BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion
 
Racewerkz Engineering
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-05-2008, 01:03 PM   #45
ganeil
Colonel
 
ganeil's Avatar
 
Drives: 328i Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Georgia

Posts: 2,050
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG View Post
You can play with logic in abstract terms as long as it pleases you, but in a political context a tainted source will likely produce tainted information. Moreover, if you have no way to verify the accuracy of the information other than relying on its the source, the credibility, reliability, and general reputation of that source becomes paramount. It's kinda similar to admissibility of scientific evidence.
Everything on the list provided can easily be independently verified.
__________________
_____________

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
ganeil is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-05-2008, 01:21 PM   #46
dr335is
Brigadier General
 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 4,973
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
Everything on the list provided can easily be independently verified.
So, then, why did you post that shit in your initial post???
dr335is is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-05-2008, 03:16 PM   #47
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel
 
lyndon_h's Avatar
 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Madagascar

Posts: 1,920
iTrader: (2)

Fact: Valerie Plames husband was outted by the Cheney for exposing the fact that Iraq didn't have WMDs.
lyndon_h is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-05-2008, 03:21 PM   #48
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel
 
lyndon_h's Avatar
 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Madagascar

Posts: 1,920
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320what View Post
whatever the myths, its not black and white but for one fact: it's a stupid war that should have never happpened.


We can talk all day about how Saddam was a bad man. You'll get no argument from me. But the fact is that this war has caused hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqi lives over a "mistake" is not disputable either.
lyndon_h is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-05-2008, 03:53 PM   #49
ganeil
Colonel
 
ganeil's Avatar
 
Drives: 328i Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Georgia

Posts: 2,050
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndon_h View Post
Fact: Valerie Plames husband was outted by the Cheney for exposing the fact that Iraq didn't have WMDs.
Fact: Valerie Plame was "outed" by Richard Armitage, an opponent of the war.

Fact: Joe Wilson's trip supported the claim that Iraq attempted to obtain uranium from Niger.

Fact: Iraq did have WMD.
__________________
_____________

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
ganeil is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-05-2008, 06:59 PM   #50
dr335is
Brigadier General
 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 4,973
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post

Fact: Iraq did have WMD.
So did we. And we still do.
And we use it all over the world
And we killed (1945) at least 250k INNOCENT people with it, SH used bio/chem weapons to kill a few thousand in his country.

We allow others we like to have (read Israel), and object others we dislike to have. The ones we like may not always play by the rules either (read again -- Israel).

Valerie P. was uncovered by Chaney -- a highly punishable event that went unpunished -- shame for this country.

So, what's your point???
Be realistic once, please!
dr335is is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-05-2008, 08:08 PM   #51
Solonng
Captain
 
Drives: Monacco Blue 335i coupe
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Florida

Posts: 829
iTrader: (0)

No what is your point?
Solonng is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-05-2008, 09:45 PM   #52
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel
 
lyndon_h's Avatar
 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Madagascar

Posts: 1,920
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
Fact: Valerie Plame was "outed" by Richard Armitage, an opponent of the war.

Fact: Joe Wilson's trip supported the claim that Iraq attempted to obtain uranium from Niger.

Fact: Iraq did have WMD.
Richard Novak states that Armitage told him about Plame. But i think we will find out that the push came from Cheney or Bush as this information was declassified by one of them for the very reason to get Plame. The truth will come out in a couple of years.

You are correct about the Uranium piece. Plame found that Iraq DID NOT HAVE URANIUM. This was one of the White House's big arguments and it was shot down easily by Plame. If he could find out the truth, you think the government couldn't?

Both Bush and Cheney have conceded that Iraq had no WMDs, but you claim that they did? Do you think that BushCheney love the taste of crow so much that they would say there were no WMDs where there were?
lyndon_h is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-05-2008, 10:39 PM   #53
ganeil
Colonel
 
ganeil's Avatar
 
Drives: 328i Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Georgia

Posts: 2,050
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndon_h View Post
Richard Novak states that Armitage told him about Plame. But i think we will find out that the push came from Cheney or Bush as this information was declassified by one of them for the very reason to get Plame. The truth will come out in a couple of years.
What information do you believe was declassified?

Quote:
You are correct about the Uranium piece. Plame found that Iraq DID NOT HAVE URANIUM. This was one of the White House's big arguments and it was shot down easily by Plame. If he could find out the truth, you think the government couldn't?
Plame found nothing of the sort. Wilson was sent by the CIA (via his wife) to Niger to investigate whether Iraq had attempted to purchase uranium from Niger. His report confirmed that Iraq had in fact sent a trade delegation to Niger and since Niger has only one thing to trade (uranium), the CIA believed the information he brought make confirmed the reports.

Quote:
Both Bush and Cheney have conceded that Iraq had no WMDs, but you claim that they did? Do you think that BushCheney love the taste of crow so much that they would say there were no WMDs where there were?
Iraq had WMD, they admitted having WMD, they used WMD against the Kurds and Iran. The question remains, what did they do with the stores they admitting to having. The one thing we do know is they were not disposed of under international supervision as required by the ceasefire agreements.
__________________
_____________

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
ganeil is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST