BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Steve Thomas BMW

03-28-2008, 12:24 AM   #1
schneid4323
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 335i, M6

Send a message via AIM to schneid4323
Why Obama, sigh, has lost my vote

http://obama.3cdn.net/f9836ef496f75a9be0_39gimvt5b.pdf

I'm sorry but giving the federal reserve more power (When they themselves are a huge problem), charging the financially responsible people to save the irresponsible ones, attacking financial companies by regulations, and again taking my money. Handing out $30b is not how to fix anything, we don't even have a working social security plan which many of you have put tons into and wont get it out, by offering a new homeowners security... I'm sorry but the value of the dollar anyone?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 12:35 AM   #2
imolazhp_ci
Major
Rep

Drives: Z4 M Coupe

that is all democrats.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 12:40 AM   #3
schneid4323
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci View Post
that is all democrats.
I know, but right now all democrats are Hillary Clinton and a really fail economic plan. They are all just getting us closer to a totalitarian govt, dont worry Big Brother signs will be up soon
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 01:33 AM   #4
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep

Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to MrHarris
+1 OP
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 07:56 AM   #5
dr335is
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: Some Mazda junk...

what's the other option?
More wars, more degrading for the country, more lies and threats for the population, more debt, more breaks for the rich...more problems for our kids?

No thanks...
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 10:18 AM   #6
schneid4323
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
what's the other option?
More wars, more degrading for the country, more lies and threats for the population, more debt, more breaks for the rich...more problems for our kids?

No thanks...
Lose the IRS, lose the Fed, regulate how money is loaned, not the cooperations. Also possibly allow conflicting currencies, gold, to stabilize the dollar. It's all in plain english on this nice little document I like to call the constitution.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 11:11 AM   #7
dr335is
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: Some Mazda junk...

Quote:
Originally Posted by schneid4323 View Post
Lose the IRS, lose the Fed, regulate how money is loaned, not the cooperations. Also possibly allow conflicting currencies, gold, to stabilize the dollar. It's all in plain english on this nice little document I like to call the constitution.
But we have no candidate (or nominee) that supports that, so what's the point...

Same old that almost burried us in the last 8 years, or possible change?

I'd go with anything but what we had lately.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 11:52 AM   #8
e90im
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: f30

Quote:
If you want to get rid or IRS, you must revive back Huchabee. He is hot wired with Jesus.

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 12:14 PM   #9
jdink
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: '08 E90 335i 6MT

Quote:
are you serious?

were you born in 1900? Do you keep a treasure chest in your basement filled with gold? Probably guard it with your shotgun

03-28-2008, 12:19 PM   #10
Brunotheboxer
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2014 Shelby GT500.

democrats ftl.

"...I maybe drunk, but you're ugly, and I can sober up..."
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 01:40 PM   #11
its ray den
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2004 Mazda6s

Quote:
sounds nice in principle, but would it really work? a big change like this might throw the economy out of balance the other way and get us into a time of mess as well.

when you get frostbite on your toes you don't step into hot water to make it better.

as for regulation, i assume you meant corporations rather than cooperations. how do you regulate loans without any oversight on the institutions giving the loans?

with money there's greed. and with greed there's corruption. i know we can't do much about greed, but we sure can hold people in positions of power accountable for their actions.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 02:42 PM   #12
schneid4323
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by its ray den View Post
sounds nice in principle, but would it really work? a big change like this might throw the economy out of balance the other way and get us into a time of mess as well.

when you get frostbite on your toes you don't step into hot water to make it better.

as for regulation, i assume you meant corporations rather than cooperations. how do you regulate loans without any oversight on the institutions giving the loans?

with money there's greed. and with greed there's corruption. i know we can't do much about greed, but we sure can hold people in positions of power accountable for their actions.
The entire point is stabillizing the value of the dollar, 40% more income, and a set value of the dollar in gold would do such that. Also the 40%, more like 32% for people in this situation should boost many above the poverty line.

as far as regulating loans instead of corporations, what I mean is to hand out you must follow certain laws, not just financial service companies, but general loaning of money laws that would avoid the subprime crisis.

Honestly, I think that was the best set of ideas we had, i'm a lot more worried with the remaining candidates. Huckabee was my second favorite over Paul, but the fact is he doesnt believe in evolution which scares me.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 02:44 PM   #13
schneid4323
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdink View Post
are you serious?

were you born in 1900? Do you keep a treasure chest in your basement filled with gold? Probably guard it with your shotgun

Yeah because all we can go for now-a-days is a giant overly funded broke bureaucracy, that controls every aspect of ones life.
Thank you FDR, LBJ, and Hamilton.
Thats fine if you are totally down with the governments direction, but i'm not down with the totalitarian bureaucracy of democratic realism
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 02:48 PM   #14
nist7
Rep

Drives: Pmagnet

Quote:
ha, now if only Ron Paul would lose some of his other kookier ideas.....then it'd be a good mix of dem's social policy with GOP's economic policy and he might've lasted a bit longer.

But this is very sad news.....that a man as intelligent as Obama....but as a poster have said before......this is the party line of democrats......basically they want a nanny-state. While their intention is good.....their methodology is flawed.

I don't think Paul has officiall dropped out, so you can still vote for him in the General. I mean, people complain about this being an "illusion of choice" and then they turn around and won't vote for their conscience because they don't want to "waste" their vote. Such hypocrisy....makes me LMAO.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 02:48 PM   #15
jdink
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: '08 E90 335i 6MT

Quote:
Yeah because all we can go for now-a-days is a giant overly funded broke bureaucracy, that controls every aspect of ones life.
Thank you FDR, LBJ, and Hamilton.
Thats fine if you are totally down with the governments direction, but i'm not down with the totalitarian bureaucracy of democratic realism
I feel like your solution is very extreme. If you are saying that (knowing deep down that things will never go that far and meeting somewhere in the middle would satisfy you) then I understand. If you really think that these things will work then I am glad my vote is worth as much as yours so that I can cancel yours out.

03-28-2008, 02:53 PM   #16
nist7
Rep

Quote:
I feel like your solution is very extreme. If you are saying that (knowing deep down that things will never go that far and meeting somewhere in the middle would satisfy you) then I understand. If you really think that these things will work then I am glad my vote is worth as much as yours so that I can cancel yours out.

The thing is.....the US government is a checks and balances thing.....no one man can do whatever he pleased. Everyone wants to be a "moderate" and do things in "moderation." But would that really change ANYTHING? Maybe it's time to take some drastic views so that things can actually get done instead of politicians reciting rhetoric after rhetoric.......
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 02:58 PM   #17
schneid4323
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Denial of the possibility, plus the fear of a foreign enemy, plus economic crisis. I'm sorry but this is the ideal time to go towards a totalitarian government, and to deny that clinton wants that is a problem. The Real ID act, The PATRIOT act, Amnesty to telecoms. I'm sorry but i'm not letting my rights get signed over because people are scared and think that it's not a possibility. They have all the tools to do it, and there are some that want it, dont tell me it's something we shouldnt consider. We may not have it in your life time, but im gonna be here a little longer...
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 02:59 PM   #18
schneid4323
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nist7 View Post
The thing is.....the US government is a checks and balances thing.....no one man can do whatever he pleased. Everyone wants to be a "moderate" and do things in "moderation." But would that really change ANYTHING? Maybe it's time to take some drastic views so that things can actually get done instead of politicians reciting rhetoric after rhetoric.......
Checks and balances are easily defeated by our current administration, a republican supreme court with 5 Bush family chosen members, and increased power of the executive branch. The checks and balances in the constitution work, but unfortunately we are so distorted from that reality that anything is possible.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 03:02 PM   #19
nist7
Rep

Quote:
Checks and balances are easily defeated by our current administration, a republican supreme court with 5 Bush family chosen members, and increased power of the executive branch. The checks and balances in the constitution work, but unfortunately we are so distorted from that reality that anything is possible.
Well, the executive branch does have the court by its balls.

BUT, if the Congress changes composition.......then it will be a different story and the Prez will have easier/harder time passing laws.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 03:10 PM   #20
PresaMat
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 67 GT500,69 Boss 429, 335i

Garage List
I say make EVERYONE liable for their own actions. If your stupid enough to get a loan and get in over your head... your fscked. If your stupid enough to be the person giving the loan. Your fscked. We support idiots too much.

As for gas... make a law limiting the % of profit per gallon/barrel whatever. And have it a sliding scale. IE - id rather pay oil companies 20cents profit per gallon if the gas was $1. Scale the profit down to 1cent per gallon if the gallon is at $3. You will see gas prices drop and everyone will be happy.

END OF RANT THAT MAKES NO SENSE!

I am off to go live in my utopia of lala land bye bye

PS. I do find it rather funny that schnied of all people started this thread considering all of what he has was paid for by.... *DRUM ROLL PLEASE*.... HIS DADDY!!

Tuned E92 335, Riss Racing downpipes! And hopefully over 400RWHP!!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 03:10 PM   #21
schneid4323
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nist7 View Post
Well, the executive branch does have the court by its balls.

BUT, if the Congress changes composition.......then it will be a different story and the Prez will have easier/harder time passing laws.
We cant ignore the fact that there have been dictators who have taken over with the senate still in place, congress is a wonderful device, but when most of them are influenced my interest groups instead of the voters, popular sovereignty and fundamental democracy die, I lose faith.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 03:28 PM   #22
hak87
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: Sober

www.zeitgeistmovie.com
Appreciate 0