BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Racewerkz Engineering

04-20-2008, 05:14 PM   #23
ideliver
Major

Drives: 08 E60 M5 & 08 Infiniti QX56

Garage List
2006 MB S430 SOLD  [0.00]
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneginee View Post
I went through and graduated from superior and special mathematics classes in France (Math sup/ Math spé). If you do not know about these I suggest you search it. You're quite presomptuous, same comment to you about trying to "one up" me.
Am I supposed to be impressed?

The world is full of people who get educations in fine colleges. Heck, our President is a Yale b-school graduate.

If your posts are responsive, accurate and helpful...no one cares where you went to school...
Cars I've owned '76 Chevelle 350 RIP '82 Monte Carlo 350 RIP '82 Mustang 302 RIP '88 Honda CRX RIP '88 Olds Toronado sold '94 Toyota Tercel sold '99 Acura TL sold 2002 Porsche 911 sold 2003 E46 M3 Blk/gr 2006 MB S430 sold Current: 2008 Infiniti QX56 & 2008 E60 M5

Last edited by ideliver; 04-20-2008 at 05:16 PM. Reason: spelling
      04-20-2008, 05:17 PM   #24
lucid
Major General

Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneginee View Post
I gave a full mathematical answer to the original question that leaves no possible doubt. Yes I read your comment and there is nothing meaningless about superimposing two curves even if using different scales, slope signs and monotonicity are still visible which is usefull to interpret the data.
You don't get it. It's not scales, slopes, etc. It's units. What is being plotted exactly? Total apples and oranges issue. This is like trying to plot force and acceleration on the same graph. Are force and acceleration the same thing? Scientifically, it is not valid to plot two different constructs that have different units on the same graph. Units tell you right away that the two constructs are fundamentally different from each other. If you have any kind of technical background, you should understand this.
      04-20-2008, 07:20 PM   #25
swamp2
Lieutenant General

Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman View Post
Boy...talk about the pot calling the kettle black!!
I'll take examples of me making things overly complicated or tooting my own horn (when not in response to a direct character or ad hominem attack). List away! Perhaps some of my post are best understood if you have a math/science/engineering background but I strive for (and IMHO deliver) on being succinct, clear and minimal.
swamp2 is offline   United_States
      04-20-2008, 08:44 PM   #26
gasman

Drives: 08 RR Sport SC, 08 AW/FR M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
I'll take examples of me making things overly complicated or tooting my own horn (when not in response to a direct character or ad hominem attack). List away! Perhaps some of my post are best understood if you have a math/science/engineering background but I strive for (and IMHO deliver) on being succinct, clear and minimal.
I really don't want to go down this road but your arrogance permeates almost every thread in this forum. Your inflated feeling of pride in your superiority to others is nauseating. Your contribution to this forum is very much appreciated but your tone just doesn't sit well with many.
      04-21-2008, 02:26 AM   #27
swamp2
Lieutenant General

Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman View Post
I really don't want to go down this road but your arrogance permeates almost every thread in this forum. Your inflated feeling of pride in your superiority to others is nauseating. Your contribution to this forum is very much appreciated but your tone just doesn't sit well with many.
Well then it must just be your baseless opinion then. I guess that is what happens when you call out those factually incorrect, enjoy good debate, stick up for yourself and take pride in what you have to offer. There is much here that is just a matter of style and perhaps our do not jive. There are plenty of very intelligent folks on this forum and plenty with way more seat time and driving ability than I have. I respect them, learn from them, thank and praise them and quickly admit my mistakes. I suppose you have missed these occurrences? I will take the criticisms of blunt, opinionated, argumentative, stubborn and even harsh. I simply will not accept the accusations of making issues overly complex, "tooting my own horn" nor having a superiority complex.

Either way I guess we are on totally equal footing as I don't dig your tone either.
swamp2 is offline   United_States