BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

View Poll Results: Is it OK with God if I piss my money away on a BMW?
YES 23 71.88%
NO 9 28.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

02-26-2008, 03:18 PM   #1
e90im
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: f30

Is it OK with God if I piss my money away on a BMW

and not use it to help mankind?"

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2008, 04:58 PM   #2
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep

Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Are you overwhelmed with a singled-minded desire and obsession to get a BMW, or are you able to help a local charity and get a nice car? Just like with many things, moderation is in order.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2008, 05:27 PM   #3
e90im
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Are you overwhelmed with a singled-minded desire and obsession to get a BMW, or are you able to help a local charity and get a nice car? Just like with many things, moderation is in order.
Uncle, it's a spinoff from another thread. Relax....

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121453

Appreciate 0
      02-26-2008, 05:51 PM   #4
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

It was a serious, relaxed answer though, I did read the other thread.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2008, 05:53 PM   #5
3onDubs
You live by the sword...
Rep

Drives: 2014 F30 328i

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Hold on...let me check........

....yeah, he said, "Yeah, It's cool bro..."
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2008, 05:54 PM   #6
ChineseGuy
QuickShifter
Rep

Drives: Black E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3onDubs View Post
Hold on...let me check........

....yeah, he said, "Yeah, It's cool bro..."
LIAR
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2008, 05:55 PM   #7
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      02-26-2008, 05:55 PM   #8
3onDubs
You live by the sword...
Rep

Drives: 2014 F30 328i

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChineseGuy View Post
LIAR
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2008, 12:19 PM   #9
Carolyn0944
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: 08 335i cv blk sapph/saddle

Send a message via AIM to Carolyn0944
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90im View Post
and not use it to help mankind?"
Jesus himself would probably not own a car of any kind; does he mind if we do - no - as long as we are doing what he instructs us to do; if we are tithing our 10% to his church & giving of ourselves to His service, He is happy when His people do well for themselves. But (and I'll use another Bible quote) He tells us "It is easier for a wealthy man to go through the eye of a camel than to enter into the kingdom of Heaven - reason being that people of wealth like to "run" their own life without any thought of Him; make their own decisions, live in the world doing things that are not right with Him and never seeking His guidance. He is far more concerned with the words that flow from your lips than He is what kind of vehicle you drive or home that you own. Why do people who do not believe in Christ feel somehow that He wants His people to live a less than comfortable life or have what is good on this earth? That's what He gives us a free will for, separated from animals. We just need to know how to use it in a way that glorifies Him.
      02-28-2008, 12:35 AM   #10
e90im
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

^^^

Paragraphs, please…

Could you please provide written guidance on 10%? Bible quote about 10%?

"It is easier for a wealthy man to go through the eye of a camel than to enter into the kingdom of Heaven “

1. Is a person that owns a BMW considered wealthy compared to Jesus that rode a donkey?

Search online. Christians are starving around the globe and you give only 10%. Hypocrisy!!!

2. JC clearly said that it will be easier for a wealthy man to go through the eye of a camel than to enter into the kingdom of Heaven!!! If you own a BMW, you are by world standards “very wealthy”.

You drive a BMW vert and Christian kids are starving all over the world. Your excuse is 10%??

3. How do you justify giving 10% to the organized non-tax paying business a moral advantage that buys you a ticket to heaven?

I think you’ll be riding with the beast in the back seat of your cabrio

4. You are by far the most fundamental religious freak I’ve came across.

Appreciate 0
      02-28-2008, 01:02 AM   #11
e92phreak
General
United_States
Rep

Drives: E92 335i TiAg/E46 323i TiAg

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [4.50]
2000 E46 323i  [0.00]
Take the Crown Financial Ministry class. It will guide you on your spending. I must of failed that class. :
07 E92 335i | TiAg | Step | Padl | Cmft | Alum Trm | PDC | Nav | Assist | Sat | Lthr | Prem | Sprt | Rear Splr | RDSport Quads | iPod | V1 | LT Refl | VS Clear Bra | OEM Lip | KWV2 | Mtec Sides | BBS LM-R
00 E46 323i | TiAg | 5sp | Sport | Roof | RDSport Cams | RDSport tune | RDSport Shift | Volk LE37 | M3 spoiler | PSS9 | SuperSprint | Brembo
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2008, 02:27 AM   #12
Carolyn0944
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: 08 335i cv blk sapph/saddle

Send a message via AIM to Carolyn0944
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90im View Post
^^^

Paragraphs, please…

Could you please provide written guidance on 10%? Bible quote about 10%?

"It is easier for a wealthy man to go through the eye of a camel than to enter into the kingdom of Heaven “

1. Is a person that owns a BMW considered wealthy compared to Jesus that rode a donkey?

Search online. Christians are starving around the globe and you give only 10%. Hypocrisy!!!

2. JC clearly said that it will be easier for a wealthy man to go through the eye of a camel than to enter into the kingdom of Heaven!!! If you own a BMW, you are by world standards “very wealthy”.

You drive a BMW vert and Christian kids are starving all over the world. Your excuse is 10%??

3. How do you justify giving 10% to the organized non-tax paying business a moral advantage that buys you a ticket to heaven?

I think you’ll be riding with the beast in the back seat of your cabrio

4. You are by far the most fundamental religious freak I’ve came across.
1. Many people that own more exp cars are either comfortable in their means or usually hv more than the ordinary person; not always, they're just in debt to their eyeballs; however you desire to see it;

Therefore, most people that are comfortable in their surroundings seem to want to control their fate & do not feel they need to depend on the Lord. They do not think they need to be faithful to God. What a mistake.

Thus, the Bible verse about the camel & wealthy people. People of means do not tend to follow Christ and worship Him as much as average people. I'm not talking necessarily about BMW owners, I'm talking in general.
2. We give and/or donate much more than 10% of our net income to our membership church, along with many other charities, plus our time. We are only two people; we cannot feed the world ourselves, only help in doing so.

Yes, there are children starving (as well as adults) all over the world; some of this due to neglect on parents parts or ignorance in having children they can't feed; some is strictly where they are born.

3. 10% of my earnings does NOT get me to heaven; nothing I can ever do or accomplish on this earth will "get me to heaven." The only thing that gets me to heaven is believing on the name of Jesus, accepting Him as the son of God, born to take away my sin, dying and being resurrected on the third day.
When I accepted this fact and asked Him thru prayer to forgive me of my sins and recognized what He did for me; that gave me my entry into heaven; not good works of any kind.

You are sadly mistaken my friend, I will not ever ride with the "beast" and I pray that you will think about Him. I honestly believe that people like yourself who consistently raise questions concerning God and Christ are seeking answers and desire to know Him but have an ego problem with "living for yourself with noone to answer to."

There are many, many scriptures advising on "tithing" which means 10%..It starts in Genesis with tithing 10% portion of grain and goes on through Luke. It is the most mentioned item in the Bible, giving, over 800 times.

And yes I am a fundamentalist when it comes to Christ. He tells me in His word that I cannot straddle the fence. You are either for Me or against Me; if I am lukewarm, He will spew me out of His mouth; which just means that He doesn't want a part of me but all of me. I am not ashamed of Him and He has blessed me and my family beyond anything I could have ever imagined.

I might ask you as a non-believer; how much do you give or donate for the starving and dying people around the world. What organizations are you passionate about that helps world poverty or even US poverty. But you know what, no matter what you support or how much, you will never do enough in the end to assure you won't spend your eternity where there will be weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth.
      02-28-2008, 03:27 AM   #13
SunnyBoo
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: E90 328i

Man cannot help himself even with God's help................so yeah, go ahead and enjoy your life anyway you see fit...................
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2008, 03:47 PM   #14
e90im
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Carolyn0944,

The only thing that gets me to heaven is believing on the name of Jesus, accepting Him as the son of God, born to take away my sin, dying and being resurrected on the third day.
When I accepted this fact and asked Him thru prayer to forgive me of my sins and recognized what He did for me; that gave me my entry into heaven; not good works of any kind.

If I, for example, live my life by the bible, obey every word from it, except I don’t believe in Jesus, I’m going to hell? If a serial killer accepts Jesus on death row, he’ll be forgiven. It seems like God has some egocentric issues.

I was joking about the beast…Since I don’t “believe” in God, I don’t believe in devil either. So, you are safe in your vert.

Have you thought about the fact that you and your family are hardworking, capable people and that your accomplishments are result of you being that way.

I live a very comfortable life, and I am not blessed. So what does being blessed have to do with personal and material accomplishments?

Why would God make Muslim, Hindu and Buddhist people, knowing there are going to hell?

What if they are right, and you’re wrong. You’ll be gnashing teeth right next to me.
Attached Images

Last edited by e90im; 03-01-2008 at 03:04 AM.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2008, 10:41 PM   #15
chazzz
Captain
Rep

Drives: BMW 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92phreak View Post
Take the Crown Financial Ministry class. It will guide you on your spending. I must of failed that class. :

Hey, I am taking Crown Financial Ministry class (5 weeks now). I've learned SO much!!! I'd recommend anyone who wants to learn the depths of financial.
      03-08-2008, 11:22 PM   #16
djdorifto
Looking for that special M Coupe
United_States
Rep

Drives: Honda S2000

Send a message via AIM to djdorifto
Jesus likes older cars though...
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2008, 01:49 PM   #17
Neurorad
Major
Rep

Drives: 330xi 6MT Blk/Blk SP

Good question.

Biased subjects.

Results not valid.

I don't think it would make God happy. I think real Christians would take a vow of poverty (sharing everything), like Jesus.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2008, 02:40 PM   #18
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad View Post
I don't think it would make God happy. I think real Christians would take a vow of poverty (sharing everything), like Jesus.
Is that what you did?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2008, 05:23 PM   #19
HEY32G
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: Currently Z4MR Shopping

I think if you've accepted Jesus, and you're contributing in some way to help others find him, then he would be happy for you that you have a BMW.

After all, the gifts used to create a great car like a BMW were given to those engineers and designers by God. Them using those gifts are beautiful in God's eyes. God finds great joy when we use the gifts that he has given us, he just asks that we thank him when we do.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2008, 05:52 PM   #20
ChineseGuy
QuickShifter
Rep

Drives: Black E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH32335i View Post
I think if you've accepted Jesus, and you're contributing in some way to help others find him, then he would be happy for you that you have a BMW.

After all, the gifts used to create a great car like a BMW were given to those engineers and designers by God. Them using those gifts are beautiful in God's eyes. God finds great joy when we use the gifts that he has given us, he just asks that we thank him when we do.
I feel bad for the enginners and designers. They worked so hard to come up with some award winning cars and you just come along and give all the credits to God?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2008, 09:03 PM   #21
e90im
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH32335i View Post

Do you talk to God? Does he answers? Serious questions, really.
I mean, you base your life on a book and a prayer, so communication with God might be something we can capture on audio tape. Thanks in advance.

Appreciate 0
      03-10-2008, 09:07 PM   #22
e90im
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad View Post
Good question.

Biased subjects.

Results not valid.

Don't fall into the trap by equating God with Jesus. Be specific. You may make Zeus very happy, you never know.....

Appreciate 0