BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

03-21-2008, 01:31 AM   #23
FifthStreetz
O! So Sour!!

Drives: Fast e30 / Slow M3

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.75]
^ well said. Israelis retaliate with air-strikes and military action. I dont see the U.S. gov. or anyone else making a big deal out of that.

People should mind their own business because we have enough problems as it is with our country. How about we focus on the upcoming election or how we can help our economy. All this protest and bickering on what or what not another country should do is a waste of time and energy.
      03-21-2008, 06:51 AM   #24
Neurorad
Major

Drives: 330xi 6MT Blk/Blk SP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blob View Post
The Chinese government has shown a great deal of restraint toward these entire proceedings. No doubt, this is more for the benefit of the international community, but according to the the only western journalist actually allowed to cover Lhasa (from the Economist) a conscious effort was made by the authorities to restore peace, not crack down.

If Native Americans came to an American city, setting stores on fire, killing American citizens and demanding the city back, how would the American government react? How would the Israeli government react if Palestinians did the same thing?

The concept of mobs of Tibetans attacking innocent Han and Hui minorities in Tibet is shocking to most Westerners, who have a stereotype of Tibetans to being tranquil people who would never resort to violence.

How do you think the L.A. Riots, Katrina and the Iraq War affect the United States' image in the world?
Reading CCP 'sponsored' news/propaganda again?

There are 2 sources of info on the Tibetan protests, CCP and Dharamsala (sp?). Both are biased. Read between the lines. Don't believe everything you read. The Economist reporter could only see a very small area.

I agree that the rioters were acting inappropriately, to put it very lightly. Please look at the conditions that caused the rioting (you won't find it detailed in any CCP-sponsored news source).

The CCP doesn't even acknowledge that they fired on the rioters. Chinese citizens are brainwashed by propaganda.
      03-21-2008, 07:53 AM   #25
Neurorad
Major

The Chinese people are oppressed, everywhere in China, by the CCP. It's a single-party regime that controls all media.

I agree that China has invested a lot of money into the Tibet region, but at a cost to the culture and human rights.

CCP very bad. Chinese people very good. Torture, imprisonment, and execution for speaking out against the government very, very bad.
      03-21-2008, 08:58 AM   #26
samwoo2go
Banned

Drives: E92 335i

I'll tell you what happened and why now.

Dalai Lama was the head of puppet gov set up by the brits back in early 1900s. Ever since then hes been funded by CIA and brit gov to split tibet out after his exile.

Why now?
This riot was timed in time for his 49th year in exile and the olympic. Think about it. Whould the chinese crush the riot the way they did in the 50s considering the olympic is comming up. hell no. so low possible casulties.

What happened?
Tibetans were essentially doing a ethnic cleancing. killing ethnic chinese and destroying their shops and vehicles. O....all these people died... the poor defenseless Tibetans and the evil chinese. COMMON...look at who is klling who. The PLA were dispatched afterwards to disperse the riot...did tibetans die in process...of course. Did police kill black people in the LA riot? ITS A FUCKING RIOT...I got a gun and if your charging me with a knife even when im spraying you with water guns and tear gas. Imna kill you, pure and simple, I got a family I got to go back to, so if your trying to stop that from happening, imna shoot you.

If the fucking Dalai Lama is so "peaceful and anti-violence" why is he refusing to condemn the violent protest his followers INITIATED. Want to know why? Because he ORGANIZED it. and hes got the balls to say O "come here and look at all of our documents and quote my speech, I didn't organize it" what do you take us for idiots? well...maybe some people are. you expect us to believe you are dumb enough to leave a paper trail...

bottom line Dalai Lama is a lying violent sack a shit. He is the worse thing that ever happened to buddhism. Stop hiding in India behind religion and tell us who your really working for bitch.

watch video

im out
      03-21-2008, 09:01 AM   #27
samwoo2go
Banned

Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad View Post
The Chinese people are oppressed, everywhere in China, by the CCP. It's a single-party regime that controls all media.

I agree that China has invested a lot of money into the Tibet region, but at a cost to the culture and human rights.

CCP very bad. Chinese people very good. Torture, imprisonment, and execution for speaking out against the government very, very bad.
Bush very bad, American people very good. Guamtamala bay very bad, Iraq bad, Bush bad, patriot act very bad, biased media very bad. taking land from mexico and Indias very bad.

take a number
      03-21-2008, 10:23 AM   #28
Taittinger
Major

Drives: Monaco Blue E92

Garage List
2007 335i Cpe  [0.00]
Quote:
Reading CCP 'sponsored' news/propaganda again?

The CCP doesn't even acknowledge that they fired on the rioters. Chinese citizens are brainwashed by propaganda.
You do realize that many around the world say likewise about Americans and the US media.

'07 Monaco Blue 335i ordered 9/4 built 9/21 shipped 9/28 arrived 10/12 at dealership 10/18 vroom 10/19 christened 11/3...
Taittinger is offline   United_States
      03-21-2008, 11:12 AM   #29
Neurorad
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwoo2go View Post
I'll tell you what happened and why now.

Dalai Lama was the head of puppet gov set up by the brits back in early 1900s. Ever since then hes been funded by CIA and brit gov to split tibet out after his exile.

Why now?
This riot was timed in time for his 49th year in exile and the olympic. Think about it. Whould the chinese crush the riot the way they did in the 50s considering the olympic is comming up. hell no. so low possible casulties.

What happened?
Tibetans were essentially doing a ethnic cleancing. killing ethnic chinese and destroying their shops and vehicles. O....all these people died... the poor defenseless Tibetans and the evil chinese. COMMON...look at who is klling who. The PLA were dispatched afterwards to disperse the riot...did tibetans die in process...of course. Did police kill black people in the LA riot? ITS A FUCKING RIOT...I got a gun and if your charging me with a knife even when im spraying you with water guns and tear gas. Imna kill you, pure and simple, I got a family I got to go back to, so if your trying to stop that from happening, imna shoot you.

If the fucking Dalai Lama is so "peaceful and anti-violence" why is he refusing to condemn the violent protest his followers INITIATED. Want to know why? Because he ORGANIZED it. and hes got the balls to say O "come here and look at all of our documents and quote my speech, I didn't organize it" what do you take us for idiots? well...maybe some people are. you expect us to believe you are dumb enough to leave a paper trail...

bottom line Dalai Lama is a lying violent sack a shit. He is the worse thing that ever happened to buddhism. Stop hiding in India behind religion and tell us who your really working for bitch.

watch video

im out
I've seen that video, and read many of the CCP comments at the end.

Propaganda, propaganda, propaganda. Very well done, for you to fall for it.
      03-21-2008, 11:18 AM   #30
Neurorad
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taittinger View Post
You do realize that many around the world say likewise about Americans and the US media.
Comparing U.S. Society, where I'm not thrown in prison for voicing dissent, with the CCP regime, where you are not free to say what you want, is ridiculous.

Just because people say it, doesn't make it the truth.

The Tienneman Square massacre happened when I was in college, and I was impressionable. I guess some people forget more easily than others. It's only been 20 years, and the CCP is just as horrible as they've ever been.
      03-21-2008, 11:24 AM   #31
Neurorad
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwoo2go View Post
Do you realize that the poster of that video is the CCP?

Look at the other videos 'he' posted. It's all, literally, CCP propaganda, from the ASAT Space Weapon video, to the Maglev video, to the Great Wall video. Why such disparate topics? Want to know everything great about the 3 Gorges Dam? It's all there!

The 'poster' of that video has uploaded 128 videos in the last 4 days.

WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I noticed Wiki is being re-written by the CCP, too. Watch out.
      03-21-2008, 11:33 AM   #32
Neurorad
Major

Notice all of the misspellings and grammar mistakes in the video? Made by non-English speakers in China. Nobody but the CCP would make that video.

Clearly, they say 'us' in the video, referring to CCP/Mainland China.

Propaganda. Open your eyes. SERIOUSLY. It's made by the CCP.

I can't read the closing credits in the video, someone translate.
      03-21-2008, 11:51 AM   #33
Neurorad
Major

Chinese border guards killing fleeing Tibetans at the border (from 2006)

03-21-2008, 11:54 AM   #34
Neurorad
Major

The former editor of the People's Daily said in his article Turning Everybody into a Censor, "Based on my own experience and stories I witnessed and heard for 22 years working for the Chinese Communist Party, as well as my 45 years of living in China, I have come to one conclusion: there is no evil the Communist Party of China is not capable of. The limit is only in our imagination." He said that the Communist Party controls the media through controlling everybody. It controls everybody physically, spiritually, materially and mentally.
      03-21-2008, 12:13 PM   #35
Taittinger
Major

Garage List
2007 335i Cpe  [0.00]
Quote:
Just because people say it, doesn't make it the truth.
Yes that works both ways. Yes the government in China is not as open to dissent as others but that does not make it a bad government. Compare the situation in Tibet to the situation in the southern states that seceded from the US. Was the Federal government wrong to use force to reintegrate the South?

'07 Monaco Blue 335i ordered 9/4 built 9/21 shipped 9/28 arrived 10/12 at dealership 10/18 vroom 10/19 christened 11/3...
      03-21-2008, 12:14 PM   #36
Neurorad
Major

Found this post in response to a Time Asia puff piece:

On the contrary, mainland Chinese people have been educated since born to have a vision for their roles in Chinaís future, required to connect themselves with the Partyís survival and the Nationís pain and fate. People are urged to do the things they donít have to thoroughly understand as long as the country can benefit from what they do. It started happening three, or four generations ago, though things have changed a lot since 1979, it has been carried through the influence imperceptibly from generation to generation. It is certain of there are always more Chinese patriots on the web than American.

There is a giant team of CPP propaganda workers posting everywhere on the web. Don't doubt it for a second.
      03-21-2008, 12:16 PM   #37
Neurorad
Major

Quote:
Yes that works both ways. Yes the government in China is not as open to dissent as others but that does not make it a bad government. Compare the situation in Tibet to the situation in the southern states that seceded from the US. Was the Federal government wrong to use force to reintegrate the South?
Ridiculous comparison. The North was operating under the U.S. Constitution, not a totalitarian regime.

CCP is evil.
      03-21-2008, 12:18 PM   #38
Taittinger
Major

Garage List
2007 335i Cpe  [0.00]
Quote:
He said that the Communist Party controls the media through controlling everybody. It controls everybody physically, spiritually, materially and mentally.
I think you overstate the level of control; the Chinese are not living as automatons. There is control to be sure but is it necessarily wrong and for whom? Once again, do not transpose Western, US ideals onto another society. Much of China has a long history of Confucianism and acceptance of paternalism.

03-21-2008, 12:20 PM   #39
Taittinger
Major

Garage List
2007 335i Cpe  [0.00]
Quote:
Ridiculous comparison. The North was operating under the U.S. Constitution, not a totalitarian regime.

CCP is evil.
What is your agenda? How is that ridiculous? The Chinese government is also operating under a legally recognized government.

You need to study more. The South interpreted the North was violating the constitutional rights of its citizens. To the southerners the north was an authoritarian regime.

03-21-2008, 12:27 PM   #40
Neurorad
Major

Quote:

CCP is evil.
      03-21-2008, 12:32 PM   #41
borsalino
Private First Class

Drives: BMW e90 328i

I can't believe some people here are in support of the chinese government. I am guessing you all are chinese. You do all remember that china invaded tibet 50 years ago and since then have been trying to destory their culture.
      03-21-2008, 12:41 PM   #42
Taittinger
Major

Garage List
2007 335i Cpe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by borsalino View Post
I can't believe some people here are in support of the chinese government. I am guessing you all are chinese. You do all remember that china invaded tibet 50 years ago and since then have been trying to destory their culture.
No I think most are trying to emphasize there is a fine line between nation's internal matters and international matters, that right and wrong is not so clearly defined when measured against history.

03-21-2008, 01:01 PM   #43
Neurorad
Major

Quote:
No I think most are trying to emphasize there is a fine line between nation's internal matters and international matters, that right and wrong is not so clearly defined when measured against history.
Clearly, that video posted earlier was manufactured by the CCP, not a cool dude with Adobe Elements.

Let's not get off track - THE CCP IS EVERYWHERE, and they know how to make propaganda.

Tibetan people right, CCP wrong. CCP out of Tibet! INVADED 1959!

Killing and torture!
      03-21-2008, 01:01 PM   #44
Neurorad
Major

Here's a child the CCP 'disappeared':

Name:  Untitled-1.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  279.7 KB