BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
GTB Performance
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-14-2008, 07:39 PM   #45
Leonidas
Enlisted Member
Mexico
7

 
Leonidas's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: MX


Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

Count me in too as I ordered on Feb, my M-DCT is scheduled for July!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2008, 12:37 AM   #46
GTR-M3
Private First Class
United_States
10

 
GTR-M3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Bmw M3 V8 M-DCT
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Francisco, CA


Posts: 119
iTrader: (0)

Count me in as well, i'm getting my M-DCT hopefully in June for my birthday...
__________________

***NO GUTS, NO GLORY! ///M3 TUNER***
***PASSION DOES NOT COMPROMISE***
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2008, 02:41 PM   #47
T Bone
Brigadier General
269

 
T Bone's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The land where we kill baby seals


Posts: 4,021
iTrader: (0)

Footie, here is my knob

Footie, can you please see if you can work with this? The pics are not ideal.

But there are photos with the car off, in neutral, reverse and 1st gear.

Attached Images
     
__________________
"Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines"......Enzo Ferrari
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2008, 10:13 AM   #48
JEllis
Brigadier General
134

 
JEllis's Avatar
 
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: SD CA/Yuma


Posts: 4,740
iTrader: (4)

Im in....June allocation...

Jason
__________________
http://www.m3post.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic14547_7.gif
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2008, 11:53 AM   #49
Bennu
Colonel
United_States
46

 
Bennu's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West Palm Beach


Posts: 2,247
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEllis View Post
Im in....June allocation...

Jason
Welcome to all
__________________
------------------------------------------------
Lack of money is not the problem. It is merely a symptom of what's going on inside of you! - T Harv Eker

Appreciate 0
      03-18-2008, 03:34 PM   #50
m3pilot
Enlisted Member
United_States
3

 
m3pilot's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E92 DCT
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Baltimore, Md


Posts: 46
iTrader: (0)

I'm in! Never thought I'd give up double clutching. Can't say that I'll miss though!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2008, 03:43 PM   #51
Nucking Futs!
Major
United_States
36

 
Nucking Futs!'s Avatar
 
Drives: nucking futs!
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: All over Dallas!


Posts: 1,403
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
Phat, more Club M-DCT members!
__________________
- Jimmy
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2008, 04:32 PM   #52
ChrisFastM3
Captain
50

 
ChrisFastM3's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 vert w/ LOTS of mods
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Miami, FL


Posts: 676
iTrader: (0)

^^^^^^^^

woot woot

If SMGII sales of the E46 are any conception of E92 DSG sales, this is gonna be one HUGE thread.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 01:27 PM   #53
spark146
Private
4

 
Drives: 2008 E93 M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NYC


Posts: 61
iTrader: (0)

Below is the first M-DCT driving impression I have seen (quoted from a Rennteam.com post). It seems as if DCT is indeed going to live up to the hype:

"Had a chance to drive shortly (45mins) M3 Coupe with M-DKG (press car with M plates). In short-awsome! Best buy all-over... IMHO all sequential manuals a la F1, e-Gear or R-Tronic will be history in less then two years. YES, M-DKG is that good IMO. Blistering fast in gearchanges, smooth enough at the same time, no stupid need for throttle modulation as on sequential manual... Fantastic... For me new M3 only with M-DKG. I am so impressed that I will order one...
One last thing-M3 with M-DKG is faster then R8 with R-Tronic. In fact belive it or not above 200km/h a lot faster."

It then goes on...

"BUT, current SOTA is M3 with M-DKG. Unbelivable how good it is! If PDK will be that good I will think about 997 series again...
M3 with M-DKG has more traction then manual version, accelerates better in all conditions, upshifts are REALLY without any power lost and downshifts are rev matched with nice throttle bips(smaller or bigger depending on selected shift speed, for example best programm for everyday use is S4 in manual mode with full DSC on and suspension in Confort). Even full auto D mode works excellent...
In short-I am floored with it!"

All I can say: Glad mine's already on order!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 02:06 PM   #54
Ant397
United Kingdom
20

 
Ant397's Avatar
 
Drives: X5 4.8is, Lambo Gallardo
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Manchester, UK.


Posts: 408
iTrader: (0)

Makes me smile just thinking of it!

I knew i'd made the right choice in waiting for DCT!

Saw an Alpine white E92 M3 today, I think the Alpine white E90 when I get it in June will look the dogs!

ant.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 02:07 PM   #55
DonM3
Captain
United Kingdom
6

 
Drives: AW e92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: London


Posts: 629
iTrader: (1)

Phat mini reveiw. Thanks spark146
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 02:24 PM   #56
Bennu
Colonel
United_States
46

 
Bennu's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West Palm Beach


Posts: 2,247
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by spark146 View Post
Below is the first M-DCT driving impression I have seen (quoted from a Rennteam.com post). It seems as if DCT is indeed going to live up to the hype:

"Had a chance to drive shortly (45mins) M3 Coupe with M-DKG (press car with M plates). In short-awsome! Best buy all-over... IMHO all sequential manuals a la F1, e-Gear or R-Tronic will be history in less then two years. YES, M-DKG is that good IMO. Blistering fast in gearchanges, smooth enough at the same time, no stupid need for throttle modulation as on sequential manual... Fantastic... For me new M3 only with M-DKG. I am so impressed that I will order one...
One last thing-M3 with M-DKG is faster then R8 with R-Tronic. In fact belive it or not above 200km/h a lot faster."

It then goes on...

"BUT, current SOTA is M3 with M-DKG. Unbelivable how good it is! If PDK will be that good I will think about 997 series again...
M3 with M-DKG has more traction then manual version, accelerates better in all conditions, upshifts are REALLY without any power lost and downshifts are rev matched with nice throttle bips(smaller or bigger depending on selected shift speed, for example best programm for everyday use is S4 in manual mode with full DSC on and suspension in Confort). Even full auto D mode works excellent...
In short-I am floored with it!"

All I can say: Glad mine's already on order!
Wow nice review. Thanks for sharing this is exciting.
__________________
------------------------------------------------
Lack of money is not the problem. It is merely a symptom of what's going on inside of you! - T Harv Eker

Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 02:32 PM   #57
footie
Major General
No_Country
219

 
footie's Avatar
 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT


Posts: 7,507
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
As I said previously, DCT is so much better than SMG in every way. Note the comment 'Even full auto D mode works excellent...', this is why I haven't went for DCT, I know I will end up leaving it in D-mode almost all of the time which is something I just don't want from my M3.

But by all means go for the DCT gearbox it will be amazing.

Last edited by footie; 03-20-2008 at 05:57 PM.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 04:09 PM   #58
DonM3
Captain
United Kingdom
6

 
Drives: AW e92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: London


Posts: 629
iTrader: (1)

Should'nt that mini review deserve its own thread considering the lack of M-DCT reviews?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 04:13 PM   #59
WCH
Major
United_States
26

 
WCH's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 F10 M5 SG
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston


Posts: 1,190
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Awesome news!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2008, 02:24 AM   #60
gorun
Lieutenant
30

 
gorun's Avatar
 
Drives: W166 ML63 PP
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where the roads are crap...


Posts: 516
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spark146 View Post
Below is the first M-DCT driving impression I have seen (quoted from a Rennteam.com post). It seems as if DCT is indeed going to live up to the hype:

"
One last thing-M3 with M-DKG is faster then R8 with R-Tronic. In fact belive it or not above 200km/h a lot faster."
And so it should be the R-tronic in the R8 is a regular torque converter auto. Good job BMW!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2008, 06:12 AM   #61
footie
Major General
No_Country
219

 
footie's Avatar
 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT


Posts: 7,507
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by spark146 View Post
One last thing-M3 with M-DKG is faster then R8 with R-Tronic. In fact belive it or not above 200km/h a lot faster."
This might be short lived, Audi are about to launch their own 7speed S-Tronic (Dual clutch transmission) for the A4/5 models, but it's only a matter of time before the R8 gets it too.

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2008, 07:12 AM   #62
gorun
Lieutenant
30

 
gorun's Avatar
 
Drives: W166 ML63 PP
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where the roads are crap...


Posts: 516
iTrader: (0)

They have announced it for the VW scirocco but it can take very little torque. Scirocco will only have it on the 160hp version cause it cant take the torque of the 200hp.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2008, 10:28 AM   #63
footie
Major General
No_Country
219

 
footie's Avatar
 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT


Posts: 7,507
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorun View Post
They have announced it for the VW scirocco but it can take very little torque. Scirocco will only have it on the 160hp version cause it cant take the torque of the 200hp.
Totally different gearbox, the VW DSG7sp is transverse while the one I am talking about is for the new MLP platform which Audi has adopted for it's future cars.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2008, 01:54 PM   #64
reinaldo335
First Lieutenant
Puerto Rico
18

 
reinaldo335's Avatar
 
Drives: m3 ZCP 6MT, on order 09 m3 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: puerto rico


Posts: 351
iTrader: (0)

i'm in too

just ordered interlagos blue, gray interior, aluminum trim, mdct, technology, premium pkg, prem sound, ipos& usb, rear shades, park distance. should i change it to extended leather? i got until monday. july delivery, should i make changes?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2008, 02:10 AM   #65
gorun
Lieutenant
30

 
gorun's Avatar
 
Drives: W166 ML63 PP
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where the roads are crap...


Posts: 516
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
Totally different gearbox, the VW DSG7sp is transverse while the one I am talking about is for the new MLP platform which Audi has adopted for it's future cars.
how much torque does it take?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2008, 06:32 AM   #66
footie
Major General
No_Country
219

 
footie's Avatar
 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT


Posts: 7,507
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorun View Post
how much torque does it take?
The info is 550Nm according to Worldcarfans.com
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:46 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST