BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Steve Thomas BMW
View Poll Results: PRESIDENT BUSH – Overall Job Rating
Approve 25 19.69%
Disapprove 95 74.80%
Unsure 7 5.51%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

04-27-2008, 08:36 PM   #45
JB 330ci
Resident "Spook"

Drives: 03 330ci, 08 335i, 08 A5,

Sad indeed,

If people are complaining about Bush, ask them one thing...did they vote? If you didn't than shut up, since u have no reason to complain. Enough of you "non-voters" out there would of changed the election (since...well lets see, 40% of the country doesn't vote in national elections)

If the democratic party wanted to win in 2004, could they have picked someone better than John Kerry?

Bush has done some good things and bad things while in office, same as other presidents. All this hatred (projected towards Bush) will not chance anything unless you get off your butt and engage in the political process.

Oh no, we are too "busy" not "interested" or "don't care" and you wonder why the state of politics is where its at now, mostly full of corrupt individuals.

Close-mindedness, ignorance, and laziness, that sums up the American citizenry perfectly.
      04-27-2008, 10:21 PM   #46
e90im
Brigadier General

Drives: f30

Attached Images

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
e90im is offline   United_States
      04-27-2008, 10:54 PM   #47
mkaaes
Lieutenant

Drives: 997.2 C4S

In his 2 terms in office he has crushed our economy to a recession, pulled this country into a war by most estimates can't be finished for at least 10 years if at all, failed to respond to the disaster of huricane Katrina. With "his" latest stimulus it's a catastrophy in waiting. 600 dollars is supposed to help people pay for rising gas costsand the loss of value in their homes? Wow is this guy living in his own world full of butterflies and doughnuts and shit don't stink.
      04-28-2008, 06:52 AM   #48
dr335is
Brigadier General

Drives: GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB 330ci View Post
Sad indeed,

If the democratic party wanted to win in 2004, could they have picked someone better than John Kerry?

Bush has done some good things and bad things while in office, same as other presidents. All this hatred (projected towards Bush) will not chance anything unless you get off your butt and engage in the political process.

ANYONE was better than Bush in 2004 -- simple as that. Kerry, Gore, Edwards, does not matter, butfor Bush to win, that was the defeat for the country -- and proven.

Please list the "good" things Bush has done -- not in the last 8 years, but in the last 50 years in his life...lets make it easier...

Please explain the highlighted text. I am not sure what you're suggesting us to do -- run for the office or something?
      04-28-2008, 07:09 PM   #49
JB 330ci
Resident "Spook"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkaaes View Post
In his 2 terms in office he has crushed our economy to a recession, pulled this country into a war by most estimates can't be finished for at least 10 years if at all, failed to respond to the disaster of huricane Katrina. With "his" latest stimulus it's a catastrophy in waiting. 600 dollars is supposed to help people pay for rising gas costsand the loss of value in their homes? Wow is this guy living in his own world full of butterflies and doughnuts and shit don't stink.
Seems like the economy was pretty strong until 2006/2007 when the credit crisis and home market collapsed.

The war, which war are you talking about? Afghanistan or Iraq?
In Afghan, it will likely take 15 years to build a fully functioning government with strong institutions.

In Iraq it will take about the same amount of time as well.

You can’t blame Afghan with Bush, because any president in office would have gone into Afghanistan. However, the Iraq mess is Bush and Congress’ responsibility. Congress gave Bush the authority to invade Iraq. Bush made the decision to invade Iraq.

Katrina, Like I said in my other thread, the Local and State governments did not pre-stage assets nor they did request federal help till later. The federal government can only step in if the State government allows them to. If I’m not mistaken this is the 10th Amendment to the Constitution (States’ Rights).

Furthermore, if you take a look at the funding for New Orleans, you will find out that the money earmarked for the levees was consistently steered towards other programs. An under funded levee collapses and it’s the federal government’s fault? I point the finger at Louisiana.

The economic stimulus package is a way of saying that “we care” from Washington. Ineffective, since it will solve nothing. The root problem is rising costs, it would be better to get rid of the gas tax, but no, the Fed Govt would never do that.

How is losing values in homes Bush’s fault? The housing market collapsed because of its own inherent problems. It is going through a correction.

Take away emotion and deal with the cold hard facts and place the blame where is really belongs.
      04-28-2008, 07:32 PM   #50
JB 330ci
Resident "Spook"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
ANYONE was better than Bush in 2004 -- simple as that. Kerry, Gore, Edwards, does not matter, butfor Bush to win, that was the defeat for the country -- and proven.

Please list the "good" things Bush has done -- not in the last 8 years, but in the last 50 years in his life...lets make it easier...

Please explain the highlighted text. I am not sure what you're suggesting us to do -- run for the office or something?

If anyone was better, than why didn’t Kerry win? This country is divided by two parties (Democrat, Republican) about 50/50 and two dominating ideologies (Liberalism, Conservatism) about 40/60. Not all Democrats are Liberal, and not all Republicans are Conservative.

In the 2004 election, and same with 2000, it seems the populace wanted someone with conservative ideals (regardless of party affiliation) Although you have party hardliners, they only make up a small percent of the population.

A Conservative Democrat (A modern day Zell Miller I guess) would of easily crushed Bush in the 2004 election. However The democrate party elected a Democrat of the Liberal ideology. This is not bad, since this encourages debate among the two competing ideologies. However a person with a far left (Kerry) or far right (Best example: Romney) will 90% of the time never win an election.

Why do I need to list all the good things he has done I his life? So you can tear it about one by one with opinions?
My fact still stands, He has done some good things and bad things. Lowering taxes and the No child left behind act (called from now on NCLBT) come to mind. (The intention is good, however as with the NCLBT, it forced schools to meet some standards and resulted in other to cheat to meet these standards.)

Are standards bad? Would you want your child to go to a school which constantly failed? Shouldn’t the parents have a benchmark to gauge school progress?

And since I play my own devils advocate
Are the standards too high? Shouldn’t the state decide this issue? How bout funding and class time taken out for tests? How about training students to take the test and disregarding important skills?

In this case, the Pros outweigh the cons. We need a standard to judge on. Some of the cons can be mitigated however we will never be able to stop every school from cheating or training the students to take the test.

…Meanwhile back on subject
I am suggesting that you engage in your local chapter, body of politics. This means at the local level, town meetings, school meetings, etc.

Or, participating in drives and spreading the message about the candidate you support locally. Either Democrat or Republican it doesn’t matter. The more people involved in the process, the better candidates we will get, and we will also get a better capable and more efficient government. Why? Because they will know people care about the political process, and will hold them accountable for their actions.
      04-29-2008, 08:42 AM   #51
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
Seems like the economy was pretty strong until 2006/2007 when the credit crisis and home market collapsed. .
First of all, the economy was barely recovering from the recession -- not great. It never fully recovered. Second -- credit crisis should have been forseen by the "experts" before allowing it to affect and crush the economy. The Gov't bails out the banks but does not care about millions that lost their homes...

Quote:
You can’t blame Afghan with Bush, because any president in office would have gone into Afghanistan. However, the Iraq mess is Bush and Congress’ responsibility. Congress gave Bush the authority to invade Iraq. Bush made the decision to invade Iraq. .
We don't know if ANY president would do the same...
Next, The Congress was pretty much "forced" to approve Bush's wishes after his "you're with me or you're the enemy" speach, after using the events of 9/11 for personal gains, and after marking "unpatriotic" anyone who disagreed with him.
It is now eveident that all reasons that Bush put in front of Congress to obtain the approval were non-existing or lies. I don't think that anyone in congress or in right mind would have voted for the war if Bush went and said that we're going to liberate "poor" Iraqis from the dictator and protect his oil while trippling the gas prices in this country, while losing 4500 of our country defenders, while killing 250k of innocent Iraqis in the process and while wasting $1T of tax-payers money that directly lead or will prolong the up-coming recession...

Quote:
The economic stimulus package is a way of saying that “we care” from Washington. Ineffective, since it will solve nothing. The root problem is rising costs, it would be better to get rid of the gas tax, but no, the Fed Govt would never do that. .
The economic package is a joke that will do absolutely nothing for anyone and will put the $$$ right back into Bush's pal's accounts -- most will probably go to the gas stations...
Instead of that, the Government should have taken care of other things instead of trying to mask the problems with the "we care" fiasco -- the food prices are uncontrolable, we already discussed about the gas, our healthcare system is becoming more and more of a sales business -- trying to sell you more useless crap than help you, our education system did not move a bit in years, we still award the corporations for exporting our jobs overseas while, for example, the only cell phone maker Made in USA is on the edge of collapse (while foreign manufacrurers are having the best times ever)...
      04-29-2008, 08:51 AM   #52
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
If anyone was better, than why didn’t Kerry win? This country is divided by two parties (Democrat, Republican) about 50/50 and two dominating ideologies (Liberalism, Conservatism) about 40/60. Not all Democrats are Liberal, and not all Republicans are Conservative..
It does not matter -- Kerry or whoever. To me, it was evident that we were heading into disaster with another 4 years of Bush. Didn't you see that? We don't know if Kerry would do much/any better, but we should have known that it could not be worse than re-electing in 2004...we did, we'll get what we asked for...

Quote:
Why do I need to list all the good things he has done I his life? So you can tear it about one by one with opinions?
My fact still stands, He has done some good things and bad things. Lowering taxes and the No child left behind act (called from now on NCLBT) come to mind. (The intention is good, however as with the NCLBT, it forced schools to meet some standards and resulted in other to cheat to meet these standards.) .
THe CEO of my company or any profitable company is elected based on previous achievements. Also, if the company's going down the drain, and stock falling, he's out.
In Bush's case -- it was just the opposite -- he had nothing on his resume showing that he'll do well for the country, the country did not advance at all during the 2000-04 period, and he lied to his VP's (Congress) about the real reasons he'll invest $1T of the country's money...

Quote:
…Meanwhile back on subject
I am suggesting that you engage in your local chapter, body of politics. This means at the local level, town meetings, school meetings, etc.

Or, participating in drives and spreading the message about the candidate you support locally. Either Democrat or Republican it doesn’t matter. The more people involved in the process, the better candidates we will get, and we will also get a better capable and more efficient government. Why? Because they will know people care about the political process, and will hold them accountable for their actions.
Unfortunately, that would only be a waste of my time and nothing else as proven in the last two elections. THis country is simply divided along the lines of the parties and that is BAD. As proven in 2004 -- we have not used our brains when electing the leader but our party preference, hence, the latest polls show our regrets... Too late for that...
      04-30-2008, 12:38 AM   #53
e90im
Brigadier General

Dub can be considered to have above mediocre intelligence if compared to:
Attached Images

04-30-2008, 12:39 AM   #54
e90im
Brigadier General

Attached Images

05-01-2008, 12:30 AM   #55
Negotiator
Lieutenant

Drives: 07 GTI

Bush has effectively rekindled a US/Russia (and now China) arms race.
Negotiator is offline   Ukraine
      05-01-2008, 04:06 PM   #56
dr335is
Brigadier General

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/05/...oll/index.html
      05-01-2008, 07:05 PM   #57
e90im
Brigadier General

You mean to tell me that..

Poll: More disapprove of Bush than any other president

WASHINGTON DC (CNN) -- A new poll suggests that President Bush is the most unpopular president in modern American history.

A CNN/Opinion Research Corp. survey released Thursday indicates that 71 percent of the American public disapprove of how Bush is handling his job as president.
"No president has ever had a higher disapproval rating in any CNN or Gallup Poll; in fact, this is the first time that any president's disapproval rating has cracked the 70 percent mark," said Keating Holland, CNN's polling director.
"Bush's approval rating, which stands at 28 percent in our new poll, remains better than the all-time lows set by Harry Truman and Richard Nixon [22 percent and 24 percent, respectively], but even those two presidents never got a disapproval rating in the 70s," Holland said. "The previous all-time record in CNN or Gallup polling was set by Truman, 67 percent disapproval in January 1952."

While Gallup polling goes back to the 1930s, it wasn't until the Truman years that they began surveying monthly approval ratings.
CNN Senior Political Analyst Bill Schneider adds, "He is more unpopular than Richard Nixon was just before he resigned from the presidency in August 1974."
President Nixon's disapproval rating in August 1974 stood at 66 percent

The poll also indicates that support for the war in Iraq has never been lower. Thirty percent of those questioned favored the war, while 68 percent opposed it.

LOSER!!!!

05-01-2008, 07:07 PM   #58
e90im
Brigadier General

C'mon loyal Bushies with your: history will show....

Bunch of nutjobs.

05-02-2008, 10:12 AM   #59
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner

Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Come on E90im, why you be dissing that poor monkey up there???!!!!!!
UncleWede is offline   United_States
      05-02-2008, 03:37 PM   #60
e90im
Brigadier General

^ Dub brings up the worst in me.

05-05-2008, 12:53 PM   #61
dr335is
Brigadier General

"After shifting explanations, the White House eventually said the “Mission Accomplished” phrase referred to the carrier’s crew completing its 10-month mission, not the military completing its mission in Iraq. Bush, in October 2003, disavowed any connection with the “Mission Accomplished” message. He said the White House had nothing to do with the banner; a spokesman later said the ship’s crew asked for the sign and the White House staff had it made by a private vendor."

Lie after lie...never ending with him...

Source: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24400896/
      05-05-2008, 04:10 PM   #62
hks786
Major General

Drives: *

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
"After shifting explanations, the White House eventually said the “Mission Accomplished” phrase referred to the carrier’s crew completing its 10-month mission, not the military completing its mission in Iraq. Bush, in October 2003, disavowed any connection with the “Mission Accomplished” message. He said the White House had nothing to do with the banner; a spokesman later said the ship’s crew asked for the sign and the White House staff had it made by a private vendor."

Lie after lie...never ending with him...

Source: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24400896/
Haha
      05-09-2008, 07:50 PM   #63
Island Snow
Private First Class

Drives: SKG

Quote:
However, the Iraq mess is Bush and Congress’ responsibility. Congress gave Bush the authority to invade Iraq. Bush made the decision to invade Iraq.
Do you think Gore would invade Iraq

Republicans=Invade
Democrats=Tomahawk Missile
      05-10-2008, 01:12 AM   #64
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Snow View Post
Do you think Gore would invade Iraq

Republicans=Invade
Democrats=Tomahawk Missile
I don't think anyone NORMAL would do to Iraq what Bush did.
If the events happened as in W's admin -- 9/11 stuff, I think Gore would have had OBL's head by now, and 4100 US soldiers would have been still alive...
      05-16-2008, 08:39 PM   #65
FolsomMike
Lieutenant

Drives: crimson red 335 cabrio

When less than 20% of BMW drivers approve of Dubya, you know the Republicans are in trouble.
FolsomMike is offline   United_States
      05-17-2008, 09:04 AM   #66
fedinand
Major

Drives: '11 X3, '11 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolsomMike View Post
When less than 20% of BMW drivers approve of Dubya, you know the Republicans are in trouble.
Thats almost an understatement - they are now losing long-standing, republican controlled seats in the deep south
fedinand is offline   United_States