BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-03-2008, 08:22 PM   #1
fmquadri
Private First Class
fmquadri's Avatar
3
Rep
150
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

any other BMW accessory wheel that will fit E92?

I'm trying to strike a deal with a dealership that's somewhat willing to swap wheels if I find one that fits. Does BMW accessories (like on their 335's and such) have any wheels that would be an option for the M3?

I figured probably not, but hey, there are some pretty nice looking wheels on some of the showroom 3 series cars. Figured it'd be worth a shot to see if they would fit and be a good choice to swap my 19"s for!

i know the offset and weight is pretty important... R the M Sport rims any comparison?

if anyone knows off hand.. thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2008, 10:55 PM   #2
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
United_States
137
Rep
7,650
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M4 Coupe, 2012 ML350
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lake Oswego, OR

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmquadri View Post
I'm trying to strike a deal with a dealership that's somewhat willing to swap wheels if I find one that fits. Does BMW accessories (like on their 335's and such) have any wheels that would be an option for the M3?

I figured probably not, but hey, there are some pretty nice looking wheels on some of the showroom 3 series cars. Figured it'd be worth a shot to see if they would fit and be a good choice to swap my 19"s for!

i know the offset and weight is pretty important... R the M Sport rims any comparison?

if anyone knows off hand.. thanks in advance.
Only the Ms have a staggered setup. If you're willing to give that up, you can probably find a fit, but it won't look right. Get the stock wheels, and if you want something different, sell them and go aftermarket.
__________________

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2015 M4 Coupe - Silverstone/Sakhir/CF
2012 ML350
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2008, 11:16 PM   #3
fmquadri
Private First Class
fmquadri's Avatar
3
Rep
150
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Only the Ms have a staggered setup. If you're willing to give that up, you can probably find a fit, but it won't look right. Get the stock wheels, and if you want something different, sell them and go aftermarket.
thanks - after much searching and thinking - i came to the same conclusion. Only prob i have is i'm going to lease her so if i want aftermarket rims.. these rims will have to sit quietly in the garage till lease is up. (after i eat up some of the rubber, of course)

well if all goes well i'll be posting pics of the black beauty tomorrow!!
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2008, 09:44 AM   #4
gadget
Major
gadget's Avatar
United_States
31
Rep
1,162
Posts

 
Drives: 09 e92///M SSII DCT
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Only the Ms have a staggered setup. If you're willing to give that up, you can probably find a fit, but it won't look right. Get the stock wheels, and if you want something different, sell them and go aftermarket.

By Staggered do you mean larger in the rear than in the front? IF so, than you are incorrect since my Z4 has smaller wheels up front than in the rear.

Either way, I don't think putting 3'er wheel on an M is a good idea- keep stock or go aftermarket.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2008, 01:20 PM   #5
Gearhead999s
Major General
Gearhead999s's Avatar
93
Rep
6,814
Posts

 
Drives: F25 2.8d(wifes)F82 M4
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Only the Ms have a staggered setup. If you're willing to give that up, you can probably find a fit, but it won't look right. Get the stock wheels, and if you want something different, sell them and go aftermarket.
Not true my wifes E93 335 came with 225/35 19's on 8"s and 255/30=19 on 9"s on the rear.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2008, 01:24 PM   #6
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
United_States
137
Rep
7,650
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M4 Coupe, 2012 ML350
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lake Oswego, OR

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget View Post
By Staggered do you mean larger in the rear than in the front? IF so, than you are incorrect since my Z4 has smaller wheels up front than in the rear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead999s View Post
Not true my wifes E93 335 came with 225/35 19's on 8"s and 255/30=19 on 9"s on the rear.
I stand corrected. The basic premise that wheels not designed for the car will not look right is still valid, I believe. The M3 uses more aggressive width and offsets than non-M models.
__________________

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2015 M4 Coupe - Silverstone/Sakhir/CF
2012 ML350
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:30 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST