BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

GetBMWParts

05-14-2008, 09:18 PM   #23
flyinb501
Lieutenant

Drives: G35 Coupe, Dodge Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedinand View Post
You obviously don't know much about Obama. If you have ever heard him talk about his mother, you would know how incredibly stupid and offensive that statement is.
http://indrayam.com/archives/us-pres...008/001376.php
Haha are you kidding me? Did you just link me to one of his commercials? Wow... What was that supposed to prove anyway?

Look, I'm not calling Obama a racist, I just find his associations very questionable. Also, I find some of the things his wife has said to be disturbing and it is easy to see some of Reverend Wright's views inside of her.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 10:05 PM   #24
TMNT
Captain

Drives: 330ci ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinb501 View Post
Look, I'm not calling Obama a racist, I just find his associations very questionable. Also, I find some of the things his wife has said to be disturbing and it is easy to see some of Reverend Wright's views inside of her.
What has she said outside of "People in this country are ready for change and hungry for a different kind of politics and for the first time in my adult life I am proud of my country because it feels like hope is finally making a comeback?

Oh no!!! shame on her, she's got to be anti-american!! quick let's make sure hes not funded by terrorist!

You know everyone has friends and family members that just say dumb things sometimes or believe things that we don't. WE ALL HAVE FRIENDS AND FAMILY MEMBERS THAT SAY THINGS WE RATHER NOT BE ASSOCIATED WITH, BUT THEIR OUR FRIENDS.

This crap that people pull on associations really reminds me of this commercial:

Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 10:18 PM   #25
fedinand
Major

Drives: '11 X3, '11 GTI

Quote:
Haha are you kidding me? Did you just link me to one of his commercials? Wow... What was that supposed to prove anyway?

Of course you would only listen and respond to the ad - listen to him talk about his mother (the audio I linked...below the ad you mention), and you did insinuate that Obama was racist - I quoted you. Nice back-pedal keep on going. Michelel Obama's comment..I'm assuming the one about the "first time she was proud of her country"... why do you repubs try to insinuate that she is ashamed of the US - she didn't say that - I love the US and can also understand what she said...and I have also not been proud of our country on many occasions and I'm especially not proud of the US in the past 8 years. Some of us think we need and can do better. Don't mistake blind ignorant allegiance to patriotism. Blind, ignorant allegiance got us in this mess we are in now and I'll argue that it is the furthest thing from patriotism.

Its only disturbing because you want it to be disturbing....that is obvious - its like you only hear a sound-clip and base your entire opinion on that - no wonder you are a Repub.
fedinand is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 10:29 PM   #26
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2006 330xi Titanium Silver

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
I said Obama is possibly a racist, and yes I do believe Wright is. Who else did I accuse? If I remember correctly, you are the one making those accusations. You called all republicans racists, and I am the ignorant one? I have not insulted anyone on this site unless they attacked me first.
I see your problem. You don't read your own posts. Actually it was YOU who called all republicans racist. You also insulted me by calling me an idiot in the same post. You responded to a post I made that was not directed at you. It was directed at someone else, which means you attacked me without provocation. See below.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=293

You keep making my case. In the above post you just insulted me by implying I'm ignorant. I never used that word or suggested you were, but hey, if the shoe fits ...
330xi/TiAg/Black/Alum/6sp/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/CA/CW/PDC/Sirius Satellite Radio/OEM Spoiler/Blacklines/19" Axis Hiro Hyper Silver/Toyo Proxes 4 Ultra High Performance all season F 235/35/19 R 265/30/19/10mm spacers F/15mm spacers R/M3 front bumber/M-tech rear bumper
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 10:41 PM   #27
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
I said Obama is possibly a racist
Quote:
Look, I'm not calling Obama a racist

Not only do you not read your own posts, you can't even make up your own damn mind. Your swiftboat friends used to call this a flip-flop. So is he a racist or isn't he???

330xi/TiAg/Black/Alum/6sp/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/CA/CW/PDC/Sirius Satellite Radio/OEM Spoiler/Blacklines/19" Axis Hiro Hyper Silver/Toyo Proxes 4 Ultra High Performance all season F 235/35/19 R 265/30/19/10mm spacers F/15mm spacers R/M3 front bumber/M-tech rear bumper
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 11:28 PM   #28
FirstClass
Brigadier General

Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKsBimmer View Post
Not only do you not read your own posts, you can't even make up your own damn mind. Your swiftboat friends used to call this a flip-flop. So is he a racist or isn't he???

There's a pretty big distinction there that you're totally ignoring either through ignorance or on purpose. Saying someone may be a racist is very different from saying they are a racist. With Obama it's sort of like a medical diagnosis that shows all the symptoms, but there isn't a reliable test to tell if they have a certain condition. The people he associates with sure make it seem like he's a racist, but he may just have horrendous choice in friends, there isn't any way to be certain at this point. Personally, his associations make me uncomfortable enough that I actually would prefer Hillary to win, even though she'd be a harder candidate to beat in the general just so I can be sure Obama didn't have a chance. I'd rather an average democrat than one with a possible hidden agenda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2008, 03:40 AM   #29
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
With Obama it's sort of like a medical diagnosis that shows all the symptoms, but there isn't a reliable test to tell if they have a certain condition. The people he associates with sure make it seem like he's a racist
Your response is vague for such a serious accusation. Please give examples of which associates of Obama's make him seem racist and give the reason why.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2008, 07:36 AM   #30
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: e90

Quote:
There's a pretty big distinction there that you're totally ignoring either through ignorance or on purpose. Saying someone may be a racist is very different from saying they are a racist. With Obama it's sort of like a medical diagnosis that shows all the symptoms, but there isn't a reliable test to tell if they have a certain condition. The people he associates with sure make it seem like he's a racist, but he may just have horrendous choice in friends, there isn't any way to be certain at this point. Personally, his associations make me uncomfortable enough that I actually would prefer Hillary to win, even though she'd be a harder candidate to beat in the general just so I can be sure Obama didn't have a chance. I'd rather an average democrat than one with a possible hidden agenda.
Obama is racists???
Thats the funniest thing i've heard in a while. I dont know how you guys come up with this, seriously. Explain to me how he is racists? Because of his pastor??? Did his pastor even say anything that was racists (I dont know as i've heard everything he has said, but i have listened to most some of the sermons that clips were taken from and many of things were right on the dot, but some were off). If you assert that Obama is racist because of some of the people that he's made associations with, then you must also be willing to say that all Republican senators are racists for having senators such as Trent Lott and Orin Hatch as collegues. Of course, this is silly, but it just goes to show how silly it is to think that Obama is racist, unless you have something more direct.

And if you do assert that Obama is a racist because of his assocations (none of who base their existance on race hating), then you must also accept the same criticism if one of your friends ever says something intolerant about another race. I'm willing to bet that you have an associate or family member who has said something about a Mexican or a black person. Does this make you a racists? Of course not.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2008, 07:56 AM   #31
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Most of the things Reverend Wright have said are true? You're kidding right? Like the government invented Aids to get rid of African Americans. Okay... The US of KKK America. God Damn America! The white man is the devil! Anyone that agrees with these things is a racist, and I do not believe Obama never heard any of these things during the 20 year close relationship he had with Wright. He is def a liar, and possibly a racist as well.

And it's common knowledge that the drive by media is biased towards liberals. It's pointless to even argue. Do you even watch the news?
Listen to the whole sermon....
The basis of the argument is that American needs to watch its actions because God is watching. The famed words of "God Damn American" was him saying that if we dont change some our ways, God will have retribution on us.
To any Christian, white, black or otherwise, these words are universal. I challenge you to listen to whole speech and not the 10 second clips and tell me if what he said is really so bad, or are so many having an emotional outcry over the fact that a black pastor told us that our shit stinks sometime (which we already knew, but we like to hold our nose and cover the stench with the thought of good ole American apple pie and hot dogs).

Now about your list, the only statement that qualifies as a racist statement in my eyes is the white man is a devil statement (did he say this? If so, could you please provide a link? I cant find any references). The other statements in your list, while controversial are not racist.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2008, 08:04 AM   #32
FirstClass
Brigadier General

Lyndon, go look up the difference in meaning between "might be" and "is".

Quote:
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2008, 08:12 AM   #33
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:

After my reply, this is all you have to say?
Are you not going to answer my question? Do you have any associates who say racially divisive language. If you say that you dont, you're probably not telling the truth. I will be honest, i do. I think everyone does.
If you say that you do, by your own account, you are a racist.

Which is it?

Last edited by lyndon_h; 05-15-2008 at 08:27 AM.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2008, 08:43 AM   #34
flyinb501
Lieutenant

Quote:
I see your problem. You don't read your own posts. Actually it was YOU who called all republicans racist. You also insulted me by calling me an idiot in the same post. You responded to a post I made that was not directed at you. It was directed at someone else, which means you attacked me without provocation. See below.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=293

You keep making my case. In the above post you just insulted me by implying I'm ignorant. I never used that word or suggested you were, but hey, if the shoe fits ...

Haha you know I was being sacracstic in that thread. Of course I do not think republicans are racist. Try not to be such a smart azz. You think you are pretty clever don't you?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2008, 08:44 AM   #35
flyinb501
Lieutenant

Quote:

I said it is a possiblity. I didn't say he was.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2008, 09:14 AM   #36
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Haha you know I was being sacracstic in that thread.
How would I know that? I don't know you. But I do think it's interesting you think I should give you the benefit of a doubt, but you can't seem to find it in you to give Obama the benefit of a doubt when his whole campaign message is one of unity and bringing the country together.

Quote:
You think you are pretty clever don't you?
Pointing out your contradictions and mistatements is not a matter of being clever, it's a matter of setting the record straight.

Last edited by BKsBimmer; 05-15-2008 at 09:32 AM.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2008, 09:19 AM   #37
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Lyndon, I think he just asked you to define for him what the meaning of "is" is.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2008, 11:18 AM   #38
FirstClass
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndon_h View Post
After my reply, this is all you have to say?
Are you not going to answer my question? Do you have any associates who say racially divisive language. If you say that you dont, you're probably not telling the truth. I will be honest, i do. I think everyone does.
If you say that you do, by your own account, you are a racist.

Which is it?
Everybody is a racist, it's human nature. What matters is if you publicize it and act on it and try to make others act on it.
Quote:
Lyndon, I think he just asked you to define for him what the meaning of "is" is.
Thanks for pointing that one out. You damn liberals can't seem to figure out what "is" means.

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2008, 11:24 AM   #39
ganeil
Colonel

Drives: 328i Coupe

Quote:
How would I know that? I don't know you. But I do think it's interesting you think I should give you the benefit of a doubt, but you can't seem to find it in you to give Obama the benefit of a doubt when his whole campaign message is one of unity and bringing the country together.
That may be the message he is trying to sell but it certainly is not reflective in the way he has lived or legislated.

He chose to go to a church that preaches racial divisiveness, he chose to associate with unrepentant terrorists, and he chose to be one of the least bi-partisan members of the US Senate.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
ganeil is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2008, 11:32 AM   #40
LuisSF
Major

Drives: '13 128i 6mt m-sport

Garage List
2007 328xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Because he has nothing to do with McCain aside from an endorsement. Wright was Obama's pastor for 20 years, married him, baptized his kids, was appointed spiritual adviser to his campaign et al. I agree Hagee is an idiot.
Actually McCain pandered to Hagee to get his endorsement. Just like McCain panders to other hate-mongers to get them to like him. That's a big difference.
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...future+classic
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2008, 11:43 AM   #41
FirstClass
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by lem144 View Post
Actually McCain pandered to Hagee to get his endorsement. Just like McCain panders to other hate-mongers to get them to like him. That's a big difference.
Obviously he pandered for the endorsement, the difference is he didn't realize he was a nutjob.

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2008, 12:53 PM   #42
flyinb501
Lieutenant

Quote:

Pointing out your contradictions and mistatements is not a matter of being clever, it's a matter of setting the record straight.

Well I guess I just assumed you would pick up on the sarcasm I suppose since it is not very likely someone would call there own entire party racists. You were the one that used awful, untrue words to describe the republican party.

I'm glad we have the record straight now though.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2008, 01:02 PM   #43
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Obviously he pandered for the endorsement, the difference is he didn't realize he was a nutjob.
Huh??? Everyone that knows anything about politics knows that Hagee is a nutjob and has been for a while.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2008, 01:37 PM   #44
fedinand
Major

Drives: '11 X3, '11 GTI

Quote:
He knew full well what he was - Hell, Hagee has been well documented in his craziness and he published a book - McCain Knew..don't even try it. When the general election comes around you will all see how out there he is...and don't forget the other nut job Parsly - he is just as bad.
fedinand is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0