BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
INDustry distribution
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-05-2008, 12:00 AM   #67
Andrew@ET
Brigadier General
 
Drives: Red thing
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Earth

Posts: 4,041
iTrader: (9)

a buggati definitly can.. ive seen a viper supercharged with 900 hp beat a hyabusa 1300
Andrew@ET is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2008, 12:01 AM   #68
jzcrna
Captain
 
Drives: 2012 BMW 335i Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Florida

Posts: 904
iTrader: (0)

Even though this has been beaten to death. I thought I would post the bike I sold to buy my 335i. Yes, you would be toast. I miss my bike, but looooove my 335i!

New baby=sold motorcycle=new 335i (with baby seat)
Attached Images
 
jzcrna is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2008, 12:22 AM   #69
galahad05
Colonel
 
galahad05's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Long Island NY

Posts: 2,376
iTrader: (0)

Meh, might as well throw in my own story here.

A friend and I were driving home from work--he on his Suzuki 1100 (I think it is), me in my 335.

I took off hard, him following. After giving me a bit of distance, he reeled me in so easily...until we hit a nice blind corner.

I took it at 75, feathering the throttle to keep the car (barely) in line. He chickened out a bit and I gained a huge lead on him then.

Then the corner straightened out...
galahad05 is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2008, 12:45 AM   #70
ksfrogman
Major General
 
ksfrogman's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 330i 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Torrance, CA

Posts: 6,751
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to ksfrogman
Open all your windows and sunroof at 138 mph, and you'll get a small idea of what it feels like to be on a bike at that speed. He could have easily blown you away, but it was the red asphault he feared, not losing.
__________________
ksfrogman is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2008, 01:17 AM   #71
revamp3
New Member
 
Drives: 2008 BMW 328i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Reno, NV

Posts: 20
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
uhh, you've had your bike up to 175 MILES PER HOUR?? when i said weak top end, it takes awhile for a bike to get up to 175... as for the wind not being bad at 150mph, don't care how much you weigh, you're facing A LOT of wind resistance, gonna have to pull out the BS flag, but i get the feeling you may have been talking about KPH...

i've been riding a lot of years, and i'm no angel on the road, but i have never gotten my bike up to the 175mph range... that's just idiotic on city streets... then again, i live in los angeles, kinda hard to get empty road like that around these parts...
I completely agree. I have trackdays out at California Speedway (in Fontana, same track nascar races but w/road course) on my 2004 Yamaha R1 and I'm topping it out at 155mph on the straight. AT A TRACK. Anyone who says they do 175mph on the freeway is fucking delusional, or just plain stupid.
revamp3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2008, 03:35 AM   #72
BMWCali
Expect the Unusual
 
BMWCali's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Porsche
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: U.S.A.

Posts: 1,208
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by l4wr3nc3 View Post
Your car raped someone?!?!?! You better get a lawyer ASAP.
Okay, that was kind of funny!
BMWCali is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2008, 03:36 AM   #73
BMWCali
Expect the Unusual
 
BMWCali's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Porsche
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: U.S.A.

Posts: 1,208
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzcrna View Post
Even though this has been beaten to death. I thought I would post the bike I sold to buy my 335i. Yes, you would be toast. I miss my bike, but looooove my 335i!

New baby=sold motorcycle=new 335i (with baby seat)
That's some upgrade. Going from a sub $10K bike to a $50K car.
BMWCali is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2008, 04:00 AM   #74
jonerik26
Lieutenant Colonel
 
jonerik26's Avatar
 
Drives: black 335i e90 PRE-LCI
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: somewhere

Posts: 1,868
iTrader: (21)

Garage List
2007 335i  [4.00]
1998 Acura Integra  [4.25]
2006 325i  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3urger328i View Post
Hey everyone. I was on my way home last night from the Morongo Casino in Cabazon, Ca. I was on the 60 going west. It was 12:00am and this Suzuki Motor Cycle (Croch Rocket) pulled to the right of me and gave me the feeling that he wanted to play around. He pulled really close to my left. He counted to 3 with his fingers and we both "Gunned" it. He had me for like 3 seconds, and then I caught up and eventually passed him. We got up to 138mph. (Yes, I made sure there was no cars and no cops) he never caught back up with me. Did he not gas it all the way, or did I kick his ass?
no
__________________
jonerik26 is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2008, 08:32 AM   #75
Terrance28
Brigadier General
 
Terrance28's Avatar
 
Drives: Crimson Red E92
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Killeen, TX

Posts: 3,336
iTrader: (17)

Send a message via Yahoo to Terrance28
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
although "crotch rockets" don't have much top end, i think it's safe to say he did let off... 80 on a motorcycle doesn't feel like 80 in a car... the wind factor alone is ridiculous... i know idiots that have gotten wind-burn wearing a shortsleeve t-shirt on the freeway...
What crotch rockets don't have alot of top end. My 600 would top out at 165 and thats a 600. If he was dealing with a liter bike they top out in the 190s. So basically that guy was just messing with him, trust me.
__________________
Mods list got too long, lets just say more than enough.
Terrance28 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2008, 08:38 AM   #76
Terrance28
Brigadier General
 
Terrance28's Avatar
 
Drives: Crimson Red E92
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Killeen, TX

Posts: 3,336
iTrader: (17)

Send a message via Yahoo to Terrance28
Quote:
Originally Posted by revamp3 View Post
I completely agree. I have trackdays out at California Speedway (in Fontana, same track nascar races but w/road course) on my 2004 Yamaha R1 and I'm topping it out at 155mph on the straight. AT A TRACK. Anyone who says they do 175mph on the freeway is fucking delusional, or just plain stupid.
Dude if your r1 is topping out at 155 go get it checked cause something is wrong with it. I have ridden with my throttle wide opened with my bike bouncing off the rev limiter and hitting the fuel cutoff once or twice and my bike read 175. But we all know those speedodometers are off so I may be doing maybe 10 mph under it.
__________________
Mods list got too long, lets just say more than enough.
Terrance28 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2008, 12:49 PM   #77
revamp3
New Member
 
Drives: 2008 BMW 328i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Reno, NV

Posts: 20
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrance28 View Post
Dude if your r1 is topping out at 155 go get it checked cause something is wrong with it. I have ridden with my throttle wide opened with my bike bouncing off the rev limiter and hitting the fuel cutoff once or twice and my bike read 175. But we all know those speedodometers are off so I may be doing maybe 10 mph under it.

Well here's the thing; by 155 I'm running out of track, and really no one does go any faster than that, not unless it's a race/track bike, 'cause only street bike I remember passing me on the straight was Honda RC51. I guess my point is that half the people that say they've gone 175 aren't telling the truth. You need a long, and I mean loonggg piece of road to do that, not to mention a big pair of balls.
revamp3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2008, 11:05 AM   #78
Terrance28
Brigadier General
 
Terrance28's Avatar
 
Drives: Crimson Red E92
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Killeen, TX

Posts: 3,336
iTrader: (17)

Send a message via Yahoo to Terrance28
Quote:
Originally Posted by revamp3 View Post
Well here's the thing; by 155 I'm running out of track, and really no one does go any faster than that, not unless it's a race/track bike, 'cause only street bike I remember passing me on the straight was Honda RC51. I guess my point is that half the people that say they've gone 175 aren't telling the truth. You need a long, and I mean loonggg piece of road to do that, not to mention a big pair of balls.
Ok that makes more sense. There are some roads out here in Texas that are long as hell for example 183. You can hit the rev limiter and sometimes the fuel cutoff several times on that road. But I do see what you are saying about the track not being long enough. I ride my bike to the limit I have topped it out several times. I have been riding for years, I have had my spills too don't get me wrong but I love to ride its my first passion.
__________________
Mods list got too long, lets just say more than enough.
Terrance28 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2008, 11:13 AM   #79
SlammedR8
Brigadier General
 
SlammedR8's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Audi R8 V10 +2013 Audi S4
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 4,936
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via MSN to SlammedR8
no shot..
i raced my buddy in his lambo gallardo spider last summer,
we started @ 100 km/h and went till 200 km/h
by 140-150 i was 2-3 cars on him
SlammedR8 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-08-2008, 08:58 AM   #80
spanishooligan
Crazy red bimmer
 
spanishooligan's Avatar
 
Drives: 320d e90 japanrot
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: earth

Posts: 415
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 E90 320d  [0.00]
my feind had an ex comp 50c.c. scooter that had faster acceleration from 0-120km/h than a 600 cbr lol it did 160km/h with a longer gear. that shit was scary fast.!!!! it would eat a 335 for breakfast to 60mph
__________________

Sig by Nikki
Japanrot 320d
18x8'5 m6 replicas
COOL GAME---->http://spanishooligan.mybrute.com
spanishooligan is offline   Spain
0
Reply With Quote
      05-09-2008, 11:29 AM   #81
ukthunderace
Autobahn Cruiser
 
ukthunderace's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 335i Tief Gruen
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hockenheim Germany

Posts: 272
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by revamp3 View Post
Well here's the thing; by 155 I'm running out of track, and really no one does go any faster than that, not unless it's a race/track bike, 'cause only street bike I remember passing me on the straight was Honda RC51. I guess my point is that half the people that say they've gone 175 aren't telling the truth. You need a long, and I mean loonggg piece of road to do that, not to mention a big pair of balls.
So I am guessing the A5 autobahn from Heidelberg to Karlsruhe is not long enough? Exactly WTF makes you the expert on what everyone else can do?
And you hitting 155 on the straight at a track has what to do with my top speed? I hit 150 on the Parabolica on the back side of Hockenheimring...what does that have to do with stright top end?
You need to get out more and it sounds like you need more seat time if an RC51 is taking you on the straight unless he has had work done and you are stock.
ukthunderace is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      05-09-2008, 11:45 AM   #82
revamp3
New Member
 
Drives: 2008 BMW 328i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Reno, NV

Posts: 20
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukthunderace View Post
So I am guessing the A5 autobahn from Heidelberg to Karlsruhe is not long enough? Exactly WTF makes you the expert on what everyone else can do?
And you hitting 155 on the straight at a track has what to do with my top speed? I hit 150 on the Parabolica on the back side of Hockenheimring...what does that have to do with stright top end?
You need to get out more and it sounds like you need more seat time if an RC51 is taking you on the straight unless he has had work done and you are stock.
whoa man i'm not getting all fucking emotional about what some dude writes is his top speed, if that's what i write and you dont like it deal with it dont go getting all menstrual. There's plenty of roads long enough, the autobahn, yea, you want a fucking award for pointing that out? i'm not the expert on what everyone else can do, i am however an experienced rider with hours of track time and competition, an avid motogp and AMA fan, and i happen to know a thing or two about motorcycles.

And if you think an RC51 isn't enough to take an R1 you really have no fucking clue about motorcycle engines. GOOGLE IT.
revamp3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-09-2008, 11:57 AM   #83
ukthunderace
Autobahn Cruiser
 
ukthunderace's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 335i Tief Gruen
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hockenheim Germany

Posts: 272
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by revamp3 View Post
whoa man i'm not getting all fucking emotional about what some dude writes is his top speed, if that's what i write and you dont like it deal with it dont go getting all menstrual. There's plenty of roads long enough, the autobahn, yea, you want a fucking award for pointing that out? i'm not the expert on what everyone else can do, i am however an experienced rider with hours of track time and competition, an avid motogp and AMA fan, and i happen to know a thing or two about motorcycles.

And if you think an RC51 isn't enough to take an R1 you really have no fucking clue about motorcycle engines. GOOGLE IT.
talk about getting emotional...I had to go back and re-read what I wrote to see why you are being such a pussy.
The RC51 should not be taking you in the straight. Riders being equal, the RC51 should handle better and get exit power down sooner than the R1. They also trail brake better into the corners and are not as prone to standing up under front end braking if you over cook the entrance. But on the straight? You should be pulling him pretty easily. I should know, I used to race one. And an RC-30 before that...I have about 20 years on the track...I wouldn't call that not having a clue.

Last edited by ukthunderace; 05-09-2008 at 01:53 PM.
ukthunderace is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      05-09-2008, 12:42 PM   #84
revamp3
New Member
 
Drives: 2008 BMW 328i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Reno, NV

Posts: 20
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukthunderace View Post
talk about getting emotional...I had to go back and re-read what I wrote to see why you are being such a pussy.
The RC51 should not be taking you in the straight. Riders being equal, the RC51 should handle better and get exit power down sooner than the R1. They also trail brake better into the corners and are not as prone to standing up under front end braking if you over cook the entrance. But on the straight? You should be pulling him pretty easily. I should know, I used to race one. And an RC-35 before that...I have about 20 years on the track...I wouldn't call that not having a clue.
ha touché... well in any case, sorry for being a pussy. all you needed to do was prove you knew your shit and you have my respect. in regards to the rc51.. I dont know man I've tried and tried to pass him (good friend of mine) on the straight and that v-twin is just putting so much more power down... i can keep up but not pass... and oppositely on corners i burn him on the exit, maybe because my bike is lighter... anyways, thanks for the healthy discussion.
revamp3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-09-2008, 01:13 PM   #85
ukthunderace
Autobahn Cruiser
 
ukthunderace's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 335i Tief Gruen
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hockenheim Germany

Posts: 272
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by revamp3 View Post
ha touché... well in any case, sorry for being a pussy. all you needed to do was prove you knew your shit and you have my respect. in regards to the rc51.. I dont know man I've tried and tried to pass him (good friend of mine) on the straight and that v-twin is just putting so much more power down... i can keep up but not pass... and oppositely on corners i burn him on the exit, maybe because my bike is lighter... anyways, thanks for the healthy discussion.
Has he had any work done? And are you running a standard rear sprocket? Also, what is your diff in weight?
ukthunderace is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      05-09-2008, 03:00 PM   #86
revamp3
New Member
 
Drives: 2008 BMW 328i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Reno, NV

Posts: 20
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukthunderace View Post
Has he had any work done? And are you running a standard rear sprocket? Also, what is your diff in weight?
well he has a power commander, headers, plus some sick top of the line Sato pipes... I on the other hand have stock sprocket and a D&D pipe. He's actually heavier than me by about 20 pounds but my bike should be much lighter.
revamp3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-09-2008, 03:55 PM   #87
bmw328icoupeeddie
Second Lieutenant
 
bmw328icoupeeddie's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 328i
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 626

Posts: 272
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via MSN to bmw328icoupeeddie Send a message via Skype™ to bmw328icoupeeddie
you have been smoked for sure, after the first 3 seconds he realized there was no competition, so he let off. that's what he told me.
__________________
bmw328icoupeeddie is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-10-2008, 12:21 AM   #88
ukthunderace
Autobahn Cruiser
 
ukthunderace's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 335i Tief Gruen
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hockenheim Germany

Posts: 272
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by revamp3 View Post
well he has a power commander, headers, plus some sick top of the line Sato pipes... I on the other hand have stock sprocket and a D&D pipe. He's actually heavier than me by about 20 pounds but my bike should be much lighter.
Hard to say, especially knowing that. I was going to suggest going up two teeth on the rear sprocket...killer drive out from low down. Sacrifices a little on the very top but not too much. Thing is though, you say you are beating him on the curve exits already. A lot is dependent on how his power commander is set up too. Getting the 51 on the boil is where its power really shows, but you are waaay up on HP even stock.
I would put yours on the dyno and see what you come up with...sounds like something is a bit off with your engine. If the numbers look right and the curve is smooth, I would try a larger rear...less absolute top end, but hugely better drive...should be able to bring the power on and get a better jump down the straight.
And practice your tuck. Never underestimate the value of aerodynamics. If you are behind him, slipstream him. Just make sure you leave enough on your braking mark!
ukthunderace is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:15 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST