BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Lux Angel Eyes

04-25-2008, 02:53 PM   #1
e90im
Brigadier General
United_States

Drives: f30

Meet Team McCain: Pastor John Hagee

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2008, 04:34 PM   #2
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom

Drives: *

Out of interest, how do you embed videos in your post? I tried before and couldnt get it to work. Badly written instructions on some forum were useless
      04-25-2008, 06:02 PM   #3
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Youtube is easy. Just get the identifier from the youtube video you want to display. Place it between the BB codes for youtube like this:
Code:
[*u2b]zASVwKZglAM[*/u2b]
Leave out the asterisks. I just put them there so you could see the code format. Without the asterisks it will show the youtube video.

What do you have?

PanamaJohn.dominates.us

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2008, 07:13 PM   #4
e90im
Brigadier General
United_States

Drives: f30

About youtube...^ what he said...

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 08:14 PM   #5
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: e90

Hagee is a scary man, but the media ignores his rants. i wonder why that is?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 08:27 PM   #6
flyinb501
Lieutenant

Drives: G35 Coupe, Dodge Ram

Yes he is a moron, but McCain does not go to his church. I don't see what the bid deal is. Obama is endorsed by terrorists, and Reverend Wright is far worse than Hagee it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndon_h View Post

Oh c'mon man... Everyone knows the media heavily favors Obama. Obama has had a very easy ride, besides the short Reverend Wright stint which should have been much worse.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 08:59 PM   #7
FirstClass
Brigadier General

Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Because he has nothing to do with McCain aside from an endorsement. Wright was Obama's pastor for 20 years, married him, baptized his kids, was appointed spiritual adviser to his campaign et al. I agree Hagee is an idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 11:01 PM   #8
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinb501 View Post
Yes he is a moron, but McCain does not go to his church. I don't see what the bid deal is. Obama is endorsed by terrorists, and Reverend Wright is far worse than Hagee it seems.

Oh c'mon man... Everyone knows the media heavily favors Obama. Obama has had a very easy ride, besides the short Reverend Wright stint which should have been much worse.

I'll have to disagree with you on both points:

1st: I think it worse that McCain sought the endorsement of a man who is known to be extremely hateful. The difference here is that while Wright has said some controversial things, most of them have been true, but they have been presented poorly. Further more, it is much easier for Obama to look at the church's work and simply overlook some of Wright's more aggressive comments. McCain wasn't looking to be a part of a broader community, he was looking directly for Hagee's endorsement.

Ahhh, the Hamas "endorsement". Another fine piece of misinformation. The man who said that Obama would make a good president was not a member of Hamas. This man is a journalist that has written editorials for the New York Times, so he's not some crazy radical. If i were a terrorists, I would want George Bush or someone with his foreign policy ideals to be president. The war in Iraq and the Whitehouse's idiotic mumblings about Iran only help terrorist recruiting. So if you think that Hamas is trying to influence the election, it would be favorable for them to make sure that John McCain gets in office and continues the war in Iraq and continues the destabilization of the region.

#2: I'd be willing to say that the media favors McCain. McCain has created a great atmosphere with many in the media. He allows them to get a first hand view of an unpresidented level. And because of that, he has gather much good will from the press. When a candidate calls the media "His Base", its hard to argue that the media is conspiring against him.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 11:08 PM   #9
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
Because he has nothing to do with McCain aside from an endorsement. Wright was Obama's pastor for 20 years, married him, baptized his kids, was appointed spiritual adviser to his campaign et al. I agree Hagee is an idiot.

Its kinda like falling in love with a girl only to find out she was kinda crazy, vs openly choosing to date a crazy girl.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 11:52 PM   #10
FirstClass
Brigadier General

Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Its kinda like falling in love with a girl only to find out she was kinda crazy, vs openly choosing to date a crazy girl.
Couldn't have said it better myself. (Though you may have the associations reversed based on your above post) McCain sought an endorsement and now he's found out the guy's a wacko whereas Obama sat there for a couple decades listening to the rabble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 06:39 AM   #11
ganeil
Colonel
United_States

Drives: 328i Coupe

Quote:
Pastor Hagee apologizes for anti-Catholic remarks
May 13 03:51 PM US/Eastern
By JIM KUHNHENN
Associated Press Writer
WASHINGTON (AP) - John Hagee, an influential Texas televangelist who endorsed John McCain, apologized to Catholics Tuesday for his stinging criticism of the Roman Catholic Church and for having "emphasized the darkest chapters in the history of Catholic and Protestant relations with the Jews."

Hagee's support for McCain has drawn cries of outrage from some Catholic leaders who have called on McCain to reject Hagee's endorsement. The likely Republican nominee has said he does not agree with some of Hagee's past comments, but did not reject his support.

In a letter to William Donohue, president of the Catholic League for Civil and Religious Rights, Hagee wrote: "Out of a desire to advance a greater unity among Catholics and evangelicals in promoting the common good, I want to express my deep regret for any comments that Catholics have found hurtful."

Donohue, one of Hagee's sharpest critics, said he accepted the apology and planned to meet with Hagee Thursday in New York.

"I got what I wanted," Donohue said in an interview. "He's seen the light, as they like to say. So for me it's over."...
Source

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 08:07 AM   #12
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel

Oh, and back to the silly "Hamas endorsement". You do realize that Iran "endorsed" Bush in 2004, right? Why wasn't Bush grilled for that? The reason is because its silly to grill someone because someone else, whether we agree with them politically or not, says that you would make a good president.

http://www.news24.com/News24/World/U...607809,00.html
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 08:43 AM   #13
dr335is
Brigadier General

Drives: GTI

Quote:
Oh, and back to the silly "Hamas endorsement". You do realize that Iran "endorsed" Bush in 2004, right? Why wasn't Bush grilled for that? The reason is because its silly to grill someone because someone else, whether we agree with them politically or not, says that you would make a good president.

http://www.news24.com/News24/World/U...607809,00.html
But O'Riley forgot to mention that...
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 08:44 AM   #14
flyinb501
Lieutenant

Quote:
I'll have to disagree with you on both points:

1st: I think it worse that McCain sought the endorsement of a man who is known to be extremely hateful. The difference here is that while Wright has said some controversial things, most of them have been true, but they have been presented poorly. Further more, it is much easier for Obama to look at the church's work and simply overlook some of Wright's more aggressive comments. McCain wasn't looking to be a part of a broader community, he was looking directly for Hagee's endorsement.

#2: I'd be willing to say that the media favors McCain. McCain has created a great atmosphere with many in the media. He allows them to get a first hand view of an unpresidented level. And because of that, he has gather much good will from the press. When a candidate calls the media "His Base", its hard to argue that the media is conspiring against him.

Most of the things Reverend Wright have said are true? You're kidding right? Like the government invented Aids to get rid of African Americans. Okay... The US of KKK America. God Damn America! The white man is the devil! Anyone that agrees with these things is a racist, and I do not believe Obama never heard any of these things during the 20 year close relationship he had with Wright. He is def a liar, and possibly a racist as well.

And it's common knowledge that the drive by media is biased towards liberals. It's pointless to even argue. Do you even watch the news?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 09:24 AM   #15
ganeil
Colonel
United_States

Drives: 328i Coupe

Quote:
I
Ahhh, the Hamas "endorsement". Another fine piece of misinformation. The man who said that Obama would make a good president was not a member of Hamas. This man is a journalist that has written editorials for the New York Times, so he's not some crazy radical.
Ahmed Yousef is not a journalist by any stretch of the imagination. He is a political adviser to Ismail Haniya, the Hamas leader in the Palestinian parliament. Claiming he is not a member of Hamas is like saying James Carville is not a Democrat.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 09:29 AM   #16
Couch
Colonel

Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Couch
Quote:
Most of the things Reverend Wright have said are true? You're kidding right? Like the government invented Aids to get rid of African Americans. Okay... The US of KKK America. God Damn America! The white man is the devil! Anyone that agrees with these things is a racist, and I do not believe Obama never heard any of these things during the 20 year close relationship he had with Wright. He is def a liar, and possibly a racist as well.

And it's common knowledge that the drive by media is biased towards liberals. It's pointless to even argue. Do you even watch the news?
Exactly. Change the Rev. to a white man and flip white to black, and he will be blasted as a racist, not "controversial". I love how the media has used the term controversial to define Wright, when it's clearly flat out hate. The guy is off the rocker.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 11:31 AM   #17
fedinand
Major
United_States

Drives: '11 X3, '11 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
Don't forget that he said Hurricane Katrina was Gods way of punishing "evil New Orleans" and many many other "interesting things...all you have to do is Google Hagee. Like I said when it comes down to Obama vs McCain - all this stuff and more will come out - McCain basically has a free pass until the general.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 01:00 PM   #18
TMNT
Captain

Drives: 330ci ZHP

Quote:
I do not believe Obama never heard any of these things during the 20 year close relationship he had with Wright. He is def a liar, and possibly a racist as well.
hmmm maybe you don't watch enough of it, or just listen to FOX news. Obama has stated that he in fact HAS heard Wright say wacky things, he has never said otherwise....and your calling Obama a racist?

Are you serious? Racist to what? 50% of his DNA?

Listen and learn:

What other congressman has ever talked about Race in this country like Obama did in this speech? No one.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 04:24 PM   #19
fedinand
Major
United_States

Quote:

Even you would have to agree that there is in fact a history of racism in America and Rev. Wright's generation was in the middle of it. The gov't also has a history of experimenting on black people - ever hear of the Tuskegee experiment? http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0762136.html so what he says has some basis and is his experience - you don't have to agree with him to see his perspective.

Do you watch the news? - I can't imagine you watching anything but Fox News. Stop with this stupid propaganda....Who the hell owns most of the media...certainly not Liberals unless you consider Rupert Murdoch a liberal...and Fox News is simply the biggest joke w/ their fair and balanced reporting.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 05:32 PM   #20
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2006 330xi Titanium Silver

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:

I'm sure he watches the news. He sounds like a very intelligent well read person. He probably just doesn't watch Fox news where you seem to get so much of your perpective from.

For someone so sensitive about being called a racist you certainly have no problem using that word to describe others. In fact I've noticed you're quick to use insults and epithets whenever you disagree with someone's point of view. It's pretty childish.

I personally think Rev Wright is whacky, but certainly not dangerous, and nothing I've heard him say or have read that he has said indicates any racism at all. Some might argue his rantings are paranoid, or anti-American, but not racist.
330xi/TiAg/Black/Alum/6sp/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/CA/CW/PDC/Sirius Satellite Radio/OEM Spoiler/Blacklines/19" Axis Hiro Hyper Silver/Toyo Proxes 4 Ultra High Performance all season F 235/35/19 R 265/30/19/10mm spacers F/15mm spacers R/M3 front bumber/M-tech rear bumper
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 06:24 PM   #21
flyinb501
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKsBimmer View Post

For someone so sensitive about being called a racist you certainly have no problem using that word to describe others. In fact I've noticed you're quick to use insults and epithets whenever you disagree with someone's point of view. It's pretty childish.

I said Obama is possibly a racist, and yes I do believe Wright is. Who else did I accuse? If I remember correctly, you are the one making those accusations. You called all republicans racists, and I am the ignorant one? I have not insulted anyone on this site unless they attacked me first.

We'll have to agree to disagree on Wright. Unfortunately for your canidate a large percentage of the American population agree with me, even large amount of democrats. Look at the surveys.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 07:39 PM   #22
fedinand
Major
United_States

Quote:
I said Obama is possibly a racist
You obviously don't know much about Obama. If you have ever heard him talk about his mother, you would know how incredibly stupid and offensive that statement is.
http://indrayam.com/archives/us-pres...008/001376.php
Appreciate 0