BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
E92-lighting
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-12-2008, 07:56 PM   #67
CircularMotion
Second Lieutenant
3
Rep
297
Posts

 
Drives: New to the e90!
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Palm Beach, FL

iTrader: (1)

I'm a full time student;

ZERO loans.
ZERO debt.
My parents don't pay for my car payment.

I work 25 hours a week and I can keep up with my car payments, insurance, gas, food, liquor, eating out (food and bitches), shopping for toys, clothes etc and I pay for my own school; I also haven't asked my parents for a dime since I was 15 -- Now I'm 23.

Not a trust fund baby either..

My only vice is that I still live at home.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2008, 07:58 PM   #68
Placey
First Lieutenant
Placey's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
367
Posts

 
Drives: 08 Z4 3.0SI
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Upstate New York

iTrader: (1)

I repair these things... therefore...

Life has been pretty good lately
__________________

08 Z4 3.0SI Black Sapphire/Black Int, 6sp, Sport/Premium --- retired ---
2010 BMW 650GS -- Z4 replacement

Working with the most talented people on the most technically advanced automobiles....
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2008, 09:05 PM   #69
Jay_328
Lieutenant Colonel
Jay_328's Avatar
22
Rep
1,596
Posts

 
Drives: 07 e92
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: VA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
07 E92 328  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CircularMotion View Post
I also haven't asked my parents for a dime since I was 15 -- Now I'm 23.


My only vice is that I still live at home.
Dude you live w/ your parents so actually they are giving you plenty. no biggie tho, I'm just sayin' ... enjoy it while you can.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2008, 10:20 PM   #70
Expired
Fanatic
Expired's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
175
Posts

 
Drives: N/A
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Houston, Tx

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Expired
Quote:
Originally Posted by gum5h03 View Post
Pardon me for saying this but I think you're nucking futz for wanting to be anywhere near the financial sector right now. Times are good right now but are going to get pretty lean for the next few months/years. You can use all the forumulas you want to long and short things but at the end of the day you're still at the mercy of public opinion. And IMHO the public is pretty stupid.
It's true that the public is stupid, and that's why I love them so much. It's because of them that I can make so much off of earnings reports.
Anyways, I only see it as being dangerous if you plan on holding a stock for more than a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircularMotion View Post
I'm a full time student;

ZERO loans.
ZERO debt.
My parents don't pay for my car payment.

I work 25 hours a week and I can keep up with my car payments, insurance, gas, food, liquor, eating out (food and bitches), shopping for toys, clothes etc and I pay for my own school; I also haven't asked my parents for a dime since I was 15 -- Now I'm 23.

Not a trust fund baby either..

My only vice is that I still live at home.
Started saving up for a home?? If not, you will probably be adding a one onto that zero.. I plan to take advantage of free housing until I'm 22 or so as well. (Unless of course I have around 500k before then)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwirobbie View Post
Everyone gets 5 weeks, from kids flipping burgers to CEO's. I think the French get 6 weeks.
Yepp, definitely moving out of the USA asap.

-Nathan
__________________
People only know what you tell them.Only in ROFL Copter.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2008, 10:42 PM   #71
Graham M
I love my Z. Pure sex on wheels.
Graham M's Avatar
Canada
11
Rep
397
Posts

 
Drives: Is sold, goodbye everyone!
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (0)

40k, but I have a pretty damn laid back job that I love doing, so I'm fine with it.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 12:17 AM   #72
L8Apex
Private First Class
L8Apex's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
168
Posts

 
Drives: 997 turbo
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Not enough to afford my dream!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 12:35 AM   #73
dimisa1977
Major
dimisa1977's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
1,141
Posts

 
Drives: BMW Specialist (exhaust)
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: USA

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
2008 BMW  [0.00]
wow. what a thread. interesting read...
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 09:25 AM   #74
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
KonigsTiger's Avatar
66
Rep
4,398
Posts

 
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dweller

iTrader: (0)

Finance it!! Hahahaha!
__________________
==================================================
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 10:27 AM   #75
jaiman
Captain
9
Rep
657
Posts

 
Drives: very fast
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expired View Post
If I lived in an Ideal world, I wouldn't have said..


Please read my entire reply accurately and with an open mind.. This seems to be a big problem on these forums.

-Nathan
The problem is that you post absolute bullsh*t, that stems from a general lack of maturity and experience.

Unless, of course, you are the absolute best trader in the world. Better than Jim Simmons, Paul Tudor Jones and Driss Ben-Brahim combined.

But please starting this summer post up your trading record. I would make one suggestion though. if you think you can reliably get 3% on 6 trades every week, keep increasing your stake as you go, within 2 years you'll have 2.5 bln and you won't need to bother trading anymore.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 02:40 PM   #76
Expired
Fanatic
Expired's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
175
Posts

 
Drives: N/A
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Houston, Tx

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Expired
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiman View Post
The problem is that you post absolute bullsh*t, that stems from a general lack of maturity and experience.

But please starting this summer post up your trading record. I would make one suggestion though. if you think you can reliably get 3% on 6 trades every week, keep increasing your stake as you go, within 2 years you'll have 2.5 bln and you won't need to bother trading anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expired View Post
Tell you what, when summer comes I'll do exactly as I stated. I'll post balances, recorded trades, and etc.. (Screenshots, papers, the works.) I'll show you that making 10%+ in a week is easy.

-Nathan
You do realize that I stated "Without any losses" in that scenario.
I will however show you that I can make 10%+ in a week, including any losses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expired View Post
Please read my entire reply accurately and with an open mind.. This seems to be a big problem on these forums.

-Nathan
Once again, such a bad habit that some people here have..
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiman View Post
Unless, of course, you are the absolute best trader in the world. Better than Jim Simmons, Paul Tudor Jones and Driss Ben-Brahim combined.
jaiman, can you tell me why you listed those names??
You only know about them because of their large gains, and because they are in the public eye. I don't think you realize how many people jump into the "new money" bracket every year via investing. You just don't hear about their large gains because they choose to remain anonymous.

-Nathan
__________________
People only know what you tell them.Only in ROFL Copter.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 03:15 PM   #77
jaiman
Captain
9
Rep
657
Posts

 
Drives: very fast
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expired View Post
jaiman, can you tell me why you listed those names??
You only know about them because of their large gains, and because they are in the public eye. I don't think you realize how many people jump into the "new money" bracket every year via investing. You just don't hear about their large gains because they choose to remain anonymous.

-Nathan
I listed them because if you can do what you say, you'd be a better trader than them. And I don't believe you are.

New money!! You kill me. You think there are people taking 9 or 10 figure paydays from the market anonymously!? That is hysterical. Every time you post you show your ignorance.

But please, starting in the summer post up your results it would be an amazing story to be able to say that I saw the greatest trader in history, before he became well known, and it all started on a car forum.

And we'll end with a quote "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof".
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 03:22 PM   #78
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
Hawkeye's Avatar
No_Country
44
Rep
3,594
Posts

 
Drives: '07 Z4 si Coupe, '08 R6
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Holland

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expired View Post
What else would I do besides stocks?? ..I go Long, Short, I trade earnings, options...
Might get into Forex.. So where do you people think the money is at, if it isn't in stocks??

-Nathan
If you hedge (short or buy/sell options whatever is your thing) then it is not bad, you just can't make that much. You will not make 10% over a year, most people in risky stocks lose money 3 out of 4 years... it is that 1 good year that usually brings the statistics up. If you can afford that and wait it out, good for you. Otherwise you need lots of $$$$ to make anything worth while.

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expired View Post
Anyways, I only see it as being dangerous if you plan on holding a stock for more than a week.

-Nathan
This is quite possibly the stupidest thing you have posted to date. You think you can beat the market holding stocks for a week or less... :

Kid.. you are killing me.
__________________
2007 Z4 3.0si Coupe 6 MT Black Saphire Metallic PP SP Heated M Seats Clutch Stop Stubby
2008 R6 Raven Black GPR Steering Stabilizer Comp Werks FE Hotbodies Flush Mount Blinkers
2008 Nissan Titan XE King Cab Long Bed 4x4 Line-X
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 11:16 PM   #79
Expired
Fanatic
Expired's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
175
Posts

 
Drives: N/A
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Houston, Tx

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Expired
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiman View Post
I listed them because if you can do what you say, you'd be a better trader than them. And I don't believe you are.

New money!! You kill me. You think there are people taking 9 or 10 figure paydays from the market anonymously!? That is hysterical. Every time you post you show your ignorance.

But please, starting in the summer post up your results it would be an amazing story to be able to say that I saw the greatest trader in history, before he became well known, and it all started on a car forum.

And we'll end with a quote "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof".
9 and 10 is a stretch, to have that much money to throw at the stock market you are probably the head of a large corp, thus in the public eye.
However, there are a lot more taking in 7 and 8 figures. You act like your reference point, forbes, maps out every single millionaire on this planet..

The only reason anyone claims these people as the greatest traders in history is because of the money they have to throw around. There are tons of people in the world today making larger % gains than them, you just don't hear about them because they aren't billionaires yet.

Do you even know what the term "new money" means??
It also isn't an extraordinary claim, it's quite valid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
If you hedge (short or buy/sell options whatever is your thing) then it is not bad, you just can't make that much. You will not make 10% over a year, most people in risky stocks lose money 3 out of 4 years... it is that 1 good year that usually brings the statistics up. If you can afford that and wait it out, good for you. Otherwise you need lots of $$$$ to make anything worth while.

This is quite possibly the stupidest thing you have posted to date. You think you can beat the market holding stocks for a week or less... :

Kid.. you are killing me.
It's not about beating the market, it's about beating any bad news that might pop up.

heh.. yep, 10% a year.. When I was 12 or so do you know what my dad discussed with me?? How people were happy if they made 10% a year in profit trading stocks.. Do you know what I then did?? I laughed.

Continue your little flame war, come summertime you'll be asking for tips.

-Nathan
__________________
People only know what you tell them.Only in ROFL Copter.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 02:01 AM   #80
sinnet112
Major
United_States
15
Rep
1,119
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E89 Z4
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
I'm going to come in here to support Expired here on this one. I don't know how much he actually does make in a year because I don't know what transactions he's completed, but I've asked him for stock advice and it's definitely helped me become a better investor.

He's given me fairly detailed info in the PMs exchanged and for that I'm quite grateful. FWIW I don't hold stocks for more than a week or two either and it's definitely paid off. With multiple accounts, buying at the troughs, selling at the peaks and then buying it again at a low (if it gets there or if need be) within a few weeks using a different account to avoid the wash sale rule makes a lot of sense now that commissions are so low.
__________________


Z4 sdrive30i | Deep Sea Blue | Ivory White Nappa Extended Leather | ZSP
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 02:11 AM   #81
elmariachi
Major
elmariachi's Avatar
48
Rep
1,323
Posts

 
Drives: BMW ///M Division
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (1)

Just enough to mod. Sux doesnt it.
__________________

2008 E92 ///M3 Alpine White M-DCT| Novillo-Black Interior| Carbon Fibre Roof| Premium Sound System| EDC| 19's Advan RS w/ Michelin PS2 Cups| iPod| GruppeM Air Intake| GruppeM Steel Braided Lines|Ferodo DS2500 Pads| Akrapovic Full Header-Back Titanium Exhaust| 6000K Philips D1S| 3M Tints|
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 02:24 AM   #82
Excellence
G-STAR
Excellence's Avatar
65
Rep
1,899
Posts

 
Drives: E90 to A5
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Richmond, BC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmariachi View Post
Just enough to mod. Sux doesnt it.
At least you got a 335i!
Anyone got any tips on how to win big when playing stocks? I was thinking playing IPOs.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 08:53 AM   #83
jaiman
Captain
9
Rep
657
Posts

 
Drives: very fast
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expired View Post

It's not about beating the market, it's about beating any bad news that might pop up.

-Nathan

I bet you don't even know how to calculate risk adjusted returns, do you? I eagerly await the summer.

Oh, btw percentage gains might be nice to brag about, but if your strategy doesn't scale so that you can make serious money with it, then its pretty useless. Although if you're happy making 170k per year daytrading good for you.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 08:59 AM   #84
jaiman
Captain
9
Rep
657
Posts

 
Drives: very fast
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excellence View Post
At least you got a 335i!
Anyone got any tips on how to win big when playing stocks? I was thinking playing IPOs.

The issue with IPOs is that they generally are allocated to the best clients of investment banks and brokers. As a retail client it is very tough to get that inital allocation.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 09:12 AM   #85
Sara504
Banned
United_States
353
Rep
17,687
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA

iTrader: (6)

Not enough...
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 09:59 PM   #86
Graham M
I love my Z. Pure sex on wheels.
Graham M's Avatar
Canada
11
Rep
397
Posts

 
Drives: Is sold, goodbye everyone!
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiman View Post
I bet you don't even know how to calculate risk adjusted returns, do you? I eagerly await the summer.

Oh, btw percentage gains might be nice to brag about, but if your strategy doesn't scale so that you can make serious money with it, then its pretty useless. Although if you're happy making 170k per year daytrading good for you.
you seem to know what your doing, I'm going to look out for your investment oriented posts. I'm sure they'll equate to some great reading.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2008, 08:40 AM   #87
achien
AC
Canada
28
Rep
2,378
Posts

 
Drives: E90 Post Members Crazy
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (0)

not enough to get my a P-car...
__________________
Your Supreme Leader
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2008, 01:30 PM   #88
Excellence
G-STAR
Excellence's Avatar
65
Rep
1,899
Posts

 
Drives: E90 to A5
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Richmond, BC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by achien View Post
not enough to get my a P-car...
Shit same. I need to play some stocks..
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST