BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....
 
Racewerkz Engineering
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-31-2008, 04:31 AM   #23
PortoM3
M3lover
 
Drives: SSII M3
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Salt lake city, UT

Posts: 409
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Yahoo to PortoM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck View Post
post a pic of your friggin m3 then we will talk about your LACK of driving skills. mofo.

LOL
PortoM3 is offline   United_States
0
      03-31-2008, 06:00 AM   #24
LittleRocket
Private First Class
 
LittleRocket's Avatar
 
Drives: AW E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SO CAL

Posts: 146
iTrader: (0)

You guys are so harsh on this guy. He will learn the difference one day when he learns how to drive once it is broken in. Hopefully or maybe he should get MDCT so he can press the gas and just push buttons
LittleRocket is offline   United_States
0
      03-31-2008, 01:54 PM   #25
m3larson
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 Cayenne S 1997 M3 Track C
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tucson, AZ

Posts: 301
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRocket View Post
You guys are so harsh on this guy. He will learn the difference one day when he learns how to drive once it is broken in. Hopefully or maybe he should get MDCT so he can press the gas and just push buttons
Wow....Why is everyone so angry? I have never been part of a thread where I have been insulted so much! I was part of E60 forums for years and learned a lot about the car and made some friends. I was simply stated the 335I is a very fast car and was very surprised when i could not shake him. How can anyone on this board know my driving skills? Like the comment above? When I learn to drive? Maybe some people on this board really don't have a E92 M3. I am a very experienced driver and yes I have been following the break in runs to a point. I will only keep this car for maybe 10,000miles... I'm just very disappointed in the reactions on this board.. I joined a couple weeks ago hoping to meet some friends that have the same car so we can share story's and learn about different problems. But after reading more threads I have learned everyone just bitches at each other. I don't get it.... There was a thread where some guy wrote in CAPS and everyone tore him apart.. Maybe one day there will be a M3 forum where people can gather without the criticism. By the way, went outside and snapped this pic this AM.. Wanted to let everyone know I am a owner....
Attached Images
 
m3larson is offline   United_States
0
      03-31-2008, 01:57 PM   #26
m3larson
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 Cayenne S 1997 M3 Track C
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tucson, AZ

Posts: 301
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo View Post
Way to go, that is a great way to break in a $70k car.

It is shocking that your car requires service at 653 miles. Do you think it was losing to the vette, the 335 or maybe the Mini Cooper.
?? My car hasn't required service.. What are you talking about?
m3larson is offline   United_States
0
      03-31-2008, 02:22 PM   #27
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
 
KonigsTiger's Avatar
 
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dweller

Posts: 4,398
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3larson View Post
Wow....Why is everyone so angry? I have never been part of a thread where I have been insulted so much! I was part of E60 forums for years and learned a lot about the car and made some friends. I was simply stated the 335I is a very fast car and was very surprised when i could not shake him. How can anyone on this board know my driving skills? Like the comment above? When I learn to drive? Maybe some people on this board really don't have a E92 M3. I am a very experienced driver and yes I have been following the break in runs to a point. I will only keep this car for maybe 10,000miles... I'm just very disappointed in the reactions on this board.. I joined a couple weeks ago hoping to meet some friends that have the same car so we can share story's and learn about different problems. But after reading more threads I have learned everyone just bitches at each other. I don't get it.... There was a thread where some guy wrote in CAPS and everyone tore him apart.. Maybe one day there will be a M3 forum where people can gather without the criticism. By the way, went outside and snapped this pic this AM.. Wanted to let everyone know I am a owner....
335 is a very, very fast car, especially at high altitudes since it doesn’t lose as much power as an NA engine. Very hard to shack indeed and by no means is it an issue with driving skills. Now guys, don't get me wrong, I think the M3 is far superior but the 335 is fast!!!
__________________
==================================================
KonigsTiger is offline  
0
      03-31-2008, 02:28 PM   #28
SMSgt B
Lieutenant
 
Drives: m
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 450
iTrader: (0)

If you are keeping it within the break in rules (below 5500rpms), then you are not even close to using its full potential. Also, I think I remember hearing that you don't have full hp potential until after the 1200 mile service has been completed. I would say redo it after the 1200 mile service.
SMSgt B is offline   United_States
0
      03-31-2008, 02:29 PM   #29
Revin9k
Private
 
Drives: Honda s2000
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cali

Posts: 63
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3larson View Post
?? My car hasn't required service.. What are you talking about?

Devo must have looked at other threads you posted in. One of them is someone that got a service at 653 miles...confused him with you.
Revin9k is offline  
0
      03-31-2008, 02:34 PM   #30
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
 
KonigsTiger's Avatar
 
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dweller

Posts: 4,398
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMSgt B View Post
If you are keeping it within the break in rules (below 5500rpms), then you are not even close to using its full potential. Also, I think I remember hearing that you don't have full hp potential until after the 1200 mile service has been completed. I would say redo it after the 1200 mile service.
Mine is well over 1,200 miles (2,500 kilometers), and yes it does feel a bit faster than a few hundred kilometers ago. Not sure this is because you don't have full hp before 1,200 (in fact probably not) but because the engine etc... are more broken (broken) in!! This is also the experience I have had with other high performance cars.
__________________
==================================================
KonigsTiger is offline  
0
      03-31-2008, 02:38 PM   #31
m3larson
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 Cayenne S 1997 M3 Track C
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tucson, AZ

Posts: 301
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-M-Mexico View Post
Mine is well over 1,200 miles (2,500 kilometers), and yes it does feel a bit faster than a few hundred kilometers ago. Not sure this is because you don't have full hp before 1,200 (in fact probably not) but because the engine etc... are more broken (broken) in!! This is also the experience I have had with other high performance cars.
That's what I'm thinking also... I remember my X5 4.8 feeling different after a couple thousand miles.. This is the level of conversation I expect from friends and M3 owners http://www.m3post.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
m3larson is offline   United_States
0
      03-31-2008, 02:42 PM   #32
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
 
KonigsTiger's Avatar
 
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dweller

Posts: 4,398
iTrader: (0)

For instance, I recall racing an Audi S4 (Not RS4) with a NA engine when I had about 500 kilometers on the car, I beat him only until second gear kicked in, a week ago a beat him profusely from the start!! Hahaha!!! I also recall driving a C55 AMG out of the shop and it felt soooo slow!!!! After a few thousand kilometers, it became a beast!!!!
__________________
==================================================
KonigsTiger is offline  
0
      03-31-2008, 02:48 PM   #33
addy85
Got beef?
 
addy85's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Arlington Texas

Posts: 3,646
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3larson View Post
Wow....Why is everyone so angry? I have never been part of a thread where I have been insulted so much! I was part of E60 forums for years and learned a lot about the car and made some friends. I was simply stated the 335I is a very fast car and was very surprised when i could not shake him. How can anyone on this board know my driving skills? Like the comment above? When I learn to drive? Maybe some people on this board really don't have a E92 M3. I am a very experienced driver and yes I have been following the break in runs to a point. I will only keep this car for maybe 10,000miles... I'm just very disappointed in the reactions on this board.. I joined a couple weeks ago hoping to meet some friends that have the same car so we can share story's and learn about different problems. But after reading more threads I have learned everyone just bitches at each other. I don't get it.... There was a thread where some guy wrote in CAPS and everyone tore him apart.. Maybe one day there will be a M3 forum where people can gather without the criticism. By the way, went outside and snapped this pic this AM.. Wanted to let everyone know I am a owner....
Apparently that’s the trend on m3post and e90post, you cant ask a question without getting criticized and ridiculed and bomb barded with If you don’t have any constructive criticism then just keep your mouth shut, there’s enough drama in the world already

P.S. We all drive BMW's so there shouldn’t be THIS VS THAT threads; we drive friggin BMW's for crying out loud
__________________

Special Thanks to AU335
addy85 is offline   United_States
0
      03-31-2008, 02:50 PM   #34
lvwirelessguy
Captain
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3, 2012 Golf TDI
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: 702

Posts: 947
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2005 M3  [0.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to lvwirelessguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3larson View Post
Wow....Why is everyone so angry? I have never been part of a thread where I have been insulted so much! I was part of E60 forums for years and learned a lot about the car and made some friends. I was simply stated the 335I is a very fast car and was very surprised when i could not shake him. How can anyone on this board know my driving skills? Like the comment above? When I learn to drive? Maybe some people on this board really don't have a E92 M3. I am a very experienced driver and yes I have been following the break in runs to a point. I will only keep this car for maybe 10,000miles... I'm just very disappointed in the reactions on this board.. I joined a couple weeks ago hoping to meet some friends that have the same car so we can share story's and learn about different problems. But after reading more threads I have learned everyone just bitches at each other. I don't get it.... There was a thread where some guy wrote in CAPS and everyone tore him apart.. Maybe one day there will be a M3 forum where people can gather without the criticism. By the way, went outside and snapped this pic this AM.. Wanted to let everyone know I am a owner....
Unfortunately this type of behavior is par for the course on this forum.

Things are much more pleasant and civilized on M5board, more adults there I believe
lvwirelessguy is offline   United_States
0
      03-31-2008, 02:53 PM   #35
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
 
KonigsTiger's Avatar
 
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dweller

Posts: 4,398
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvwirelessguy View Post
Unfortunately this type of behavior is par for the course on this forum.

Things are much more pleasant and civilized on M5board, more adults there I believe
Hahahaha!!! This is probably true, but we're not all jerks my friend!!!
__________________
==================================================
KonigsTiger is offline  
0
      03-31-2008, 02:54 PM   #36
addy85
Got beef?
 
addy85's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Arlington Texas

Posts: 3,646
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Oh ya the thread

When I bought my 335 I was actually amazed at how quick it was, and the more I drive it the quicker it feels so they can sneak up on you But your car is far superior and it should be, its 20 grand more lol. Enjoy your M3 bro thats a sweet car and im sure if we ever meet on the streets you'll more likely then not smoke my ass
__________________

Special Thanks to AU335
addy85 is offline   United_States
0
      03-31-2008, 02:54 PM   #37
addy85
Got beef?
 
addy85's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Arlington Texas

Posts: 3,646
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-M-Mexico View Post
Hahahaha!!! This is probably true, but we're not all jerks my friend!!!
+1
__________________

Special Thanks to AU335
addy85 is offline   United_States
0
      03-31-2008, 03:02 PM   #38
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
 
KonigsTiger's Avatar
 
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dweller

Posts: 4,398
iTrader: (0)

Hahahaha!!! I'm pretty certain that is the case, but its not as clear cut as you may think!!! Those 335 are fast I tell you!! I owned one just a few months back but traded it in for a Mercedes E550, lol!!!
__________________
==================================================
KonigsTiger is offline  
0
      03-31-2008, 03:20 PM   #39
lvwirelessguy
Captain
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3, 2012 Golf TDI
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: 702

Posts: 947
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2005 M3  [0.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to lvwirelessguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-M-Mexico View Post
Hahahaha!!! This is probably true, but we're not all jerks my friend!!!
Not all and that is why I still enjoy coming here and occasionally getting some good scoop
lvwirelessguy is offline   United_States
0
      03-31-2008, 03:22 PM   #40
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
 
KonigsTiger's Avatar
 
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dweller

Posts: 4,398
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvwirelessguy View Post
Not all and that is why I still enjoy coming here and occasionally getting some good scoop
__________________
==================================================
KonigsTiger is offline  
0
      03-31-2008, 03:54 PM   #41
rick berry
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2015 M4 DCT/ 2014 750li
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: marshall texas

Posts: 229
iTrader: (0)

Next someone will start a thread about how their Smart car can beat an M3 into a parking space. Me, I'm sticking with my M3.
rick berry is offline  
0
      03-31-2008, 03:59 PM   #42
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
 
KonigsTiger's Avatar
 
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dweller

Posts: 4,398
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick berry View Post
Next someone will start a thread about how their Smart car can beat an M3 into a parking space. Me, I'm sticking with my M3.
Well? Aren´t they? Hahahaha!!!
__________________
==================================================
KonigsTiger is offline  
0
      03-31-2008, 04:00 PM   #43
addy85
Got beef?
 
addy85's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Arlington Texas

Posts: 3,646
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick berry View Post
Next someone will start a thread about how their Smart car can beat an M3 into a parking space. Me, I'm sticking with my M3.
Lol the thread becomes calm and decent and then this guy shows up LOL
__________________

Special Thanks to AU335
addy85 is offline   United_States
0
      03-31-2008, 04:05 PM   #44
rick berry
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2015 M4 DCT/ 2014 750li
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: marshall texas

Posts: 229
iTrader: (0)

My point is : be happy with whatever BMW you have. I have a family member with a 335, great car. I happen to have an M3 ordered. Great car, for me. It's just that every few days one of these threads " mine is better than yours "starts up. You guys are a little too serious.
rick berry is offline  
0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:36 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST