BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

GetBMWParts

03-14-2008, 12:02 AM   #67
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2006 E90

My 6 year old told his friends at school that the devil doesn't exist.......

And they all said......."YES...HE DOES!"

My boy said........."Prove it......"

Not one kid said a word..........
      03-14-2008, 12:04 AM   #68
gum5h03
Galactic Emperor
Rep

Drives: Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdjafari View Post

My point is simple, religion IN MY OPINION is peoples way of controlling the masses in order to further develop oneself...at least politicians do some good by building roads, schools...
FWIW I agree about organized religion. Never once in the Bible did Jesus say "hey folks, organize a big bunch of people and call yourselves Christians. If people don't agree, squash them and stomp them out of existence." He said (and I"m paraphrasing) "love one another and love God". I know a lot of people who fake believing just to be accepted into one of these organizations.

The belief in God cannot come from other's opinions, it can only come from inside one's heart. It takes some serious soul searching and the belief that you are important and significant in this universe. Once you realize this you can appreciate that there just may be a higher power watching your back.

Man has corrupted the true meaning of belief and has drifted further and further away from the truth. That's why you have a bunch of atheists running around these days; because they were either brought up to hate religion, forced into religion or never truely explored their inner self to search for the truth. We have millions of people who would rather get their gospel from Biologists and Pysicists who quite frankly don't have a friggin clue what happened, how it all happened or why than from what has been staring them in their faces the whole time.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2008, 12:06 AM   #69
gum5h03
Galactic Emperor
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaTuReB0Y View Post

Next time he tells you he loves you tell him

"prove it..."
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2008, 12:08 AM   #70
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2006 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by gum5h03 View Post

"prove it..."
okay........i will.
      03-14-2008, 12:12 AM   #71
gum5h03
Galactic Emperor
Rep

Quote:
okay........i will.
That wasn't meant as sarcastic or mean, I was just demonstrating a point. How do you really know that he does? Does a kiss or hug prove it? I've kissed and hugged people I don't love before - I'm sure many have. And how many people have said "I love you" because it was expected of them or they wanted something (cough cough sex) in return? I'm sure a few have done that also.

Or... Is it just something you know in your heart and that you really truely can never prove?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2008, 12:13 AM   #72
pdjafari
Colonel
Rep

Drives: Axe Murderer with headlights

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90jason View Post
Just for the record since I'm the OP, I believe there is a God...I just can't prove God exists.
If you ever run into me you will have all the proof you need... your hair will turn white as salt, you will age about 40 years from my illumination upon thee, and return to the people w/ 10 MS Word documents, each w/ 1 'message' from me to my subjects. Unfortunately, when you return they will be busy worshiping idols . Did I mention you may run into a burning bush that talks?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2008, 12:38 AM   #73
ZuerstBMW
¡Viva España!
Spain
Rep

Drives: 14 SG F15

We will all find out the truth once we die, until then just enjoy what time you have left on earth.
14 F15 X5 3.5i M-Sport SG Terra, Fineline Oak, Driver Pkg, Prem. Pkg, H/K, Spare, 20" 469M Rims, Park Assist, Surround View, Shades MODS Performance Black Grille & Rocker Panel Decals, Painted Reflectors, 3M Bra, Black OEM X5 Frame
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2008, 08:56 AM   #74
dr335is
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: Some Mazda junk...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZuerstBMW View Post
We will all find out the truth once we die, until then just enjoy what time you have left on earth.
Great propaganda...we should be looking forward to our death?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2008, 10:27 AM   #75
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:

In the criminal case of O.J. Simpson murdering his wife, O.J. was found not guilty because the prosecution could not prove their case.

Just because it is not proven does not make it false.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2008, 10:42 AM   #76
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep

Drives: BMW 2009 M3

I cant prove god exists...but if he does....he sure has a fucked up sense of humor!!!

2009 Jet Black E92 M3, DCT, Nav, Novillo Leather, PDC, EDC, BBS CHR's 20", Yokohama Advan Sports Tires, Eiback Pro-Kit Springs, Dinan Pullies and Dinan Stage1 software, black grills, black side gills, alcantara shift and ebrake boot.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2008, 10:43 AM   #77
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep

Drives: BMW 2009 M3

Quote:

if he asked me to prove it...i would of slapped him up side the head and said:
"see....the devil made me do it"......
2009 Jet Black E92 M3, DCT, Nav, Novillo Leather, PDC, EDC, BBS CHR's 20", Yokohama Advan Sports Tires, Eiback Pro-Kit Springs, Dinan Pullies and Dinan Stage1 software, black grills, black side gills, alcantara shift and ebrake boot.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2008, 10:59 AM   #78
dr335is
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: Some Mazda junk...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
In the criminal case of O.J. Simpson murdering his wife, O.J. was found not guilty because the prosecution could not prove their case.

Just because it is not proven does not make it false.
Oh, Scotty, don't post crap like that...
Since prosecution could not prove it, that means that we can just speculate what happened, and does not mean it is true or false...
At this point you can believe what you wish...
We all know it happened, who did it is irrelevant now.

On the other hand, none of us trully knows if God exists (some of us want to believe that way for own confort, some of us look deeper into it...before believing), so bad comparison there...
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2008, 11:17 AM   #79
bartman32
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: e92 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdjafari View Post
keep my discrimations in check?? I discriminate against every and all religions. I am merely spewing my opinion, if you dont like it, skim over my posts

I am muslim (theres no such thing as 'Is an Islam...) so I know what I am talking about. Regardless, I discriminate the same against all religions and people who blindly follow them. Not just religion, people who follow any ideology or belief w/o knowing WHY don't deserve a place in this world, I'll let Darwins theories take care of that problem.

Religion is the same as politics, they both make an attempt at manipulating people towards there side, and in the end for self gain. Most if not all the major religious leaders are well off, much moreso than the general population. Same goes for politicians...except politicians dont FORCE their ways upon people (at least in a 'real' democracy)...

My point is simple, religion IN MY OPINION is peoples way of controlling the masses in order to further develop oneself...at least politicians do some good by building roads, schools...

Hey man... calm down. I agree with most of what you said. I was just hoping you were not insinuating (which now it seems you are not) that Muslim's only follow Islam because they lack money. Thanks for the clarification.
      03-14-2008, 12:30 PM   #80
pdjafari
Colonel
Rep

Drives: Axe Murderer with headlights

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartman32 View Post
Hey man... calm down. I agree with most of what you said. I was just hoping you were not insinuating (which now it seems you are not) that Muslim's only follow Islam because they lack money. Thanks for the clarification.
its cool bro, i still love u
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2008, 10:39 PM   #81
e90im
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: f30

Quote:

"prove it..."
Love is a human emotion. Claim that supernatural exist without evidence is delusion.

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2008, 12:52 AM   #82
ska///235i
***** noob
United_States
Rep

Drives: M235i

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
I can prove it.....there was this lady selling a toast on ebay...and the toast had God's image toasted on the bread

Beat that
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2008, 04:30 AM   #83
gum5h03
Galactic Emperor
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90im View Post
Love is a human emotion. Claim that supernatural exist without evidence is delusion.
You are being obtuse. Go take a philosophy or logic course then come back and argue.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2008, 10:32 PM   #84
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
Oh, Scotty, don't post crap like that...
Since prosecution could not prove it, that means that we can just speculate what happened, and does not mean it is true or false...
At this point you can believe what you wish...
We all know it happened, who did it is irrelevant now.

On the other hand, none of us trully knows if God exists (some of us want to believe that way for own confort, some of us look deeper into it...before believing), so bad comparison there...
I believe O.J. Simpson was the murderer and that he acted alone. I can't prove it. Those who saw the evidence in all it's detail were not convinced. But I believe he did it and and that is what I will believe no matter what you might write to me in this forum. You can ask me again and again to prove he did it.

The evidence was given to a jury of 12. That jury didn't believe. That doesn't mean that I need to see all the evidence that had already been given in order to believe. The jury was persuaded by the deception to cause them too much doubt. In other words, they believed the murderer.

Everyone believes in something. Even with all the evidence presented, it's difficult to get a consensus. At this point, to see all the evidence again is not necessary. You can line up on this side, or on that side. You are just on the other side.

So, you haven't seen enough evidence to call O.J. Simpson a murderer, and you haven't seen enough evidence to recognize that there is a God and that you can know him. You require more evidence than you have seen and I do not. I am happy to not be on your side.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2008, 10:56 PM   #85
TofuTurkey
Gobble gobbledygook
Rep

Drives: 08 335xi Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90jason View Post
Point me to the evidence, please.
General questions... what kind of evidence would be sufficient? Him appearing and doing miracles? How do you know if it's truly him? Why does he have the need to prove his existence to us?

If someone proves conclusively that he exists, how will that affect Mankind? Will people expect all their prayers to be answered? Can everyone's prayers be answered, and be happy?

Sorry, it's a bit late and my mind's all over the place
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2008, 11:20 PM   #86
RobindaE46
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: OLD ASS E46 + AW E92 335i

God made BMW for a reason. What a guy!!! (God is a man)
      03-16-2008, 12:07 PM   #87
e90im
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: f30

Quote:
You are being obtuse. Go take a philosophy or logic course then come back and argue.
You are obviously not familiar with logic. Your argument is a logical fallacy called "ad hominem". Go look it up, and respond with arguments instead of attacks.

And...
Attached Images

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2008, 02:02 PM   #88
gum5h03
Galactic Emperor
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90im View Post
You are obviously not familiar with logic. Your argument is a logical fallacy called "ad hominem". Go look it up, and respond with arguments instead of attacks.

And...
Ok Mr. Wiki wanna be, let's get something straight less some people think you might actually have taken a logic class.

I had no argument with him, I was illustrating that proving there is a god is much like proving you love someone. It simply cannot be done. Your interpretation of ad hominem is incorrect in this case, might want to go back to google and search again

Never once did I say that by disproving his statement I was proving there was a god did I ? By you saying that "Love is a human emotion. Claim that supernatural exist without evidence is delusion." you were being obtuse - I'm sure no one will argue that point.

Your straw man arguments hold no water with me. Better go brush up on you logic courses like I said.

Love is a human emotion yes, but prove that it is felt. Go ahead, I dare you. I grow tired of your rhetoric and your atheistic fallacious bantering. Until you can prove that God does NOT exisit with supporting evidence I advise you to zip your lips less they become red and puffy...
Appreciate 0