BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

INDustry distribution

03-21-2008, 01:09 PM   #45
samwoo2go
Banned

Drives: E92 335i

1. just because there are grammar mistakes in the video you automatically assume non english speaking CCP made it. if you are not so brain washed by western media, maybe you can stop and think logically, the CCP has trillions of dollars at their disposal, if they want to make a propaganda video, don't you think they could spare say...a million dollars to hire a "professional" English speak to write the comments?
me have gramar spel mistake, me work for ccp to then?

2. it never cease to amaze me how blantely ignorant some people are. Listen, Chinese people is chinese people, CCP is CCP, its possible for 1 to be a patriot of China and not the CCP. Thats not saying CCP is evil, look at what they've done for China in the past 50 years. Im just saying why can't you accept the fact that the person that made the video is just another patriot of his country thats stating FACTS. just like any other patrotic American.

3. So what even if the CCP made the video, instead of complaining about the grammar, why don't you spend some time researching the facts that were stated in the video...o you can understand those can you? want me to translate it for you?

4. CCP evil this CCP evil that, give me a break. China is an old civilization, but PRC is a young nation. What young nation don't have its share of problems. I mean for crying out loud we use to have slaves man (and to some extent I still think we do), i mean talk about human rights, at least the chinese don't whip and lynch somebody just because they don't want to pick cotton. So what if PRC only have 1 party. I actually think its for the best...for the mean time. I mean for a time where PRC and ROC still have unsettled arguments about who really is the legitamate China, with a 2 party system the country is bound to fall into another civil war.
Is that what you want, decades of civil war, millions die and a prosperous country turn into ruins and citizens suffer like in Africa? you got so much energy worrying about China's single party system, why don't you try to help Africa stop its many civil wars and help them to become prosperous first.

5. The video of Tibetans getting shot crossing the boarder. That video is so unclear with no context that people can interpret it in anyway they want. O what your version must be correct because a couple white guys are making commentary on the side? First of all how do you even know those are Tibetans? have you met and spoken with them? How do you even know they are in Tibet? Because the white guy is wearing climbing gear and look like hes at mt Everest? Maybe its Russia, maybe its North Korea, I mean the North Koreans constantly shoot their own people for trying to cross into China. I can tell you what I see, I see a couple of convicted felons trying to cross the Chinese border to escape the law (chinese law permits shoot to kill if felons are caught trying to escape the border and there are no reasonable way to retrieve them before they cross into no juristion area). I see chinese boarder guards firing warning shots into the air and I see guys step into snowholes and trip and fall. I see a bunch of free Tibet activists staging an act to be filmed in Colorado. whos right? iono... Like the video they keep showing on the news of that guy on the bike getting rocked in Lhasa, how do you know if thats a tibetan or a han? I guess it depends if you talk to the dalai lama or the ccp right?
      03-21-2008, 01:14 PM   #46
samwoo2go
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsalino View Post
I can't believe some people here are in support of the chinese government. I am guessing you all are chinese. You do all remember that china invaded tibet 50 years ago and since then have been trying to destory their culture.
no the chinese liberated and reclaimed lost territory. look a little deeper into history, do you know what happened in Tibet between 1900 and 1949?
      03-21-2008, 01:15 PM   #47
FifthStreetz
O! So Sour!!

Drives: Fast e30 / Slow M3

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.75]
Neurorad, you know that the U.S. uses brainwashing techniques too right? These TV reality shows, dating shows, and all that bullshit... Most Americans have no idea WTF is going on with our economy or government but im sure they can tell you who got kicked off ______ show last night.
      03-21-2008, 01:20 PM   #48
samwoo2go
Banned

and neurorad quit just yelling CCP is evil at the end of all your post, your not gunna convince anyone with your blind "propaganda"

neurorad is evil
      03-21-2008, 01:22 PM   #49
MrTerryliu
Brigadier General

Drives: 335i

Send a message via AIM to MrTerryliu
china vs tibet? if this happens USA MIGHT cut all trades with china but if they do, the us has a huge impact cuz most of our stuff is from china.., UN will do something about it, DAlai lama says he will quit, i see total chaos in tibet... =[. and being half hk, i hope nothing happens to hong kong =[

i hope with all sincerity this ends without war.
MrTerryliu is offline   United_States
      03-21-2008, 01:23 PM   #50
samwoo2go
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthStreetz View Post
Neurorad, you know that the U.S. uses brainwashing techniques too right? These TV reality shows, dating shows, and all that bullshit... Most Americans have no idea WTF is going on with our economy or government but im sure they can tell you who got kicked off ______ show last night.
you know this reminds me I saw a poll on CNN a while ago...70% of americans polled thinks Sadamn Hussin and Iraq was responsible for 911...interesting results considering 1 of the reason bush invaded Iraq was because he couldn't catch Bin Laden...anyone smell diversion and brain washing?
      03-21-2008, 01:25 PM   #51
samwoo2go
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by asian010 View Post
china vs tibet? if this happens USA MIGHT cut all trades with china but if they do, the us has a huge impact cuz most of our stuff is from china.. and being half hk, i hope nothing happenes to hong kong =[
dude trust me, nothing is guna happen between US and China, Tibet is not that important. matter of fact nothing is guna happen even if China and India got in a war (it has happened before)...yup boys...money is THAT IMPORTANT.

p.s. I got to go to school now, I'll be back to shoot the shit with you guys tonight.

neurorad is evil
      03-21-2008, 01:45 PM   #52
Neurorad
Major

Drives: 330xi 6MT Blk/Blk SP

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwoo2go View Post
no the chinese liberated and reclaimed lost territory.
Ridiculous. Do you know what happened to the Native Americans? Killed off by settlers. Slavery used to be legal. Ancient history. Today is today, trying to make amends for past wrong-doings. Liberated?

Quote:
neurorad is evil

That video was made by CCP to make it look amateurish. It was clearly made by someone who had access to all those propaganda pictures, since last Friday (includes pictures of Tibetan riots).

I'm not criticizing the person for using poor grammar, I'm pointing out that it was made by CCP. I <rarely> give people shit about grammar, if I understand what's being said who cares, English as a second language is real tough.

I agree there won't be a war, there won't be any Olympics boycott, and all the Tibetan rioters will be rounded up and killed. No question about those things.

China is an amazing place, at the top of my list. PRC - controlled by CCP with an iron fist. As bad as CCCP was during the 60's and 70's. Citizens of the CCP can't say shit about the government without fear of imprisonment.
      03-21-2008, 01:47 PM   #53
The_Blob
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Neurorad, are you a hippie? It seems the only people who support Tibet are the hippie types who drives Subarus, old Volvos, and old Toyota Tercels. The U.S. points fingers towards China because it's called propoganda.

Once again, how do you think the L.A. Riots, Katrina and the Iraq War affect the United States' image in the world?

Why aren't the world leaders except the US is saying stuff about Tibet. Because Bush is an idiot!!! All the other world leaders are educated enough to not believe the propoganda that the US is telling the world about China. The U.S. is trying to divert the attention from the war in Iraq and the situation in the middle east - Bush supports Israel and not Palestinians.

Let's face it, the U.S. economy is struggling big time and so is the world image of the U.S. now thanks to Bush. Why is that so many Americans pretend to be Canadians when they travel around the world???
      03-21-2008, 01:56 PM   #54
Taittinger
Major

Drives: Monaco Blue E92

Garage List
2007 335i Cpe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad View Post
Citizens of the CCP can't say shit about the government without fear of imprisonment.
What makes you think they have something to say? Because you have spoken to them? The ones I have met seemed fairly content with their lives. They point out their free healthcare and schooling and access to housing. They question me why Americans would want to live where we do with the crime, poverty, lack of basics, and race problems. Who are you to be so arrogant and patronizing to assume you know what they want in life?

'07 Monaco Blue 335i ordered 9/4 built 9/21 shipped 9/28 arrived 10/12 at dealership 10/18 vroom 10/19 christened 11/3...
Taittinger is offline   United_States
      03-21-2008, 01:58 PM   #55
Neurorad
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blob View Post
Neurorad, are you a hippie? It seems the only people who support Tibet are the hippie types who drives Subarus, old Volvos, and old Toyota Tercels. The U.S. points fingers towards China because it's called propoganda.

Once again, how do you think the L.A. Riots, Katrina and the Iraq War affect the United States' image in the world?

Why aren't the world leaders except the US is saying stuff about Tibet. Because Bush is an idiot!!! All the other world leaders are educated enough to not believe the propoganda that the US is telling the world about China. The U.S. is trying to divert the attention from the war in Iraq and the situation in the middle east - Bush supports Israel and not Palestinians.

Let's face it, the U.S. economy is struggling big time and so is the world image of the U.S. now thanks to Bush. Why is that so many Americans pretend to be Canadians when they travel around the world???
Huh? What's the U.S. telling the world about China? The U.S. has done nothing about China. The Tibetan riots were barely covered in the 'news'.

You're trying to change this into a global U.S. vs them issue. It's about the CPP (single communist political party in PRC) controlling all media, and suppressing dissension with force. Anyone want to live there, under the CPP? You want freedom of religion? Freedom of speech?

Stop listening to propaganda.

No, I wouldn't consider myself a 'hippy'. I don't watch much TV, I think for myself, I don't drive a Volvo or Tercel (or Subaru). I constantly question everything that I hear and read. I'm not easily taken in by 'common thought'; my bullshit detector is on a very low setting.
      03-21-2008, 02:01 PM   #56
Neurorad
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taittinger View Post
What makes you think they have something to say? Because you have spoken to them? The ones I have met seemed fairly content with their lives. They point out their free healthcare and schooling and access to housing. They question me why Americans would want to live where we do with the crime, poverty, lack of basics, and race problems. Who are you to be so arrogant and patronizing to assume you know what they want in life?
The citizens of the PRC know nothing of freedom; they only know what they see in movies, and what they're told by the government-run press. Tremendous censorship. The CPP-run media bash all things foreign, praising CPP-sponsored everything. Of course the citizens think they have it great. Open your eyes.
      03-21-2008, 02:09 PM   #57
FifthStreetz
O! So Sour!!

Drives: Fast e30 / Slow M3

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.75]
Quote:
The citizens of the PRC know nothing of freedom; they only know what they see in movies, and what they're told by the government-run press. Tremendous censorship. The CPP-run media bash all things foreign, praising CPP-sponsored everything. Of course the citizens think they have it great. Open your eyes.
Yes there is censorship but its not to the extent that you have put it. Unless you have actually lived in China dont assume ok?

Most of my family still live in Beijing and they do know that the government controls the media and everything else. But they are happy with their current life style as it is. Now you might say its because of propaganda, however people there just want to live their lives and provide for their families, the % of protesters compared to people who feel indifferent is small.

The citizens don't think its great, they believe and know its great.
      03-21-2008, 02:18 PM   #58
Jaws
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2006 325i mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blob View Post
The real question should be why the Chinese government is expelling journalists from Tibet. If you are so concerned about U.S. propaganda, perhaps a story filed by British or French or Australian media might be welcomed. But no, the Chinese government can't help but try and control information. But I'm sure that the Chinese government is just concerned with the safety of journalists . I really enjoy those who use historical arguments (eg US Civil War) against other countries in defense of human rights abuses carried out by China in the present. It seems there are a lot of Chinese government apologists amongst E90ers.

Last edited by Jaws; 03-21-2008 at 10:50 PM.
Jaws is offline   Canada
      03-22-2008, 02:54 AM   #59
samwoo2go
Banned

Quote:
dude I swear your like a flash back from the 50s. you watched too much of those old documentary they show in middle school. this is how things were when Mao was alive and in power. Ever since he died in the 70s and Dung took over things have changed... and when I say changed I mean CHANGED.

Why sit here and tell us to open our eyes, it seems your the only one here with closed eyes living in a bubble that you build around yourself from the 50s. listen, advice, GO TO CHINA, go see and experience the new China for yourself, talk to Chinese people that live there, ask them questions. Then come back and engage in some real intellectual debate with us.

peace
      03-22-2008, 03:00 AM   #60
samwoo2go
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
The real question should be why the Chinese government is expelling journalists from Tibet. If you are so concerned about U.S. propaganda, perhaps a story filed by British or French or Australian media might be welcomed. But no, the Chinese government can't help but try and control information. But I'm sure that the Chinese government is just concerned with the safety of journalists . I really enjoy those who use historical arguments (eg US Civil War) against other countries in defense of human rights abuses carried out by China in the present. It seems there are a lot of Chinese government apologists amongst E90ers.

I think its more of a matter of not breaking out of the norm. Even tho this incident is completely the Tibetans fault. It has become a norm over the years for CCP to shut down all foreign press whenever something happens. so if they break rank and let press in, next time the shit hits the fan and they shut press down people will all be like "damn, they didn't even shut down press in Lhasa last time, they must be kicking some serious ass this time"

That and theres always the old chinese culture of distrust of foreigners and how they will use the information learned.
      03-22-2008, 09:14 AM   #61
dr335is
Brigadier General

Drives: GTI

Quote:
dude I swear your like a flash back from the 50s. you watched too much of those old documentary they show in middle school. this is how things were when Mao was alive and in power. Ever since he died in the 70s and Dung took over things have changed... and when I say changed I mean CHANGED.

Why sit here and tell us to open our eyes, it seems your the only one here with closed eyes living in a bubble that you build around yourself from the 50s. listen, advice, GO TO CHINA, go see and experience the new China for yourself, talk to Chinese people that live there, ask them questions. Then come back and engage in some real intellectual debate with us.

peace
I must agree with this completely, although, most of the time I applaud Neuro's replies...
A typical American response learned from the TV/media.
Once you travel to China (and I "lived" there in 2005/06) and do business directly with them (talk to people), you realize how wrong our views are...
      03-22-2008, 05:00 PM   #62
e90im
Brigadier General

Drives: f30

China may ban live broadcasts during Games

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23747606/

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
e90im is offline   United_States
      03-23-2008, 09:28 PM   #63
Expired
Fanatic

Drives: N/A

Send a message via AIM to Expired
I like all of these Olympic pictures, pretty creative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E82tt6 View Post
There's a difference between a medal and weaponry.
Little do you know that like from LOTR, that medal has the power to rule them all and bind them.

Quote:
watch video

im out
I think the only part I liked was the part about..
"United States: Free Texas Republic or just all pack up and go back to Europe."
However, instead of giving it back to Mexico, we should secede from the United States and form our own country.

I also liked the music, and China has better uniforms than us when it comes to police and firefighters.. I liked their silver helmets. :O

I have also concluded that Neurorad has possibly been brainwashed like a few others in this thread thinking that everything is planned out by the government. I'm now curious what people in other countries think about the U.S.

-Nathan
      04-11-2008, 06:04 PM   #64
e90im
Brigadier General

Drives: f30

Attached Images

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
e90im is offline   United_States
      04-11-2008, 10:42 PM   #65
Neurorad
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expired View Post
I have also concluded that Neurorad has possibly been brainwashed like a few others in this thread thinking that everything is planned out by the government. -Nathan
In China, yes, everything is planned out by the government. They have an iron grip on all media (print, television, internet), thus controlling the knowledge of all citizens. Of course all Chinese citizens think they have it great.

I'm convinced that Chinese propagandist youtube video was produced by the Chinese government. Who else would have access to all those photos? Did you notice all of the recent tibet riot photos? This video surfaced 3 days after the riots, and included a number of photographs of the riots, as well as many, many 'stock' type photos of Chinese government building projects. There's no doubt it was produced by the Chinese regime for the purposes of propaganda.

Watch out. 6/4 was the real thing, with real people, who wanted democracy. Crushed like a tiny grape.

For all you Chinese government-trained chimps, what's the party line on 6/4? Do they even admit it happened? Is it discussed in school? Did PLA fire on unarmed Tiananmen Square protestors? How about that lone guy standing in front of a tank, unarmed, blocking the tank? What happened to him? Is he still imprisoned?
      04-12-2008, 06:00 AM   #66
Robert
Major General

Drives: 135i, current is350

Let the Chinese sort it out. They are one of the world's oldest civilizations and will remain that way for thousand more years to come. It's funny some western countries are up in arms with the current situation. Perhaps they have forgotten the British invasion in 1904, which killed thousands of tibetans.

"The British soldiers mowed down the Tibetans with machine guns as they fled. “I got so sick of the slaughter that I ceased fire, though the general’s order was to make as big a bag as possible,” wrote Lieutenant Arthur Hadow, commander of the Maxim guns detachment. “I hope I shall never again have to shoot down men walking away.” [42]" - Wikipedia

or the invasion of China by Europeans:

"Early in the 19th century, serious internal weaknesses developed in the Manchu empire that left China vulnerable to Western, Japanese, and Russian imperialism. In 1839, China found itself fighting the First Opium War with Britain. China was defeated, and in 1842, agreed to the provisions of the Treaty of Nanjing. "

I don't agree with how people are treated there, but what country is willing to go to war, how land conflicts are resolved, or the least, stop trading with China? I fail to see what violent protest in the streets or extinguish olympic flame has anything to do with improving the lives of tibetans. Simply ruin the games for other people. There is no way China will let Tibet declare independence without a fight. What kind of implications will that give to rest of the country? Who is next, Taiwan? Get real. What country is willing to sacrifice its country man for tibetan?

Want to make their lives better. Start donating to build more infrastructures, schools, roads and schools.

Last edited by Robert; 04-12-2008 at 06:35 AM.