BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos
 
GTB Performance
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-31-2008, 10:34 PM   #1
Goodfella69
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335xi e90 BSM
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ....

Posts: 197
iTrader: (2)

Just bought a Smart Car!!

I just picked one up from Ray Catena in Edison! anyone else buy one of these lil suckers yet lol! i need to take pics of it soon!
Goodfella69 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2008, 10:35 PM   #2
sinnet112
Major
 
Drives: 2009 E89 Z4
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ

Posts: 1,119
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Pretty sweet, saw them in Europe. I drove by Ray Catena the other day and I just saw they put up the 'smart' sign and I wanted to go in to take a peek. Congratulations on the car!
__________________


Z4 sdrive30i | Deep Sea Blue | Ivory White Nappa Extended Leather | ZSP
sinnet112 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2008, 10:36 PM   #3
ZuerstBMW
¡Viva España!
 
ZuerstBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 TiAg E70 / 12 Glacier F30
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tampa, FL.

Posts: 7,373
iTrader: (68)

I saw a truck load of them on the way to Orlando on Sunday. I was wondering if anyone on here got one. I heard there was a long waiting list.
__________________
12 X5 3.5i TiAg Cinnamon, Bamboo, Convenience Package, Sirus, Running Boards, Spare, BMW Apps MODS OEM M 333 20" Wheels W/ Extention Arches, Painted Reflectors, Xenon Fogs, 3M Bra12 F30 328i Sport Line Glacier Silver Black w/ Red Stitching, Xenons, Prem package, sirus, heated seats MODS 3M Bra( w/ Rockers), Side/Rear Window Shades, Perform Grilles & Rear Spoiler, Painted Reflectors, Red Line mats, Black OEM Frame, Xenon Fogs 2014 X5 M-SPORT 35I ON ORDER

Last edited by ZuerstBMW; 03-31-2008 at 10:56 PM.
ZuerstBMW is offline   Spain
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2008, 10:40 PM   #4
Goodfella69
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335xi e90 BSM
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ....

Posts: 197
iTrader: (2)

there is.. its about a 8-10 month waiting list... but a couple people backed out on their cars so there was a coupe and a cabrio available. So i made the deal on the coupe!
Goodfella69 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2008, 10:50 PM   #5
The_Blob
Second Lieutenant
 
The_Blob's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada

Posts: 290
iTrader: (0)

They've been in Canada for over 3 years and when it came out, a lot of the wannabe cool people started driving it. Now, the only people who drive it are delivery people, car parts courtesy cars, ad cars with company design graphics/logo on the cars, and poor people. However, all the wannabe rich people who drive 'em have Mercedes emblems on the front and back of the car! They're a real problem with losers on the street as you can flip it upside down really easily.

All in all, it's a car no one wants to drive because the interior is crap, like same as a early 90's Dodge, transmission sucks, and when they first came out, they were available only for diesel.

The Smart car is truly a chick car. No man wants to be caught dead in this car unless you have an additional manly car in your collection.

Resale value is crap too because no one wants to drive these in Canada anymore.
The_Blob is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2008, 10:57 PM   #6
nico335
Guest
 
Drives:

Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blob View Post
No man wants to be caught dead in this car unless you have an additional manly car in your collection.
does this qualify as "additional manly car"?


heres ours..... picked it up 3 weeks ago.





 
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2008, 10:58 PM   #7
ZuerstBMW
¡Viva España!
 
ZuerstBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 TiAg E70 / 12 Glacier F30
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tampa, FL.

Posts: 7,373
iTrader: (68)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blob View Post
They've been in Canada for over 3 years and when it came out, a lot of the wannabe cool people started driving it. Now, the only people who drive it are delivery people, car parts courtesy cars, ad cars with company design graphics/logo on the cars, and poor people. However, all the wannabe rich people who drive 'em have Mercedes emblems on the front and back of the car! They're a real problem with losers on the street as you can flip it upside down really easily.

All in all, it's a car no one wants to drive because the interior is crap, like same as a early 90's Dodge, transmission sucks, and when they first came out, they were available only for diesel.

The Smart car is truly a chick car. No man wants to be caught dead in this car unless you have an additional manly car in your collection.

Resale value is crap too because no one wants to drive these in Canada anymore.
Yeah, but perfect car for Europe since its so small.
__________________
12 X5 3.5i TiAg Cinnamon, Bamboo, Convenience Package, Sirus, Running Boards, Spare, BMW Apps MODS OEM M 333 20" Wheels W/ Extention Arches, Painted Reflectors, Xenon Fogs, 3M Bra12 F30 328i Sport Line Glacier Silver Black w/ Red Stitching, Xenons, Prem package, sirus, heated seats MODS 3M Bra( w/ Rockers), Side/Rear Window Shades, Perform Grilles & Rear Spoiler, Painted Reflectors, Red Line mats, Black OEM Frame, Xenon Fogs 2014 X5 M-SPORT 35I ON ORDER
ZuerstBMW is offline   Spain
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2008, 11:00 PM   #8
ZuerstBMW
¡Viva España!
 
ZuerstBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 TiAg E70 / 12 Glacier F30
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tampa, FL.

Posts: 7,373
iTrader: (68)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella69 View Post
there is.. its about a 8-10 month waiting list... but a couple people backed out on their cars so there was a coupe and a cabrio available. So i made the deal on the coupe!
May I ask how much? They about 12,000?
__________________
12 X5 3.5i TiAg Cinnamon, Bamboo, Convenience Package, Sirus, Running Boards, Spare, BMW Apps MODS OEM M 333 20" Wheels W/ Extention Arches, Painted Reflectors, Xenon Fogs, 3M Bra12 F30 328i Sport Line Glacier Silver Black w/ Red Stitching, Xenons, Prem package, sirus, heated seats MODS 3M Bra( w/ Rockers), Side/Rear Window Shades, Perform Grilles & Rear Spoiler, Painted Reflectors, Red Line mats, Black OEM Frame, Xenon Fogs 2014 X5 M-SPORT 35I ON ORDER
ZuerstBMW is offline   Spain
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2008, 11:00 PM   #9
Goodfella69
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335xi e90 BSM
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ....

Posts: 197
iTrader: (2)

sick smart Nico! thats a aftermarket radio obv right? We should make this the official smart car picture thread lol
Goodfella69 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2008, 11:01 PM   #10
nico335
Guest
 
Drives:

Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella69 View Post
sick smart Nico! thats a aftermarket radio obv right? We should make this the official smart car picture thread lol
yup! its a fun car... i've been driving it more than the 335 lately
after awhile, though, i DO miss the power of the 335 with its procede

im waiting for the different panels to be available. then im probably going to make it either black or blue
 
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2008, 11:02 PM   #11
Goodfella69
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335xi e90 BSM
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ....

Posts: 197
iTrader: (2)

base is 12k and they go all the way up to 19k for the conv... i got the base one because im using it as a marketing technique so i kept it simple.. Oh and me and my bro are splitting this lil bad boy haha
Goodfella69 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2008, 11:03 PM   #12
Goodfella69
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335xi e90 BSM
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ....

Posts: 197
iTrader: (2)

How do the panels work? you can change the color of the whole car?
Goodfella69 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2008, 11:04 PM   #13
nico335
Guest
 
Drives:

Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella69 View Post
How do the panels work? you can change the color of the whole car?
yup... except that side trim part. im sure you know this, but its that part that comes in either silver or black. what color did you get btw?
 
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2008, 11:06 PM   #14
Goodfella69
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335xi e90 BSM
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ....

Posts: 197
iTrader: (2)

yeaa i got solid black.. its going to be lettered up.. did you remove the original radio and put that one in?
Goodfella69 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2008, 11:08 PM   #15
nico335
Guest
 
Drives:

Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella69 View Post
yeaa i got solid black.. its going to be lettered up.. did you remove the original radio and put that one in?
nice!

yeah, the dealer did everything (wheels too). the person who originally ordered it ordered these accessories and so after we picked it up, we dropped it off a few days later and they put everything in.

i thought the headunit they were putting it was aftermarket. well it is, but i dont know how they got it to show the official "smart" logo as the background. maybe theres a way you can upload pics? who knows
 
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2008, 11:12 PM   #16
Goodfella69
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335xi e90 BSM
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ....

Posts: 197
iTrader: (2)

that head unit looks sick! i have to get something similar to that... so it was all done from the dealer.. so theres really no info u can give me on that setup.
Goodfella69 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2008, 11:17 PM   #17
nico335
Guest
 
Drives:

Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella69 View Post
that head unit looks sick! i have to get something similar to that... so it was all done from the dealer.. so theres really no info u can give me on that setup.
nope sorry

that's the thing, im not sure if ALL the smart dealers offer this or if i just got lucky?
 
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2008, 11:24 PM   #18
Goodfella69
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335xi e90 BSM
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ....

Posts: 197
iTrader: (2)

its ok! thanks... can ya tell me what dealer you got it from. So i can give them a call and ask them some questions!
Goodfella69 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2008, 11:30 PM   #19
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
 
E90SLAM's Avatar
 
Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

Posts: 60,884
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
looks like a fun little thing....
__________________
E90SLAM is offline   Hong Kong
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2008, 11:30 PM   #20
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
 
E90SLAM's Avatar
 
Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

Posts: 60,884
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
Hopefully I won't break it from my fingers....j/k!
__________________
E90SLAM is offline   Hong Kong
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2008, 11:51 PM   #21
nico335
Guest
 
Drives:

Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella69 View Post
its ok! thanks... can ya tell me what dealer you got it from. So i can give them a call and ask them some questions!
smart center of san diego
 
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2008, 11:51 PM   #22
nico335
Guest
 
Drives:

Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
Hopefully I won't break it from my fingers....j/k!
thats what she said
 
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:21 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST