BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion
 
ESS Tuning
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-25-2008, 07:36 PM   #1
e90im
Brigadier General
United_States
113

 
e90im's Avatar
 
Drives: f30
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA


Posts: 3,108
iTrader: (8)

Does God know the future?

Always wandered about this one...
__________________
'13 f30 328i | P7ACA | S563A | S4DLA | Jet Black |

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2008, 08:10 PM   #2
ChineseGuy
QuickShifter
34

 
ChineseGuy's Avatar
 
Drives: Black E90
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: North Pole


Posts: 1,500
iTrader: (2)

Is there God?

lol
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2008, 08:17 PM   #3
vladinecko
Brigadier General
United_States
79

 
vladinecko's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bay Area, CA


Posts: 3,904
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [4.50]
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
1994 BMW 325i  [0.00]
chicken or egg?
__________________
2011 E92 M3 - IB/Beige/Sycamore Wood/6MT/EDC/ZPP2/Nav/PDC/Heated Seats/iPod-USB/Enh. Audio
2008 E92 335i - Montego Blue/Black/Gray Poplar/6MT/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/PDC/Heated Seats/HDRadio/iPod-USB - Sold
2006 E90 330i - Mystic Blue/Black/Aluminum/6MT/ZPP/iDrive/PDC/Heated Seats/Sat. Prep - Sold
1994 E36 325i - Boston Green/Beige/Automatic/ZPP/Heated Seats/Premium Sound - Sold
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2008, 01:28 AM   #4
ChineseGuy
QuickShifter
34

 
ChineseGuy's Avatar
 
Drives: Black E90
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: North Pole


Posts: 1,500
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladinecko View Post
chicken or egg?
egg
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2008, 01:43 AM   #5
wuufer001
Colonel
Taiwan
54

 
wuufer001's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 E90 M/T
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: DFW, TX//Taiwan//South Africa


Posts: 2,305
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2006 325i  [4.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladinecko View Post
chicken or egg?
chicken lol
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2008, 01:55 AM   #6
E82tt6
Colonel
45

 
E82tt6's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 Black Saphire Z4 MC
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New Jersey


Posts: 2,629
iTrader: (0)

Can God create a rock so heavy that he cannot lift it?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2008, 05:17 AM   #7
ChaneRZ
If You Aint First, You're last !!!
United_States
39

 
ChaneRZ's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 BMW 335i, 01 Honda Prelude
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: California


Posts: 2,509
iTrader: (0)

chicken!
__________________

08 BMW BSM 335i 6MT (Sports, Premium, NAV, PDC, AS, IPOD, HD Radio, Rear Sunshade, OEM Alarm) Angel iBright V3, Luminics Fog Bulb, Turbo Tuner, K&N Drop in Filter, Dinan Exhaust, Dinan Pedals, Vorsteiner CF Front Lip, and CF Rear Diffuser. Ordered:08/25/07 Started: 09/09/07 Finished: 09/14/07 On Ship: 09/15/07 Arrived: 10/08/07 Delivered: 10/10/07
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2008, 11:39 AM   #8
normtrum
Colonel
27

 
normtrum's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 335i, e46 330i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: PNW


Posts: 2,227
iTrader: (1)

Dude what is the deal with all your religious threads? No offense intended, but this is a car forum. Sure it's got a "religion" section, but you may not get the responses you're looking for from this type of community.

If you have to ask a religious question on this forum....why not something useful like "what type of a BMW do you think God drives?" I'm thinking a 7 series.
__________________
07 335i sedan | Steptronic | Black saphire | Terra | ZPP | ZSP | Cold Weather | CA | PDC | Nav | OEM Alarm
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2008, 11:40 AM   #9
ATG
Major
Cuba
21

 
ATG's Avatar
 
Drives: f30 328 xdrive, e90 335i gone
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Eastside


Posts: 1,058
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
7-series in Germany, but 2001 in the U.S.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2008, 12:16 PM   #10
phantom330
Captain
9

 
phantom330's Avatar
 
Drives: e93 335i
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: OH


Posts: 895
iTrader: (0)

I think you mean Horus............



you must be bored
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2008, 02:16 PM   #11
e90im
Brigadier General
United_States
113

 
e90im's Avatar
 
Drives: f30
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA


Posts: 3,108
iTrader: (8)

Politics/Religion is the section I post. If you don't like it, don't read it.
Attached Images
 
__________________
'13 f30 328i | P7ACA | S563A | S4DLA | Jet Black |

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2008, 02:30 PM   #12
normtrum
Colonel
27

 
normtrum's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 335i, e46 330i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: PNW


Posts: 2,227
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90im View Post
Politics/Religion is the section I post. If you don't like it, don't read it.
Wow....probably not a response that "God" would appreciate...would he?
__________________
07 335i sedan | Steptronic | Black saphire | Terra | ZPP | ZSP | Cold Weather | CA | PDC | Nav | OEM Alarm
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2008, 02:34 PM   #13
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
548

 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .


Posts: 46,037
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
wtf am i doing here... umm bye!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2008, 02:36 PM   #14
BayAreaE92
First Lieutenant
6

 
BayAreaE92's Avatar
 
Drives: 91' 850i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Oakland, CA


Posts: 373
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
1991 850i  [0.00]
2007 328i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantis View Post
wtf am i doing here... umm bye!
+1,000,000
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2008, 02:51 PM   #15
Neurorad
Major
18

 
Neurorad's Avatar
 
Drives: 330xi 6MT Blk/Blk SP
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Location, Location


Posts: 1,212
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by normtrum View Post
If you have to ask a religious question on this forum....why not something useful like "what type of a BMW do you think God drives?" I'm thinking a 7 series.
I don't think god would buy a car.

How about, "do you think it's OK with God if I piss my money away on a BMW, and not use it to help mankind?" or "is it OK for my pastor to drive a BMW?" or "am I being a bad Christian when I remove the piggybacked Procede before bringing my car in for service?" or "is WWJD just a clever bumper sticker, or should I really consider turning the other cheek/blessed are the peacemakers/love your neighbor as yourself?"
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2008, 03:16 PM   #16
normtrum
Colonel
27

 
normtrum's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 335i, e46 330i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: PNW


Posts: 2,227
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad View Post
I don't think god would buy a car.

How about, "do you think it's OK with God if I piss my money away on a BMW, and not use it to help mankind?" or "is it OK for my pastor to drive a BMW?" or "am I being a bad Christian when I remove the piggybacked Procede before bringing my car in for service?" or "is WWJD just a clever bumper sticker, or should I really consider turning the other cheek/blessed are the peacemakers/love your neighbor as yourself?"
All much better questions then mine
__________________
07 335i sedan | Steptronic | Black saphire | Terra | ZPP | ZSP | Cold Weather | CA | PDC | Nav | OEM Alarm
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2008, 03:40 PM   #17
e90im
Brigadier General
United_States
113

 
e90im's Avatar
 
Drives: f30
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA


Posts: 3,108
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad View Post
I don't think god would buy a car.

How about, "do you think it's OK with God if I piss my money away on a BMW, and not use it to help mankind?" or "is it OK for my pastor to drive a BMW?" or "am I being a bad Christian when I remove the piggybacked Procede before bringing my car in for service?" or "is WWJD just a clever bumper sticker, or should I really consider turning the other cheek/blessed are the peacemakers/love your neighbor as yourself?"

I like it. Fixed.
__________________
'13 f30 328i | P7ACA | S563A | S4DLA | Jet Black |

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 10:08 AM   #18
HEY32G
Lieutenant
United_States
19

 
HEY32G's Avatar
 
Drives: Currently Z4MR Shopping
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas


Posts: 597
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90im View Post
Always wandered about this one...
First, I didn't think you believed in God.

Second, yes he does know the future. If people would take the time to understand the Bible, they would realize that the Bible tells us what will happen in the future. The Bible addresses the times we are living in, in great extent. The Bible tells us that the Arabs would be blessed with great wealth. That Israel would become a nation in one day - it did on May 14, 1948. The Bible tells us that Israel will be hated by most countries, and that the whole world will be consumed with who has the right to rule Jerusalem - Listen to the news. The Bible tells us that a group of nations will try to "wipe Israel off the map", these countries include Iran, Syria, and a bunch of the other muslim nations that surround it. It says that this group will be lead by Russia. Who has been helping Iran with their nuclear project? Russia. Who just built a naval base in Syria? Russia. What country has a large and fast growing muslim population? Russia.

The Bible also says that Jews will be hated just because they're Jews, and that Christians will be mocked, just because they're Christians. So keep mocking us, you're just fulfilling Biblical prophecy. See God knew you would act just like you're acting. So you are proof that God does know the future.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 02:22 PM   #19
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
459

 
Drives: *
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK


Posts: 5,351
iTrader: (0)

Yet the Bible doesnt claim to be a single book. It is a collection of 66 or 72 books depending on what your beliefs are. It has been rewritten over the years (even in recent years), including many parts thrown out of it that Christians today rely on to form their faith. Many parts didnt even get into the Bible, they were either lost or destroyed.

I accept that there is truth in the Bible. I accept that some of God's word is in it and some of Prophet Jesus (AS)'s word is in it. The problem is that it is hard to measure how much...
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 02:42 PM   #20
dr335is
Brigadier General
54

 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX


Posts: 4,973
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH32335i View Post
First, I didn't think you believed in God.

Second, yes he does know the future. If people would take the time to understand the Bible, they would realize that the Bible tells us what will happen in the future. The Bible addresses the times we are living in, in great extent. The Bible tells us that the Arabs would be blessed with great wealth. That Israel would become a nation in one day - it did on May 14, 1948. The Bible tells us that Israel will be hated by most countries, and that the whole world will be consumed with who has the right to rule Jerusalem - Listen to the news. The Bible tells us that a group of nations will try to "wipe Israel off the map", these countries include Iran, Syria, and a bunch of the other muslim nations that surround it. It says that this group will be lead by Russia. Who has been helping Iran with their nuclear project? Russia. Who just built a naval base in Syria? Russia. What country has a large and fast growing muslim population? Russia.

The Bible also says that Jews will be hated just because they're Jews, and that Christians will be mocked, just because they're Christians. So keep mocking us, you're just fulfilling Biblical prophecy. See God knew you would act just like you're acting. So you are proof that God does know the future.
Bible???
It was written by humans... What does it have to do with...God?
Jews are not hated "just" because they are Jews...
No one is hated just because...
Your arguments above are at the level of a 12-year-old, but the similar arguments I've heard from my 6 year-old, too.
And your anti-Russia is as relevant as US allowing Israel to have nukes (but not publically), US creating Muslim countries (that at one point hosted OBL himself) in the middle of Europe, and so on...
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 02:55 PM   #21
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
459

 
Drives: *
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK


Posts: 5,351
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
Bible???
It was written by humans... What does it have to do with...God?
Jews are not hated "just" because they are Jews...
No one is hated just because...
Your arguments above are at the level of a 12-year-old, but the similar arguments I've heard from my 6 year-old, too.
And your anti-Russia is as relevant as US allowing Israel to have nukes (but not publically), US creating Muslim countries (that at one point hosted OBL himself) in the middle of Europe, and so on...
I tend to agree with a lot of what you say regarding politics. Regarding WMD - India, Pakistan and Israel all have them and havent even signed the NPT to agree to peaceful use of nuclear technology. It's interesting that Iran has actually signed it to say they will only use it for peaceful reasons.

I wouldnt like to see Iran have WMD, but only in the same way I wouldnt like to see ANYONE have them. I find it disgraceful that my country (Britain) are now trying to upgrade their WMD while agreeing to more sanctions against Iran...

+1 on Osama Bin Laden, let's not forget relations with Saddam too.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 03:28 PM   #22
e90im
Brigadier General
United_States
113

 
e90im's Avatar
 
Drives: f30
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA


Posts: 3,108
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH32335i View Post
First, I didn't think you believed in God.

Second, yes he does know the future. If people would take the time to understand the Bible, they would realize that the Bible tells us what will happen in the future. The Bible addresses the times we are living in, in great extent. The Bible tells us that the Arabs would be blessed with great wealth. That Israel would become a nation in one day - it did on May 14, 1948. The Bible tells us that Israel will be hated by most countries, and that the whole world will be consumed with who has the right to rule Jerusalem - Listen to the news. The Bible tells us that a group of nations will try to "wipe Israel off the map", these countries include Iran, Syria, and a bunch of the other muslim nations that surround it. It says that this group will be lead by Russia. Who has been helping Iran with their nuclear project? Russia. Who just built a naval base in Syria? Russia. What country has a large and fast growing muslim population? Russia.

The Bible also says that Jews will be hated just because they're Jews, and that Christians will be mocked, just because they're Christians. So keep mocking us, you're just fulfilling Biblical prophecy. See God knew you would act just like you're acting. So you are proof that God does know the future.
If God knows the future, could he please stop letting inocent kids from dying.
Any info on 9-11 in the bible? Please be specific?
__________________
'13 f30 328i | P7ACA | S563A | S4DLA | Jet Black |

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:04 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST