BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
BPM Sport
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-05-2008, 05:46 PM   #23
valeram
Major
 
Drives: E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dublin, OH

Posts: 1,344
iTrader: (0)

Went for the 19". The 1200 price is a steal.
valeram is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2008, 05:55 PM   #24
dawgdog
Colonel
 
dawgdog's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Porsche GT3RS
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Seattle, Wa.

Posts: 2,140
iTrader: (0)

If you are thinking about it now I guarantee you it will bother you later if you do not get 19". I ordered them because they are a nice wheel and compliment the car. If history repeats itself other wheels will come, but hey they are worth $1200 just for the rubber.
__________________
AW on Fox Red Extended, Alum trim, ZPP, ZTP, DCT, 19" wheels, Heated front seats, HD radio, Sat radio, I-pod & usb, Premium sound, AP racing BBK, 18 Volk Racing TE 37s, Akrapovic Evolution exhaust, AST suspension
dawgdog is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2008, 06:18 PM   #25
reinaldo335
First Lieutenant
 
reinaldo335's Avatar
 
Drives: m3 ZCP 6MT, on order 09 m3 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: puerto rico

Posts: 351
iTrader: (0)

19
reinaldo335 is offline   Puerto Rico
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2008, 06:43 PM   #26
rai
Captain
 
rai's Avatar
 
Drives: M3 coupe with DCT
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: maryland

Posts: 640
iTrader: (0)

I do not know what you guys are talking about the 19" being a steal. That's $1200 for the upgrade, you still pay for the 18" (in the base price of the car)

you are paying $300 (extra) per wheel which is OK but not a steal (IMO)

Say the 18"ers cost $2000 for the set (est) then the 19"ers would be $3200 (since you pay for the difference) it's not like getting a set of 19" wheels for $1200.

I got the 18" to save some money will go to a set of wheels for winter tires.

IMO there is very little performance difference between 18" and 19" wheels both have the same tread width, one inch of sidewall won't hurt performance much if any. Many cars do quite well with smaller diameter wheels, IMO hi-profile are mostly for looks.

If you want performance look for the lightest wheels and these two sets weigh around the same.
rai is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2008, 08:26 PM   #27
HotLap
First Lieutenant
 
HotLap's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3 Vert / 535i Twin turbo
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SoCal

Posts: 376
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rai View Post
I do not know what you guys are talking about the 19" being a steal. That's $1200 for the upgrade, you still pay for the 18" (in the base price of the car)

you are paying $300 (extra) per wheel which is OK but not a steal (IMO)

Say the 18"ers cost $2000 for the set (est) then the 19"ers would be $3200 (since you pay for the difference) it's not like getting a set of 19" wheels for $1200.

I got the 18" to save some money will go to a set of wheels for winter tires.

IMO there is very little performance difference between 18" and 19" wheels both have the same tread width, one inch of sidewall won't hurt performance much if any. Many cars do quite well with smaller diameter wheels, IMO hi-profile are mostly for looks.

If you want performance look for the lightest wheels and these two sets weigh around the same.
raj - I think what most of us are saying is that if you went with the 18" then wanted 19" after you bought the car - a set of aftermarket (or even the factory 19" wheels) and tires would easily cost $4K...so if you are interested in the 19's it will cost you much more than the $1200 to wait and get them later...and factory 18" wheels/tires aren't going to bring you much $$ if you try and sell them - maybe $500 for the set
HotLap is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2008, 09:15 PM   #28
psuwcc112
Lieutenant
 
psuwcc112's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 SSII M3 coupe
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: North CA

Posts: 440
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotLap View Post
raj - I think what most of us are saying is that if you went with the 18" then wanted 19" after you bought the car - a set of aftermarket (or even the factory 19" wheels) and tires would easily cost $4K...so if you are interested in the 19's it will cost you much more than the $1200 to wait and get them later...and factory 18" wheels/tires aren't going to bring you much $$ if you try and sell them - maybe $500 for the set
+1
__________________
psuwcc112 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2008, 09:54 PM   #29
Paladin906
Private First Class
 
Paladin906's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 330i
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Arlington, VA

Posts: 130
iTrader: (0)

I sacrificed comfort for the look and handling of the 19's.
Paladin906 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2008, 10:04 PM   #30
valeram
Major
 
Drives: E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dublin, OH

Posts: 1,344
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotLap View Post
raj - I think what most of us are saying is that if you went with the 18" then wanted 19" after you bought the car - a set of aftermarket (or even the factory 19" wheels) and tires would easily cost $4K...so if you are interested in the 19's it will cost you much more than the $1200 to wait and get them later...and factory 18" wheels/tires aren't going to bring you much $$ if you try and sell them - maybe $500 for the set
+2
Then I can get myself a set of 18" w/ winter tires.
valeram is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2008, 02:27 AM   #31
dbacon
Private
 
Drives: 08 E92 Space Grey / Fox Red
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Westlake Village, CA

Posts: 81
iTrader: (0)

I went with 19s and they look great. but I also like the darker look of the 18s with my Space Grey. Maybe I'll get a set of those on ebay down the line.
dbacon is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2008, 10:13 AM   #32
rai
Captain
 
rai's Avatar
 
Drives: M3 coupe with DCT
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: maryland

Posts: 640
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotLap View Post
raj - I think what most of us are saying is that if you went with the 18" then wanted 19" after you bought the car - a set of aftermarket (or even the factory 19" wheels) and tires would easily cost $4K...so if you are interested in the 19's it will cost you much more than the $1200 to wait and get them later...and factory 18" wheels/tires aren't going to bring you much $$ if you try and sell them - maybe $500 for the set
Good point, I should have gone with the 19" however my options were adding up fast.. coupe, metalic paint, technology package, premium package, premium audio, ipod, sat-radio, DCT...

I had to eliminate some options...heated seats, 19" and park assist had to be skipped.

I'll look at picking up a second set of 18" or possible the 19" from a M3 owner since I think they look better than most after market wheels.

I don't think it's possible to get set a 18" for $500 but I'd surely go for that price. Likely they cost $500 per wheel.
rai is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2008, 01:15 PM   #33
HotLap
First Lieutenant
 
HotLap's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3 Vert / 535i Twin turbo
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SoCal

Posts: 376
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rai View Post
Good point, I should have gone with the 19" however my options were adding up fast.. coupe, metalic paint, technology package, premium package, premium audio, ipod, sat-radio, DCT...

I had to eliminate some options...heated seats, 19" and park assist had to be skipped.

I'll look at picking up a second set of 18" or possible the 19" from a M3 owner since I think they look better than most after market wheels.

I don't think it's possible to get set a 18" for $500 but I'd surely go for that price. Likely they cost $500 per wheel.

raj - you might be right...but I'd check out e-bay you may get a better deal than your thinking on the 18's...good luck!
HotLap is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2008, 03:00 PM   #34
SHADY1
Hamann M3 Fan
 
SHADY1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 Jerez Black M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Killeen, Texas

Posts: 2,713
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
Talking Dude just go with the 19inch rims and call it a day

I ordered the 19inch rims because it was the bigger size and I like the look and that option was there. I do plan on putting aftermarket rims on the car no sooner I get the car home the factory rims will come off and collect dust. I already have a set of 20inch aftermarket rims and plan to buy another set of 20inch rims real soon. I don't plan to track the car either. So just get yourself the 19 inch rims and you won't hate yourself later for not doing it.
__________________

JZB,6MT, My mods 360 Forged 20inch wheels,VF650 Supercharger,SPEC Super Twin Disk Clutch,Hamann CF roof spoiler,H&R springs,CF grills,Hamann rear trunk spoiler,Hamann Side Skirts, ARKYM full CF bumper, Gintani Race exhaust, AA X-pipe catless,RPI scoops,AA SSK, Arkym CF Double Sided Vented Hood,Arkym CF rear Diffuser
SHADY1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2008, 09:18 PM   #35
HotLap
First Lieutenant
 
HotLap's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3 Vert / 535i Twin turbo
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SoCal

Posts: 376
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADY1 View Post
I ordered the 19inch rims because it was the bigger size and I like the look and that option was there. I do plan on putting aftermarket rims on the car no sooner I get the car home the factory rims will come off and collect dust. I already have a set of 20inch aftermarket rims and plan to buy another set of 20inch rims real soon. I don't plan to track the car either. So just get yourself the 19 inch rims and you won't hate yourself later for not doing it.
Shady - maybe it's just me...that doesn't make any sense? Why would you pay the extra $1200 for rims you are just going to remove and let collect dust..seems a better option for you would have been to order the 18"s, save the $1200 to put towards your 20"s and leave the 19's for those of us that want them on our M's
HotLap is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2008, 09:37 PM   #36
man02195
Lieutenant
 
man02195's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 M3 M-DCT, SG-status 111
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NC

Posts: 487
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
hehe, i ordered 19īs and will buy some "cheap" ones for the track.
otherway around is also possible(i love the m-19s)
+1, get some nice OZ Ultralegga 18's with Toyo Proxes RA-1's or Nitto NT-01 and you'll be set for the track.
__________________
E90 M3 Sedan | M-DCT | SG | Black Leather | Carbon Leather Trim | Premium | Technology | Enhanced Sound | 19's | Moonroof | Fold Down | Heated | iPod | Parkdist | Sunshade |Week 22 | Just unloaded from Emden | Performance Center Delivery July 17th (Great Experience!)
man02195 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2008, 10:03 PM   #37
kyoshozx
Private First Class
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NYC

Posts: 184
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
I just called the dealer and he brought up a very valid point about 19" wheels. The Tri-state area roads SUCK. So one bad pothole = bye bye rims. He also mentioned that ordering the 19" would bring about the strong possibility of my order being delayed since a previous customer did the same and his car still hasn't been delivered (no further details given on that). So, I guess I DO care about delays

It still feels like I'm reluctantly sticking with the 18s
I live in the tristate area, and I still got the 19inch because I think it looks so much better. Also I was never officially notified of a delay, but I've received my production number for a month before the car was actually built, so maybe there was delay.
kyoshozx is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2008, 06:47 AM   #38
rai
Captain
 
rai's Avatar
 
Drives: M3 coupe with DCT
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: maryland

Posts: 640
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADY1 View Post
I ordered the 19inch rims because it was the bigger size and I like the look and that option was there. I do plan on putting aftermarket rims on the car no sooner I get the car home the factory rims will come off and collect dust. I already have a set of 20inch aftermarket rims and plan to buy another set of 20inch rims real soon. I don't plan to track the car either. So just get yourself the 19 inch rims and you won't hate yourself later for not doing it.
this is the dumbest post evar
rai is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2008, 09:49 AM   #39
SHADY1
Hamann M3 Fan
 
SHADY1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 Jerez Black M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Killeen, Texas

Posts: 2,713
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotLap View Post
Shady - maybe it's just me...that doesn't make any sense? Why would you pay the extra $1200 for rims you are just going to remove and let collect dust..seems a better option for you would have been to order the 18"s, save the $1200 to put towards your 20"s and leave the 19's for those of us that want them on our M's
I really did not mind spending the $1200 I'm military and got a big discount on the M3 anyway. I just wanted my M3 fully loaded 19's was option and I was not feeling the 18's and if I do decide to get rid of the 19 's I would sell them pretty cheap and call it a day.
__________________

JZB,6MT, My mods 360 Forged 20inch wheels,VF650 Supercharger,SPEC Super Twin Disk Clutch,Hamann CF roof spoiler,H&R springs,CF grills,Hamann rear trunk spoiler,Hamann Side Skirts, ARKYM full CF bumper, Gintani Race exhaust, AA X-pipe catless,RPI scoops,AA SSK, Arkym CF Double Sided Vented Hood,Arkym CF rear Diffuser
SHADY1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2008, 11:03 AM   #40
skierman64
Brigadier General
 
skierman64's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 Space Gray M3 & E36M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Greater St Louis Metro area

Posts: 3,068
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
1998 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2008 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to skierman64
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADY1 View Post
I ordered the 19inch rims because it was the bigger size and I like the look and that option was there. I do plan on putting aftermarket rims on the car no sooner I get the car home the factory rims will come off and collect dust. I already have a set of 20inch aftermarket rims and plan to buy another set of 20inch rims real soon. I don't plan to track the car either. So just get yourself the 19 inch rims and you won't hate yourself later for not doing it.
Wow, if you have $1200 that you don't really need, send it my way. I can think of better things to do with $1200 than have it sitting around the car collecting dust.
__________________
Get a professional motorsports full featured stopwatch app for your Blackberry here: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/19464
Invest Wisely...The best mod for your money?? BMWCCA high performance driver's school. The mod that lasts a lifetime and improves the performance of any car you drive
skierman64 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2008, 01:58 PM   #41
SHADY1
Hamann M3 Fan
 
SHADY1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 Jerez Black M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Killeen, Texas

Posts: 2,713
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by skierman64 View Post
Wow, if you have $1200 that you don't really need, send it my way. I can think of better things to do with $1200 than have it sitting around the car collecting dust.
Okay let me take a moment and think about that....... ahhh no thats okay guy.
__________________

JZB,6MT, My mods 360 Forged 20inch wheels,VF650 Supercharger,SPEC Super Twin Disk Clutch,Hamann CF roof spoiler,H&R springs,CF grills,Hamann rear trunk spoiler,Hamann Side Skirts, ARKYM full CF bumper, Gintani Race exhaust, AA X-pipe catless,RPI scoops,AA SSK, Arkym CF Double Sided Vented Hood,Arkym CF rear Diffuser
SHADY1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:27 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST