BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos
 
House Motorsports
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-29-2008, 02:24 PM   #89
Munich_Menace
Private First Class
Munich_Menace's Avatar
Germany
1
Rep
172
Posts

Drives: M 3
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Deutschland

iTrader: (0)

^ Here's the official Pecking Order:
1) Japanese Cars
2) Euro Cars
3) Korean Cars
4) Chinese Cars
5) Misc Manufacturers
6) Amerikan Cars

Good nyt
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 02:25 PM   #90
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
Crimson92's Avatar
United_States
310
Rep
28,659
Posts

Drives: Like a boss
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Whales Vagina

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munich_Menace View Post
^ Here's the official Pecking Order:
1) Japanese Cars
2) Euro Cars
3) Korean Cars
4) Chinese Cars
5) Misc Manufacturers
6) Amerikan Cars

Good nyt

ok yea youre an idiot

sorry to be rude but really...you are
__________________
Quote:
Some people are like slinkies...not really good for much but you can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs"
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 02:54 PM   #91
e92drivver
Second Lieutenant
2
Rep
278
Posts

Drives: 335i Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: LA

iTrader: (0)

G8 is nice & a big step up for GM. I still wouldnt buy one so I dont see it as competition. The car is fast in a straight line but unfortunately I have to turn the wheel to get where I'm going. The 335 with sport suspension can hit the apex of a corner consistently on a track. You may get lucky on a corner with the G8 but it wont be consistent. It is fast off the line though.

There will be a lot of buyers for the price. Since value is a major selling point of the car I wonder what the depreciation, true market value and true cost to own will be on the car. Just because a car is cheap to begin with doesnt mean it is the best value. No doubt it will beat a 335 since it costs so much less but that doesnt mean it is a good buy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
proper english is your friend!

also is you C button broken or something?
Cut the guy some slack. He's not from an English speaking country. You understood what he was conveying. How is your German? Is it absolutely perfect with no spelling mistakes? Travel out of the US once in a while - to non-english speaking countries - and you wont be so quick to judge others for minor grammatical errors.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 03:09 PM   #92
cooldude
Lieutenant
cooldude's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
519
Posts

Drives: Bmw 335i
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Charlotte

iTrader: (0)

this image in your sig which movie is this ?

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 03:12 PM   #93
Mikewarlover
Major
Mikewarlover's Avatar
Canada
19
Rep
1,165
Posts

Drives: white
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Richmond BC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gum5h03 View Post




Nuff said...
sure the Saleen S7 might be fast and the zo6 might keep up with a F430 but both of these cars don't work on the road they are just track cars. In fact even hundyai has very good rally cars for the track
On the other hand the G8 is a great car since its not american its auzzy. I preferr the full austrilian Monora VXR 8 though since that ones looks better and has 415 horsepower
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 03:16 PM   #94
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
Crimson92's Avatar
United_States
310
Rep
28,659
Posts

Drives: Like a boss
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Whales Vagina

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92drivver View Post
G8 is nice & a big step up for GM. I still wouldnt buy one so I dont see it as competition. The car is fast in a straight line but unfortunately I have to turn the wheel to get where I'm going. The 335 with sport suspension can hit the apex of a corner consistently on a track. You may get lucky on a corner with the G8 but it wont be consistent. It is fast off the line though.

There will be a lot of buyers for the price. Since value is a major selling point of the car I wonder what the depreciation, true market value and true cost to own will be on the car. Just because a car is cheap to begin with doesnt mean it is the best value. No doubt it will beat a 335 since it costs so much less but that doesnt mean it is a good buy.Cut the guy some slack. He's not from an English speaking country. You understood what he was conveying. How is your German? Is it absolutely perfect with no spelling mistakes? Travel out of the US once in a while - to non-english speaking countries - and you wont be so quick to judge others for minor grammatical errors.

my german is perfect thank you...who asked you anyways
__________________
Quote:
Some people are like slinkies...not really good for much but you can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs"
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 03:16 PM   #95
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
Crimson92's Avatar
United_States
310
Rep
28,659
Posts

Drives: Like a boss
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Whales Vagina

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude View Post
this image in your sig which movie is this ?


superbad
__________________
Quote:
Some people are like slinkies...not really good for much but you can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs"
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 05:49 PM   #96
grumpybear
not afraid to call it like I see it
10
Rep
316
Posts

Drives: 2006 325i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: right outside the gates of hell

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikewarlover View Post
sure the Saleen S7 might be fast and the zo6 might keep up with a F430 but both of these cars don't work on the road they are just track cars.
unless you've driven them both how do you know that? Quit watching so much Jeremy Clarkson. Do they work on the crappy streets of London, no. Are they like driving a Lexus on a US street, no. But they don't do too bad on US streets that are maintained. Yes, I have had the opportunity to drive them both to know that.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 05:58 PM   #97
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
OBI_agent's Avatar
United Arab Emirates
121
Rep
2,109
Posts

Drives: ABS,American bargain supercar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dubai

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikewarlover View Post
sure the Saleen S7 might be fast and the zo6 might keep up with a F430
A ZO6 keeping up with a F430??? Please....the ZO6 slaughters it.
__________________
11 corvette C6
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 06:05 PM   #98
Bimmer335i
Major
Bimmer335i's Avatar
17
Rep
1,345
Posts

Drives: 07 Sparkling Graphite 335i Sed
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego, CA US

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roowah View Post
To me, it's not all about raw horsepower and straightline numbers. I'm sure there are numerous cars that can beat a 335. However, where BMW's in general shine is how they are engineered to balance power and handling with finesse. It's all in the engineering and what makes a BMW a BMW.

On an interesting side note, at the NY International Auto Show, they had a few G8's on the floor, and when I was checking it out (mid afternoon) there were hardly any people looking at them. On the other hand, when I went over to the BMW area, the place was mobbed. It's funny, every time I go to an auto show and walk into the BMW section, I feel like I'm on a pilgrimage home. I think I have a problem.


__________________
Enjoy the ride!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 06:09 PM   #99
grumpybear
not afraid to call it like I see it
10
Rep
316
Posts

Drives: 2006 325i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: right outside the gates of hell

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roowah View Post
It's all in the engineering and what makes a BMW a BMW.
well that and multiple trips to the service department.....
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 06:48 PM   #100
AdamJ
Second Lieutenant
AdamJ's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
277
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Too bad it's a Pontiac.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 07:24 PM   #101
sycd
Lieutenant
sycd's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
431
Posts

Drives: F80 YMB 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SF Bay Area, California

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 M3  [0.00]
2013 X5 50i  [0.00]
It's another econobox boat with a big engine, looks as boring and bland as any other Pontiac produced in the last 2 decades. It looks like they only come with a slushbox also.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 07:38 PM   #102
quagmire
I am Gundam
quagmire's Avatar
35
Rep
1,170
Posts

Drives: 2014 Cadillac ATS 3.6 AWD
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycd View Post
It's another econobox boat with a big engine, looks as boring and bland as any other Pontiac produced in the last 2 decades. It looks like they only come with a slushbox also.
Add to the list people who are commenting and bashing a car without even driving it. You can't comment on its ride if you never driven it. It makes you look like an ignorant blind fanboy( which you maybe). And how is it an econobox? It's 6" longer then the 550i.

Quote:
Too bad it's a Pontiac
Too bad you're just an image snob.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 07:54 PM   #103
Doc E
Surf Caster Extraordinaire
Doc E's Avatar
Ukraine
8
Rep
672
Posts

Drives: '13 ISF
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NJ

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to Doc E
thread gone wild
__________________
335i gone!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 07:56 PM   #104
eggbone
Private
eggbone's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
57
Posts

Drives: 2008 335xi coupe E92
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Reno, NV

iTrader: (0)

Thumbs down

Pontiac vs. Bimmer.....No overall comparison..
Comparing Caviar to duck eggs
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 07:58 PM   #105
Sal@AUTOcouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Sal@AUTOcouture's Avatar
173
Rep
9,747
Posts


Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (29)

Send a message via AIM to Sal@AUTOcouture
oh for the love of God, its a fucking sedan that runs a high 12, low 13 1/4. Our cars do this too....thats all the OP was trying to say. Get over yourselves, shit.


/rant
__________________

ACM Testpipes
| ACM P3 gauges | NJ: 201.666.3500 | LA: 818.849.6282 |Sal@autocouturemotoring.com | Facebook | youTube
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 08:02 PM   #106
Kev
Resident Anesthesiologist
Kev's Avatar
Hong Kong
185
Rep
8,815
Posts

Drives: VW bug with a misplaced engine
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (24)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggbone View Post
Pontiac vs. Bimmer.....No overall comparison..
Comparing Caviar to duck eggs
Comparing a company that made 4.8 billions to a company that lost 39 billion? Are you kidding me? GM should pack its bags and go home, but wait, who's going to make all the rental cars then?

There's a lot of brand loyalty and national pride involved whenever the American Automobile Industry is mentioned, but if you take a cold, hard, look at the facts of the industry, you'll realize that it's hemorrhaging like crazy. Every time GM or Ford produce an automobile, they lose money on it because of pension, healthcare, etc. Plus, their design are just lacking. They are trying to dig into the old drawings to look for inspiration for new design. Look at what happened the 'stang and the new Camaro. It's like their design capabilities have been drained.
__________________
kev { divinum est sedate dolorem }
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 08:08 PM   #107
Craigito
Captain
Craigito's Avatar
13
Rep
730
Posts

Drives: 07' E92 335i
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

I like it a lot and respect it for what you get for your money. Much more style than the GTO with same performance. I don't see it as "competition". If your basing that off performance only, than an SRT Neon is competition as well. The BMW competes against A4/A5/IS/C-Class/G etc. Those cars perform well AND have fit and finish to match. Having owned a Pontiac in the past, I hope they really really put a lot more effort into the interior. I've read they have but have not sat in a new pontiac in 12 years (had a 96 Grand Am).
__________________
My Original Car 335I Coupe / Space / Black Dakota / Gray Poplar / ZSP / ZPP / Step / Paddles / Nav / Hot Seats / IPOD/ Xpel HL & Fogs/ 15% F1 Tint

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=226259 (Stolen Car Thread ) http://craigsbmw-eurodelivery.blogspot.com (ED Trip)
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 08:14 PM   #108
quagmire
I am Gundam
quagmire's Avatar
35
Rep
1,170
Posts

Drives: 2014 Cadillac ATS 3.6 AWD
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
Comparing a company that made 4.8 billions to a company that lost 39 billion? Are you kidding me? GM should pack its bags and go home, but wait, who's going to make all the rental cars then?

There's a lot of brand loyalty and national pride involved whenever the American Automobile Industry is mentioned, but if you take a cold, hard, look at the facts of the industry, you'll realize that it's hemorrhaging like crazy. Every time GM or Ford produce an automobile, they lose money on it because of pension, healthcare, etc. Plus, their design are just lacking. They are trying to dig into the old drawings to look for inspiration for new design. Look at what happened the 'stang and the new Camaro. It's like their design capabilities have been drained.
And if you knew anything behind those numbers, you would realize that the $39 billion loss was caused by a freak tax issue. The loss would of been in the millions without it. GM is making money outside of NA. It's NA that is dragging the company down.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 08:16 PM   #109
Last E92 M3
Lieutenant Colonel
17
Rep
1,507
Posts

Drives: BMW M3
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munich_Menace View Post
^ Here's the official Pecking Order:
1) Japanese Cars
2) Euro Cars
3) Korean Cars
4) Chinese Cars
5) Misc Manufacturers
6) Amerikan Cars

Good nyt
hey...1 and 2 are switched.


New list!

1) Euro Cars
2) Japanese Cars
3) American Cars
4) Korean Cars
5) Misc Manufacturers
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 08:29 PM   #110
Kev
Resident Anesthesiologist
Kev's Avatar
Hong Kong
185
Rep
8,815
Posts

Drives: VW bug with a misplaced engine
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (24)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
And if you knew anything behind those numbers, you would realize that the $39 billion loss was caused by a freak tax issue. The loss would of been in the millions without it. GM is making money outside of NA. It's NA that is dragging the company down.
As you said, the US domestic market is weighing GM down..... Why? They are bringing Australian vehicles here and branding them as domestics, why?
__________________
kev { divinum est sedate dolorem }
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:06 PM.




m3post
m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST