BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-18-2008, 04:23 PM   #1
Greenspotpop
Second Lieutenant
Greenspotpop's Avatar
6
Rep
210
Posts

Drives: Manual M3 and Manual Gallardo
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canada

iTrader: (1)

Anybody here own/purchased/used the new HP Blackbird 02?

Upgraded my car, looking to upgrade my rig as well!

I've read online reviews about this compared to the Dell XPS, and PC Gamer I think gave the HP Blackbird a very high score.

Was wondering if anyone here has ordered from HP Computers, or does anyone here own the Blackbird?

Thanks!

http://h20435.www2.hp.com/#
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 05:10 PM   #2
b335i
First Lieutenant
b335i's Avatar
3
Rep
386
Posts

Drives: 2008 e92 335i, 2012 f10 535i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: socal

iTrader: (3)

save money, build your own FTW!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 05:52 PM   #3
FirstClass
Brigadier General
32
Rep
3,199
Posts

Drives: 328xi
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by b335i View Post
save money, build your own FTW!
+infinity
__________________
328xi Coupe, Montego Blue on Black with Alum, Step, Sport, Premium, CA, PDC, Cold Weather (Damn Pennsylvania winters)
Current Mods: Heavy right foot - Planned Mods: Lightweight right foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 05:54 PM   #4
iatacs19
Major General
iatacs19's Avatar
United_States
102
Rep
5,208
Posts

Drives: 335is
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC

iTrader: (6)

the stand is made of machine aluminum, 1 piece.
__________________
If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.


BMWCCA Referral
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 06:18 PM   #5
FirstClass
Brigadier General
32
Rep
3,199
Posts

Drives: 328xi
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

iTrader: (0)

Hehe, just configured a maxed out Blackbird and it was $7,300, the same components from Newegg and Frozen CPU were $4,200.
__________________
328xi Coupe, Montego Blue on Black with Alum, Step, Sport, Premium, CA, PDC, Cold Weather (Damn Pennsylvania winters)
Current Mods: Heavy right foot - Planned Mods: Lightweight right foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 06:23 PM   #6
gum5h03
Galactic Emperor
gum5h03's Avatar
17
Rep
801
Posts

Drives: Fast
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: WA

iTrader: (3)

Yet another clueless PC vendor trying to spiff up their image with overpriced machines. Just what the world needs...
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 06:24 PM   #7
DrEvil
In charge of Evil Empire
DrEvil's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
313
Posts

Drives: 2009 X6 5.0
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Denver

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 911 Targa 4S  [0.00]
2008 335xi cpe  [0.00]
2007 530xi  [0.00]
2006 Mustang  [0.00]
2001 Audi A8  [0.00]
1997 Subaru SVX  [0.00]
1985 Mustang  [0.00]
1982 Mustang II  [0.00]
I have had my Dedication Edition Blackbird 002 for a few months. This system is absolutely superb in every way. I would bet you have never seen a PC like this.

I usually build my own systems, but jumped at this because the price of the dedication rig was pretty good considering whats in it. I mean, dual 8800 GTX ultras? This system wont be out of date for at least 12 months. All my other rigs are cutting edge for about 2 months.

The liquid cooling is awesome. The case design is a work of art. Access is the best ever.

If you have the money, get this thing, then get COD 4, Crysis, and Bioshock.
__________________
For now -- Frozen White 2013 BMW M3 and Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
Recent - 2009 Porsche 911 Targa 4S; 2009 X6 5.0i; Aston Martin V8V; 2012 BMW 650
Prior --- 2008 E92 335xi|6MT|Dinan ECU|Dinan Free Flow|KW V3 Coilovers|Monoco Blue Metallic|Goldenrod
--- Nav/USB/PDC/Sport/Premium/Cold Wthr|Yokohama ADVAN Sport|Raptor plates ---> SOLD
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 06:26 PM   #8
DrEvil
In charge of Evil Empire
DrEvil's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
313
Posts

Drives: 2009 X6 5.0
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Denver

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 911 Targa 4S  [0.00]
2008 335xi cpe  [0.00]
2007 530xi  [0.00]
2006 Mustang  [0.00]
2001 Audi A8  [0.00]
1997 Subaru SVX  [0.00]
1985 Mustang  [0.00]
1982 Mustang II  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenspotpop View Post
Upgraded my car, looking to upgrade my rig as well!

I've read online reviews about this compared to the Dell XPS, and PC Gamer I think gave the HP Blackbird a very high score.

Was wondering if anyone here has ordered from HP Computers, or does anyone here own the Blackbird?

Thanks!

http://h20435.www2.hp.com/#
Oh - regarding your comment about ordering from HP. THAT part gave me pause because I have some dogs from HP.

The Blackbird, however, is made in Canada by Voodoo. You are basically getting an out-of-this-world Voodoo at HP prices.
__________________
For now -- Frozen White 2013 BMW M3 and Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
Recent - 2009 Porsche 911 Targa 4S; 2009 X6 5.0i; Aston Martin V8V; 2012 BMW 650
Prior --- 2008 E92 335xi|6MT|Dinan ECU|Dinan Free Flow|KW V3 Coilovers|Monoco Blue Metallic|Goldenrod
--- Nav/USB/PDC/Sport/Premium/Cold Wthr|Yokohama ADVAN Sport|Raptor plates ---> SOLD
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 06:39 PM   #9
FirstClass
Brigadier General
32
Rep
3,199
Posts

Drives: 328xi
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEvil View Post
I usually build my own systems, but jumped at this because the price of the dedication rig was pretty good considering whats in it.
Did you read my post? The Blackbird is 74% more expensive than buying the components yourself and building a PC. If you don't know how to to it and have no desire to learn and money to burn, I can understand buying one, but if you know how to build PCs why would you have bought one?
__________________
328xi Coupe, Montego Blue on Black with Alum, Step, Sport, Premium, CA, PDC, Cold Weather (Damn Pennsylvania winters)
Current Mods: Heavy right foot - Planned Mods: Lightweight right foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 06:44 PM   #10
DrEvil
In charge of Evil Empire
DrEvil's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
313
Posts

Drives: 2009 X6 5.0
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Denver

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 911 Targa 4S  [0.00]
2008 335xi cpe  [0.00]
2007 530xi  [0.00]
2006 Mustang  [0.00]
2001 Audi A8  [0.00]
1997 Subaru SVX  [0.00]
1985 Mustang  [0.00]
1982 Mustang II  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
Did you read my post? The Blackbird is 74% more expensive than buying the components yourself and building a PC. If you don't know how to to it and have no desire to learn and money to burn, I can understand buying one, but if you know how to build PCs why would you have bought one?
Yep

3-5 months ago, the price of the dedication edition system was lower than the price of the component!! I paid about $5000. At the time, a qx6850 was > $1000 and a single GTX 8800 ultra was like $730.

The dedication system is no longer made, they produced 503 of them.
__________________
For now -- Frozen White 2013 BMW M3 and Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
Recent - 2009 Porsche 911 Targa 4S; 2009 X6 5.0i; Aston Martin V8V; 2012 BMW 650
Prior --- 2008 E92 335xi|6MT|Dinan ECU|Dinan Free Flow|KW V3 Coilovers|Monoco Blue Metallic|Goldenrod
--- Nav/USB/PDC/Sport/Premium/Cold Wthr|Yokohama ADVAN Sport|Raptor plates ---> SOLD
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 06:53 PM   #11
AndrewAZ
Major
AndrewAZ's Avatar
47
Rep
1,244
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

My latest home built computer is 200mhz slower than their bottom of the line $2,500 rig. But I have twice the memory running at a higher clock speed, to upgrade the graphics card from mine to what they have would cost just a few $100 more. I also have a 20 inch monitor. My total cost was $1,100 and my single largest cost was windows vista.

Your paying for marketing and a name..
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 07:30 PM   #12
TiAg335i
Trance Life
TiAg335i's Avatar
United_States
127
Rep
4,710
Posts

Drives: 2007 E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEvil View Post
I have had my Dedication Edition Blackbird 002 for a few months. This system is absolutely superb in every way. I would bet you have never seen a PC like this.

I usually build my own systems, but jumped at this because the price of the dedication rig was pretty good considering whats in it. I mean, dual 8800 GTX ultras? This system wont be out of date for at least 12 months. All my other rigs are cutting edge for about 2 months.

The liquid cooling is awesome. The case design is a work of art. Access is the best ever.

If you have the money, get this thing, then get COD 4, Crysis, and Bioshock.
And uh..World of Warcraft? Only good game u listed there is COD 4.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 07:36 PM   #13
FirstClass
Brigadier General
32
Rep
3,199
Posts

Drives: 328xi
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAg335i View Post
And uh..World of Warcraft? Only good game u listed there is COD 4.
Ah, a FOTM gamer. Out, out I say.
WoW isn't graphically demanding at all (nor a good game imo, but that's subjective). You can run it on max settings on a crappy as hell machine. Crysis is the best looking video game ever released, though I agree gameplay is somewhat lacking (not that you've played it by the sound of it) and Bioshock I've linked below.
Bioshock: http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/924919.asp
__________________
328xi Coupe, Montego Blue on Black with Alum, Step, Sport, Premium, CA, PDC, Cold Weather (Damn Pennsylvania winters)
Current Mods: Heavy right foot - Planned Mods: Lightweight right foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 09:02 PM   #14
DrEvil
In charge of Evil Empire
DrEvil's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
313
Posts

Drives: 2009 X6 5.0
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Denver

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 911 Targa 4S  [0.00]
2008 335xi cpe  [0.00]
2007 530xi  [0.00]
2006 Mustang  [0.00]
2001 Audi A8  [0.00]
1997 Subaru SVX  [0.00]
1985 Mustang  [0.00]
1982 Mustang II  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewAZ View Post
My latest home built computer is 200mhz slower than their bottom of the line $2,500 rig. But I have twice the memory running at a higher clock speed, to upgrade the graphics card from mine to what they have would cost just a few $100 more. I also have a 20 inch monitor. My total cost was $1,100 and my single largest cost was windows vista.

Your paying for marketing and a name..
26" monitor. 1980 resolution. Bose Companion 5.

System memory cannot go above 2 gB, because each video card has 768 mB, so, you can't really have more memory unless you are running vista 64 bit.

I agree you can build similar for less, but the coolness factor of dedicated interior compartments, liquid, 1.1 kW power supply, 6 swappable HHD slot, etc, made it worth it. My other 3 home computers are more sedate.
__________________
For now -- Frozen White 2013 BMW M3 and Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
Recent - 2009 Porsche 911 Targa 4S; 2009 X6 5.0i; Aston Martin V8V; 2012 BMW 650
Prior --- 2008 E92 335xi|6MT|Dinan ECU|Dinan Free Flow|KW V3 Coilovers|Monoco Blue Metallic|Goldenrod
--- Nav/USB/PDC/Sport/Premium/Cold Wthr|Yokohama ADVAN Sport|Raptor plates ---> SOLD
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2008, 12:44 PM   #15
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Kiemyster's Avatar
Trinidad_and_tobago
95
Rep
3,134
Posts

Drives: E90x4 (M3, 335xi, 325xi,320i)
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Queens/NYC

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
lol.... dont waste ur time. XPS 700 FTW!
__________________
"AMG What! S-Line Who? If you ain't got that M I got no respect for you!"
'06 Alpine Weiss E90 320i | '06 The Green Machine E90 325xi | '11 Alpine Weiss E90 M3 ZCP | '10 Silverstone X5M | '11 Alpine Weiss E90 335xi
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:57 PM.




m3post
m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST