BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
GTB Performance
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-15-2008, 08:54 PM   #23
Taittinger
Major
Taittinger's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
1,019
Posts

 
Drives: Monaco Blue E92
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 335i Cpe  [0.00]
One of his friends mentioned booking Pole Position Raceway. Anyone have any experience? It seems pretty cool from the website.
__________________


'07 Monaco Blue 335i ordered 9/4 built 9/21 shipped 9/28 arrived 10/12 at dealership 10/18 vroom 10/19 christened 11/3...
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2008, 09:12 PM   #24
number335
Second Lieutenant
number335's Avatar
5
Rep
255
Posts

 
Drives: E92 Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

You are looking at close to $600 -$700 for bottle service at a decent club for a group. It's had to get away with less than that when you include tip and extra drinks. I typically expect a bill close to 1k.
If you are with a group of guys and don't get bottle service and you don't mind paying extra to get into a club, look for girls at the end of the line and pick them out. The girls will go with you if they can get into the front of the line...plus you may get lucky with them if you get them in. What you do is tip the bouncers $20 for each person to get into the club. You will prob have to pay an extra $20 for the club entry fee. So expect each guy to pay $60 each to get in (or $80 if you are a baller and pay for the girls entry fee too). If you don't do this, expect a 2-3 hr wait in line.
Or if you don't have any money, hang out at the Peppermill.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2008, 02:42 AM   #25
lvwirelessguy
Captain
United_States
14
Rep
954
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3, 2012 Golf TDI
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: 702

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2005 M3  [0.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to lvwirelessguy
SW Steakhouse @ Wynn

Best steakhouse in Vegas. Period!
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2008, 06:48 AM   #26
dimisa1977
Major
dimisa1977's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
1,141
Posts

 
Drives: BMW Specialist (exhaust)
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: USA

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
2008 BMW  [0.00]
WYNN

Penske/Wynn Ferrari and Mas Dealership FTW
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2008, 07:38 AM   #27
mpimping
Banned
South Korea
54
Rep
337
Posts

 
Drives: gti
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: ny,ny

iTrader: (0)

maybe red rock? google las vegas advisor
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2008, 10:11 AM   #28
b335i
First Lieutenant
b335i's Avatar
3
Rep
386
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 e92 335i, 2012 f10 535i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: socal

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taittinger View Post
One of his friends mentioned booking Pole Position Raceway. Anyone have any experience? It seems pretty cool from the website.
Pole position is fun! The owners and founders live in my area. For a group of guys, it would definitely be fun! Another thing to look into is doing the indoor skydiving, its fun especially after a few beers but kind of pricey!
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2008, 01:11 PM   #29
Vegas_Sirk
Its All About The Offset
Vegas_Sirk's Avatar
United_States
154
Rep
3,544
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Where you come to vacation and go home on probation: Vegas

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Vegas_Sirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taittinger View Post
One of his friends mentioned booking Pole Position Raceway. Anyone have any experience? It seems pretty cool from the website.
Ton of fun just was there this week
__________________

AKA M3This (changed my user name ) | M3 Build Thread | E61 Build Thread
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2008, 01:14 PM   #30
Vegas_Sirk
Its All About The Offset
Vegas_Sirk's Avatar
United_States
154
Rep
3,544
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Where you come to vacation and go home on probation: Vegas

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Vegas_Sirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by number335 View Post
You are looking at close to $600 -$700 for bottle service at a decent club for a group. It's had to get away with less than that when you include tip and extra drinks. I typically expect a bill close to 1k.
If you are with a group of guys and don't get bottle service and you don't mind paying extra to get into a club, look for girls at the end of the line and pick them out. The girls will go with you if they can get into the front of the line...plus you may get lucky with them if you get them in. What you do is tip the bouncers $20 for each person to get into the club. You will prob have to pay an extra $20 for the club entry fee. So expect each guy to pay $60 each to get in (or $80 if you are a baller and pay for the girls entry fee too). If you don't do this, expect a 2-3 hr wait in line.
Or if you don't have any money, hang out at the Peppermill.
9 guys is going to be more then $600-700. Typically figure 1 bottle per 3 people (some clubs will push for 1 bottle per 2 people) ... averge bottle at a club is $300-$600 each .. + tip. If your lucky you can find a host that will do 2 for 1 and get away with 2 bottles. My friend Erik can sometimes hook that up at Body English.
__________________

AKA M3This (changed my user name ) | M3 Build Thread | E61 Build Thread
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2008, 06:31 PM   #31
Aija
Captain
7
Rep
687
Posts

 
Drives: 335Coupe 6-Speed!
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: California, Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

oh wow..after reading this... im getting worried about the bar scene as well... we got 3guys (maybe 4) and 2ladies.....going.... this will be interesting....ill be going on the 29th
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2008, 06:35 PM   #32
Scottz71
Colonel
Scottz71's Avatar
United_States
30
Rep
2,570
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NoVA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 335i (e92)  [1.00]
Send a message via AIM to Scottz71
As far as clubs go, Rain at Palms, Pure at Ceasar's, JET at Mirage, RUM Jungle at Manadaly, and Body English at Hard Rock are probably your best bets for lots of girls, average to somewhat expensive bottle service/semi-private and VIPs...sure the lines get a little long, but just make friends with a casino host early on, drop a few hundreds on the tables (win or lose) and then turn it into getting a hook up...maybe you're not the kind of baller that gets comp'd on the night, but you'll get in quickly and should get some decent service.

Vegas is expensive...to really "do vegas" you've got to drop the coin...just being honest. I have been lucky enough to have some high-rolling friends and just rode around their coat-tails enjoying the VIP life for a while...but I can tell you it can be done.

As for steakhouses, I have to agree Delmonico @ Venetian is the best in Vegas. I'd recommend Aureole at Mandalay for the wine/cuisine type experience, Mesa Grill at Ceasar's for southwestern food, and Shinsei at Bellagio for Seafood/Asian fusion.

Vegas isn't just dance clubs and bottle service, nor is it just strip clubs either...there's so much to do in that town that everyone usually goes home happy...my favorite thing really is people watching...whether it be at a bar, club, lounge, the blackjack and poker tables...there's so many attractive people, total train wrecks, obvious hookers, wanna be ballers, and celebs too...there's just something for everyone...

Most of all...have fun...you really only live once...
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2008, 06:36 PM   #33
Scottz71
Colonel
Scottz71's Avatar
United_States
30
Rep
2,570
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NoVA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 335i (e92)  [1.00]
Send a message via AIM to Scottz71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aija View Post
oh wow..after reading this... im getting worried about the bar scene as well... we got 3guys (maybe 4) and 2ladies.....going.... this will be interesting....ill be going on the 29th
also of note...one of my buddies sister-in-law works in the alcohol distribution industry and serves the many bars, lounges, and such exclusively for MGM Mirage properties...I could drop her your info if it'd help...
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2008, 05:42 AM   #34
hakaida442
First Lieutenant
hakaida442's Avatar
3
Rep
371
Posts

 
Drives: 11 Porsche 911 Carrera GTS
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3This View Post
Craft Steak is the the WORST and most OVERPRICED steak house in town. Delmonico's in the Venetian is by far superior to pretty much anything in town.
delmonicos suck and is overrated. people go there just because it's owned by emeril. the wagyu at craftsteak is way better.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2008, 06:45 AM   #35
gonzo
Brigadier General
gonzo's Avatar
United_States
132
Rep
4,994
Posts

 
Drives: as many as possible
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TeXXXas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottz71 View Post
As far as clubs go, Rain at Palms, Pure at Ceasar's, JET at Mirage, RUM Jungle at Manadaly, and Body English at Hard Rock are probably your best bets for lots of girls, average to somewhat expensive bottle service/semi-private and VIPs...sure the lines get a little long, but just make friends with a casino host early on, drop a few hundreds on the tables (win or lose) and then turn it into getting a hook up...maybe you're not the kind of baller that gets comp'd on the night, but you'll get in quickly and should get some decent service.

Vegas is expensive...to really "do vegas" you've got to drop the coin...just being honest. I have been lucky enough to have some high-rolling friends and just rode around their coat-tails enjoying the VIP life for a while...but I can tell you it can be done.

As for steakhouses, I have to agree Delmonico @ Venetian is the best in Vegas. I'd recommend Aureole at Mandalay for the wine/cuisine type experience, Mesa Grill at Ceasar's for southwestern food, and Shinsei at Bellagio for Seafood/Asian fusion.

Vegas isn't just dance clubs and bottle service, nor is it just strip clubs either...there's so much to do in that town that everyone usually goes home happy...my favorite thing really is people watching...whether it be at a bar, club, lounge, the blackjack and poker tables...there's so many attractive people, total train wrecks, obvious hookers, wanna be ballers, and celebs too...there's just something for everyone...

Most of all...have fun...you really only live once...
We were downtown losing money and drinking a lot. Coming out of the bathroom there was a young couple. The girl was looking out at the casino floor saying "I can't believe this". The guy was banging his head on the wall saying "I f'ng hate Vegas, I f'ng hate Vegas". I will never forget that moment.
No when to say when....The house ALWAYS wins, eventually! We hit a few strip clubs and the girls were a bit disappointing. One word for the Hard Rock pool scene...Hedonism if you just half ass have some game.
I'll be back. I left $5,000 laying all over the casinos last time.

Advice: LEAVE YOUR PLASTIC AT HOME. Set your budget with cash/travelers checks. If you like to gamble anyway.

Enjoy!
__________________
Crazy Diamond

Last edited by gonzo; 05-17-2008 at 07:04 AM.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2008, 08:06 AM   #36
darkcloud
Colonel
darkcloud's Avatar
United_States
76
Rep
2,387
Posts

 
Drives: 09 VW JSW
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: cleveland, oh

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to darkcloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Advice: LEAVE YOUR PLASTIC AT HOME. Set your budget with cash/travelers checks. If you like to gamble anyway.

Enjoy!
Best advice there. Figure out what you want to spend daily then either do a check system or get cash and put the daily amount you want to spend in several days increments(how many days you're staying). If you don't spend 1 days full amount you can carry it over or pocket it so you don't leave a gapping hole in your wallet haha.

Def. don't even think of going to your plastic, unless you piss gold that is

It's best to have a strategy of what you want to spend or you'll drop more then you'll want to cuz everything is expensive.
__________________

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2008, 11:59 AM   #37
number335
Second Lieutenant
number335's Avatar
5
Rep
255
Posts

 
Drives: E92 Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

+1 I hardly even gamble anymore because of that. I used to play craps, holdem, black jack, mini bacarat, roulet and realized the rush of winning money was no longer there for me. Most of the time I would end up forking money over to the casinos. Now I just go to Vegas for the resturaunts and night life. If I have to kill time during the day I jump on a poker table or hang out at the pool.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 11:41 AM   #38
Vegas_Sirk
Its All About The Offset
Vegas_Sirk's Avatar
United_States
154
Rep
3,544
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Where you come to vacation and go home on probation: Vegas

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Vegas_Sirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakaida442 View Post
delmonicos suck and is overrated. people go there just because it's owned by emeril. the wagyu at craftsteak is way better.
your nuts ....I could care less about Emeril or any "celb chef" ... I have a friend intown who is a food critic and he'll agree with me the Craft steak is waaaay over priced and the service sux and food is even worst.
__________________

AKA M3This (changed my user name ) | M3 Build Thread | E61 Build Thread
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 12:13 PM   #39
hakaida442
First Lieutenant
hakaida442's Avatar
3
Rep
371
Posts

 
Drives: 11 Porsche 911 Carrera GTS
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3This View Post
your nuts ....I could care less about Emeril or any "celb chef" ... I have a friend intown who is a food critic and he'll agree with me the Craft steak is waaaay over priced and the service sux and food is even worst.
Does delmonicos have A5? Nope. delmonicos is on par with smith on wollensky which isn't saying much. And I know a restaurant owner that has interests in two gourmet restaurants on the strip that would agree with me as thats where we go to have our business meetings.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 12:21 PM   #40
Vegas_Sirk
Its All About The Offset
Vegas_Sirk's Avatar
United_States
154
Rep
3,544
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Where you come to vacation and go home on probation: Vegas

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Vegas_Sirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakaida442 View Post
Does delmonicos have A5? Nope. delmonicos is on par with smith on wollensky which isn't saying much. And I know a restaurant owner that has interests in two gourmet restaurants on the strip that would agree with me as thats where we go to have our business meetings.
Well your the first person I have know that would say that out of about 200 people I know who have eaten at both.

Also because your friend is a restaurant owner doesn't make his opion worth any more then anyone else's. If you like paying too much for some more rare options in meets that really doesnt taste any better then so called "lesser" cuts then by all means go to Craft Steak. The average person will find Delmonicos superior in taste and service.
__________________

AKA M3This (changed my user name ) | M3 Build Thread | E61 Build Thread
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 12:32 PM   #41
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
MadDog's Avatar
United_States
14
Rep
504
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 325i
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: S.F. Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 325i  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
We were downtown losing money and drinking a lot. Coming out of the bathroom there was a young couple. The girl was looking out at the casino floor saying "I can't believe this". The guy was banging his head on the wall saying "I f'ng hate Vegas, I f'ng hate Vegas". I will never forget that moment.
No when to say when....The house ALWAYS wins, eventually! We hit a few strip clubs and the girls were a bit disappointing. One word for the Hard Rock pool scene...Hedonism if you just half ass have some game.
I'll be back. I left $5,000 laying all over the casinos last time.

Advice: LEAVE YOUR PLASTIC AT HOME. Set your budget with cash/travelers checks. If you like to gamble anyway.

Enjoy!

Used to live in Vegas and saw that happen more than once.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 12:34 PM   #42
hakaida442
First Lieutenant
hakaida442's Avatar
3
Rep
371
Posts

 
Drives: 11 Porsche 911 Carrera GTS
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3This View Post
Well your the first person I have know that would say that out of about 200 people I know who have eaten at both.

Also because your friend is a restaurant owner doesn't make his opion worth any more then anyone else's. If you like paying too much for some more rare options in meets that really doesnt taste any better then so called "lesser" cuts then by all means go to Craft Steak. The average person will find Delmonicos superior in taste and service.
200 people that have eaten at both? riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggggggghhht
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 12:50 PM   #43
number335
Second Lieutenant
number335's Avatar
5
Rep
255
Posts

 
Drives: E92 Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

I've only been to Craftsteak once and it was 3 yrs ago. I thought the food and service there was top notch and worth the price. Not sure how it is now, but I would recommend the place based off of my experience.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 01:11 PM   #44
Vegas_Sirk
Its All About The Offset
Vegas_Sirk's Avatar
United_States
154
Rep
3,544
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Where you come to vacation and go home on probation: Vegas

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Vegas_Sirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakaida442 View Post
200 people that have eaten at both? riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggggggghhht
Umm you forget I LIVE in Vegas ...

shit I can name around 75 fraternity brothers that have eaten there alone
__________________

AKA M3This (changed my user name ) | M3 Build Thread | E61 Build Thread
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:53 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST