BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
EclipsisNA
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-30-2008, 11:34 AM   #67
dr335is
Brigadier General
 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 4,973
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
Do not expect logic or reason from dr325i. In any matter that he believes remotely involves George W. Bush, he is incapable of either.
Neil, if you have no smart comment, please do not comment at all. You have proven over and over that your "clear" logic applies to those majority of population calls -- retards. So, please mind your own business, google those Gov't sites and live some life that is realistic only to you and hicks around you...
dr335is is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2008, 12:40 PM   #68
txusa03
Major General
 
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Planet Earth

Posts: 6,567
iTrader: (2)

Break it up guys/girls

Look, realistically, we gonna continue to use gas no matter how high price of oil is. However, it is fun to just reminiscence about how much gas cost back in the 70's vs now.
__________________
under construction!
txusa03 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2008, 12:42 PM   #69
txusa03
Major General
 
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Planet Earth

Posts: 6,567
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFan View Post
What's your theory, Bush is hoarding it at his ranch in Texas???
he sure is and it is in the form of green papers
__________________
under construction!
txusa03 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2008, 12:50 PM   #70
335i4u2nv
Colonel
 
335i4u2nv's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i e9O sL0w
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: im right behind u

Posts: 2,760
iTrader: (0)

we need to boycot (F7 please) gas! seriously only want prices will lower is when they have exceded our demand for it
__________________
"dat ***** is doin like 2 bills."

Translation: That black guy is doing 200 miles per hour
335i4u2nv is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2008, 01:13 PM   #71
TurboFan
Ski bum
 
TurboFan's Avatar
 
Drives: sideways
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Knee deep in the pow

Posts: 6,207
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
First of all -- the growth you keep mentioning is over 10 years, not 5 as you were asked to post.
Second, the growth of 86% is still nothing as compared to 400% more we're paying at the gas station as compared to 1997...

I did not mention Bush name at all. But since you did -- it is still strange how the gas prices only exploded on his watch (last 7 years, and not before that) since the China industrial revolution started 20 years ago. We all know he and his family loves oil...
You need to take a class in economics before you start posting. You don't need a 400% increase in the demand for a commodity to create a 400% increase in price.
__________________

1999 e46 328i Ti Silver / Black[retired]
2007 e90 335xi Jet Black / Black[retired]
2011 e70 X5 35d Vermillion Red / Cinnamon
2011 e92 M3 LeMans / Fox Red extended
TurboFan is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2008, 01:15 PM   #72
TurboFan
Ski bum
 
TurboFan's Avatar
 
Drives: sideways
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Knee deep in the pow

Posts: 6,207
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by txusa03 View Post
Break it up guys/girls

Look, realistically, we gonna continue to use gas no matter how high price of oil is. However, it is fun to just reminiscence about how much gas cost back in the 70's vs now.
Well, maybe back in the 90's when I could fill up at $0.99/gallon. In the 70's, it was crazy! Sure, the absolute price was cheap in todays dollars, but that was some of the most expensive gas the country had seen, until now.

I'd still love to see what an internet chat room would look like back then....let me see if I can dig up a post from my wayback machine....
__________________

1999 e46 328i Ti Silver / Black[retired]
2007 e90 335xi Jet Black / Black[retired]
2011 e70 X5 35d Vermillion Red / Cinnamon
2011 e92 M3 LeMans / Fox Red extended
TurboFan is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2008, 01:20 PM   #73
TurboFan
Ski bum
 
TurboFan's Avatar
 
Drives: sideways
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Knee deep in the pow

Posts: 6,207
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFan View Post
...I'd still love to see what an internet chat room would look like back then....let me see if I can dig up a post from my wayback machine....
Here's one from a Camaro forum, circa 1978...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuaFlyCamaro
Man! The price of gas just cleared $0.30/ gallon for leaded! What the hell man, it cost me $6 to fill my tank on the way to the disco last night! I'm gettin 6 mpg with my 454 big block and the six pack Holley carbs. Anybody know anything about these japcrap Honda's I've been hearing about? Look like junk, but they get like 20 mpg! ....
__________________

1999 e46 328i Ti Silver / Black[retired]
2007 e90 335xi Jet Black / Black[retired]
2011 e70 X5 35d Vermillion Red / Cinnamon
2011 e92 M3 LeMans / Fox Red extended
TurboFan is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2008, 03:37 PM   #74
Vegas_Sirk
Its All About The Offset
 
Vegas_Sirk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Where you come to vacation and go home on probation: Vegas

Posts: 3,544
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Vegas_Sirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFan View Post
You need to take a class in economics before you start posting. You don't need a 400% increase in the demand for a commodity to create a 400% increase in price.
+1 ... EVERYONE should take a College level Eco class and learn what they teach. If you did it would change your outlook on life. It explains everything in logical terms.

I personally think with the way our Government is everyone should be required to get a lic to vote and to get that lic they should have to take a economics class and pass with a B or better. There are too many clueless idiots voting for shit they have no idea what the after effects will be.
__________________

AKA M3This (changed my user name ) | M3 Build Thread | E61 Build Thread
Vegas_Sirk is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2008, 04:56 PM   #75
TurboFan
Ski bum
 
TurboFan's Avatar
 
Drives: sideways
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Knee deep in the pow

Posts: 6,207
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3This View Post
+1 ... EVERYONE should take a College level Eco class and learn what they teach. If you did it would change your outlook on life. It explains everything in logical terms.

I personally think with the way our Government is everyone should be required to get a lic to vote and to get that lic they should have to take a economics class and pass with a B or better. There are too many clueless idiots voting for shit they have no idea what the after effects will be.
You can't expect doc to apply logic.
__________________

1999 e46 328i Ti Silver / Black[retired]
2007 e90 335xi Jet Black / Black[retired]
2011 e70 X5 35d Vermillion Red / Cinnamon
2011 e92 M3 LeMans / Fox Red extended
TurboFan is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2008, 06:10 PM   #76
achenator
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2010 GT-R, 2011 F150 FX4
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Louisiana

Posts: 540
iTrader: (0)

I like how the guy whose mommy just got a car with the most horrible gas mileage comes on here to bitch about SUV's. LOL.
achenator is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2008, 06:44 PM   #77
dr335is
Brigadier General
 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 4,973
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFan View Post
You can't expect doc to apply logic.
Exactly, you have been asked over and over to explain and all you say how logical it is and some O'Riley crap with absolutely no proof -- makes me wonder if you understand what you claim you do. Actually, re-reading your posts it is clear you don't. Another "wanted to sound smart on the forum, turned to be dumb kid..."?
dr335is is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2008, 07:28 PM   #78
Krueger///M3
Major
 
Krueger///M3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003 HPF 2.5, 2008 M3 (Sold)
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pearl District, OR

Posts: 1,401
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2002 BMW ///M3  [0.00]
2008 BMW ///M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFan View Post
Here's one from a Camaro forum, circa 1978...
Hillarious!!!!
Krueger///M3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2008, 08:10 PM   #79
dth656
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: e90 330i
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: cali

Posts: 318
iTrader: (0)

actually, in addition to constraints in refining, spikes in demand, etc, one contributor to volatility (IMHO) is speculators. i'm thinking of commodities traders and futures/options traders who take large, market moving positions.

unrelated, but i also think minivans offer far more room/convnenience than SUVs for hauling kids, stuff around, and are safer to drive as well. however, the mpg improvements arent that huge. my parents 06 honda odyssey gets about 24-26mpg freeway at 65-75mph.
dth656 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2008, 08:58 PM   #80
Island Snow
Private First Class
 
Island Snow's Avatar
 
Drives: SKG
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 131
iTrader: (0)

Heard the democrats would bill the Iraqi gov't for $5 Trillion
__________________
Mabuhay
Island Snow is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2008, 09:15 PM   #81
justice
Second Lieutenant
 
justice's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Phoenixville, PA

Posts: 284
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
All I can say is that gas prices suck....
What makes less sense is that if you want to buy a hybrid SUV is costs $10-20k more then a gas model so you lose either way, you either pay more for the gas or you pay more to buy the hybrid.

The only real benefit is that as fuel prices increase: unneccessary driving decreases and the sales of "big" SUVs and truck decrease. I'm hoping that this will make the auto manufacturers create more fuel efficient cars and cheaper hybrids.

I think in the long run it will be a good thing, but right now it sucks.
__________________

330i Sport Package, 6spd, Terra interior.... suspension, wheels, and tint coming soon.
justice is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2008, 11:08 PM   #82
Jay_328
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Jay_328's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 e92
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: VA

Posts: 1,596
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
07 E92 328  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cars4lyfe View Post
sooner or later, we're all going to be working 16 hour days just to afford a bowl of soup.
....hell, I sure hope that's not the case but who knows
__________________
Jay_328 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2008, 11:13 PM   #83
TurboFan
Ski bum
 
TurboFan's Avatar
 
Drives: sideways
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Knee deep in the pow

Posts: 6,207
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dth656 View Post
...unrelated, but i also think minivans offer far more room/convnenience than SUVs for hauling kids, stuff around, and are safer to drive as well. however, the mpg improvements arent that huge. my parents 06 honda odyssey gets about 24-26mpg freeway at 65-75mph.
Sure, and so does a Honda Civic or Accord over a 3 or 5 series. But I don't want one! I'll probably end up with a full size SUV in the garage soon, and while a minivan might make sense, I haven't seen one yet that I like the style.
__________________

1999 e46 328i Ti Silver / Black[retired]
2007 e90 335xi Jet Black / Black[retired]
2011 e70 X5 35d Vermillion Red / Cinnamon
2011 e92 M3 LeMans / Fox Red extended
TurboFan is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2008, 11:19 PM   #84
TurboFan
Ski bum
 
TurboFan's Avatar
 
Drives: sideways
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Knee deep in the pow

Posts: 6,207
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
Exactly, you have been asked over and over to explain and all you say how logical it is and some O'Riley crap with absolutely no proof -- makes me wonder if you understand what you claim you do. Actually, re-reading your posts it is clear you don't. Another "wanted to sound smart on the forum, turned to be dumb kid..."?
O'Riley? Are you kidding me? I don't listen to that crap. I read, and make the determination for myself. In all the posts you've made, I've not seen one shred of intellectual capacity from you. You haven't won an argument with me yet, you can't present one shred of comprehensible logic to support any of your positions. Every time someone beats you with logic, and it happens in every thread, you resort to petty partisan rhetoric that is without merrit or basis. I'm not going to waste my time digging up information to meet your exact request. If you want specific information of a specific time frame, Google it you lazy ass, it's out there for you to read. But take an econ course or two before you try and argue free market economics with me. You need an education.
__________________

1999 e46 328i Ti Silver / Black[retired]
2007 e90 335xi Jet Black / Black[retired]
2011 e70 X5 35d Vermillion Red / Cinnamon
2011 e92 M3 LeMans / Fox Red extended
TurboFan is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2008, 11:21 PM   #85
fobunited
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2007 335i, 2011 550i
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Folsom

Posts: 184
iTrader: (1)

I wonder how the Europeans on this board who pay $6+ per gallon feel about our whining...
fobunited is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2008, 11:28 PM   #86
TurboFan
Ski bum
 
TurboFan's Avatar
 
Drives: sideways
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Knee deep in the pow

Posts: 6,207
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fobunited View Post
I wonder how the Europeans on this board who pay $6+ per gallon feel about our whining...
*in my best German accent*

Suuuck eet up, butter cup!
__________________

1999 e46 328i Ti Silver / Black[retired]
2007 e90 335xi Jet Black / Black[retired]
2011 e70 X5 35d Vermillion Red / Cinnamon
2011 e92 M3 LeMans / Fox Red extended
TurboFan is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2008, 08:22 AM   #87
dr335is
Brigadier General
 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 4,973
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFan View Post
O'Riley? Are you kidding me? I don't listen to that crap. I read, and make the determination for myself. In all the posts you've made, I've not seen one shred of intellectual capacity from you. You haven't won an argument with me yet, you can't present one shred of comprehensible logic to support any of your positions. Every time someone beats you with logic, and it happens in every thread, you resort to petty partisan rhetoric that is without merrit or basis. I'm not going to waste my time digging up information to meet your exact request. If you want specific information of a specific time frame, Google it you lazy ass, it's out there for you to read. But take an econ course or two before you try and argue free market economics with me. You need an education.
Economics is just a small part of education and YES, I do need some of it in my life...for my good, though.

On the other hand, you keep proving with every new post that you need much much more and broader type of education. And a shrink to help you keep it all together...on the forum boards (I don't even want to know what is happening in a real life...)...

And again...so far, no clear answer to any of your "superiority" claims. Just admit it -- you have no clue about the "free world" economics, just BSing here whatever you heard on FOX...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFan View Post
You haven't won an argument with me yet, you can't present one shred of comprehensible logic to support any of your positions. .
What are you, 6? Sounded just like my daughter... You have not answered to any of the arguments so far, and have ben shut up by many of us (politics) many times, so we don't see you there any more... You just keep proving my points above, thanks

Last edited by dr335is; 05-01-2008 at 08:40 AM.
dr335is is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2008, 09:48 PM   #88
Munich_Menace
Private First Class
 
Munich_Menace's Avatar
 
Drives: M 3
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Deutschland

Posts: 172
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fobunited View Post
I wonder how the Europeans on this board who pay $6+ per gallon feel about our whining...
Publik transportation my friend
__________________
Munich_Menace is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:05 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST