BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos
 
GT Haus
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-02-2008, 03:06 PM   #23
335xi2k8
First Lieutenant
 
335xi2k8's Avatar
 
Drives: 335
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: -

Posts: 365
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSM 335I View Post
RSX-S Turbo cs. M3 with some sh*t talking


its blocked now at work..but i think i saw that one...i belive the rsx had a cybernations stage 1 turbo..those things can get quick from a roll
335xi2k8 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2008, 03:27 PM   #24
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
 
asdflkijd's Avatar
 
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Seattle, WA

Posts: 5,503
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSM 335I View Post
RSX-S Turbo cs. M3 with some sh*t talking

lol.. who are those kids? they need to shut the hell up and go home, damn hoodlums
asdflkijd is offline   South Korea
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2008, 04:11 PM   #25
08AWM3
Machi
 
08AWM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW Alpine White E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ///M=Machi

Posts: 151
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdflkijd View Post
... hahha

Yeah I just joined RSX forums clubrsx last night to do some research .. Like what everyone said, I guess they can be made pretty fast if you tune it right and invest a lot of money and time. don't forget effort.. anyways, my friend said that the guy with the rsx wanted to do a couple runs against me.. even if hes turbo'd or supercharged, I'm pretty sure I shouldn't have a problem since I'm running a tune. Damn wait a sec... I forgot he has v-tech.......
Just race him already. So he has TELEPHONE??
v-tech = company that makes phones.
vtec = smoke your 335i
__________________
08AWM3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2008, 06:11 PM   #26
SteelTorque
Captain
 
Drives: 08 E92 335xi
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Seattle, WA

Posts: 849
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08AWM3 View Post
Just race him already. So he has TELEPHONE??
v-tech = company that makes phones.
vtec = smoke your 335i
our most famous troll is back
__________________
08 E92 335xi Space Gray 6AT - PROcede V2 12.8 @ 111 mph
SteelTorque is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2008, 06:35 PM   #27
08AWM3
Machi
 
08AWM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW Alpine White E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ///M=Machi

Posts: 151
iTrader: (0)


Yo, you want to explain your definition of troll?!?

I have a BMW and I post on M3post/E90post forum and you call me a troll?

__________________
08AWM3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2008, 06:45 PM   #28
SteelTorque
Captain
 
Drives: 08 E92 335xi
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Seattle, WA

Posts: 849
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08AWM3 View Post

Yo, you want to explain your definition of troll?!?

I have a BMW and I post on M3post/E90post forum and you call me a troll?

Definition of a troll: "a troll is someone who intentionally posts derogatory or otherwise inflammatory messages about sensitive topics with the intention of provoking arguments"....in your case always about the 335.

Example:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136306

any chance you get to attack the 335, due to you own insecurities

so, you are a troll!
__________________
08 E92 335xi Space Gray 6AT - PROcede V2 12.8 @ 111 mph
SteelTorque is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2008, 06:52 PM   #29
08AWM3
Machi
 
08AWM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW Alpine White E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ///M=Machi

Posts: 151
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTorque View Post
Definition of a troll: "a troll is someone who intentionally posts derogatory or otherwise inflammatory messages about sensitive topics with the intention of provoking arguments"....in your case always about the 335.

Example:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136306

any chance you get to attack the 335, due to you own insecurities

so, you are a troll!
Really. That is your def. of a troll.
Anyway, I was not trying to attack any 335s, in fact my wife has an E90 335i and I love that car. I just don't like some of 335i owners bashing about the new M3 thats all. Either your too sensitivity OR I can't express myself well. But your no better, bashing others call "v-tech". Call me a troll all you want, it really don't bother me since I know your def. of a troll is.
__________________
08AWM3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2008, 07:11 PM   #30
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
 
asdflkijd's Avatar
 
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Seattle, WA

Posts: 5,503
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
wtf? you should have just left it at....
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08AWM3 View Post
Really. That is your def. of a troll.
Anyway, I was not trying to attack any 335s, in fact my wife has an E90 335i and I love that car. I just don't like some of 335i owners bashing about the new M3 thats all. Either your too sensitivity OR I can't express myself well.
I would have been fine with that, but after you said...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08AWM3 View Post
But your no better, bashing others call "v-tech". Call me a troll all you want, it really don't bother me since I know your def. of a troll is.
Idiot.. I just lost all the little respect I had for you're ignorant posts, of course we are going to bash on other cars, THIS IS A BMW FORUM go on your m3forum and type in 'm3 vs' in the search box for me, you'd probably get a page of hits relating to the IS-F, MB AMG, etc etc, click on one of those, you will see people bashing other cars, why? BECAUSE ITS A BMW FORUM, M3 TO BE EXACT Don't get me wrong, I'm not calling you a troll, I'm calling you an idiot..

-END RANT.
asdflkijd is offline   South Korea
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2008, 07:13 PM   #31
SteelTorque
Captain
 
Drives: 08 E92 335xi
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Seattle, WA

Posts: 849
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdflkijd View Post
wtf? you should have just left it at....


I would have been fine with that, but after you said...


Idiot.. I just lost all the little respect I had for you're ignorant posts, of course we are going to bash on other cars, THIS IS A BMW FORUM Don't get me wrong, I'm not calling you a troll, I'm calling you an idiot..
-END RANT.
__________________
08 E92 335xi Space Gray 6AT - PROcede V2 12.8 @ 111 mph
SteelTorque is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2008, 07:17 PM   #32
08AWM3
Machi
 
08AWM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW Alpine White E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ///M=Machi

Posts: 151
iTrader: (0)

If personal attack is what you guys good at. then I know this is not the place for me. I will just kick myself out of this forum to make you guys happy. one less troll for you guys.
__________________
08AWM3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2008, 07:20 PM   #33
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
 
asdflkijd's Avatar
 
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Seattle, WA

Posts: 5,503
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08AWM3 View Post
If personal attack is what you guys good at. then I know this is not the place for me. I will just kick myself out of this forum to make you guys happy. one less troll for you guys.
lol, personal attack? I didn't really attack you, I was just answering your question on why we were bashing on vtech, and plus who said we were bashing? last time I checked, everyone was awed by it.. by all means, I respect the M badge and I wish I could afford one, but it just irratates me when people make/ state an argument that doesnt make sense or they can't back up.. that seems to be the problem with our world today......... W/E back on topic.
asdflkijd is offline   South Korea
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2008, 07:25 PM   #34
SteelTorque
Captain
 
Drives: 08 E92 335xi
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Seattle, WA

Posts: 849
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdflkijd View Post
lol, personal attack? I didn't really attack you, I was just answering your question on why we were bashing on vtech, and plus who said we were bashing? last time I checked, everyone was awed by it.. by all means, I respect the M badge and I wish I could afford one, but it just irratates me when people make/ state an argument that doesnt make sense or they can't back up.. that seems to be the problem with our world today......... W/E back on topic.
So, Peter, are you going to ask your "v-tech" buddy to join us at the drag strip next time, or what?

...and tell him not to bring too much "rice" with him
__________________
08 E92 335xi Space Gray 6AT - PROcede V2 12.8 @ 111 mph
SteelTorque is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2008, 07:28 PM   #35
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
 
asdflkijd's Avatar
 
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Seattle, WA

Posts: 5,503
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTorque View Post
So, Peter, are you going to ask your "v-tech" buddy to join us at the drag strip next time, or what?

...and tell him not to bring too much "rice" with him
Yeah, if I can get a hold of him.. I have to ask my friend to ask the dude if he wants to come out and play, I really wouldn't mind, I love all cars except the freakin civics with their fart cans, I don't understand how so much noise can come out of those little things, ... but anyways, we should just put together a freakin PNW drag day.
asdflkijd is offline   South Korea
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2008, 07:46 PM   #36
SteelTorque
Captain
 
Drives: 08 E92 335xi
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Seattle, WA

Posts: 849
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdflkijd View Post
Yeah, if I can get a hold of him.. I have to ask my friend to ask the dude if he wants to come out and play, I really wouldn't mind, I love all cars except the freakin civics with their fart cans, I don't understand how so much noise can come out of those little things, ... but anyways, we should just put together a freakin PNW drag day.
Next Friday looks pretty good. Only 20% chance of raining, as of right now.

We should plan on that.
__________________
08 E92 335xi Space Gray 6AT - PROcede V2 12.8 @ 111 mph
SteelTorque is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2008, 07:52 PM   #37
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
 
asdflkijd's Avatar
 
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Seattle, WA

Posts: 5,503
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTorque View Post
Next Friday looks pretty good. Only 20% chance of raining, as of right now.

We should plan on that.
is that at brem or pac.
asdflkijd is offline   South Korea
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2008, 08:19 PM   #38
SteelTorque
Captain
 
Drives: 08 E92 335xi
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Seattle, WA

Posts: 849
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdflkijd View Post
is that at brem or pac.
Pacific Raceways.


Damn, I should have went today and look at the high school girls cheering for their fellow ricers running 15's.

Maybe I could have came home with one.
__________________
08 E92 335xi Space Gray 6AT - PROcede V2 12.8 @ 111 mph
SteelTorque is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2008, 08:20 PM   #39
DANMACINSD
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 BMW 535i
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: SAN DIEGO

Posts: 324
iTrader: (1)

Dude I wouldn't sweat it, I had the 06 civic si with the comptech, it only put out 235hp, and the torque...well I am embarassed to say. The do put a lot of K24 swaps in cars like that though. I think bone stock a K24 is good for 230 hp. Contrary to what someone wrote, I thought they had very little torque as well, but I could be wrong. I have never heard of a 2.5 l swap though..can't imagine what it would be, unless he punched out a K24.
__________________
13 535i Msport
DANMACINSD is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-04-2008, 10:07 AM   #40
ik999
Lieutenant
 
ik999's Avatar
 
Drives: monacoblau e90 335i
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: markham, ontario

Posts: 499
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTorque View Post
Tell him to come to the drag strip with us.
drag times don't mean diddly

invite him to a track.
ik999 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2008, 09:38 AM   #41
omg516
Colonel Sanders
 
Drives: 07 e90 335i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 572
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to omg516
The dc5 can be made to be quite a track car also. I have both the rsx-s and a 335 and the rsx doesn't really stand a chance stock. But if he seriously does have a k24 block or some type of FI I wouldn't underestimate him, especially if your 335 is stock.
omg516 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2008, 07:19 AM   #42
BSM 335I
Sir Boost-a-Lot
 
BSM 335I's Avatar
 
Drives: E82 135i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: So FLA

Posts: 496
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by omg516 View Post
The dc5 can be made to be quite a track car also. I have both the rsx-s and a 335 and the rsx doesn't really stand a chance stock. But if he seriously does have a k24 block or some type of FI I wouldn't underestimate him, especially if your 335 is stock.
+1. I've owned 2 hondas in the past. @ of them which ran B18c's GSR and Type R and that alone was a strong little motor. The K24 on the other hand is a bit beefier. So slap a couple of bolts ons and k-pro and your in the low to mid 13's already.
BSM 335I is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-04-2008, 11:42 PM   #43
UdubBadger
Banned
 
Drives: '04 330i ZHP
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago Burbs

Posts: 24,716
iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [4.75]
2011 135i  [3.73]
2008 328xi  [4.38]
Quote:
Originally Posted by z4ps View Post
He could have nicely swapped tuned K24 engine.
(If he isnt' BSing).

I wouldnt say he will "smoke" 335I, but would be close or even faster.
Some of nicely modded RSX's are quick.
interesting post. sorry i didn't see it sooner...


I've had 3 Acura's including an 05 RSX type S and I'm a regular on Acurazine (the e90post for Acuras if you don't know).

k24's arent as tuneable engines as most think, they have problems cracking a lot of the engine software that honda has put in the cars the last few years. to this point, unless it's pre '06, the k24's aren't any better than the k20's stock, but the k20's respond better to ecu piggybacks such as the kpro from hondata which makes tuning NA or turbo much more effective.

if this guy wanted to... he could easily get 300hp from a kpro and the right turbo set up. He could also get about 285hp from a grand am stage 3 package from Hytech like they are doing for the TSX's of intake/ecu/exhaust combo (which runs about $10k). However, it is doubtful he'd smoke you since you can get turbo software for what like $500 to bump it to 350hp.

fact is no matter how many like the v-tec or i v-tec... you can't make up for the extra displacement and 2 cylinders of the I-6 in the bmw's. my 328xi has put a few rsx's, tsx's and TL's down since I've gotten her.

This guy really had to have spent like $30 grand on a car that only stickered for $27k to make it up to like 350+hp.
I will say though... its a hell of a lot of fun bringing that car up to redline at 8300 rpms!


edit: weight could play a factor though... totally forgot about that
UdubBadger is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      06-04-2008, 11:44 PM   #44
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
 
NaTuReB0Y's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 E90
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Inland Empire

Posts: 7,381
iTrader: (12)

v-tec hands down...........
__________________
2006 E90 330i Jet Black | 20" WORK VS-XX | FK452 | H&R Sport on Koni Yellow | REMUS QUAD
NaTuReB0Y is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:09 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST