BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

04-10-2008, 09:17 AM   #67
ILC32
Lieutenant

Drives: 1993 Porsche RSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Tell him you are both a soon to be owner and "reporting" for an avid online M3 forum with a very large readership!

Some of the questions now seem very subjective, ametuerish or frankly unimportant. Don't mean to be harsh but just my frank opinion. Rather than trying to please everyone, I'd really think hard and pare the list down to increase your chances of getting some responses. Good luck, we all really appreciate your great effort here.
I would not be surprised if Larry Koch already knows about this thread.

I definitely agree that some questions are weak. Sorry but paint colors and reflectors -- are you kidding me? Also, I think it very, very unlikely Koch will provide information about future product plans or model changes. Its really not even worth asking those kinds of questions, particularly if you only have an opportunity to ask one or two things.

I suggest you prioritize your list of questions. That way, if you only have an opportunity to ask one or two questions, at least you wil have your most important ones covered.
      04-10-2008, 09:46 AM   #68
Epacy
Reincarnated

Drives: 02 Maxima SE

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post

Some of the questions now seem very subjective, ametuerish or frankly unimportant. Don't mean to be harsh but just my frank opinion. Rather than trying to please everyone, I'd really think hard and pare the list down to increase your chances of getting some responses. Good luck, we all really appreciate your great effort here.
+1
      04-10-2008, 09:47 AM   #69
RandyB
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: '03 330i, '09 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILC32 View Post

I definitely agree that some questions are weak. Sorry but paint colors and reflectors -- are you kidding me? Also, I think it very, very unlikely Koch will provide information about future product plans or model changes. Its really not even worth asking those kinds of questions, particularly if you only have an opportunity to ask one or two things.

I suggest you prioritize your list of questions. That way, if you only have an opportunity to ask one or two questions, at least you wil have your most important ones covered.
Solid post and very good advice.
RandyB is offline   United_States
      04-10-2008, 09:59 AM   #70
GewoW
#thatsanicemovebro

Drives: E92 M3 LSB/Black 6MT

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [4.67]
Send a message via Skype™ to GewoW
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILC32 View Post

Yeah, sorry, but about the colors, I have heard countless posts on M3forum.com saying "I hate how BMW isn't offering enough colors...I'm probably going to get another car". Yes this is a paraphrase to the max! but you seem to underestimate color choice.
      04-10-2008, 10:07 AM   #71
ersin
Brigadier General

Drives: 08 IB E92 M3

Ha, most of my questions about the M3 have been answered here. But I'd like to know the future of the Z cars.

Can he speculate on any plans for a new Z* ///M roadster/coupe? V8? And also when will they stop making the Z4 line. I heard August this year will be the end so no 2009 models; is this true?

I've been assimilated. 6MT/ZPP/18"/PS extended.
ersin is offline   United_States
      04-10-2008, 11:13 AM   #72
ruff
Conspicuous consumption

Drives: 987 S .2, Lemond Zurich

One more if I may:

Are any of the rumblings true that BMW is now considering building a proper mid engine sports car like the M1 to compete with the likes of Porsche, Audi, Ferrari, Lambo, and Lotus? Like Edmunds inferred, imagine master motor and suspension builder BMW offering the buying public this little treat at a reasonable BMW price. The competition may no longer be very competitive.