at rougly $70k with options) worth the extra $30k than a CPO e46 (like an 04, i just stopped by the dealership on my way to work this morning and was looking at those beauties) at like $40k? if anyone has any ideas, i'd be more than glad to listen. thanks a lot again all!
msquaredserver is offline   United_States
      05-21-2008, 08:37 AM   #29
mkoesel

Drives: 2015 Felt IA2

Quote:
Originally Posted by msquaredserver View Post
on that note, i dont want to change the topic of this thread, but...
Are you sure? Because it sound like you do, lol.

Quote:
is the e92 (at rougly $70k with options) worth the extra $30k than a CPO e46 (like an 04, i just stopped by the dealership on my way to work this morning and was looking at those beauties) at like $40k? if anyone has any ideas, i'd be more than glad to listen. thanks a lot again all!
Just MHO, but there are better buys than an E46 M3 in the 40k price range. And personally I'd do a private sale if I were going to get one now anyway and save $20k. But 40k I think I'd rather be in an EVO, a 135i or a 335i.