BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-04-2008, 09:28 AM   #1
BMoney
Second Lieutenant
 
BMoney's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Mercedes CLA45 AMG
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA

Posts: 255
iTrader: (0)

Placed my M3 Sedan + M-DCT Order today

I placed my order for june production(week 23) today. It's going to be a long wait! Opinions on my deal? They went with another bank that had better rates...

MSRP: $63,975
Sales Price: $62500
Money Factor: .00187
Residual: 56%
VA Tax: 3%
$3000 Total Down $969 x 36 month\12K

Last edited by BMoney; 04-05-2008 at 07:14 AM.
BMoney is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-04-2008, 12:55 PM   #2
grkmec
Private First Class
 
Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: stamford, ct

Posts: 165
iTrader: (0)

Nice! Do you know what week production you got? How hard was it to get the discount you got?
grkmec is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-04-2008, 02:16 PM   #3
BMoney
Second Lieutenant
 
BMoney's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Mercedes CLA45 AMG
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA

Posts: 255
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grkmec View Post
Nice! Do you know what week production you got? How hard was it to get the discount you got?
I'm being told week week 23 for production. As far as the discount goes it was pretty tough. I went back in forth with a dealer for weeks trying to get them to come down. I finally got $1500 off but shopped that to another dealer in which they gave me the same discount but had a better lease rate. Saved me another $30 a month. My goal was to keep it under 1K a month so I'm happy.

Last edited by BMoney; 04-05-2008 at 07:14 AM.
BMoney is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-04-2008, 02:28 PM   #4
08AWM3
Machi
 
08AWM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW Alpine White E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ///M=Machi

Posts: 151
iTrader: (0)

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoney View Post
I placed my order for june production today. It's going to be a long wait! Opinions on my deal? They went with another bank that had better rates...

MSRP: $63,975
Sales Price: $62500
Money Factor: .00187
Residual: 56%
VA Tax: 3%
$3000 Total Down $969 x 36 month\12K
hmm, why are you getting E90 M3 when you have an IS-F? interesting..
and did you get any discount on the IS-F? since you shop smart for the M3.
08AWM3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-04-2008, 02:51 PM   #5
BMoney
Second Lieutenant
 
BMoney's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Mercedes CLA45 AMG
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA

Posts: 255
iTrader: (0)

Nope I didn't get anything off on the IS-F but they removed some other fees and reduce the MF a bit. When I started dealing with the IS-F I think the payments were in the 1140 range and ended up under 1K. The IS-F was an impulse buy! It won't be around much longer...maybe till July. It's a pretty sweet car but it's just not doing for me like the M3. I shouldn't have strayed from the family. Here's some pics of the IS-F is anyone cares!


http://my.is/forums/f136/my-smokey-granite-f-355901/
BMoney is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-04-2008, 03:41 PM   #6
RandyB
Lieutenant Colonel
 
RandyB's Avatar
 
Drives: '03 330i, '09 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Texas

Posts: 1,504
iTrader: (0)

Did you get Somkey Granite again?
RandyB is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-04-2008, 04:53 PM   #7
Davinhci
Colonel
 
Davinhci's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 M3 E92 & 08 E70 X5 4.8
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Austin, TX

Posts: 2,474
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
good choice. M3 Congrats on your order.
Davinhci is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-04-2008, 07:39 PM   #8
BMoney
Second Lieutenant
 
BMoney's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Mercedes CLA45 AMG
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA

Posts: 255
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyB View Post
Did you get Somkey Granite again?
Alpine white!
BMoney is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-04-2008, 08:20 PM   #9
MDCTFTW
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: E92 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Norcal

Posts: 1,974
iTrader: (0)

<sarcasm>I love the ISF exhaust.</sarcasm>
MDCTFTW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-04-2008, 08:49 PM   #10
RandyB
Lieutenant Colonel
 
RandyB's Avatar
 
Drives: '03 330i, '09 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Texas

Posts: 1,504
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoney View Post
Alpine white!
Good choice. That's what I'll be going with.

You missed my joke though. You misspelled 'Smokey' in your sig.
RandyB is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-04-2008, 09:04 PM   #11
BMoney
Second Lieutenant
 
BMoney's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Mercedes CLA45 AMG
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA

Posts: 255
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyB View Post
Good choice. That's what I'll be going with.

You missed my joke though. You misspelled 'Smokey' in your sig.
oops!
BMoney is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-05-2008, 09:04 AM   #12
omfsgraffs
Private
 
Drives: 2008 M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: nyc

Posts: 67
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoney View Post
I placed my order for june production(week 23) today. It's going to be a long wait! Opinions on my deal? They went with another bank that had better rates...

MSRP: $63,975
Sales Price: $62500
Money Factor: .00187
Residual: 56%
VA Tax: 3%
$3000 Total Down $969 x 36 month\12K
Are the taxes in the payment, or do you have to pay the taxes in addition to the $3,000?

I have placed a deposit for e90 m3/dct
Msrp:66,850
36mths/12k
$1,178 a mth with taxes in payment
$3,525 upfront

How does this sound?
omfsgraffs is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-05-2008, 11:56 AM   #13
BMoney
Second Lieutenant
 
BMoney's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Mercedes CLA45 AMG
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA

Posts: 255
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by omfsgraffs View Post
Are the taxes in the payment, or do you have to pay the taxes in addition to the $3,000?

I have placed a deposit for e90 m3/dct
Msrp:66,850
36mths/12k
$1,178 a mth with taxes in payment
$3,525 upfront

How does this sound?
Taxes are in the payment. That seems high because I also looked into ordering one with a bit more options $66,xxx and it was going to run me $1015a month. Are you getting a discount and is the lease through bmwfs?
BMoney is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-05-2008, 12:14 PM   #14
omfsgraffs
Private
 
Drives: 2008 M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: nyc

Posts: 67
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoney View Post
Taxes are in the payment. That seems high because I also looked into ordering one with a bit more options $66,xxx and it was going to run me $1015a month. Are you getting a discount and is the lease through bmwfs?
No I am paying MSRP, and the lease is through bmwfs?

The dealer is telling me that he can not discount the car.
What leasing company are you getting your quotes from?
How did you go about leasing from an outside leasing agency?
omfsgraffs is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-05-2008, 12:23 PM   #15
BMoney
Second Lieutenant
 
BMoney's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Mercedes CLA45 AMG
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA

Posts: 255
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by omfsgraffs View Post
No I am paying MSRP, and the lease is through bmwfs?

The dealer is telling me that he can not discount the car.
What leasing company are you getting your quotes from?
How did you go about leasing from an outside leasing agency?
I'm not sure who it's with. I just emailed the GM with the deal and he came back with the outside bank offer + $1500 off. Not going with BMWFS saved me 30 bucks a month. You might just asked them to check into other banks.
BMoney is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-05-2008, 12:36 PM   #16
omfsgraffs
Private
 
Drives: 2008 M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: nyc

Posts: 67
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoney View Post
I'm not sure who it's with. I just emailed the GM with the deal and he came back with the outside bank offer + $1500 off. Not going with BMWFS saved me 30 bucks a month. You might just asked them to check into other banks.
I was orginally looking at a 24mth/12k they wanted 3,000 down with $ 1,290 a mth with taxes in payment.
At that time I was figuring on going with M5 at which they quoted me for a 24mth/12k $3,000 out of pocket at 1,380 a mth with taxes in payment
Now the dilemma was should I go with M3 vs. M5. I felt that I was getting more for my money with the M5. What do you think?
omfsgraffs is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-05-2008, 12:50 PM   #17
BMoney
Second Lieutenant
 
BMoney's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Mercedes CLA45 AMG
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA

Posts: 255
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by omfsgraffs View Post
I was orginally looking at a 24mth/12k they wanted 3,000 down with $ 1,290 a mth with taxes in payment.
At that time I was figuring on going with M5 at which they quoted me for a 24mth/12k $3,000 out of pocket at 1,380 a mth with taxes in payment
Now the dilemma was should I go with M3 vs. M5. I felt that I was getting more for my money with the M5. What do you think?
I was in the same dilema. My original quotes were in the 1200 range so I started looking at the M5 but between the horrible gas mileage and the fact that it's kind of on the outs and the M3 is a new model I decided to stick with the M3. The M5 is also too big of a car for my tastes.
BMoney is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-05-2008, 01:06 PM   #18
omfsgraffs
Private
 
Drives: 2008 M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: nyc

Posts: 67
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoney View Post
I was in the same dilema. My original quotes were in the 1200 range so I started looking at the M5 but between the horrible gas mileage and the fact that it's kind of on the outs and the M3 is a new model I decided to stick with the M3. The M5 is also too big of a car for my tastes.
Did they give you an estimated time on when will be taking delivery?
omfsgraffs is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-05-2008, 01:14 PM   #19
BMoney
Second Lieutenant
 
BMoney's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Mercedes CLA45 AMG
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA

Posts: 255
iTrader: (0)

23rd week is when it's suppose to go into production. The GM said I'd have the car in July. I'm not in a huge rush since I have to sell my recently purchased IS-F! How bout you...do you have a production date?
BMoney is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-05-2008, 01:38 PM   #20
omfsgraffs
Private
 
Drives: 2008 M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: nyc

Posts: 67
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoney View Post
23rd week is when it's suppose to go into production. The GM said I'd have the car in July. I'm not in a huge rush since I have to sell my recently purchased IS-F! How bout you...do you have a production date?

No i dont have a production date. i first have to decide if I want M5 vs. M3 sedan. There are so many things that I like about the M3. The handling is ubelievable, it has such an agressive look(powerdome, widened rear fenders, the double spoke rear view mirrors. It has a really sporty feel when sitting in the drivers seat. The only problem is I would rather get a two year lease so I can jump into something different sooner than if i would get a three year lease. This and the fact that it was such a close difference in price is why I am so undecided. I am first on the list for a sedan with DCT so i have to decide by May which car I want to get
omfsgraffs is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-05-2008, 01:49 PM   #21
BMoney
Second Lieutenant
 
BMoney's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Mercedes CLA45 AMG
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA

Posts: 255
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by omfsgraffs View Post
No i dont have a production date. i first have to decide if I want M5 vs. M3 sedan. There are so many things that I like about the M3. The handling is ubelievable, it has such an agressive look(powerdome, widened rear fenders, the double spoke rear view mirrors. It has a really sporty feel when sitting in the drivers seat. The only problem is I would rather get a two year lease so I can jump into something different sooner than if i would get a three year lease. This and the fact that it was such a close difference in price is why I am so undecided. I am first on the list for a sedan with DCT so i have to decide by May which car I want to get
I'm the same...I'd rather do a 2 year lease. I'm lucky to keep a car that long but the 24 month lease on the M3 sucks and I have some mental block that won't let me pat over 1K a month for a car! I figure since outside banks have more realistic residuals that hopefully I'll be able to get rid of it in 2 years with a minimal loss.
BMoney is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-05-2008, 01:52 PM   #22
omfsgraffs
Private
 
Drives: 2008 M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: nyc

Posts: 67
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoney View Post
I'm the same...I'd rather do a 2 year lease. I'm lucky to keep a car that long but the 24 month lease on the M3 sucks and I have some mental block that won't let me pat over 1K a month for a car! I figure since outside banks have more realistic residuals that hopefully I'll be able to get rid of it in 2 years with a minimal loss.
What color and options did you get?
omfsgraffs is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:32 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST