BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

E92 Lighting
View Poll Results: Do loyal Bushies share his intelligence?
Same 7 26.92%
Smarter 9 34.62%
Way dumber 10 38.46%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

05-18-2008, 05:14 PM   #1
e90im
Brigadier General

Drives: f30

POLL! Do loyal Bushies share his intelligence?

After $1T war, $4/gallon gas, Osama well and alive after what he did to us on 9-11, G. Dub still has supporters...
Attached Images

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
e90im is online now   United_States
      05-18-2008, 06:16 PM   #2
FirstClass
Brigadier General

Drives: 328xi

Ah yes, clearly it has absolutely nothing to do with supply and demand or speculation that oil is as high as it is. Did you ever take an economics class in college? China's crude imports quintupled or something like that over the past 5 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
      05-18-2008, 07:11 PM   #3
Solonng
Captain

Drives: Monacco Blue 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
Ah yes, clearly it has absolutely nothing to do with supply and demand or speculation that oil is as high as it is. Did you ever take an economics class in college? China's crude imports quintupled or something like that over the past 5 years.
lol, i think that you're making it too hard for the original poster to understand.
      05-19-2008, 08:48 AM   #4
flyinb501
Lieutenant

Drives: G35 Coupe, Dodge Ram

The reason gas prices are so high is because of the crazy liberal extremists like e90im. They do not want us to become energy independant, and will not let us drill and refine our own oil.
      05-19-2008, 09:00 AM   #5
LuisBoston
Major

Drives: '13 128i 6mt m-sport

Garage List
2007 328xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinb501 View Post
The reason gas prices are so high is because of the crazy liberal extremists like e90im. They do not want us to become energy independant, and will not let us drill and refine our own oil.
Actually, drilling in, say, ANWR may produce a few months worth of oil and would not be ready to be extracted for several years. Exactly how will that make us energy independent. The real reason is that people don't want to conserve.
      05-19-2008, 09:48 AM   #6
fedinand
Major

Drives: '11 X3, '11 GTI

Quote:
Oh, really? It has nothing to do with greedy gas companies making record profits...and still getting Gov't welfare (I mean subsidies).
fedinand is offline   United_States
      05-19-2008, 09:52 AM   #7
LuisBoston
Major

Garage List
2007 328xi  [0.00]
I actually think the major of Mr. 27%'s supporters are dumber than he is. I think he is doing exactly what he has intended to do - grow the profits of the military industrial sector and oil companies. The only smarter ones are those who have pocketed the cash from our trillion dollar adventure in Iraq.

Btw - I love how the Saudis basically told Bush to go F-himself when he asked them to turn up the spigots.
      05-19-2008, 10:18 AM   #8
Mr.Metak2you
Brigadier General

Drives: LEXUS LS(DailyDriver)
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwr'

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedinand View Post
Oh, really? It has nothing to do with greedy gas companies making record profits...and still getting Gov't welfare (I mean subsidies).
Greedy? You guys who believe this are so naive! Yes the profits are setting records, but this is because we are using more than ever(DEMAND!). Exxon turned a 15% profit last quarter, this falls somewhere in the middle of all Fortune 500 companies. That means that there are some 250 companies that were more evil and greedy. OMG! The fact is, these companies have a resposibilty to thier shareholders. I am guessing you don't have stocks in any company, so you would'nt understand that.
      05-19-2008, 10:28 AM   #9
fedinand
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Metak View Post
Greedy? You guys who believe this are so naive! Yes the profits are setting records, but this is because we are using more than ever(DEMAND!). Exxon turned a 15% profit last quarter, this falls somewhere in the middle of all Fortune 500 companies. That means that there are some 250 companies that were more evil and greedy. OMG! The fact is, these companies have a resposibilty to thier shareholders. I am guessing you don't have stocks in any company, so you would'nt understand that.
I watched that interview - did you miss the part where he says I'm paid to get record prifits? My responsibility is to my shareholders? My point is why do they do not need Gov't subsidies. You Repubs are all about no welfare...except when it benefits big business - BTW you know nothing of my portfolio...but go ahead and keep talking like you....its amusing.
      05-19-2008, 10:49 AM   #10
Mr.Metak2you
Brigadier General

Garage List
Quote:
I watched that interview - did you miss the part where he says I'm paid to get record prifits? My responsibility is to my shareholders? My point is why do they do not need Gov't subsidies. You Repubs are all about no welfare...except when it benefits big business - BTW you know nothing of my portfolio...but go ahead and keep talking like you....its amusing.
First, I doubt he said 'prifits'. Secondly, I am not a Republican and I absolutely did NOT vote for Bush. The issue I had is with the word 'greedy'. I think subsidies are a big problem. The government gives subsidies to alot of companies including the airplane industry. The difference is, these welfare programs (as you call them) to big companies provide thousands of jobs to Americans. However, the many individuals who abuse what welfare programs were intended to do, provide no jobs for anyone.
      05-19-2008, 10:59 AM   #11
fedinand
Major

Quote:
First, I doubt he said 'prifits'. Secondly, I am not a Republican and I absolutely did NOT vote for Bush. The issue I had is with the word 'greedy'. I think subsidies are a big problem. The government gives subsidies to alot of companies including the airplane industry. The difference is, these welfare programs (as you call them) to big companies provide thousands of jobs to Americans. However, the many individuals who abuse what welfare programs were intended to do, provide no jobs for anyone.
If you have to comment on my spelling, you are pretty petty (did I speel thet write). Did you listen to the portion of the interview where he had nothing to say about working people being forced to buy gas to get to work or for their work? Not many other fortune 500 companies have a product that the working class absolutely needs...and when they raise their prices to achieve these "record profits" - they are putting many people out of work (it was actually nice he felt bad for those truckers ). You mention subsidies for airlines...did you want to expand on that?... because I see no correlation except they are now getting screwed w/ the record profits from the Gas companies also - just like the working folks.
      05-19-2008, 11:29 AM   #12
Mr.Metak2you
Brigadier General

Garage List
Quote:
If you have to comment on my spelling, you are pretty petty (did I speel thet write). Did you listen to the portion of the interview where he had nothing to say about working people being forced to buy gas to get to work or for their work? Not many other fortune 500 companies have a product that the working class absolutely needs...and when they raise their prices to achieve these "record profits" - they are putting many people out of work (it was actually nice he felt bad for those truckers ). You mention subsidies for airlines...did you want to expand on that?... because I see no correlation except they are now getting screwed w/ the record profits from the Gas companies also - just like the working folks.
Not going to get into a pissing match with you as far as intelligence is concerned, your posts speak volumes. If 15% profit is TOO much profit, what would be fair according to you? Lets let fedinand determine what is fair. I don't like the fact that gasoline is approaching 5$/gal, but if I was in a position where I might be losing my job because of it, I would definately change my proirities. For example, I would cancel my cell phone, cable and internets, all adding up to $250 per month. Thats alot of gas with just 3 items! I am sure I could find more ways to ensure I wouldn't lose my job. If it makes you feel better in your own simple mind, to believe that gas prices are the result of Bush and greedy oil companies, than more power to you.
ps. as far as airlines or any companies for that matter are concerned, I believe if they are run inefficiently, it is NOT the governments repsonsiblty to bale them out.
      05-19-2008, 11:49 AM   #13
fedinand
Major

Quote:
Not going to get into a pissing match with you as far as intelligence is concerned, your posts speak volumes. If 15% profit is TOO much profit, what would be fair according to you? Lets let fedinand determine what is fair. I don't like the fact that gasoline is approaching 5$/gal, but if I was in a position where I might be losing my job because of it, I would definately change my proirities. For example, I would cancel my cell phone, cable and internets, all adding up to $250 per month. Thats alot of gas with just 3 items! I am sure I could find more ways to ensure I wouldn't lose my job. If it makes you feel better in your own simple mind, to believe that gas prices are the result of Bush and greedy oil companies, than more power to you.
ps. as far as airlines or any companies for that matter are concerned, I believe if they are run inefficiently, it is NOT the governments repsonsiblty to bale them out.
Thank you for showing me how far removed you are from the working poor. What makes you think people have cell phones or cable or the internet? These are luxuries to a lot of people. Priorities for a lot of folks would be daycare or food - both of which are impacted when you have to pay 4-5 bucks for gas to get to your job(s). Since you need the job (hence daycare), often the choice will be food (and no it isn't steak and beer). You are talking from your perspective where you are comfortable and have a few luxuries - many people have nothing close to what you take for granted. Your easy answer isn't even possible to a lot of people. That is my point - you have no clue what the working poor go through...you can only imagine...and unfortunately, judging from your posts, that is heavily impacted by your own bias and ignorance.

Last edited by fedinand; 05-19-2008 at 12:34 PM. Reason: speeling for those who are not smart enough to figure it out
      05-19-2008, 12:10 PM   #14
FirstClass
Brigadier General

Quote:
Thank you for showing me how far removed you are from the working poor. What makes you think people have cell phones or cable or the internet? These are luxuries to a lot of people. Priorities for a lot of folks would be daycare or food - both of which are impacted when you have to pay 4-5 bucks for gas to get to your job(s). Since you need the job (hence daycare), often the choice will be food (and no it isn't steak and beer). You are talking from your perspective where you are comfortable and have a few luxuries - many people have nothing close to what you take for granted. Your easy answer isn't even possible to a lot of people. That is my point - you have no clue what the working poor go through...you can only imagine...and unfortunately, judging from your posts, that is heavily impacted my your own bias and ignorance.
Private transportation is a luxury. If you can't afford it take the bus. Monthly bus passes cost as much as 1-2 tanks of gas. Additionally, if they can't afford gas maybe people should do what they do it Europe and drive really small cars with very small engines. People whine about gas prices but still want to drive a huge SUV with 300+hp.

Quote:
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
      05-19-2008, 12:11 PM   #15
flyinb501
Lieutenant

Drives: G35 Coupe, Dodge Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by lem144 View Post
Actually, drilling in, say, ANWR may produce a few months worth of oil and would not be ready to be extracted for several years. Exactly how will that make us energy independent. The real reason is that people don't want to conserve.

Few months? Nice try... Try 5 years if we didn't import any other oil, but we still would. Yes it would take a few years until we actually saw that oil, which is why we should do it ASAP. We'd have it right now, and we'd be paying $2/ gallon if Bill Clinton wouldn't have squashed it back when he was our president.

Of coure ppl want to conserve. Nobody likes paying for gas. Cars are only getting more efficient, and more more ppl are getting rid of there trucks and suv's for more efficient vehicles. The fact is, we need to increase our supply instead of just depending on a country that hates us to get our oil from.
      05-19-2008, 12:13 PM   #16
Mr.Metak2you
Brigadier General

Garage List
Quote:
Thank you for showing me how far removed you are from the working poor. What makes you think people have cell phones or cable or the internet? ........many people have nothing close to what you take for granted. Your easy answer isn't even possible to a lot of people. That is my point - you have no clue what the working poor go through...you can only imagine...and unfortunately, judging from your posts, that is heavily impacted my your own bias and ignorance.
As poor imigrants who grew up up with very little, all I have to say to you is FO. We didn't even have enough money to buy a vacuum. I remeber sweeping the rug as a little kid. Am I going to feel guilty because I am doing well? Hell no, I even had to go through the effin Carter depression. We took buses and rode bikes in Chicago to get to work. So help me understand what you are saying, is it MY? or YOUR? biases and ignorance that is being impacted....HUH? I know English is a secnd language for me but you are very difficult to understand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
Private transportation is a luxury. If you can't afford it take the bus. Monthly bus passes cost as much as 1-2 tanks of gas. Additionally, if they can't afford gas maybe people should do what they do it Europe and drive really small cars with very small engines. People whine about gas prices but still want to drive a huge SUV with 300+hp.
+1000
      05-19-2008, 12:17 PM   #17
FirstClass
Brigadier General

Quote:
Few months? Nice try... Try 5 years if we didn't import any other oil, but we still would. Yes it would take a few years until we actually saw that oil, which is why we should do it ASAP. We'd have it right now, and we'd be paying $2/ gallon if Bill Clinton wouldn't have squashed it back when he was our president.
I'm of the opinion we should not be doing new drilling at all on US soil and/or limit it severely. When the world runs out of oil, I'd rather be the only country with some left than pay slightly lower prices now.

Quote:
      05-19-2008, 12:24 PM   #18
LuisBoston
Major

Garage List
2007 328xi  [0.00]
Quote:

Of coure ppl want to conserve. Nobody likes paying for gas. Cars are only getting more efficient, and more more ppl are getting rid of there trucks and suv's for more efficient vehicles. The fact is, we need to increase our supply instead of just depending on a country that hates us to get our oil from.
No they aren't. The avg today is maybe 1mpg better than it was 20 years ago. All that's happened is the engines have gotten bigger.

Republicans couldn't get it passed either. Don't just blame Clinton. And it wouldn't be $2/gallon - you know how expensive that oil is to get?
      05-19-2008, 12:33 PM   #19
fedinand
Major

Quote:
As poor imigrants who grew up up with very little, all I have to say to you is FO. We didn't even have enough money to buy a vacuum. I remeber sweeping the rug as a little kid. Am I going to feel guilty because I am doing well? Hell no, I even had to go through the effin Carter depression. We took buses and rode bikes in Chicago to get to work. So help me understand what you are saying, is it MY? or YOUR? biases and ignorance that is being impacted....HUH? I know English is a secnd language for me but you are very difficult to understand.
No need to feel bad for doing well - you go boy!

Struck a nerve I see....maybe I need to stop typing so quickly, as I see my spelling is the only thing you have. Its your ignorance and bias btw - anyone who offers solutions that aren't possible for the folks I'm talking about because thats how they would deal with saving 250 (sounds like thats chump change to you - since it would be so easy and painless for you to forgo those neccessities....I mean luxuries) is at the least not a great debator...I'll leave it at that. The folks I'm talking about do ride buses when they can...now they are raising the fares to reflect the gas prices. Some folks work away from the City and riding the bus is not a possisbility - and bikes...well that would be another example of a luxury that many people don't have. Sounds like your poor upbringing and the poor folks I am talking about are not very similar at all...and I'll FO when I want to - not when you tell me to.

Last edited by fedinand; 05-19-2008 at 12:56 PM.
      05-22-2008, 01:01 PM   #20
dr335is
Brigadier General

Drives: GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90im View Post
After $1T war, $4/gallon gas, Osama well and alive after what he did to us on 9-11, G. Dub still has supporters...
Please define "DUMBER" option.
I fail to understand how does that apply to a human?
      05-22-2008, 01:55 PM   #21
fedinand
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
Please define "DUMBER" option.
I fail to understand how does that apply to a human?
Think hockey helmets and bibs....(I kid I kid)
      05-22-2008, 02:27 PM   #22
vachss
Captain

Drives: Z4 Coupe

One thing I learned long ago - there are VERY smart people on both sides of the fence, and any of us would be fools to assume those on the other side are inferior.

That said, even in the face of the breathtaking incompetence of this administration, there are many strong reasons to support the Bush side. If you are rich and want to make sure that nothing stands in the way of your continued acquisition of wealth then the blindly pro-business, anti-regulation approach of the Republicans clearly is in your own self-interest - albeit of the most narrowest and most short term variety.

There are some very smart people that buy into this Gordon Gekko-esque mindset. By and large they're far richer than I and I despise their selfishness. However, I would never underestimate their intelligence.