BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Evolve Automotive

09-29-2008, 07:33 AM   #23
ronnie dobbs
Private

Drives: 2008 M3 sedan

Well, through a strange turn of events, I ended up getting my M3 sedan that I'd ordered a few months back and not taken. Picked it up last week and took it in to Formula One on Saturday to get it tinted.

I called and spoke to a guy named Josue the day before I brought it in. I told him some guys on the forum had Formula One Pinnacle installed for $350. He put up a brief battle and said the tint normally goes for $499. I said that huper optic normally goes for $589 but I can get it done for $350, and he agreed to do it for $350. Even better, he said if I paid in cash, the deal was $350 drive-out. Your mileage may vary on that, but worth proposing if you're going there. Oh, and I also said over the phone that I had a "3-series sedan."

I brought the car in on Saturday and he had it done in about an hour and a half. Josue himself did it and I am very pleased with the results. I'll take a few days for it to dry out before I fully inspect for bubbles, but at first glance, it looks really good. The dot matrix turned out pretty well, about as good as you can expect. I went with 35% all around, and I am very happy with the color. It looks fairly dark from the outside, especially with the black interior, but isn't too dark at all from the inside. I did a full zaino treatment yesterday and will try to post some pics when I get a chance.

Also, let me know if you guys are planning a Houston meet-up. Wouldn't mind checking out a few other members cars.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2008, 11:55 AM   #24
TLud
Colonel

Drives: '12 Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie dobbs View Post
Well, through a strange turn of events, I ended up getting my M3 sedan that I'd ordered a few months back and not taken. Picked it up last week and took it in to Formula One on Saturday to get it tinted.

I called and spoke to a guy named Josue the day before I brought it in. I told him some guys on the forum had Formula One Pinnacle installed for $350. He put up a brief battle and said the tint normally goes for $499. I said that huper optic normally goes for $589 but I can get it done for $350, and he agreed to do it for $350. Even better, he said if I paid in cash, the deal was $350 drive-out. Your mileage may vary on that, but worth proposing if you're going there. Oh, and I also said over the phone that I had a "3-series sedan."

I brought the car in on Saturday and he had it done in about an hour and a half. Josue himself did it and I am very pleased with the results. I'll take a few days for it to dry out before I fully inspect for bubbles, but at first glance, it looks really good. The dot matrix turned out pretty well, about as good as you can expect. I went with 35% all around, and I am very happy with the color. It looks fairly dark from the outside, especially with the black interior, but isn't too dark at all from the inside. I did a full zaino treatment yesterday and will try to post some pics when I get a chance.

Also, let me know if you guys are planning a Houston meet-up. Wouldn't mind checking out a few other members cars.
Did you end up getting a better deal by taking delivery much later (aside from the special financing offers)?

I'll be bringing my '09 to Formula One in a couple weeks as soon as it arrives. I've brought all of my cars to them for years and have never paid over $350 cash, so I'll shoot for your deal.

I'd like to see pics of your car when you get a chance, and I'd come to a Houston meet.
TLud is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2008, 01:09 PM   #25
ronnie dobbs
Private

Drives: 2008 M3 sedan

I'm very relieved I waited the two months for my car. I ended up getting the car for $4,500 off sticker (my original deal with the dealer way back when was for $1,000 off sticker), the financing saved me about $5,000, and I got $5,000 more for the Audi by selling it on autotrader than the dealer was offering me on trade (although it took three months to sell the Audi, which was one of the reasons I didn't take my M3 when it came in). Total savings in the neghborhood of $13k, so I am very happy with the way things turned out.

For anyone still looking, my same deal (which is basically $1,000 over Edmunds invoice) is available on any of the M3's down at Advantage BMW Clear Lake I am told. Not the very best deal I've heard of, but if you see a car you like down there, pm me for my guy's details.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2008, 11:40 AM   #26
TLud
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie dobbs View Post
I'm very relieved I waited the two months for my car. I ended up getting the car for $4,500 off sticker (my original deal with the dealer way back when was for $1,000 off sticker), the financing saved me about $5,000, and I got $5,000 more for the Audi by selling it on autotrader than the dealer was offering me on trade (although it took three months to sell the Audi, which was one of the reasons I didn't take my M3 when it came in). Total savings in the neghborhood of $13k, so I am very happy with the way things turned out.

For anyone still looking, my same deal (which is basically $1,000 over Edmunds invoice) is available on any of the M3's down at Advantage BMW Clear Lake I am told. Not the very best deal I've heard of, but if you see a car you like down there, pm me for my guy's details.
Good things come to those who are patient, and I'm glad it worked out so well for you in the end. I have an '09 that should arrive late this week or early next week, and when the financing offers were announced, I looked around for an '08 like the one I ordered. Unfortunately, I could only find one that was close to what I wanted in the area, and it was sold to an employee the night that the new financing offers were announced.
      10-25-2008, 03:12 PM   #27
frankzlin79
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

Hey people. I just finished all the paper work on my 2008 M3 coupe at Clear Lake Advantage. The car is coming from Tulsa, OK so I had to pay much more than I wanted to have them deliver it. However, I was willing to do so since it was in the exact color combination and have every option I wanted. Anyway, I'll post details about all this when I take delivery on Tuesday.

This is the tint thread. I was thinking about having Xpert do the Clear Bra (was quoted $600 from Chad to cover front bumper, fenders, side mirrors, and hood). I also am thinking about having Xpert do my tint at the same time. Have people in Houston gotten good experience with Xpert (whether it be clear bra or tint)?

Last edited by frankzlin79; 10-25-2008 at 09:07 PM.
frankzlin79 is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2008, 11:16 PM   #28
TLud
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankzlin79 View Post
Hey people. I just finished all the paper work on my 2008 M3 coupe at Clear Lake Advantage. The car is coming from Tulsa, OK so I had to pay much more than I wanted to have them deliver it. However, I was willing to do so since it was in the exact color combination and have every option I wanted. Anyway, I'll post details about all this when I take delivery on Tuesday.

This is the tint thread. I was thinking about having Xpert do the Clear Bra (was quoted $600 from Chad to cover front bumper, fenders, side mirrors, and hood). I also am thinking about having Xpert do my tint at the same time. Have people in Houston gotten good experience with Xpert (whether it be clear bra or tint)?
Xpert is a solid shop. I've gotten a clear bra installed there, and they did it well. Friends who have gone there have also had good experiences.
      10-27-2008, 05:47 PM   #29
frankzlin79
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

After talking with John (installer) from Xpert for about 20 minutes on the phone, I set myself up with an appointment to have him install Xpel clear bra for the bumper, fenders, side mirrors, headlights, and hood. He's also going to install Formula 1 Pinnacle tint the same day.

Xpert carries both ClearShield and Xpel film. John said that he's been installing Xpel for about 4 yrs and has had no problems. John says that Xpel is a clearer and stronger film compared to ClearShield and that Xpel film is the type most of his customers are choosing right now. He said that he has not experienced any problems installing Xpel on a white car either. ClearShield carries a 5 yr warranty while Xpel carries a 7 yr warranty.

My install is at 9:00 am on Thursday so I'll report back Thursday night and take pictures of the results.
frankzlin79 is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2008, 07:36 PM   #30
Z06_7.0l

Drives: slow truck

Good luck with the install.(let us know what you think) Xpert does do a good Job. But on a side note Xpel's film has only been out for about 9 months not 4 years so take everything they say with a grain of salt.
Also get the hood kit that goes up and over the front part of the hood bulge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankzlin79 View Post
After talking with John (installer) from Xpert for about 20 minutes on the phone, I set myself up with an appointment to have him install Xpel clear bra for the bumper, fenders, side mirrors, headlights, and hood. He's also going to install Formula 1 Pinnacle tint the same day.

Xpert carries both ClearShield and Xpel film. John said that he's been installing Xpel for about 4 yrs and has had no problems. John says that Xpel is a clearer and stronger film compared to ClearShield and that Xpel film is the type most of his customers are choosing right now. He said that he has not experienced any problems installing Xpel on a white car either. ClearShield carries a 5 yr warranty while Xpel carries a 7 yr warranty.

My install is at 9:00 am on Thursday so I'll report back Thursday night and take pictures of the results.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2008, 10:26 AM   #31
rzm3

Drives: E92 M3

Hey guys, moving to Houston in a couple days. Want to get my windows tinted. So Formula one for $350 is a safe bet? Also did you guys get your weather strips felted as well?

Thanks,
Richard
      12-29-2008, 02:41 PM   #32
TLud
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by rldzhao View Post
Hey guys, moving to Houston in a couple days. Want to get my windows tinted. So Formula one for $350 is a safe bet? Also did you guys get your weather strips felted as well?

Thanks,
Richard
Yeah, F1 for $350 is the best tint and deal you can get. I'm not sure if they felted mine, but when i took my car in, I told them about others' experience with tint scratching. When I picked the car up, I forgot to ask them if they felted the seals, but I haven't gotten any scratches.
      12-30-2008, 11:59 AM   #33
rzm3

Drives: E92 M3

Thanks. How long have you had your tint?