BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
European Auto Source
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-01-2008, 11:55 PM   #1
W12x
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2004 E53 X5, 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Houston

Posts: 430
iTrader: (0)

Few question about ordering....(might sound stupid lol)

Hi everyone, I'm new on the forum and my previous cars were bought from the dealer, so this will be the first time ordering a car with exactly what I want(got the X5 without the premium sound that I really wanted)...here's a few questions that I want to ask...they might sound stupid but, I'm a noob here,lol....
1. I'm a little conservative on buying a 1st year production model, so does anyone know when will M3 go into the 2nd production year, or have all the 1st year issues fixed? or, does the 1st year model have that much issues need to be fixed?
2. if I want to order a car with a production date around Nov or Dec 2008, when should I place the order? is it too early now?
3. what are something that I should be very careful about when dealing with the dealer?
4. Any good dealer recommendations in the Houston area?
thanks guys.... hope these questions aren't too stupid...lol
W12x is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2008, 12:20 AM   #2
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
 
Drives: 2015 M4 Coupe, 2012 ML350
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lake Oswego, OR

Posts: 7,563
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by W12x View Post
Hi everyone, I'm new on the forum and my previous cars were bought from the dealer, so this will be the first time ordering a car with exactly what I want(got the X5 without the premium sound that I really wanted)...here's a few questions that I want to ask...they might sound stupid but, I'm a noob here,lol....
1. I'm a little conservative on buying a 1st year production model, so does anyone know when will M3 go into the 2nd production year, or have all the 1st year issues fixed? or, does the 1st year model have that much issues need to be fixed?
No issues of note yet, and they've been in production for the rest of the world for 6 months or so. There have been a couple fuel pump fault errors, but no trends. My first year E46 M3 has been rock solid; the second year ones had more porblems with rod bearings. Supplier issues can happen at any time. 2009s can be ordered about August or so, and will be go into production September or October.

Quote:
2. if I want to order a car with a production date around Nov or Dec 2008, when should I place the order? is it too early now?
Put a refundable deposit ($500 or $1,000) down with a dealer to get on a pre-order list, just to be sure. Alternatively, you can play it loose and try to bargain for under MSP closer to your order date. This may be easier with a sedan than a coupe. The dealer can't place an actual order until he has an "allocation" from BMW AG. Then the process takes about 6 weeks until your car is built, and 4-6 weeks to reach your dealer (depending on where you are in the country).

Quote:
3. what are something that I should be very careful about when dealing with the dealer?
Make sure when you put your deposit down you get an agreement that the sales price will not exceed MSRP, and that it is refundable if you change your mind.

Quote:
4. Any good dealer recommendations in the Houston area?
thanks guys.... hope these questions aren't too stupid...lol
I'll let some locals deal with the last one.
__________________

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2015 M4 Coupe - Silverstone/Sakhir/CF
2012 ML350
GregW / Oregon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2008, 12:21 AM   #3
FifthStreetz
O! So Sour!!
 
FifthStreetz's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast e30 / Slow M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

Posts: 15,539
iTrader: (24)

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.75]
1. Order in August for a sept build for a 2009 model.
2. Place the order ASAP, never too early.
3. That you dont pay over MSRP which is 57,275 for coupe and 54,575 for sedan (destination included)
4. Dont know about Houston area, best bet is to try the regional forum.

Good luck.
__________________
FifthStreetz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2008, 12:21 AM   #4
FifthStreetz
O! So Sour!!
 
FifthStreetz's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast e30 / Slow M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

Posts: 15,539
iTrader: (24)

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.75]
Lol beat me to it Greg...
__________________
FifthStreetz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2008, 01:30 AM   #5
skierman64
Brigadier General
 
skierman64's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 Space Gray M3 & E36M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Greater St Louis Metro area

Posts: 3,068
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
1998 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2008 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to skierman64
Good questions and good answers: I'll add that I bought a first year '97 Ford Expedition, which I still own 11 years later. Haven't had any first year teething problems at all. And like Greg, my dad has a first year 2001 E46 M3 with SMG and hasn't had any problems at all.

I beleive my M3 was built on the very first day of DCT production, I'm not even concerned.
__________________
Get a professional motorsports full featured stopwatch app for your Blackberry here: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/19464
Invest Wisely...The best mod for your money?? BMWCCA high performance driver's school. The mod that lasts a lifetime and improves the performance of any car you drive
skierman64 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2008, 01:33 AM   #6
domer86
Trouble Maker
 
domer86's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 203
iTrader: (0)

W12X i would highly suggest going through Advantage BMW on San Jacinto (downtown)...I have been dealing with Ken and he has been fabulous. If you have any other questions regarding them PM and I can help you out.

Andrew
__________________
2008 E92 M3
-Apline White-Fox Novillo Extended Leather, CL Trim
-Premium Package-Technology Package-CW Package
-M Audio with Enhanced Bass-I-pod/USB adapter
-19" Wheels-Rear Sunshade
domer86 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2008, 01:35 AM   #7
W12x
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2004 E53 X5, 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Houston

Posts: 430
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skierman64 View Post
Good questions and good answers: I'll add that I bought a first year '97 Ford Expedition, which I still own 11 years later. Haven't had any first year teething problems at all. And like Greg, my dad has a first year 2001 E46 M3 with SMG and hasn't had any problems at all.

I beleive my M3 was built on the very first day of DCT production, I'm not even concerned.
Congrats! and thanks for the answers everyone
probably just worried too much, lol
W12x is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:48 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST