BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Racewerkz Engineering

06-05-2008, 01:03 PM   #45
ganeil
Colonel

Drives: 328i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG View Post
You can play with logic in abstract terms as long as it pleases you, but in a political context a tainted source will likely produce tainted information. Moreover, if you have no way to verify the accuracy of the information other than relying on its the source, the credibility, reliability, and general reputation of that source becomes paramount. It's kinda similar to admissibility of scientific evidence.
Everything on the list provided can easily be independently verified.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
ganeil is offline   United_States
      06-05-2008, 01:21 PM   #46
dr335is
Brigadier General

Drives: GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
Everything on the list provided can easily be independently verified.
So, then, why did you post that shit in your initial post???
      06-05-2008, 03:16 PM   #47
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: e90

Fact: Valerie Plames husband was outted by the Cheney for exposing the fact that Iraq didn't have WMDs.
      06-05-2008, 03:21 PM   #48
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320what View Post
whatever the myths, its not black and white but for one fact: it's a stupid war that should have never happpened.

We can talk all day about how Saddam was a bad man. You'll get no argument from me. But the fact is that this war has caused hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqi lives over a "mistake" is not disputable either.
      06-05-2008, 03:53 PM   #49
ganeil
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndon_h View Post
Fact: Valerie Plames husband was outted by the Cheney for exposing the fact that Iraq didn't have WMDs.
Fact: Valerie Plame was "outed" by Richard Armitage, an opponent of the war.

Fact: Joe Wilson's trip supported the claim that Iraq attempted to obtain uranium from Niger.

Fact: Iraq did have WMD.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
      06-05-2008, 06:59 PM   #50
dr335is
Brigadier General

Drives: GTI

Quote:

So did we. And we still do.
And we use it all over the world
And we killed (1945) at least 250k INNOCENT people with it, SH used bio/chem weapons to kill a few thousand in his country.

We allow others we like to have (read Israel), and object others we dislike to have. The ones we like may not always play by the rules either (read again -- Israel).

Valerie P. was uncovered by Chaney -- a highly punishable event that went unpunished -- shame for this country.

So, what's your point???
Be realistic once, please!
      06-05-2008, 08:08 PM   #51
Solonng
Captain

Drives: Monacco Blue 335i coupe

No what is your point?
      06-05-2008, 09:45 PM   #52
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Fact: Valerie Plame was "outed" by Richard Armitage, an opponent of the war.

Fact: Joe Wilson's trip supported the claim that Iraq attempted to obtain uranium from Niger.

Richard Novak states that Armitage told him about Plame. But i think we will find out that the push came from Cheney or Bush as this information was declassified by one of them for the very reason to get Plame. The truth will come out in a couple of years.

You are correct about the Uranium piece. Plame found that Iraq DID NOT HAVE URANIUM. This was one of the White House's big arguments and it was shot down easily by Plame. If he could find out the truth, you think the government couldn't?

Both Bush and Cheney have conceded that Iraq had no WMDs, but you claim that they did? Do you think that BushCheney love the taste of crow so much that they would say there were no WMDs where there were?
      06-05-2008, 10:39 PM   #53
ganeil
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndon_h View Post
Richard Novak states that Armitage told him about Plame. But i think we will find out that the push came from Cheney or Bush as this information was declassified by one of them for the very reason to get Plame. The truth will come out in a couple of years.
What information do you believe was declassified?

Quote:
You are correct about the Uranium piece. Plame found that Iraq DID NOT HAVE URANIUM. This was one of the White House's big arguments and it was shot down easily by Plame. If he could find out the truth, you think the government couldn't?
Plame found nothing of the sort. Wilson was sent by the CIA (via his wife) to Niger to investigate whether Iraq had attempted to purchase uranium from Niger. His report confirmed that Iraq had in fact sent a trade delegation to Niger and since Niger has only one thing to trade (uranium), the CIA believed the information he brought make confirmed the reports.

Quote:
Both Bush and Cheney have conceded that Iraq had no WMDs, but you claim that they did? Do you think that BushCheney love the taste of crow so much that they would say there were no WMDs where there were?
Iraq had WMD, they admitted having WMD, they used WMD against the Kurds and Iran. The question remains, what did they do with the stores they admitting to having. The one thing we do know is they were not disposed of under international supervision as required by the ceasefire agreements.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i