BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

BPM Sport
View Poll Results: PRESIDENT BUSH – Overall Job Rating
Approve 25 19.69%
Disapprove 95 74.80%
Unsure 7 5.51%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

04-23-2008, 06:52 PM   #23
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy420 View Post
There are people who actually approve of this piece of shit???????????
+1

I cant believe there are 11 people who approve!!!! It's sad that the Bush admin is doing a good job of fooling people, even if it's not the majority of the world population.
      04-23-2008, 07:00 PM   #24
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: Lola

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to ArmyBimmerDude Send a message via Yahoo to ArmyBimmerDude
I still laugh inside when I think about the chance for him to have left in 2004 and he was reelected again! lol. What we people expecting? It's our fault that everything has happened. God knows Kerry wasn't ideal, but would he have been better than GW?
      04-23-2008, 08:25 PM   #25
dr335is
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
+1

I cant believe there are 11 people who approve!!!! It's sad that the Bush admin is doing a good job of fooling people, even if it's not the majority of the world population.
I can tell you at least 3 names in that column...
ANd why would you be surprised...he got re-elected in 2004 when it was obvious to anyone with 2g of brain where we were heading with him in the WH...
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2008, 10:47 PM   #26
Majikthese42
Philosopher-king
Rep

Drives: 2008 E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
I can tell you at least 3 names in that column...
ANd why would you be surprised...he got re-elected in 2004 when it was obvious to anyone with 2g of brain where we were heading with him in the WH...
...and re-elected with 50.7% of the popular vote, which is identical to Reagan's vote share in 1980 and is more than any Democrat President except FDR and LBJ has managed to win since the end of the Civil War. Look it up.

Not that I approve of Bush. And I very much doubt he cares. He seems to take some perverse pleasure in this.

But the Democrats should have fielded decent candidates if they wanted to win. It's not all Karl Rove's magic that worked in 2004.
E91 6MT Alpine, Terra, Xenons, ZSP, ZCW, ZPP, PDC, CA, alarm, M shifter and M brake handle, Euro rear fog light switch, Euro aspheric mirrors, rear power outlets, Garmin nüvi custom cupholder mount, Lidatek, V-1 built-in remote display, tire pump, jack, floor mats.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 07:09 AM   #27
dr335is
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majikthese42 View Post
...and re-elected with 50.7% of the popular vote, which is identical to Reagan's vote share in 1980 and is more than any Democrat President except FDR and LBJ has managed to win since the end of the Civil War. Look it up.

Not that I approve of Bush. And I very much doubt he cares. He seems to take some perverse pleasure in this.

But the Democrats should have fielded decent candidates if they wanted to win. It's not all Karl Rove's magic that worked in 2004.
OK, that just proves that 50.7% of those who voted have less than 2g of brain in their head...
Nothing to do with the Dem or Ind candidates. If you have a 100% certainty of failure and that this country will be doomed vs. some flip-flopper or whatever, for me, the choice is clear...
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 08:11 AM   #28
purplewidow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: e92 335

you know what... i am sick of all the bush bashing...people complaining about troops dying...you know more troops died during all of Bill Clinton's campaign and we didn't even have a war going on!!!! and these are the people who complain about bush sending troops to iraq!! idiots... it is a fact... go look it up for yourself...keep in mind i am in no way a bush fan...and yes he did some wrong thing's but Clinton was just as bad if not worse and people loved him and he didn't do shit but support the blacks more than any president since Lincoln which is great but he did shit for our economy...the only reason why it was rocking was b/c we were in a technological revolution...i just don't understand why so many believe the bs the media spews about the market and about our country... and idiots believe it...look at what happened when the market started going down..it was b/c of the media who was saying over and over to take your money out of the tech sectors...scaring people for no reason other than to make headlines... then every lil problem in the market was magnified and here we are in a recession? unemployment is better than during Clinton's administration... i don't see people rationing food anywhere..i don't see people going nuts and people not spending... sure in some area's esp Michigan things are getting tougher but to say we are in a recession is nut's...people are acting like it's the early 80's or 1930 again...they have no clue what it was like in the 30's between world wars...i am sick of the BS our media spews out..and i am sick of all the hillary BS too..doesn't anyone see she is an evil conniving bitch who cares nothing more than for herself... then Hillary and the dem's wanna hurt small business owners with more taxes when it is the small business owners that have been keeping this economy moving steadily in the right direction...and now we have 2 jag-offs and an old man running for office!! and people think they are gonna make a huge diff and save our country..i got news for you..nothing is gonna save our country until we start voting on things individually and stop putting taxes, abortion laws, war funding, and health care, all in the same bill..how can we vote yes or no on 20 issues in one bill that have lil or nothing to do with each other?
________
inter
________
Extreme Vaporizer Price

Last edited by purplewidow; 09-11-2011 at 05:44 AM.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 08:57 AM   #29
dr335is
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplewidow View Post
you know what... i am sick of all the bush bashing...people complaining about troops dying...you know more troops died during all of Bill Clinton's campaign and we didn't even have a war going on!!!! and these are the people who complain about bush sending troops to iraq!! idiots... it is a fact... go look it up for yourself...keep in mind i am in no way a bush fan...and yes he did some wrong thing's but Clinton was just as bad if not worse and people loved him and he didn't do shit but support the blacks more than any president since Lincoln which is great but he did shit for our economy...the only reason why it was rocking was b/c we were in a technological revolution...i just don't understand why so many believe the bs the media spews about the market and about our country... and idiots believe it...look at what happened when the market started going down..it was b/c of the media who was saying over and over to take your money out of the tech sectors...scaring people for no reason other than to make headlines... then every lil problem in the market was magnified and here we are in a recession? unemployment is better than during Clinton's administration... i don't see people rationing food anywhere..i don't see people going nuts and people not spending... sure in some area's esp Michigan things are getting tougher but to say we are in a recession is nut's...people are acting like it's the early 80's or 1930 again...they have no clue what it was like in the 30's between world wars...i am sick of the BS our media spews out..and i am sick of all the hillary BS too..doesn't anyone see she is an evil conniving bitch who cares nothing more than for herself... then Hillary and the dem's wanna hurt small business owners with more taxes when it is the small business owners that have been keeping this economy moving steadily in the right direction...and now we have 2 jag-offs and an old man running for office!! and people think they are gonna make a huge diff and save our country..i got news for you..nothing is gonna save our country until we start voting on things individually and stop putting taxes, abortion laws, war funding, and health care, all in the same bill..how can we vote yes or no on 20 issues in one bill that have lil or nothing to do with each other?
First of all -- this thread has nothing to do with Clinton...

Second, point to ONE single positive (proven) thing that Bush did that will in a positive way affect your and your kid's future...

Also, to your first comment -- how many US troops died under Clinton in 8 years with "no war going", and how many died in the last 6 years with the wrong war going on?

Not that I blame him for the downturn, but stop giving hin the credit for the "good" economy! First of all, the economy was NEVER good in the last 8 years, it recovered from the recession of 1999/2000, but was never that great. It is heading into a loooong recession and the length of the recession will be directly affected by the crazy spending in the last 8 years, US respect in the world and advancements int he last 8 years (none)...
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 08:58 AM   #30
ganeil
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 328i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRZ410S View Post
It's not all George's fault but this administration has set the country back!!
Quote:
There are people who actually approve of this piece of shit???????????
Quote:
I disagree....he's the ONLY person to blame!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetblk328i View Post
bush=epic fail
Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyBimmerDude View Post
I still laugh inside when I think about the chance for him to have left in 2004 and he was reelected again! lol. What we people expecting? It's our fault that everything has happened. God knows Kerry wasn't ideal, but would he have been better than GW?
What do all these posts have in common? - A complete absence of any substance.

Here is an idea that may actually make this thread somewhat interesting, state a case why you approve or disapprove of the President's job performance.

What decisions has he made that you disagree with? Why?

What decision would you have preferred he made? Why?

What policies has he approved or advocated that you agree or disagree with? Why?

What alternative policies do you believe he should approve or advocate? Why?

I agreed with him on tax cuts because 1) I like to keep the money I earn and 2) I believe lower marginal rates lead to greater economic growth.

I agreed with him on advocating for Social Security reform through private accounts because I believe that the current system is broken and retirement planning should be an individual responsibility with little if any, government intervention.

I believe he was correct to advocate for opening ANWR and other areas to oil exploration because the only real way to lower oil prices is to increase supply.

I agreed with his decision to remove the Taliban regime from Afghanistan and the Ba'athist regime from Iraq. In a post 9/11 world the existence of either of these regimes was unacceptable and removing them was the only responsible coarse of action.

I believe most of his choices for the federal judiciary, especially Chief Justice Roberts and Justice Alito have been superb. It is too early to know for certain but so far they have shown themselves to be the modest constructionists that the Court needs after decades of activism.

I have also disagreed with him on things like prescription drugs coverage, No Child Left Behind, Campaign Finance, and a host of others, but I believe, and I believe history will show, that it was a successful presidency.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 11:17 AM   #31
dr335is
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post

I agreed with him on tax cuts because 1) I like to keep the money I earn and 2) I believe lower marginal rates lead to greater economic growth.

I agreed with him on advocating for Social Security reform through private accounts because I believe that the current system is broken and retirement planning should be an individual responsibility with little if any, government intervention.

I believe he was correct to advocate for opening ANWR and other areas to oil exploration because the only real way to lower oil prices is to increase supply.

I agreed with his decision to remove the Taliban regime from Afghanistan and the Ba'athist regime from Iraq. In a post 9/11 world the existence of either of these regimes was unacceptable and removing them was the only responsible coarse of action.

I believe most of his choices for the federal judiciary, especially Chief Justice Roberts and Justice Alito have been superb. It is too early to know for certain but so far they have shown themselves to be the modest constructionists that the Court needs after decades of activism.

I have also disagreed with him on things like prescription drugs coverage, No Child Left Behind, Campaign Finance, and a host of others, but I believe, and I believe history will show, that it was a successful presidency.
Tax cuts only benefit those who make a lot of moneym not ordinary (lower, middle, upper middle class) people. It has been proven over and over. Just like his pathetic $600/head thing that is supposed to stimulate...something.
Unfortunately, in the end, with his crazy spending and "supposedly" tax cuts, will last only short time, then they will have to be tremendeously increased to bail the country out of bankruptcy. Therefore, we, and our kids will financially suffer (as we already see it with crazy prices in food, energy and other sectors)
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 04:20 PM   #32
e90im
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: f30

28% approval at the end of the 2nd term.

Now, that sucks...

Minority that still supports incompetent, borderline retarded Dub are diehard right wing neocons that would rather eat crap then admit they were wrong. The rest of them are obedient servants that are programmed to support the "leader".

I suggest that they practice admitting that they fucked up. It is a liberating experience. It also allows one to learn. Stubbornness mixed with mediocre intelligence and lack of critical thinking is a lethal combo.

Never underestimate stupidity. Like in 2000 and 2004. That’s why we have $4 gas and 4k dead in Iraq.
Attached Images

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 04:25 PM   #33
e90im
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: f30

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplewidow View Post

CAPITALIZE AND USE PARAGRAPHS!!!! DAMN....

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 08:03 PM   #34
BrianUNC
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: 2014 F34 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90im View Post
CAPITALIZE AND USE PARAGRAPHS!!!! DAMN....
I think you're expecting too much from a Bush supporter...
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2008, 02:34 AM   #35
Tommy420
peace.love.health.happine ss
Rep

Drives: 2008 335i e92 Montego/Blk lthr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
What do all these posts have in common? - A complete absence of any substance.

Here is an idea that may actually make this thread somewhat interesting, state a case why you approve or disapprove of the President's job performance.

What decisions has he made that you disagree with? Why?

What decision would you have preferred he made? Why?

What policies has he approved or advocated that you agree or disagree with? Why?

What alternative policies do you believe he should approve or advocate? Why?

I won't give you my reasons b/c I don't feel like writing a 5 page essay on why I hate Bush...but I did want to say, go F$%@ yourself!

For pics of my ride, go to www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108628
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2008, 02:38 AM   #36
Tommy420
peace.love.health.happine ss
Rep

Drives: 2008 335i e92 Montego/Blk lthr

Bush is the worst president this country has ever seen IMO. He's a complete idiot with a 200 word comprehension and he's basically a puppet. When it comes to it, he sent thousands of soldiers to go die for nothing...NOTHING! There were no weapons of mass destruction...oh but wait, Bush supporters are willing to look beyond that...beyond that to what? You guys really think we're cleaning out terrorists? Ya, since we've been under threat by Iraq before...a country who we took over in a month. Fuck Bush, and honestly, fuck whoever supports him, because you guys are the blind Americans who never look outside of the box and are willing to accept everything and anything you're told.

8 more months and the motherfucker's out!

For pics of my ride, go to www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108628
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2008, 02:48 AM   #37
NaTuReB0Y