BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

03-07-2008, 07:56 PM   #1
munchen1

Drives: 2006 330i

aero kit for fugly M3 Sedan ?

I don't know why they made this crazy gaping hole under the car nose, the busy rear end lower bumper, and the hood vents... very ricerish.

simple question... is there an aero kit that can fix the lower air dam, remove the hood and get a nice rear lower spoiler? so that it is less of an affront to good taste. The M Aerodynamic kit on the e90 is gorgeous and properly teutonic.
munchen1 is offline   United_States
      03-07-2008, 08:16 PM   #2
Keto
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [5.00]
You realize one of the holes in the hood is functional, right?
Keto is offline   United_States
      03-07-2008, 08:25 PM   #3
FifthStreetz
O! So Sour!!

Drives: Fast e30 / Slow M3

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.75]
wow, you might as well just buy a plain jane RS4 or if you want more extreme, a C63.

And everything on the M is functional, front air dam-vent-rear diffuser. Which is basically the opposite of rice.
      03-07-2008, 11:46 PM   #4
skierman64
Brigadier General

Drives: 2008 E92 Space Gray M3 & E36M3

Garage List
1998 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2008 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to skierman64
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchen1 View Post
I don't know why they made this crazy gaping hole under the car nose, the busy rear end lower bumper, and the hood vents... very ricerish.

simple question... is there an aero kit that can fix the lower air dam, remove the hood and get a nice rear lower spoiler? so that it is less of an affront to good taste. The M Aerodynamic kit on the e90 is gorgeous and properly teutonic.
You could always buy the 335 body kit and have it installed. That way you would get all the M3 goodies but it would look like a 335. I don't agree with your assessment of the looks, but of course, it's all subjective. I'm sure there will be 335 owners that make their car look like M3s. All the cosmetic body work parts should be interchangable I would think.
      03-08-2008, 07:11 AM   #5
munchen1

Drives: 2006 330i

the lines in the lower air dam and rear spoiler are hideous. compare to the m aerodynamic package, which is gorgeous. fire bangle already, he's done enough mischief.

http://accessories.bmwusa.com/ItemVi...&productId=859

that looks good and less like an overstyled pontiac (where bangle is from). if you can fit the m aero package to this car-- or something that looks like it, all would be all set, but I don't think it will work. Who was nice front/rear air dam/skirts that look properly german?
munchen1 is offline   United_States
      03-08-2008, 08:16 AM   #6
Technic
Lieutenant General

Drives: 2012 E92 M3, 2014 528i

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:

There are cars that can fix the M3 looks, as everything that you want to change in the M3 looks/parts is functional.
Technic is offline   United_States
      03-08-2008, 08:18 AM   #7
Technic
Lieutenant General

Drives: 2012 E92 M3, 2014 528i

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by skierman64 View Post
You could always buy the 335 body kit and have it installed. That way you would get all the M3 goodies but it would look like a 335. I don't agree with your assessment of the looks, but of course, it's all subjective. I'm sure there will be 335 owners that make their car look like M3s. All the cosmetic body work parts should be interchangable I would think.
No... the front and rear fenders are wider in the M3 (surprise!), so no 3 Series bumpers will fit without custom bodywork.

The side skirts look to be the only interchangeable body parts between the M3 and respective 3 Series.
Technic is offline   United_States
      03-08-2008, 09:51 AM   #8
mkoesel

Drives: 2015 Felt IA2

Quote:

Nope. BMW is strictly prohibiting any cosmetic mods to the car.
      03-10-2008, 12:54 PM   #9
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics

Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others

Buy a 335 and change the engine!! probably easier!!