BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

European Auto Source

08-22-2014, 05:50 PM   #1
aiden123d

Drives: 123d coupe

Kw v1 big problem please some one advise me

So I got kw v1s the other day and have fitted them, went pretty well took some time but I got there in the end I adjusted it and it sitting pretty sweet but here's my problem every time I drive it a load of warning likes come on I assume it's because where it's lower but can any one help if this has happened to them going to try and solve it my self then go BMW and have my pants pulled down with a big bill
Attached Images

08-24-2014, 11:11 AM   #2
M3ANMACHINE
Hella Functional

Drives: 2004 BMW E46 M3

Does your car have EDC?
If so, you need the Macht Schnell EDC modules to turn off the warnings. Otherwise, depending on how close you are to a competent shop, they can unplug the EDC module and code off the warning lights.

You can't simply unplug the EDC and expect it to run normally.

Otherwise, you might have broken a sensor somewhere, which would make sense with the DSC errors.

E90///M3 x 6MT x APEX x AE Performance x Bimmerworld x Dinan x Evolve x IND x KW x Mode Carbon x PFC x TMS

M3ANMACHINE is offline   United_States
      08-26-2014, 12:28 PM   #3
powerbait

Drives: 2010 MR E92

Have you gotten an alignment yet? On my E46 I got numerous DSC lights after lowering until I had it properly aligned. Possibly wheel speed is out of expected tolerance of the DSC because of toe. I'm no guru, maybe excessive toe is slowing a particular wheel enough to throw the warning. In my E46 it was mainly when I was cornering at low speed that it would throw the light and then sometimes go off for a few days and the pop back up if if hit the right criteria.
powerbait is offline   United_States
      08-28-2014, 10:25 AM   #4
aiden123d

Drives: 123d coupe

Thanks guys turned out the be the battery contral panel or something done a software update if that fails going to replace it plus getting the tracking down to check that aswell but get car back and it should be all fine
      08-30-2014, 06:33 PM   #5
pkimM3r
Major General

Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ANMACHINE
Does your car have EDC?
If so, you need the Macht Schnell EDC modules to turn off the warnings. Otherwise, depending on how close you are to a competent shop, they can unplug the EDC module and code off the warning lights.

You can't simply unplug the EDC and expect it to run normally.

Otherwise, you might have broken a sensor somewhere, which would make sense with the DSC errors.
all i did was unplug mine (the connector in the trunk) you do not need those modules.
      08-30-2014, 08:41 PM   #6
slicer
Brigadier General

Drives: '13 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSaloonM3 View Post
all i did was unplug mine (the connector in the trunk) you do not need those modules.
I think That's what he was saying, either get the modules or unplug and have the car coded.
KW Clubsport 3-way, Akrapovic Evolution, ESS Tune, StopTech Trophy, IND Euro Bumper & Black Mirror Covers, Turner Motorsports Studs/Lugs & Delrin Diff Bushings, MRF Solid Sub-Frame Bushings, RD Sport Sways, Recaro Profi-XL & Planted Seat Brackets, BMW Performance Carbon Fiber Interior Trim, BMW Edition Grills/Gills, Mode Carbon GT4 Splitter & GTS Wing, Advan TC3 (18x9.5/10.5), BBS E05 (18x10/11), G-Force Rivals (275/295)
      08-31-2014, 05:26 AM   #7
pkimM3r
Major General

Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSaloonM3 View Post
I think That's what he was saying, either get the modules or unplug and have the car coded.
ha i replied after i read the you will need the modules sentence.