BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
European Auto Source
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-02-2008, 08:54 AM   #45
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
KonigsTiger's Avatar
66
Rep
4,398
Posts

 
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dweller

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edlms View Post
good news...
did the dyno post-mods. 7 to 18 hp increase across the rev range.
will post the dyno graph later tonight on my other thread.

cheers

update - dyno graph posted at http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136729

cheers
Wow!!! I expected much less!!!!! They are installing mine as I write!!!!!
__________________
==================================================
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2008, 10:53 AM   #46
KINGLEH
Major
KINGLEH's Avatar
33
Rep
1,043
Posts

 
Drives: 00 GTR - 09 E92 M
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Charleston, SC

iTrader: (1)

not a bad increase....

and im sure it sounds 10 times faster too....
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2008, 10:54 AM   #47
KINGLEH
Major
KINGLEH's Avatar
33
Rep
1,043
Posts

 
Drives: 00 GTR - 09 E92 M
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Charleston, SC

iTrader: (1)

oh and after looking at the factory intake setup... im impressed with how they did it...


does anyone have pics of the factory filter design?

a K&N filter only will prob be all i do.....
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2008, 03:04 PM   #48
edlms
Private First Class
edlms's Avatar
3
Rep
149
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-M-Mexico View Post
Wow!!! I expected much less!!!!! They are installing mine as I write!!!!!
think you're going to love them... the aural improvement is sublime...
and you can feel the increase too...

btw, one of my pals uploaded some vids of the intake and exhaust and posted by Ray33... hope you like a teaser taste... sounds much better from the driver's seat.

cheers
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2008, 04:02 PM   #49
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
KonigsTiger's Avatar
66
Rep
4,398
Posts

 
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dweller

iTrader: (0)

Thanks edlms for all the information!! I can't wait to get back and see how mine looks. I'm out of the country right now.
__________________
==================================================
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2008, 07:03 PM   #50
nlpamg
MBWorld Spy
United_States
7
Rep
588
Posts

 
Drives: M5, GT-R BE, C250
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (1)

damn! that intake looks amazing!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 11:39 AM   #51
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
KonigsTiger's Avatar
66
Rep
4,398
Posts

 
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dweller

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edlms View Post
think you're going to love them... the aural improvement is sublime...
and you can feel the increase too...

btw, one of my pals uploaded some vids of the intake and exhaust and posted by Ray33... hope you like a teaser taste... sounds much better from the driver's seat.

cheers
100% agree, the aural improvement is remarkable and I do "feel" improved throttle response etc... thanks for all the info!!! Here´s a pic of mine!!
Attached Images
 
__________________
==================================================
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2008, 12:28 AM   #52
KINGLEH
Major
KINGLEH's Avatar
33
Rep
1,043
Posts

 
Drives: 00 GTR - 09 E92 M
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Charleston, SC

iTrader: (1)

baller
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2008, 04:03 AM   #53
Mickb
Private First Class
4
Rep
137
Posts

 
Drives: AW/FR E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ireland

iTrader: (0)

Nice work.

Would have been nice to see dynos with each mod added separately to figure out how much HP was added by the exhaust and how much by the intake.

At 7hp, I suspect most of this was due to the exhaust. The stock airbox looks very efficient and I can't see how the GruppeM design could really improve on it (bar sound)
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2008, 04:49 AM   #54
edlms
Private First Class
edlms's Avatar
3
Rep
149
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickb View Post
Would have been nice to see dynos with each mod added separately to figure out how much HP was added by the exhaust and how much by the intake.

At 7hp, I suspect most of this was due to the exhaust. The stock airbox looks very efficient and I can't see how the GruppeM design could really improve on it (bar sound)
i know what you mean... that was the original intention (to do 2 separate dynos) but... sigh...

the sound is pretty good though...

BMW-M-Mexico - glad you're enjoying the mods as much as i am. you're going (or gone) in a direction that i'm following closely. really like what you've done with your car.

there was a car show in japan recently (just this weekend i think) and many mods were on show. interesting stuff... i'll post the link if i can find it, cos my shop guy who went got photos that he took only.

of note, a side skirt add-on from 3D is interesting.

cheers
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2008, 10:31 AM   #55
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
KonigsTiger's Avatar
66
Rep
4,398
Posts

 
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dweller

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edlms View Post
i know what you mean... that was the original intention (to do 2 separate dynos) but... sigh...

the sound is pretty good though...

BMW-M-Mexico - glad you're enjoying the mods as much as i am. you're going (or gone) in a direction that i'm following closely. really like what you've done with your car.

there was a car show in japan recently (just this weekend i think) and many mods were on show. interesting stuff... i'll post the link if i can find it, cos my shop guy who went got photos that he took only.

of note, a side skirt add-on from 3D is interesting.

cheers
Thanks, I appreciate your comments, advise and suggestions!!!
__________________
==================================================
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2008, 11:00 AM   #56
SS32
Major
SS32's Avatar
57
Rep
1,431
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Raleigh, NC

iTrader: (0)

BMW-M-Mexico, I'm going to need to see a drive-by video...
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2008, 02:19 PM   #57
ChaneRZ
If You Aint First, You're last !!!
ChaneRZ's Avatar
United_States
39
Rep
2,509
Posts

 
Drives: 08 BMW 335i, 01 Honda Prelude
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGLEH View Post
baller
+1
__________________

08 BMW BSM 335i 6MT (Sports, Premium, NAV, PDC, AS, IPOD, HD Radio, Rear Sunshade, OEM Alarm) Angel iBright V3, Luminics Fog Bulb, Turbo Tuner, K&N Drop in Filter, Dinan Exhaust, Dinan Pedals, Vorsteiner CF Front Lip, and CF Rear Diffuser. Ordered:08/25/07 Started: 09/09/07 Finished: 09/14/07 On Ship: 09/15/07 Arrived: 10/08/07 Delivered: 10/10/07
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2008, 03:26 PM   #58
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
KonigsTiger's Avatar
66
Rep
4,398
Posts

 
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dweller

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmoo32 View Post
BMW-M-Mexico, I'm going to need to see a drive-by video...
Will try to do that this week but certainly over the weekend!
__________________
==================================================
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 01:38 AM   #59
hankit
Second Lieutenant
hankit's Avatar
Hong Kong
4
Rep
279
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Where I can find the vid's...im planning to get one of these but really want to hear what it sounds like~~~

Can you point me to the direction or post a link??
Thankss~~~
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2008, 07:27 PM   #60
HK_M3
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
48
Posts

 
Drives: 335 Sedan, Sport - Euro D June
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The Better Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Updates PG?
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2008, 10:45 AM   #61
PunjabiM3
Lieutenant Colonel
PunjabiM3's Avatar
India
35
Rep
1,831
Posts

 
Drives: R8 5.2 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Oro Valley, AZ

iTrader: (1)

How much is the Gruppe M exhaust? Intake looks great, but I highly doubt that successive dynos would show the 7-18hp increase discussed earlier. I am thinking this increase is likely due to the filter in the GruppeM unit being less restrictive and not the design on the intake. Wait a few months, drop in a BMC or Streamline filter when it comes available, and I bet it would show the same increase as this intake for $2500 less. Very pretty intake, but for $2800 I will pass and much rather spend that money on an exhaust...
__________________
2012 Audi R8 V10, 6MT, Suzuka Gray, Capristo X-Pipe, Klassen M52R, GMG springs, R8 GT tails, Satin Black badges
2012 Audi A6 3.0T Prestige, Moonlight Blue
2015 BMW X5 35d, Mineral White
Previous: 11 e82 1M, Several 911's & M3's
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2008, 07:26 PM   #62
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
KonigsTiger's Avatar
66
Rep
4,398
Posts

 
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dweller

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunjabiM3 View Post
How much is the Gruppe M exhaust? Intake looks great, but I highly doubt that successive dynos would show the 7-18hp increase discussed earlier. I am thinking this increase is likely due to the filter in the GruppeM unit being less restrictive and not the design on the intake. Wait a few months, drop in a BMC or Streamline filter when it comes available, and I bet it would show the same increase as this intake for $2500 less. Very pretty intake, but for $2800 I will pass and much rather spend that money on an exhaust...
Yep, if you don't have the extra cash, I think your probably correct. But I'm pretty certain you wouldn't get that RAM air sound either.
__________________
==================================================
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2008, 08:09 PM   #63
eclipsisNA
Colonel
United_States
114
Rep
2,938
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 Estoril 328i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beverly Hills, CA

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [3.88]
OP or Mexico, do you guys have any drive-by vids of the GruppeM exhaust? The video on their website doesn't really give you an idea of what it would sound like out in the open. I had their titanium exhaust on my E46 M and loved it!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2008, 11:22 PM   #64
edlms
Private First Class
edlms's Avatar
3
Rep
149
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (0)

Updated with Drive By Vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcellere View Post
OP or Mexico, do you guys have any drive-by vids of the GruppeM exhaust? The video on their website doesn't really give you an idea of what it would sound like out in the open. I had their titanium exhaust on my E46 M and loved it!
As requested...



cheers

Last edited by edlms; 07-04-2008 at 10:30 AM.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2008, 10:58 AM   #65
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
KonigsTiger's Avatar
66
Rep
4,398
Posts

 
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dweller

iTrader: (0)

Yep, that is how it sounds!!!
__________________
==================================================
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2008, 09:17 PM   #66
CatchM3
Major
CatchM3's Avatar
United_States
37
Rep
1,199
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 F80 M3 Mineral Grey
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Boca Raton

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 E90 M3  [4.50]
OK, i think this is going to be my next purchase...I hope it's worth the money.
__________________
2015 MG M3 // Blck Ext Merino Leather // Driver Assistance Plus // Exec Package // Lighting Package // M Double Clutch // Adaptive M Suspension // 19" Blck Wheel 437 M Mix Tire // CF interior trim // Navi system // Harman Kardon surround system // Full IND ext cosmetic pckge Gloss Black // BMW CF perform trunk spoiler // 35% window tint // 15mm Macht Schnell // Powder coated Gloss Black Exhaust Tips //
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:19 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST