BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

ESS Tuning

04-15-2008, 02:52 PM   #23
ganeil
Colonel

Drives: 328i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIP-A4 View Post
here's your stability
Does this video in any way reflect on the level of stability in Iraq?

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
ganeil is offline   United_States
      04-15-2008, 04:10 PM   #24
FirstClass
Brigadier General

Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
Some people have come to their senses late, some still do not have guts to admit, and barely any (Obama for example) had guts to think clearly when asked...
That's the beautiful thing about not being a member of Congress when the Iraq Resolution was voted on, you can say whatever you want about how you would have voted and nobody can call you on it. I'd be willing to bet that if Obama was a Senator when the resolution was passed there is a greater than 50% chance he would have voted yea. My statement holds about as much weight as his claim he would have voted against it, which is to say, none.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIP-A4 View Post
here's your stability
Ah YouTube, the paragon of authoritative truth in the universe. What you fail to realize is that a compilation of the worst things the video's author could find is not representative of what's really going on. For every scandal or atrocious action, there are countless good ones. You cannot blame a country on the actions of a few. The army is just like the general population, there are some sick bastards tossed in amongst it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
      04-16-2008, 12:56 PM   #25
ganeil
Colonel

Drives: 328i Coupe

An interesting analysis of the situation.
How This Can End

By Ann Gildroy and Michael O'Hanlon
Wednesday, April 16, 2008; A15

Last week, in testimony before Congress, Gen. David Petraeus had a chance to answer the half-rhetorical question he coined at the start of the Iraq war: "Tell me how this ends?" Appropriately, he chose not to answer. In fact, he declined to speculate whether U.S. combat force reductions beyond those planned through July would be possible later this year.

At one level, we know what the answer should be -- an Iraq democratic and stable enough to hold together on its own once we leave. If politicians can resolve major differences without escalating bloodshed, and if they oppose terrorism, eschew nuclear weapons, and avoid blatant aggression against their neighbors or their own people, we will have achieved our core goals.

But how to get there and on what timeline? The American public is entitled to some answers. Petraeus is already cutting U.S. strength in Iraq from 20.5 to 15 brigades this year, itself a challenging process. But President Bush as commander in chief, and members of Congress as elected representatives of the people, must decide how much more effort this war is worth.

We believe that, after a 75 percent reduction in the rate of violence in Iraq over the past year, and significant accomplishments by Iraqi leaders on at least half a dozen key political matters, there is a reasonable prospect of achieving a sustainable stability there within the next few years. That said, continued progress will be far more likely if major reductions in U.S. forces beyond those currently planned await early 2010...
Read the rest here.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
ganeil is offline   United_States
      04-30-2008, 08:02 AM   #26
dr335is
Brigadier General

Drives: GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
An interesting analysis of the situation.
How This Can End

By Ann Gildroy and Michael O'Hanlon
Wednesday, April 16, 2008; A15

Last week, in testimony before Congress, Gen. David Petraeus had a chance to answer the half-rhetorical question he coined at the start of the Iraq war: "Tell me how this ends?" Appropriately, he chose not to answer. In fact, he declined to speculate whether U.S. combat force reductions beyond those planned through July would be possible later this year.

At one level, we know what the answer should be -- an Iraq democratic and stable enough to hold together on its own once we leave. If politicians can resolve major differences without escalating bloodshed, and if they oppose terrorism, eschew nuclear weapons, and avoid blatant aggression against their neighbors or their own people, we will have achieved our core goals.

But how to get there and on what timeline? The American public is entitled to some answers. Petraeus is already cutting U.S. strength in Iraq from 20.5 to 15 brigades this year, itself a challenging process. But President Bush as commander in chief, and members of Congress as elected representatives of the people, must decide how much more effort this war is worth.

We believe that, after a 75 percent reduction in the rate of violence in Iraq over the past year, and significant accomplishments by Iraqi leaders on at least half a dozen key political matters, there is a reasonable prospect of achieving a sustainable stability there within the next few years. That said, continued progress will be far more likely if major reductions in U.S. forces beyond those currently planned await early 2010...
Read the rest here.
Another "Mission Accomplished" blooper???

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24381506

Spoke too soon -- nothing has improved over there...because we have people incharged that do not understand the enemy, Iraqi people and culture...

Last edited by dr335is; 04-30-2008 at 11:35 AM.
      04-30-2008, 09:36 AM   #27
e90im
Brigadier General

Drives: f30

U.S. troop deaths hit 7-month high in Iraq

BAGHDAD - The killings of three U.S. soldiers in separate attacks in Baghdad pushed the American death toll for April up to 47, making it the deadliest month since September.
One soldier died when his vehicle was struck by a roadside bomb. The other died of wounds sustained when he was attacked by small-arms fire, the military said Wednesday. Both incidents occurred Tuesday in northwestern Baghdad.
A third soldier died in a roadside bombing Tuesday night in the east of the capital, the military said.

The statement did not give a more specific location. But the eastern half of Baghdad includes embattled Sadr City and other neighborhoods that have been the focus of intense combat between Shiite militants and U.S.-Iraqi troops for more than a month.

4,059 since 2003
In all, at least 4,059 members of the U.S. military have died since the Iraq war started in March 2003, according to an Associated Press count.
The latest fighting erupted at the end of March after Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki launched a crackdown against Shiite militias in the southern port city of Basra. But it quickly spread to Baghdad’s Sadr City, a sprawling slum with about 2.5 million people that is a stronghold of the Mahdi Army militia of anti-American cleric Muqtada al-Sadr.

The militiamen have used the district as a base to fire barrages of missiles and mortar rounds at the U.S.-protected Green Zone which houses much of the Iraqi government and Western diplomatic missions, including the U.S. and British embassies.

They also have fought running street battles in which hundreds have died. The U.S. military says those killed have been mainly gunmen. But police and medical authorities in Sadr City say innocent civilians have frequently gotten caught up in the fighting.

Such street battles — in tight confines and amid frightened civilians — are increasingly becoming a hallmark of the drive into Sadr City and recall the type of head-on clashes last seen in large numbers during last year’s U.S. troop buildup in Baghdad and surrounding areas.

Girls' school destroyed
The Sadr City violence continued overnight with the destruction of a school in the district. AP Television News footage showed that parts of the two-floor Baghdad Girls’ School had pancaked as the result of an explosion. Desks were hanging down from the slanting classrooms where the outer walls were blown out by the blast.

Local officials said the school was the target of an airstrike on Tuesday evening.

An official at the local hospital, who asked not to be named because he was not authorized to release the information, said two people were killed and 16 wounded overnight in Sadr City. He said this brought the death toll in the district since Tuesday to 31, with 107 wounded.

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
e90im is offline   United_States
      04-30-2008, 09:37 AM   #28
e90im
Brigadier General

Drives: f30

Someone should seriously tell the oval retard that he's lost.

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
e90im is offline   United_States