BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

Steve Thomas BMW

04-01-2008, 05:00 PM   #1
djburkeen
Private
Rep

Drives: e70 x5 50i

lease deal some of you may be interested in

Hi guys,

Been lurking for a while but just got approved for this lease and felt like the ball was rolling so figured i would go ahead and join up.

Anyway, about the lease. the only problem you might have is that it is through navy federal credit union. you have to join, can be through an immediate family member in or was in the navy. here is their website, navyfcu.org. they have good rates on just about everything.

I wont post the specifics of my lease, but here are the money factor and resdiuals for the m3 sedan. didnt ask about the coupe it is probably a little bit lower

36 month, 15k/year, 56%, and 57% for 12k/year. Money Factor is the kicker, their lowest rate is 4.4% which works out to be .00183 compared to like .00258 or something from bmw. the worst part of the deal is they charge and acq fee that is 2% of msrp. the car i spec is 65,200 so my "acq fee" was 1304.

here is the just of what i got approved for. 36 month, 15k miles, 5000 down (yeah i know its stupid to put money down on a lease), payment is less than 850/month. oh yeah im counting on 3k off msrp from the dealer, fingers crossed.

this is a pretty good deal compared to financing if you can get into the credit union.

anyway there are my .02. take care.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2008, 05:59 PM   #2
IraXI
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07 335I Coupe

it it very unlikely you will get 3k off an M3. Some dealerships are even 1k above MSRP. I would find out if they have any kind of disposition fee at the end of the lease, I know chase leases do. And also I would pick up some type of excess wear and tear from either the bank or bmw becuause 3rd party lease companies are usually extremely tough on the consumer when the lease is up.
      04-01-2008, 06:19 PM   #3
djburkeen
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IraXI View Post
it it very unlikely you will get 3k off an M3. Some dealerships are even 1k above MSRP. I would find out if they have any kind of disposition fee at the end of the lease, I know chase leases do. And also I would pick up some type of excess wear and tear from either the bank or bmw becuause 3rd party lease companies are usually extremely tough on the consumer when the lease is up.
yada yada yada......nice avatar though

turn in is 350 if you dont lease another car with them. wear and tear not a problem as i take pretty good care of my things.

oh and your out of the loop if you think discounts arent already happening.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2008, 06:37 PM   #4
ybbiz34
Rep

Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IraXI View Post
Can we see that avatar at full size, please?
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2008, 06:57 PM   #5
Bama M3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 13 Z4 28i

That sounds like a good deal there djburkeen. I'll bet you can find a nice discount if you shop around and find the right dealer (especially if you can find one with a few cars in the inventory). Prices are coming down quickly. Good luck, and let us know how things work out.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2008, 08:42 PM   #6
LittleRocket
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: AW E92 M3

Hey I have heard of 500 to 2000 off of MSRP so if you can get 3000 off and not lease the car from BMWFS at the same time then more power to you. Good Luck and keep us posted
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 01:09 AM   #7
mrdci
Registered
Rep

Drives: Mitsubishi EVO VIII

What is the MSRP for the car that you are using for your calculations. I am a member of Navy Federal and Ft Belvior Credit Unions. I have a 72 month loan preapproved for 4.4%. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 01:20 AM   #8
Davinhci
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 08 M3 E92 & 08 E70 X5 4.8

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
if discounts are happening now then who all has had discounts and please mention how much so I can neg. on mine when it comes in.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 05:13 AM   #9
Jimmyz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: E92 M3 or Audi S5 (soon!)

You got me all excited when I saw the numbers... but no one in my family ever was in the military, except my dead grandfather,
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 06:54 AM   #10
djburkeen
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyz View Post
You got me all excited when I saw the numbers... but no one in my family ever was in the military, except my dead grandfather,
well if he was is the navy i think you can get in. i got in through my dad, he wasnt in very long, but he had an honorable discharge.

oh and my msrp was 65,200. didnt realize i left that out.

oh and about not going through bmwfs to get the lease.....i dont think bmw cares where their check comes from as long as it clears.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 07:15 AM   #11
M3NNIS
Colonel
Rep

Drives: a truck for now

Send a message via AIM to M3NNIS Send a message via MSN to M3NNIS
you Don't have to be in the "Navy" to use Navy federal credit union.
      04-02-2008, 08:39 AM   #12
djburkeen
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by buschy View Post
you Don't have to be in the "Navy" to use Navy federal credit union.
nope, just have to have someone in your family who is or was i think.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 09:22 AM   #13
OutragedSpartan
Registered
Rep

Drives: 07 Nissan Sentra 2.0S

I look forward to applying for a lease or purchase for the M3 next year with NFCU.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 06:01 PM   #14
M3NNIS
Colonel
Rep

Drives: a truck for now

Send a message via AIM to M3NNIS Send a message via MSN to M3NNIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by djburkeen View Post
nope, just have to have someone in your family who is or was i think.
What I ment was they don't have to be navy, they can be any branch.
      04-04-2008, 01:19 AM   #15
fmquadri
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: 08 E92 M3

guys: hoping for some quick advice on numbers

need some quick advice on dealing with a dealership on a lease

they have a E92 on the lot thats been there a few days. They want to sell it for MSRP (and are acting like they're doing me a favor doing so).

Lease numbers are as follows:

Residual 54%
MF - .00298

I told him that I could get Leasecompare to do 52% Residual and a MF of .00217 - price diff is about 60 bux/ month for the 36 month lease.

now the car is spec'd with a couple of options i wouldnt get (roughly 1100 worth) and if I order one I figure I would get 1k off MSRP and would have to wait till July to pick up - that's a 2100 savings - and about 120$/month savings through leasecompare over his numbers.

Anyone getting better lease numbers not going through the NAVY CU? My local credit union doesn't even do leases.

Is there REALLY any benefit of going through BMWFS? Should i just walk away from the deal for the principle of it and go order one and wait??? ACK. I could have one in a couple of days... rather than a few months. I'm not THAT desperate... i guess. 120/month is a significant amount.. just wish there was a way to get them down to more fair numbers.

just need some pep talk one way or the other.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2008, 09:54 AM   #16
xxruffdmxx
Private
United_States
Rep

Drives: AW E92 M3

Send a message via AIM to xxruffdmxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmquadri View Post
need some quick advice on dealing with a dealership on a lease

they have a E92 on the lot thats been there a few days. They want to sell it for MSRP (and are acting like they're doing me a favor doing so).

Lease numbers are as follows:

Residual 54%
MF - .00298

I told him that I could get Leasecompare to do 52% Residual and a MF of .00217 - price diff is about 60 bux/ month for the 36 month lease.

now the car is spec'd with a couple of options i wouldnt get (roughly 1100 worth) and if I order one I figure I would get 1k off MSRP and would have to wait till July to pick up - that's a 2100 savings - and about 120$/month savings through leasecompare over his numbers.

Anyone getting better lease numbers not going through the NAVY CU? My local credit union doesn't even do leases.

Is there REALLY any benefit of going through BMWFS? Should i just walk away from the deal for the principle of it and go order one and wait??? ACK. I could have one in a couple of days... rather than a few months. I'm not THAT desperate... i guess. 120/month is a significant amount.. just wish there was a way to get them down to more fair numbers.

just need some pep talk one way or the other.
hey pm. I got a quote from my dealer through BMFS with a 56% residual and .00258 money factor on a 10,000 miles/month lease for 36 months.

My MSRP is 70,175. I put zero down, due at signing is first months and typical fees (about 2,000 a little less). The dealer wants 1235.00 per month.

Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0