BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest
 
European Auto Source
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-05-2008, 01:21 AM   #23
mduval1988
Private First Class
 
mduval1988's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW Jet Black M3 Sedan
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Houston Texas

Posts: 152
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhutchins14 View Post
I spoke to BMW Clearlake today at about 10 am and they still hadn't received the car they were supposed to get last week. My sales associate said that there is some sort of hold up at the port but couldn't expound. So.....no new M's in south Houston
I will let ya know if Midtown has any incoming. I know my sedan should be in before the end of the month and your more than welcome to take a peek.
__________________
MDuVal1988
2008 M3 Sedan
Jet Black-Black Novillo Extended Leather, CL Trim
-Premium Package-Technology Package-19" Wheels
Yeah Bitch! That was a sedan that just passed you!
mduval1988 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2008, 09:06 AM   #24
ronnie dobbs
Private
 
ronnie dobbs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3 sedan
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Houston

Posts: 68
iTrader: (0)

My CA at BMW Clear Lake called me last week and said that they're selling their demo and he won't have one to drive. I haven't checked back with him since then but will do so today.

I called every other dealer in the surrounding Houston area yesterday (the other five) pretending to be interested in putting down a deposit and inquiring about a demo car. I got stories all across the board including:

-we are selling our demo if we have one
-the only way we'd have a demo is if someone backs out of a purchase
-launch isn't until late March or early April
-(and my personal favorite) we don't test drive M cars because people who buy them just know they want them

Houston dealers never cease to amaze me. I did leave my name with a few in hopes that maybe they are just clueless and will give me a call when they see the demo arrive. I'll report back after I call Clear Lake today.
ronnie dobbs is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2008, 10:24 AM   #25
mduval1988
Private First Class
 
mduval1988's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW Jet Black M3 Sedan
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Houston Texas

Posts: 152
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie dobbs View Post
My CA at BMW Clear Lake called me last week and said that they're selling their demo and he won't have one to drive. I haven't checked back with him since then but will do so today.

I called every other dealer in the surrounding Houston area yesterday (the other five) pretending to be interested in putting down a deposit and inquiring about a demo car. I got stories all across the board including:

-we are selling our demo if we have one
-the only way we'd have a demo is if someone backs out of a purchase
-launch isn't until late March or early April
-(and my personal favorite) we don't test drive M cars because people who buy them just know they want them

Houston dealers never cease to amaze me. I did leave my name with a few in hopes that maybe they are just clueless and will give me a call when they see the demo arrive. I'll report back after I call Clear Lake today.
I will bet it was Momentum gave you your personal favorite.... A friend of mine had purchased two M3s in the past from Momentum and when he went to buy the third they would not even let him sit in the car that was available for sale. He explained he did not come to the dealership to just look and that he was ready to buy the car but wanted to test drive the car before he wrote the check. Momentum told him no and he in turn left went straight to Advantage and bought the car that day.
__________________
MDuVal1988
2008 M3 Sedan
Jet Black-Black Novillo Extended Leather, CL Trim
-Premium Package-Technology Package-19" Wheels
Yeah Bitch! That was a sedan that just passed you!
mduval1988 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2008, 11:09 AM   #26
gasman
Member
 
gasman's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 RR Sport SC, 08 AW/FR M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Antonio, TX

Posts: 505
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA_M3E92 View Post
Here in San Antonio, The BMW Center will have a Demo By Friday. And maybe mine will be ready by Saturday. I saw their Inventory report today and they have a Melborne Red coupe(DEMO)coming in this week. Both cars were released to the carrier's today 3-4-08.
Excellent...I know where I'll be on Friday!!!
__________________
gasman is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2008, 11:56 AM   #27
JR///M3
Private
 
JR///M3's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 M3 SSII, 07 M6 SS, 11 X5 SG
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: San Antonio, Tx

Posts: 70
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mduval1988 View Post
I will check Advantage Midtown and get the skinny there. My guess is that if Momentum has one you will be lucky to get within 25 feet of it. Not to be harsh on Momentum but they really don't get it when it comes to customer friendliness. SA do you think the BMW Center will let you do a hands on?
I don't know, But the what GM told me is that this demo was going to be only for viewing no test drives. But after as many M Cars that I have bought from them in the last 5-6 years they better let me drive it if mine is not ready.
__________________
SSII / Black/Silver Novillo Leather - Tune & GTS DCT Tune * AE Exhaust * Carbon Leather Trim * AA Pulley Kit * Premium Pack 2 * ZCP * Technology Package * Enhanced Audio * Heated Seats *PDC * IPOD * SAT * HD Radio * 19" ZCP Wheels *
JR///M3 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2008, 12:45 PM   #28
Mack211
Lieutenant
 
Mack211's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3 - DCT
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Fort Collins, CO

Posts: 493
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mduval1988 View Post
I will bet it was Momentum gave you your personal favorite.... A friend of mine had purchased two M3s in the past from Momentum and when he went to buy the third they would not even let him sit in the car that was available for sale. He explained he did not come to the dealership to just look and that he was ready to buy the car but wanted to test drive the car before he wrote the check. Momentum told him no and he in turn left went straight to Advantage and bought the car that day.
God, I hate momentum. They used to be good like 6-7 years ago. My family and I had bought 5 BMWs from them over the years. Even with our loyalty they treated us like shit. The service center is horrible forget ever getting out of there without them trying to steal a couple grand in some B.S. "problem"!! Needless to say we have switched dealerships now.
__________________
2008 M3 Space Gray, Black, Syc Ant Wood Trim, DCT
2001 325ci Steel Gray - Sold
Mack211 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2008, 12:57 PM   #29
domer86
Trouble Maker
 
domer86's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 203
iTrader: (0)

Haha. Momentum by far has the worst rep out there. Who do they think they are. A friend of mine purchased an M6 and when it got to the states they gave it to some other guy who liked the options and was willing to pay over MSRP. UNREAL
__________________
2008 E92 M3
-Apline White-Fox Novillo Extended Leather, CL Trim
-Premium Package-Technology Package-CW Package
-M Audio with Enhanced Bass-I-pod/USB adapter
-19" Wheels-Rear Sunshade
domer86 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2008, 02:24 PM   #30
mduval1988
Private First Class
 
mduval1988's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW Jet Black M3 Sedan
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Houston Texas

Posts: 152
iTrader: (0)

Domer are you on a boat yet? If so what is it's name... answer your PMs!! lol
__________________
MDuVal1988
2008 M3 Sedan
Jet Black-Black Novillo Extended Leather, CL Trim
-Premium Package-Technology Package-19" Wheels
Yeah Bitch! That was a sedan that just passed you!
mduval1988 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2008, 04:17 PM   #31
mhutchins14
First Lieutenant
 
mhutchins14's Avatar
 
Drives: Jet Black w/Beige 2008 e92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Houston, TX, United States

Posts: 379
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mduval1988 View Post
Domer are you on a boat yet? If so what is it's name... answer your PMs!! lol

Mine is awaiting transport...how do you find out which boat it is on?
__________________
HUTCH
2008 BMW e92 M3, Jet Black w/Bamboo 6sp M
2012 Aston Martin V12 Vantage Tungsten w/Chestnut
mhutchins14 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2008, 06:34 PM   #32
domer86
Trouble Maker
 
domer86's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 203
iTrader: (0)

Hutchins, go to the http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43692 so that you can track it.
__________________
2008 E92 M3
-Apline White-Fox Novillo Extended Leather, CL Trim
-Premium Package-Technology Package-CW Package
-M Audio with Enhanced Bass-I-pod/USB adapter
-19" Wheels-Rear Sunshade
domer86 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2008, 06:34 PM   #33
mduval1988
Private First Class
 
mduval1988's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW Jet Black M3 Sedan
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Houston Texas

Posts: 152
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhutchins14 View Post
Mine is awaiting transport...how do you find out which boat it is on?
When it actually gets on a boat your CA will know the ship line and boat name. I was impatient and started to look at the ship schedules for Wallenius Wilhelmsen who traditionally BMW uses to get the cars to Charleston. The Wilhelmsen site actually allows you to enter your VIN to see if your car is on one of its boats. I unfortunately was thrown a curve ball and put on K-Line's Emden which actually is a faster boat but I cannot enter my VIN# nor track the boat very easy. My guess is that from looking at the schedule you may make "Courage" a Wilhelmsen boat that leaves tomorrow if your car is at the dock now.
__________________
MDuVal1988
2008 M3 Sedan
Jet Black-Black Novillo Extended Leather, CL Trim
-Premium Package-Technology Package-19" Wheels
Yeah Bitch! That was a sedan that just passed you!
mduval1988 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2008, 12:06 AM   #34
///MArdor
Private First Class
 
///MArdor's Avatar
 
Drives: Jet Black E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dallas, Texas

Posts: 147
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mduval1988 View Post
When it actually gets on a boat your CA will know the ship line and boat name. I was impatient and started to look at the ship schedules for Wallenius Wilhelmsen who traditionally BMW uses to get the cars to Charleston. The Wilhelmsen site actually allows you to enter your VIN to see if your car is on one of its boats. I unfortunately was thrown a curve ball and put on K-Line's Emden which actually is a faster boat but I cannot enter my VIN# nor track the boat very easy. My guess is that from looking at the schedule you may make "Courage" a Wilhelmsen boat that leaves tomorrow if your car is at the dock now.
I can't enter my VIN either and my dealer said my boat is due on the 10th. When is your boat supposed to arrive at Charleston?
///MArdor is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2008, 12:14 AM   #35
domer86
Trouble Maker
 
domer86's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 203
iTrader: (0)

Mardor,

Once your boat leaves port it will let you enter your VIN so you can track it. It will let you track it from port to port and is typically accurate. Hope that helps. Mine is scheduled to arrive the 11th and Mduval's on the 15th. SOON Baby SOON
__________________
2008 E92 M3
-Apline White-Fox Novillo Extended Leather, CL Trim
-Premium Package-Technology Package-CW Package
-M Audio with Enhanced Bass-I-pod/USB adapter
-19" Wheels-Rear Sunshade
domer86 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2008, 09:52 AM   #36
mhutchins14
First Lieutenant
 
mhutchins14's Avatar
 
Drives: Jet Black w/Beige 2008 e92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Houston, TX, United States

Posts: 379
iTrader: (0)

Thanks for all the info on tracking the car. I spoke to my dealer yesterday and was informed that they are now supposed to get TWO demos next week that we can drive. A coupe and a sedan. I think I'm going to take a few days off from bugging them. Don't want to wear out my welcome.
__________________
HUTCH
2008 BMW e92 M3, Jet Black w/Bamboo 6sp M
2012 Aston Martin V12 Vantage Tungsten w/Chestnut
mhutchins14 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2008, 09:56 AM   #37
mhutchins14
First Lieutenant
 
mhutchins14's Avatar
 
Drives: Jet Black w/Beige 2008 e92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Houston, TX, United States

Posts: 379
iTrader: (0)

One more question on the shipping....Do cars that are destined for Texas get shipped to the port in Houston or are they dropped off somewhere on the East Coast and then transported to Texas on a truck?
__________________
HUTCH
2008 BMW e92 M3, Jet Black w/Bamboo 6sp M
2012 Aston Martin V12 Vantage Tungsten w/Chestnut
mhutchins14 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2008, 10:51 AM   #38
gasman
Member
 
gasman's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 RR Sport SC, 08 AW/FR M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Antonio, TX

Posts: 505
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhutchins14 View Post
One more question on the shipping....Do cars that are destined for Texas get shipped to the port in Houston or are they dropped off somewhere on the East Coast and then transported to Texas on a truck?
They go through Charleston from my understanding!
__________________
gasman is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2008, 10:55 AM   #39
Mack211
Lieutenant
 
Mack211's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3 - DCT
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Fort Collins, CO

Posts: 493
iTrader: (0)

So.... any news on any Texas dealerships receiving customer or demo M3s yet? I know East and West Coasts are getting theirs. Trucks just haven't made it to the center yet?
__________________
2008 M3 Space Gray, Black, Syc Ant Wood Trim, DCT
2001 325ci Steel Gray - Sold
Mack211 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2008, 11:54 AM   #40
domer86
Trouble Maker
 
domer86's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 203
iTrader: (0)

Doesn't seem like it yet on the demos but it has to be sometime soon...
__________________
2008 E92 M3
-Apline White-Fox Novillo Extended Leather, CL Trim
-Premium Package-Technology Package-CW Package
-M Audio with Enhanced Bass-I-pod/USB adapter
-19" Wheels-Rear Sunshade
domer86 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2008, 02:38 PM   #41
Mack211
Lieutenant
 
Mack211's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3 - DCT
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Fort Collins, CO

Posts: 493
iTrader: (0)

I just got an email from my CA here in Dallas.

"the first M3 did roll off the truck a couple minutes ago."

I will try to go by today or tomorrow and snap a few photos. I will post more info as I get it.

This was at Classic BMW.
__________________
2008 M3 Space Gray, Black, Syc Ant Wood Trim, DCT
2001 325ci Steel Gray - Sold
Mack211 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2008, 03:24 PM   #42
mduval1988
Private First Class
 
mduval1988's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW Jet Black M3 Sedan
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Houston Texas

Posts: 152
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack211 View Post
I just got an email from my CA here in Dallas.

"the first M3 did roll off the truck a couple minutes ago."

I will try to go by today or tomorrow and snap a few photos. I will post more info as I get it.

This was at Classic BMW.
Why are you typing and not driving!! lol now get your ass over there and get us some pics!
__________________
MDuVal1988
2008 M3 Sedan
Jet Black-Black Novillo Extended Leather, CL Trim
-Premium Package-Technology Package-19" Wheels
Yeah Bitch! That was a sedan that just passed you!
mduval1988 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2008, 04:16 PM   #43
gasman
Member
 
gasman's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 RR Sport SC, 08 AW/FR M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Antonio, TX

Posts: 505
iTrader: (0)

BMW Woodlands in Houston just received their M3 sedan.....now one of you Houstonians get your ass on the road and get us some pics. I"m gonna call up SA and see if they got theirs.

EDIT: SA's cars left VPC today and are due in on Sat...Sun the latest.
__________________

Last edited by gasman; 03-06-2008 at 04:34 PM.
gasman is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2008, 04:44 PM   #44
mduval1988
Private First Class
 
mduval1988's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW Jet Black M3 Sedan
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Houston Texas

Posts: 152
iTrader: (0)

Advantage Midtown is unloading a sedan as well... Ricardo just called. Charging the HD Vid Cam now...

PS. Domer they also told me you could look but not touch... they were afraid you might get too excited and hurt yourself.


Matt
__________________
MDuVal1988
2008 M3 Sedan
Jet Black-Black Novillo Extended Leather, CL Trim
-Premium Package-Technology Package-19" Wheels
Yeah Bitch! That was a sedan that just passed you!
mduval1988 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:20 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST