BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos
 
OneEighty
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-26-2008, 12:51 PM   #1
EOE90
Colonel
United_States
84

 
EOE90's Avatar
 
Drives: AW Power
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Laker City


Posts: 2,426
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 3  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to EOE90
Cop Envy?

So, going to my girlfriends house on a thursday night at 9:30, i was traveling through Box Canyon, narrow canyon roads, when i came to a hill, went up it, then came down, saw a cop, and in my head i was like "Wow theres a cop", not knowing the speed-limit the sirens came on. After chatting with the police officer, and the usual, "Are you high on any drugs sir? Your eyes look quite red? Are you under the influence? Have you had anything to drink tonight? Your music was quite loud, you know i can site you for that, dont you?", the more aggressive cop went to write the ticket, when his partner came up, and started complimenting my car for about 5 minutes, it was awkward but i later found out the nice cop was a trainee, and my fucking ticket was a 42 in a 30 going downhill... so i think i wouldnt have gotten it if the trainee wasn't in the car.... but the main subject of the post is

Have you ever been complimented by a police officer while receiving a ticket?
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by buschy View Post
you cannot buy a M3 for a commuter. it is only to be used on the tract. It drives horrible on the freeway, and is very uncomfortable for any longer then 20 minutes.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2008, 12:54 PM   #2
BMdblU
Brigadier General
Canada
69

 
Drives: with no destination
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: 416


Posts: 3,848
iTrader: (2)

Never a compliment from a cop.. just get picked on sometimes
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2008, 01:02 PM   #3
EOE90
Colonel
United_States
84

 
EOE90's Avatar
 
Drives: AW Power
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Laker City


Posts: 2,426
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 3  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to EOE90
hahaha, it was weird too, i have tint on my headlights, taillights, windows, blue fogs and 7000k bulbs, i thought they would have ticketed me for that
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by buschy View Post
you cannot buy a M3 for a commuter. it is only to be used on the tract. It drives horrible on the freeway, and is very uncomfortable for any longer then 20 minutes.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2008, 01:07 PM   #4
MontegoblueE92
Captain
31

 
MontegoblueE92's Avatar
 
Drives: It Like He Stole It
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: M-Town


Posts: 958
iTrader: (0)

I've been complimented before, but it helped me get out of it. I was doing around 55 in a 45, cop pulled me over and took my license. After sitting in his car for about 5 minutes, he walks up and starts talking about my car, and I mentioned the Ultimate Drive was gonna be in town in a couple of weeks if he wanted to test drive some BMWs. It ended with him saying, "I bet this thing will move huh?" I said yeah, and he said to just take it easy and be safe.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2008, 01:07 PM   #5
Calgary Agent
Captain
Canada
9

 
Drives: '11 550i
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary, Canada


Posts: 703
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 F10 550i  [0.00]
A cop once complimented me on slowing down faster than anyone he'd ever seen before. It was a showdown on the highway, and I was doing about 30mph over the limit when he painted my car with instant on radar.

He simply smiled and told me to slow down
__________________
'11 550i | AT | Dark Graphite on Black
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2008, 01:42 PM   #6
thegeneral101
Colonel
United_States
52

 
Drives: '13 M3 LRE,'13 750Li
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Miami/Michigan


Posts: 2,302
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Agent View Post
A cop once complimented me on slowing down faster than anyone he'd ever seen before. It was a showdown on the highway, and I was doing about 30mph over the limit when he painted my car with instant on radar.

He simply smiled and told me to slow down
haha thats awesome!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2008, 05:16 PM   #7
fuzzy123
Second Lieutenant
19

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: San Diego


Posts: 236
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
This is unrelated, but happened recently...

We were at the beach having a bonfire at like 2am burning pallets and drinking... (Cant have alcohol at the beach, cant burn pallets, and cant have a bonfire after midnight...) Cop came up, and just said finish up and leave...

A year before that, I went to a friend's bonfire and they were burning pallets and a cop came up and gave everyone a ticket...(I got there 2 minutes before)
__________________
GIAC Stage 1 Flash| Vorsteiner Carbon Fiber Bootlid | KW Variant 2 | RPI Scoops | BMS DCI | Eisenmann Race | Synapse BOV | 35% Tint | Aero Lip | 6000K HID Headlights & Fogs | PIAA Angel Eyes | Clear Bra | RR Catch Can
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2008, 06:01 PM   #8
SanDiegoBuff
Enlisted Member
0

 
SanDiegoBuff's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 '08 328i, E90 '06 325i
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Diego, CA


Posts: 33
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy123 View Post
This is unrelated, but happened recently...

We were at the beach having a bonfire at like 2am burning pallets and drinking... (Cant have alcohol at the beach, cant burn pallets, and cant have a bonfire after midnight...) Cop came up, and just said finish up and leave...

A year before that, I went to a friend's bonfire and they were burning pallets and a cop came up and gave everyone a ticket...(I got there 2 minutes before)
HA! Lucky you! The beach cops in San Diego are usually Nazis about most anything!
__________________
2008 E90 328i ZSP - Sparkling Graphite
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2008, 06:25 PM   #9
hipnotic
Major General
United_States
93

 
hipnotic's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 335i
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: So. Cal


Posts: 6,559
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2008 335i coupe  [3.50]
that is a nice cop. lol
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2008, 07:30 PM   #10
amuzement
First Lieutenant
United_States
8

 
amuzement's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i LCI
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Anaheim Hills, CA


Posts: 306
iTrader: (0)

Will they meaner to you if you are a teenager?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2008, 07:37 PM   #11
dhan
Lieutenant
United_States
19

 
Drives: '11 TiAg E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SoCal


Posts: 558
iTrader: (0)

i got pulled over doing 90 on local street in irvine (it was 2am and the streets were empty and I was excited about my car so I gave it some gas and lo and behold I hit 90 without knowing, but slowed down immediately once I realized it). a real nice cop pulled me over and asked me the usual questions and i explained its my new car so he said "nice car - i understand, I'm not going to give you at ticket, be safe."

needless to say I was very happy. waved him a goodbye and everything haha
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2008, 10:29 PM   #12
nebz
Captain
14

 
nebz's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: nyc


Posts: 684
iTrader: (6)

it happned to me b4 in my old g35..this 3 wheeler tricycle pulled me over for loud music and he didnt know what ticket to write me. so he called over 2 more cop cars while he was writing me a "discon" ticket the other 2 cops were like oh what system u have? sounds pretty nice. nice rims and everything lol. wasted my day going to court!
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2008, 10:37 PM   #13
e92phreak
General
United_States
271

 
e92phreak's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i TiAg/E46 323i TiAg
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA


Posts: 21,745
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [4.50]
2000 E46 323i  [0.00]
Man... sucks about your ticket.

You goin to Bimmerfest, EOE90?
__________________
07 E92 335i | TiAg | Step | Padl | Cmft | Alum Trm | PDC | Nav | Assist | Sat | Lthr | Prem | Sprt | Rear Splr | RDSport Quads | iPod | V1 | LT Refl | VS Clear Bra | OEM Lip | KWV2 | Mtec Sides | BBS LM-R
00 E46 323i | TiAg | 5sp | Sport | Roof | RDSport Cams | RDSport tune | RDSport Shift | Volk LE37 | M3 spoiler | PSS9 | SuperSprint | Brembo
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2008, 11:34 PM   #14
MMAJNKE
MMA Changed My Life!
Japan
228

 
MMAJNKE's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 m3 & f30 328i
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: so cal


Posts: 6,200
iTrader: (45)

Garage List
yup i have when i was on my gxr-750 i was going down culver with a couple of friends we went first thru the light my front end lifted a little from launching but i didn't pop a wheelie thru the intersection we must have hit around 80 or 90 mph we get to alton to make a left and all of a sudden we are a chirp and police officer saying pull over up there after making the left I was thinking damn... we all fcuked now for sure i have no idea where the bike cop came from cause there was no street opening from that light to the next so i guess he was way back in traffic and saw us fly off the light anyways he sits all 4 of us on the curb with bikes on side people gawckin at us the cop was asking all of us if we had drugs on us and where we live etc etc upon not writing us tickets he said i love these sport bikes may i sit on yours i was like sure why not he was like i used to ride crouch rockets but i'm old now and i want to relax let us go and told us to ride safe cops are pretty chill when you have nice shit most of the time.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2008, 11:52 PM   #15
Tag
Colonel
United_States
191

 
Tag's Avatar
 
Drives: bimmer
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: CHICAGO


Posts: 2,626
iTrader: (2)

Most cops here are a-holes except for my brother . He told me that cops love giving tickets to people in luxury cars becuase a lot of them are haters. When I get pulled over I tell them my brother is a cop which helps me get out of tickets about 80% of the time. The other 20% of them say "I don't care" .
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2008, 12:09 AM   #16
radix
there's something different about him
No_Country
119

 
radix's Avatar
 
Drives: -
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: -


Posts: 896
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by second_2_nun View Post
yup i have when i was on my gxr-750 i was going down culver with a couple of friends we went first thru the light my front end lifted a little from launching but i didn't pop a wheelie thru the intersection we must have hit around 80 or 90 mph we get to alton to make a left and all of a sudden we are a chirp and police officer saying pull over up there after making the left I was thinking damn... we all fcuked now for sure i have no idea where the bike cop came from cause there was no street opening from that light to the next so i guess he was way back in traffic and saw us fly off the light anyways he sits all 4 of us on the curb with bikes on side people gawckin at us the cop was asking all of us if we had drugs on us and where we live etc etc upon not writing us tickets he said i love these sport bikes may i sit on yours i was like sure why not he was like i used to ride crouch rockets but i'm old now and i want to relax let us go and told us to ride safe cops are pretty chill when you have nice shit most of the time.

Good story, hard to read. Why did you even bother with the period at the end?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2008, 12:39 AM   #17
ulises 335i
these cars waste alot of fucking gas
39

 
ulises 335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i montego blue
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: el monte, c.a.


Posts: 992
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EOE90 View Post
So, going to my girlfriends house on a thursday night at 9:30, i was traveling through Box Canyon, narrow canyon roads, when i came to a hill, went up it, then came down, saw a cop, and in my head i was like "Wow theres a cop", not knowing the speed-limit the sirens came on. After chatting with the police officer, and the usual, "Are you high on any drugs sir? Your eyes look quite red? Are you under the influence? Have you had anything to drink tonight? Your music was quite loud, you know i can site you for that, dont you?", the more aggressive cop went to write the ticket, when his partner came up, and started complimenting my car for about 5 minutes, it was awkward but i later found out the nice cop was a trainee, and my fucking ticket was a 42 in a 30 going downhill... so i think i wouldnt have gotten it if the trainee wasn't in the car.... but the main subject of the post is

Have you ever been complimented by a police officer while receiving a ticket?

Same thing happened to me when a cop pulled me over. he was a dick but his partner was so cool he was complimenting my rims and car color and he was like "is that the new twin turbo bimmer?" and i was like yeah it is, can you tell your friend not to give me a ticket? it didn't work.
__________________
e90 335i sport- (with following mods) sstt, afe intake, custom zoomers exhaust , dimisa 4" tips, m6 reps , painted oem front splitter, carbon fiber grill.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2008, 12:54 AM   #18
shift330
Blue Force Tracker
United_States
64

 
shift330's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sierra Vista, AZ


Posts: 1,377
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
I've lucked out of tickets on occasion. Back in highschool I never got a single ticket but got pulled over at least 2-3 times a week. Some times a couple of times a day. This was back in like '03-'04 and I was driving a restored '67 Camaro. Got lots of compliments and lectures about whatever I was doing. Once in my old '03 G35 I got busted sliding around a corner into the far lane and speeding by a motorcycle cop told me "nice car, slow down" (he wasn't nice a few weeks later, maybe cause I was in my '04 Mustang GT?)
__________________

Stay safe 855th MP Company! Hosmer/Espinoza you're my boys!!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2008, 03:16 AM   #19
rdsport323
Captain
37

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: OC, CA


Posts: 876
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmcguire View Post
Good story, hard to read. Why did you even bother with the period at the end?
HAHA

Anyways, once I got pulled over and the cop saw my USC parking sticker on my windshield.. and since he was an alumni, he just asked a few campus questions, and let me go on my way.. I left that sticker on my car ever since even though it expired 5+ years ago.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2008, 04:42 AM   #20
arabbmw
Lieutenant
11

 
Drives: 335i coupe
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: G hills


Posts: 551
iTrader: (2)

it wasnt really a compliment to his car but just a really cool cop. My dad was driving home from work and he was having a rough day so he zoned out and started speeding with out really realizing it. The motorcycle cop flashed his lights and flashed his siren and my dad didnt even slow down. so the cop pulls up next to him and TAPS ON HIS WINDOW. my dad luckily didnt get too startled and rolled down his window and screams out that hes sorry and tells him he will pull over. Cop goes " you look like you had a rough day, and if your head is too swamped to notice a cop, dont even worry about. just slow down."

cool cop if you ask me
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2008, 04:53 AM   #21
Neema
Major General
United_States
354

 
Neema's Avatar
 
Drives: a few BMWs
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SoCal


Posts: 7,224
iTrader: (12)

yea, but I never got the ticket for what I did
__________________

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2008, 05:45 AM   #22
BMW320i
Colonel
Oman
110

 
BMW320i's Avatar
 
Drives: '06 AW 320i
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Muscat, Oman


Posts: 2,915
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 320i  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to BMW320i
never happened to me (not so modded)


but it happened to couple of my friends,

the Cop gives a ticket then asks: "wanna sell that car??"
__________________

19" velocity CSL replicas staggured // Continental sport contact 2: rear: 255/35/19, Front: 235/35/19 // Blacklines // rear OEM spoiler // y-connector // 30% v-kool tint all around // Black Roof/Mirrors // H&R Sport springs // H&R TRAK+ 15mm spacers //
BMW never makes ordinary cars . . .
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:39 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST